- Text Size +

Batwoman got up and turned, and accidentally knocked Hatwoman’s hat off.

 

“Clumsy fool!” said Hatwoman, as her hat fell to the floor.

 

Before Hatwoman could retrieve it, Wonder Woman gripped Hatwoman tightly.

 

“What have you done to us?” she asked, “I would never have eaten someone unless I was under a criminal’s influence. Did Brainwave’s shrinking technique have a mind control factor included?”

 

“You can’t blame me for that. It was Black Canary’s plan. She even responded to the mention of the phrase ‘eating it up’ made in reference to the female public opinion of the Posterior Five.”

 

“Yes, but I happen to know the modus operandi of a criminal other than Brainwave, whose equipment you stole, Hatwoman,” said Batwoman, “I wondered where I’d seen that hat before. Now I know. That bowler hat belongs to Jervis Tetch alias the Mad Hatter. You must have stolen it from him and then used it initially to mesmerize Black Canary into suggesting her plan to shrink the Posterior Five and then all of us into eating them. The poor little dears are even now sliding slowly through our bodies and into our tummies to fight for their survival.”

 

“We have to get them out,” said Bat-Girl.

 

“But how can anyone go inside our bodies and retrieve them?” asked Black Canary.

 

“I can just apply the same shrinking process in no time. It’s all still set up,” said Wonder Woman.

 

“Sure, but who would have the skill to go down inside our bodies and make it back intact with the Posterior Five?”

 

“There’s one man who could do it,” said Batwoman, “Cave Carson! Bat-Girl and I will use the radio equipment down in the Batcave to send out a call for him on every possible frequency. We’ll need five people. The other four are perfect for this type of operation too: The Challengers of the Unknown. We’ll call them too. It’ll mean giving away the location of the Batcave, but we’ve no time to do anything else.”

 

 

Wonder Woman went out to where she’d parked her invisible plane on the back lawn of Wayne Manor, and collected the reverse engineered Brainwave shrinking equipment.

 

 

Responding to a message from Bat-Girl, the Challengers of the Unknown soon arrived, and landed their own craft on the front lawn.

 

Batwoman finally managed to contact Cave Carson, who was on an adventure of his own, but willing to interrupt it for their emergency.

 

“Just give me the latitude and longitude of the Batcave,” said Cave Carson clearly audible on the frequency used.

 

Batwoman got it from the Batcomputer and told Cave Carson. It was not long before Cave’s brand new borer craft pushed mounds of earth aside and surfaced in the Batcave.

 

“I was inside the earth at the time and thought it would be much quicker if I took the direct route,” said Cave Carson.

 

He took out five sets of spelunking equipment and gave four of them to the Challengers of the Unknown. Wonder Woman shrank the five men and the spelunking equipment. The women then helped the men into their mouths. Carson and the Challengers fastened their ropes to the women’s teeth, and then went spelunking down their throats, turned on the torches on their safety helmets and made their way down further, until each of them found the swallowed boy concerned and had the boy climb up the rope first, while the man belayed at the bottom. Then the men climbed back up and out of the women’s mouths too.