- Text Size +

One day Ames Grayder got a knock on his house, and ran out to see that it was Hermia.

 

“How lovely to see you!” said Ames, “I think you look beautiful as always.”

 

“You look very nice too,” said Hermia.

 

“I’ve been hoping to see more of you, the way Mick Caryco sees more of Portia.”

 

“Are you saying you would like me to kiss you?”

 

“Yes, I would like it very much,” said Ames.

 

Hermia picked him up and kissed him over and over again, and then lay down on the grass and let him make himself at home on her upper body. They talked for a while. Then she took him to a hill overlooking the ocean and sat down amongst the flowers, placing him gently on her shoulder.

 

“Look out at the beauty of that ocean. I would like to visit the place called America that I’ve heard so much about,” said Hermia, “I would like to meet a man my own size, and experience everything that Diana feels for her Steve Trevor. Yet before I do that, I would like to have more of you, the way Irene had more of Bob Sayle.”

 

She said it confidently, and with some amusement at the way she had thrown his own choice of words back upon him. She had left him with the choice of repeating Bob Sayle’s departure or seeing her depart from him for a life of her own anyway.

 

“You’re very confident that I’ll agree, aren’t you?” he asked.

 

“Is there any doubt?” giggled the beautiful Amazon.

 

“I guess I can’t improve on today,” said Ames, “Can you do it slowly though, just so I can have a look and be sure about this?”

 

“Alright,” she laughed, and lifted him up off her shoulder and held him in front of her huge opening mouth.

 

“Oh my goodness!” he said, “It’s so strangely inviting. I can actually understand Bob’s outlook now.”

 

“How about I put you in there for a while. Take as long as you like to decide. If you decide yes, just rub my tongue three times. If you decide no, tap it three times. Be ready for me to gulp within seconds of rubbing it though.”

 

“Alright,” said Ames, and was gently slid into Hermia’s mouth.

 

He lay still on her tongue and enjoyed the feeling for quite some time. For the first few minutes, she kept her mouth open and let him look out at the sea beyond. Then she closed it.

 

Ames lifted his hand and thought and thought for several minutes. Finally he rubbed her tongue three times, and then braced himself for her response.

 

Suddenly he felt her tongue elevating onto an angle, and there was a huge gulping movement behind him, as he slid backwards into her throat, feet first.

 

Hermia just kept on happily gulping, and then the boy was gone.

 

 

Mala called on Tim Scribener, and courted and kissed him for days, letting him explore her upper body to his heart’s content. One day he told her he loved her and explained about marriage in the United States, and asked her if she would marry him on Paradise Island and be his wife there.

 

“You’ll have to prove your worthiness in a quest first,” said Mala, “Set out and bring me a purple leaf from the far side of the island, where seldom an Amazon ever goes.”

 

It took him days to get there, but when he arrived he saw Mala there waiting for him.

 

“Don’t worry about the leaf,” she said, “It was just a ruse to get you to head out here on your own, with nobody knowing I came here too. That Bob Sayle should have chosen me, not that barely motivated sweetie named Irene. I had to plead his case and got none of the benefits. You can be sure that I’ve chosen you, Tim. I wouldn’t bother heading back. I’d catch you long before you made it to the regularly used side of the island. When I come back I’m going to eat you all up.”

 

Mala got up and went for a walk. She was right. He could never escape her on the island. Nor could he get back and report her to Hippolyta or Diana in time to save himself. Tim knew his only way out was to leave the island by sea. There were no boats, but a thick fallen twig would act like a raft to him.

 

He found one and dragged it into the water and began to float. He was exhausted from the effort, and soon fell asleep. He awoke to see that he was floating close to some rocks, and then he saw Mala sitting on the rocks, just near the water. He tried to paddle away with his hand, but she leaned in and lifted him out in no time.

 

“Look what the tide brought in,” said Mala, and forced him into her laughing mouth and swallowed him.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hermia’s last appearance was in The Legend of Wonder Woman #1-4 (May 1986)

Mala appeared in Wonder Woman#28 “Villainy Incorporated” (April 1948)