- Text Size +

        Candice expected to see a terrible monster burst through the forest, but something she didn't predict peeked. A single head poked its way out from the forest between two trees. Candice stared at the face in confusion. The face looked completely human and looked like a boy around her age. A pretty cute and handsome boy, Candice would add. There was only one thing that was troubling about the boy. The head was over one hundred feet off the ground and the head was large. The boy was a giant.

        For a long moment, the boy just stared at Candice from the distance and Candice stood still filled with fear of what the boy might do to her. Long seconds past by and began muttering and praying, "Please. Please, just make him go away. I don't want to be sacrificed to a giant. Who knows what he'd do to me." She had no idea what the giant did to his sacrifices. Maybe he ate them or used the sacrifices as playthings for his own sick pleasures. He could need a sacrifice every few months because he was too rough with them and broke his playthings. Candice could only imagine the sorts of lustful things that could be swimming in the mind of a teenage boy. Candice didn't want to be forced in such experiments. Candice cried more at the thought of this. Oh please don't let me be some sort of sex toy for a giant. Anything but that.

        Candice just continued to stare at giant face in the distance with teary eyes. She had no way of escaping the ropes that bound her to the pole. She was at the complete mercy of a giant, and Candice feared the worst. Long seconds continued to drift by as giant continued to stare at her with only his head poking out of the trees. The giant never averted his gaze from Candice and the stake she was trapped on. Those giant brown eyes brought a serious discomfort to her and she looked down at her bare feet on the wooden surface of the cart. He's been staring at me for a long time. Maybe... Maybe he doesn't want to do anything with me. Maybe he'll just leave. Candice knew that it sounded highly unlikely that the giant was just going to leave her alone, but it was the only hope she had to grasp onto.

        However, all her hopes were yet again dashed away by the giant's next move. The giant suddenly stepped out of the woods and onto the edge of the vast plane. The movement caused Candice to look back up and she examined him in shock and fear. The boy seemed to have an average build, relative to his huge size. Well, he looked a little weaker than he should, though that didn't matter to Candice. The boy was still very large and his muscles were still larger than her entire body since he was about 180 feet tall. So, even if he was a tad bit weaker looking for his age, he was still strong enough to do whatever he wanted with Candice which scared Candice even most of all. Hell, Candice only looked as if she was two inches tall compared to him.

        The body wasn't wearing many clothes. In fact, the boy only wore a loincloth which seemed to be made from animal furs, and a belt with a knife made for a giant attached to the belt. Normally, Candice would appreciate a boy's lack of clothes and admire the boy's body, but she was too scared and shocked to admire the cute body. This boy was a giant and he was walking towards her! Candice's mind was being filled with all the thoughts and ideas of what the giant might want with her and might do to her. None of those thoughts were good and Candice became very afraid.

        The giant walked towards Candice and as he got closer, he began to walk slower. Candice believed the giant was messing with her. She believed the giant was savoring every moment of her despair by approaching slower and slower. Candice closed her eyes and cried. I know he's come here to eat me. I'm the village's sacrifice. Why doesn't he just get over here and finish me off? I have no hope of escaping or fighting him off. Why can't he just get it over with already?

        Candice could hear and feel the giant's footfalls as he approached closer. With each step, the booming sound of his barefoot colliding with the ground got louder and the small quakes were becoming stronger. The quakes weren't too strong though. The boy was gigantic, but nowhere near large enough to cause a massive quake, maybe if he slammed his foot down with all his might, but the boy was walking normally. In fact, the boy was walking more carefully as he approached closer and the quakes were becoming less violent. However, the wooden cart and stake Candice was on still rattled due to the sheer weight of the giant and his footsteps.

        With each increasing footfall, Candice became more scared. Beads of sweat dripped down Candice's face and joined the tears that soaked her cheeks. Candice's heart pounded at the back of her chest just as hard and loud as the giant's footfalls. Candice tightened her eye lids, not wanting to see her approaching doom, but though she couldn't see her doom approaching, she could easily imagine it behind the blackness of the back of her eyelids. Candice shook with fear and shook so much that she no longer knew if it was her shaking or the cart shaking from the footfalls.

