- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you like the story :) took so long to write compared to other chapters Meow :3

As we walk into the house Bruce asks where we were so we just tell him that we went swimming and he thinks nothing of it, so we go up stairs and I smile at Max “thanks for trusting me Max, I appreciate it a lot” I hold him close to me and I hug him “it was so scary, I thought I crushed you” I look at him seriously


“I almost did get crushed Sarah, I noticed it just in time” he turns away and I can see that he is starting to tear up so I hold him and wrap my tail around us for extra security.


“Don’t worry. I wouldn’t crush my little brother” I smile as he looks up at me confused


“Sis, I'm older and taller than you” He turns and faces me questioningly.


“Yes you are...” I start with a smirk “But I think I can add a few feet on to what you have” I giggle and hug him one last time “Good night Max”


“Good night Sarah” he shakes his head at my laughter as we part ways and retire for the night.


 


I wake up the next morning to the smell of bacon and both Max and Bruce walking in with food and presents. “huh? Uh whats going on?” They both start to sing happy birthday and I tear up out of joy “Its my birthday” I think to my self, realizing that while I was in the animal shelter I had forgotten when my birthday was, and Bruce couldn’t have known then either so I smile at both of them through tears of joy “Guys this is the best Birthday ever” I lean forward to hug them, but a sharp pain in my back forces me to sit back instead.


“Sarah are you ok?” Max's voice sounds strained and I can tell he has been worrying about me.


“Max don’t worry I'm fine, I just sat on my tail wrong is all.” I smile and sit forward and carnivorously tear into the bacon Bruce brought as he smiles at me. “Thanks for the bacon Bruce” I smile as I finish It off.


“Anything for my princess” He smiles and hands me a card and I take it “This is for your birthday, and this...” He hands me a small box “... Is an apology for the last gift I gave you” He looks down sad, so I lift his head and smile


“You didn’t have to apologize Bruce, I will always love you no matter what” I smile and open the card finding a $50 bill, and I smile at him before opening the box and pulling out another collar, wait not a collar... no its a necklace! “Thank you so much Bruce!!” I hug him and Kiss him smiling happily “It's great!!” When I'm done talking to Bruce, Max walks up to me and hugs me


“My gift wont be ready till later sis” He smile at me and helps me outta bed before letting me change. What could Max have that wont be ready till later? I shove the thought aside and go on a Walk with Max, eventually ending up at the waterfall.


“Thanks for being here for me Max” I smile as he dives into the river and I see a shadow signaling that he has come up on the other side of the waterfall. He is there but a single moment before I watch the figure swim under and pop out of the water by my paws


“Sarah you gotta see this!” Max dove under as soon as he finished his sentence and I followed him coming out to find a massive cavern on the other side of the waterfall.


“Max it's huge!” I get out of the water and walk along the wall of the cave, remarking how much natural light was coming through considering the cavern was underground and behind a waterfall. “Hey Max, can you come here?” My voice trails off, not believing what I am seeing. Max gets beside me and I show him the picture of a different cat girl and some guy. “I'm not alone...” I turn to Max teary-eyed.