- Text Size +

I didn't know how much time had passed when the swaying finally stopped, and I felt her slowly remove her coat. I swung every which way as she removed it, then it stopped, and I felt the coat swing back fast and then abruptly stop. I hung in the pocket, feeling the whole of the coat sway back and forth before all of a sudden light burst in as the flap opened. In came Annie's long tan fingers, wrapping around me with ease as she took me out.

She held me at about waist level, and I had a flattering view of her tight jeans wrapped around her athletic legs. This time I remembered not to squirm in her rather tight grip as I watched her fling her jacket on to a nearby bed. I gulped as I stared at that bed, to me it looked like you could build a house, hell houses if not a whole street on that bed. “Good thing I remembered that,” her voice boomed. Annie wasn't speaking to me but herself, I realized, to her I was something that it was regretful to have not thrown across the room. It sounded like she had only just remembered to take a phone out of her pocket not a person. Annie then sat me down on a large wooden desk, before sitting down in front of it.

I stood up and stared at her, glaring at my classmate now turned giantess, waiting for an explanation for why I was now only a few inches tall. Instead though, she only opened up her laptop and begin tapping away at it, casually watching youtube videos, listening to music, and looking at various websites. I carefully walked across the large plain that was now her desk, slowly moving around the scattering of notebooks, pens, and the one or two paper coffee cups which were also taller than me that resided near her laptop. I stood next to the coffee cups marveling at their size, I jumped and tried to tap the lid of one, finding myself just barely falling short. When I tapped it, the cup wiggled, and before I could barely register that I had made something move at my size the cup was lifted away by one of Annie's giant hands.

She looked down at me as she tossed the coffee cup into a waste basket I couldn't see and then said, “Oh it was just you.”

I then stared up at her, and waved my hand, as I shouted, “Hey, Annie!”

She then burst into laughter, and then she leaned in close to me, her voice booming, “Oh my god, your voice is hilarious, man. It's like a little bird tweeting or something.” She laughed again returning once more to her computer and youtube videos.

I frowned, and I walked over to her laptop, I cupped my hands and shouted again, “Hey!”

Annie laughed again, clearly she heard me I thought, but this time she just picked me up and placed me on a shelf above her desk, and then said, “I'm busy right now.”

I could only stare at her, she was just sitting at her computer going about her business. And here I stood, a person that she had just shrunk down not that long ago, and still I had no explanation about why she did it. I was about to try shouting at her again, when I sighed, sitting down on the shelf. It slowly dawned on me that to her, what she had done didn't require an explanation or at least not to me.

After another ten minutes or so, it was so hard to tell the passage of time without a clock in my view, her hand suddenly wrapped around me again and brought me down on to the desk. She smiled, not even bothering to lean down at me this time, “Good, you're behaving now.”

I could only stare up at her, behaving? I wanted to shout it, I wanted to get up and yell at her, then I felt my chest tingle a little from what to her had only been a flick of her fingers. I then noticed her rising up out of her seat, she smiled down at me and said, “I'm going to go get some food but I want you to stay right there, ok little guy?” I only continued to stare up in disbelief at her as she continued, “Now don't think about trying to get off this desk, alright? Even if you were able to get down with out going splat, I wouldn't want to mistake you for a bug, cause I don't like little bugs in my room. So just stay put little guy.” She then turned away and walked off, each of her steps shook the whole of my world as I could only stare at her retreating body, within a few of her giant steps she was gone.

I paced about her desk, trying to figure out what she was exactly expecting me to do while she was away. After a few minutes of pacing, I sat down on the desk trying to determine if she was expecting me to do anything. It was already becoming apparent that to her I wasn't much more than an object, so maybe I was just supposed to lay about her desk like her pens and notebooks. Then, I wondered, why shrink me down in the first place? Was it really just to keep me on her desk as some sort of knick-knack.

I didn't know how much time passed as I felt my world shake once more, and Annie returned with a bowl bigger than me in her hand. She set down the bowl next to me on her desk, and I could only recoil in a little fear as it too created a small tremor. That bowl if dropped on me could probably kill me, or at least injure me enough that I'd die eventually. Her hands then passed above me, moving aside notebooks, and empty cups, I heard her take off her shoes and socks as she then picked up her bowl, leaned back and put her feet up on the desk directly in front of me.

I stared at her gigantic feet, I was somewhat surprised, for some reason I always imagined that her feet would be rough from walking barefoot or the like but instead I was greeted with a pair of well-maintained tan feet with carefully painted toe-nails that wriggled not far above my head. Annie then leaned into my view and said, her voice not quite the booming thunder that I was slowly becoming acquainted to, “Massage them.”

I stared back at her, and said, “What?”

She laughed, “None of your little tweeting little guy, massage them.” She then stretched them and bumped them into me, I could feel just from her light tap the force behind her feet, “I've had a long day and I spent a lot of it on my feet. Massage them.” I stood unsure of what to do as I stared up at her massive feet, then all of a sudden she lightly batted me with one, like I was being gently shoved and this time her voice did boom, “I said massage them.”

Slowly I reached out my hands and placed them onto the firm supple flesh of her feet, and tried with all my might to massage the flesh. She let out a low 'mhm' of approval and I continued, slowly feeling sweat forming on my brow as I continued the process. Slowly I massaged her feet, as she ate and watched something on Netflix Annie would slowly move her feet about so I could reach every part of her sole. It was when I had finished massaging her feet and she took them down, once more setting the massive bowl next to me did I realize why she had shrunk me down. To Annie, I was just a slave.

Annie didn't even look down at me now that I was done with my task, she just grabbed a book off the shelf above us and as she was about to open it up to start reading it a massive earth quake tore through the table. I fell over and tried to grab on to something as I felt myself sliding around. Annie's laughter tore through the quake, and I looked above me as her hand reached out and over me, grabbing a giant cell phone I hadn't even realized was on her desk.

“Hey Katie,” Annie called into her phone, “You're on your way, cool I'll unlock the front door. Oh yeah...I just had one...I'm sure it'll get better.” Annie rose up and left the room, I heard her move down the stairs and then come back up, as she entered the room I heard her voice boom, “Oh yeah you totally can, I'm sure plenty of people will be. Alright, see you in a few.” Annie closed her phone, and then smiled down at me as she quickly scooped me up and carried me out of her room.