- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

uh oh. i think im getting writers bloc! add the next chapter by emailing it and your penname to gtsmoe@gmail.com

[why did it have to be her?] I think as I sob, not noticing the man walking up to my brother and I


“hello... I’m from the orphanage... I’m sorry but you are going to have to come live here for a while... I’m terribly sorry” his words sting me like thousands of needles. [how could this happen?] I think, over and over again.


 


The man gets up and starts to walk away, asking for us to follow. I’m starting to shake from the cold and the crying when max touches my arm and I look at him crying. “Why her Max?”


 


A sad expression lifts from Maxes face I don’t know how he can be happy. “Sarah, lets go. Its not safe here.”


The love in his voice is so sincere. I follow him and the man, but the man closes the door in front of me “no pets” he talks sternly


 


“but mister I’m a human girl! I just look this way!” I plead with him as he walks to his door and gets in and starts the engine.


 


“NO PETS!!!” he angrily yells at me and I see Max's face in the window.


“Max No! I’m coming!!!” I try to chase the van but I’m too weak from running to the explosion, so I curl into a ball and cry “Max... No...” I quietly sob to my self. [Why him too] I think to myself, numb from the pain of losing my whole family In one night. [It should have been me...] I feel a warm hand on my back and jump up like a tiger, growling at the strange man


“Easy girl I’m just here to help” he has an animal services shirt on “I'm going to take you to your new home OK?” he slowly walks up to me with a cage, trying to entice me into it. I slowly stand and shift my bones so I can walk like a human.


 


“Ill go with you, but please don’t make me ride in that.” I try to smile as sweetly as possible to him because the shock on his face told me that he didn’t know I could do this. “Don t worry I’m safe” I add so he doesn’t freak out


“yo...yo... you Can Talk!!” He doesn’t look so afraid as he dose curious now “How is that even possible?” we start walking to the van


“well uh... whats your name?” I ask, not believing that I forgot.


“Oh, uh I’m Bruce, and my buddy Phil is in the back of the van” He smiles at me “wanna scare him?”


“I'm Sarah, and sure. Ill just change sometime during the ride” I smile at him and shift so I’m on all fours and I climb into the cage for the joke “And the doctors couldn’t figure out what I was. The closest they came was determining that I’m a 50/50 cat mix” I start making noises as we near the van to make it sound like a struggle. “I will shift when were there, but before we get out” I whisper to Bruce as he opens the back doors and slides me over near Phil.


“Ugh another cat? Bruce when are we getting more dogs? I hate cats!” [Great. He hates me already] I smile at this thought because it will make the prank even funnier to me.


“I told you Phil” Bruce was holding back laughs “We cant control what calls we get” He snicker to himself a little.


“Whats so funny?” Phil sounded angry that he missed out on some kind of joke, and I couldn’t wait to do it.


 


After 10 minutes of Phil going on about his life I feel the car slow to a stop and the engine sputter off. [This is going to be fun] I meow at the thought since giggling would give me away.


“Ill be right around to let you out Phil” Bruce had to raise his voice an octave to stop from laughing. “Just be patient” Whit those words he shuts his door and I move into action.


 


I start meowing a lot and Phil agitated enough that he kicks the cage to try and quiet me. I take the opportunity to shift my bones and unlock the cage and crawl out of it and stand and just evilly smile at him “hello, Phil”


 


Phil totally flips a shit and starts screaming and fumbles with his belt as I laugh so hard I’m crying. I wipe my eyes and as I open them again all I see is Bruce opening the door and a long needle with some long t-word on it before I pass out.


 


I wake up under a blanket in what looks like an office and I see Bruce asleep in a chair across the room, with no sign of Phil.


“Bruce?” I speak softly just to test if he is actually sleeping but he hears me and opens his eyes and smiles at me


“Morning sunshine” He stretches and yawns as I look at the clock but it's not digital and I’m too young to read it.


“what time is it Bruce?” I smile at him and remember the night before and my ears drop because I’m sad


“10:30 in the morning sweetheart” he walks over and sits me on his lap and hugs me, rubbing my back. “I know its sad Sarah, just let the tears out”


“I don’t cry Bruce” I smile sadly at him “Because I’m part cat” I shift my bones and curl up in his lap like a kitten and purr.


“What are we going to do with you?” Bruce sighs as I lay in his laps to feel safe.

Chapter End Notes:

wow. the orphanage owner is a d**c*e