- Text Size +

Portia was one Amazon who was so moonstruck by one of the Justice Commandos, that she wasted no time in taking the initiative with Mick Caryco. Having made sure that she was the one who built and positioned his house, she knew where he would live, and went walking down there one day to see him. She knelt down outside, peeked in the window and called to him.

 

“Oh hi,” said Mick, entering the room with the window.

 

“I thought that you might be able to tell me more of what Diana spoke of the day we first met, since you come from those United States she visits,” said Portia.

 

“I’d be happy to help with anything you’d like to know,” said Mick.

 

“Thank you. Could you explain what she meant by men and women living and working together? Is this what Inza is doing with Tommy?”

 

“I guess that’s called falling in love,” said Mick.

 

“It seems to involve curious but interesting rituals,” said Portia, “I secretly came upon them out on the grassy hill above the shore one day, and saw her pushing her lips against his face. I could not understand the purpose of this activity, and yet I found myself wanting to participate in it, with a boy of my own.”

 

“The desire to participate is all the purpose that either party needs,” said Mick.

 

“Then may I ask you something even more important, Mick? Would you so desire … to participate in such an activity with me?”

 

“I certainly would,” said Mick, “Could you hold your hand outside the window?”

 

Portia complied, and Mick stepped out onto her hand. She was seated by the house. She lifted him towards her face, and pressed her lips to his own tiny face.

 

“It’s called a kiss,” said Mick, “And you have participated in a very likable way.”

 

They began dating.

 

Perhaps the most devious member of the Justice Commandos was Bob Sayle, who had entertained the most unusual aspirations ever since he had first met the Amazons. One day Irene sat down at her table to eat her lunch and began spooning salad from a bowl into her mouth, until she noticed something else on the spoon other than lettuce and celery. It was Bob Sayle!

 

“Bob! What are you doing there?”

 

“I climbed in when you weren’t looking. I think you know what I’d be doing in a bowl of food,” said Bob, “Don’t let me interrupt you. Just go on ahead with what you were about to do with this spoonful.”

 

“Is this an American custom that you boys have yet to tell us about?” asked Irene.

 

“I doubt that it’s a custom,” said Bob, “I’m probably the only boy in the world who wants it fulfilled. I hope to see that you’re well filled too.”

 

“Well … alright … if you’re quite decided about it,” said Irene.

 

“I’ve been decided about it for weeks,” said Bob, “Given the chance, I might have asked the woman who brought us here, but that was before I met you.”

 

“And out of all the Amazons, you’ve chosen me to do this,” said Irene.

 

“Yes, because you look perfect for it,” said Bob Sayle.

 

“Then I’ll … do it, I suppose,” said Irene.

 

She lifted the spoon to her mouth again. Bob Sayle looked into the approaching pink tunnel to a labyrinth below. She slowly eased the spoon into her mouth, leaving him still on it, waiting to see if he might change his mind.

 

“Stop!” called a voice.

 

Bob turned and looked out of her mouth to see that it was Diana.

 

“You can’t do this!” said Diana.

 

Irene took him out of her mouth, still on the spoon, and put the spoon of food down on the table. Bob climbed off it.

 

“I asked her to do it,” said Bob.

 

“Maybe so, but I still can’t permit you to be eaten by one of us,” said Diana.

 

“Well I want to be,” said Bob.

 

“I’ve seen a lot of unprecedented things on our island over the last few weeks,” said Diana, “But to resolve this one, I shall have to convene a court, with my mother presiding of course. In the meantime, as princess of Paradise Island, I issue an injunction against eating any boy.”

 

The court was convened with a number of boys and amazons in attendance. Irene had asked Mala to act as Bob Sayle’s independent legal counsel, which she did.

 

“Mr Sayle, will you tell the court in your own words, why it is that you want to be eaten by Irene?” asked Mala.

 

“I would like to go inside her beautiful mouth, to touch every part of her beautiful tongue, and then to slide down inside her beautiful Amazonian body and to nourish her from within,” said Bob.

 

“No cross examination,” said Diana.

 

“The witness may step down,” said Hippolyta, “The next witness, Irene, will take the stand.”

 

“And why do you wish to be nourished?” asked Diana.

 

“I do not fully understand this activity, but the boy chose me of all the amazons on our island to be the one to do it. I feel strangely honoured and desire only to give him the experience that he is here before this court, pleading for today,” said Irene.

 

“Then by all means, put him into your mouth and close it, and it will be an open and shut case,” said Hippolyta, “From now on, no injunctions may be issued against the eating of boys who wish to be eaten.”

 

Irene took Bob Sayle home again, put him into her next salad, and stirred it randomly with her fingers. He felt the excitement of being moved around arbitrarily and waiting and wondering when she would spoon him up.

 

Soon he found himself on her spoon again. This time he made it into her mouth to stay, and saw the spoon retreating away with her fingers, as he slid onto her tongue. He slid around on it for several minutes, and then launched himself keenly into her throat and slid down it.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Irene appeared in Wonder Woman#28 “Villainy Incorporated” (April 1948)

Portia’s last appearance was in The Legend of Wonder Woman #1-4 (May 1986)