        Eventually, the footfalls stopped extremely close to her. Candice tried to force herself to keep her eyes closed, but she was finding it hard to do so. She knew that seeing her own death would be much worse, but she had to just see what was happening. She couldn't let her imagination do all the work. Candice opened her eyes and saw two large bare feet about a few yards away from the cart parallel to each other and supporting two pillars of white flesh and bone. Candice slowly looked up past the giant's loincloth, past his torso, and finally up to the boy's face which looked down at her. The boy's giant eyes were staring straight down at her and she had to lift her head nearly all the way back to see his face.

        The boy began to move and Candice darted her eyes to the movement. The boy's heels lifted off the ground, the pillar legs began to bend, and the torso began to lower. Soon, the boy was sitting on the backs of his heels with his toes still planted firmly on the ground. The ground beneath the balls of his feet compacted from who knows how tons the giant weighed. His thighs and knees formed a V-shape in the air. His hands draped over the space between his legs with his wrists resting in the area close to his knees. Though the face was much closer to Candice now, she still had to look up pretty high.

        For a long moment, Candice and the giant boy just stared at each other. Candice was visibly afraid of the giant before her. Staring up at him was unfortunately all she could do, because there was no way she'd be able to fight the monstrously large giant and she doubted it would listen to her since she wasn't the first sacrifice it must have had. Plus, she was about the size of a modern day action figure to the giant. Why would someone listen to something of that size? Candice continued to cry and shiver as the giant boy looked down at her.

        Eventually, the boy's right hand moved and started reaching down for her. Candice was as fearful as a deer looking upon the oncoming headlights of a moving vehicle. She couldn't even find her voice to scream out. The fingertips of the giant's right hand continued its descent towards her.

        The giant fingertips grow closer and closer to her helpless body, but her breath continued to bury itself deep inside her. She could not avert her eyes away from the large fingers. Inch by inch it closed the gap between them and her breaths became louder. It wasn't until the hand was almost touching her that her scream finally escaped from her lungs. She closed her eyes and turned away as the shriek escaped her throat. The giant hand retreated back and it must have startled the giant, because the earth beneath Candice shook. Candice opened her eyes a bit to see the giant was sitting with his butt on the ground and his legs spread out on each side of the wooden cart Candice was tied to a stake to.

        To Candice's horror, the giant unsheathed his dagger and it approached Candice this time. The dagger's blade was larger than Candice's body and she closed her eyes again. Her muscles tensed up, expecting to be gutted cruelly by the cold blade of the dagger. Snap! Suddenly, she felt the ropes around her fall away. Candice fell onto her butt, still leaning against the stake, causing her to open her eyes.

        The giant boy was already putting away his knife. Candice thought about running away, but she knew that she wouldn't stand a chance against the giant's strides. The giant still had her trapped. The giant looked down at her with sad brown eyes. This confused Candice. Why is the giant sad? Candice wondered.

        Suddenly, the giant got up on his feet, turned around, and slowly started walking back to the forest. Candice watched the giant boy in confusion. H-he's not going to kill me? But I'm supposed to be a sacrifice for him? Why is he letting me go? Candice wondered. Candice shook her head and thought, That doesn't matter now. I have to get out of here before the giant changes his mind. But where do I go? I have no idea where home is or where I am. I don't see any nearby road and that village will only burn me if I go back there. What do I do?

        Candice soon thought of an idea, but it sounded too risky. Oh Hell no. I'm not going to chase after that giant. He could do anything to me. He could easily just kill me and... Candice thought, But he hasn't done anything to me. He actually freed me from the stake. Maybe he's not a monster at all. I hate to admit it, but he seems to be the best option for help. I have nowhere else to go and he'd more likely help me before those villagers.

        Candice saw that the giant's long strides had taken him pretty far. It was now or never. "Wait!" Candice screamed. The giant boy stopped in his tracks and turned around till his side was facing Candice and his face looking at her. Candice leaped off the cart and hurried to the giant. She stopped a few yards away from the giant's feet and looked up at the massive being. Candice saw surprise and confusion in the giant boy's expression, but he eventually crouched down and leaned in a little closer.

        Candice grew scared and intimidated by the boy's largeness and nervously stammered, "I-I n-need help, p-p-please."

        "I've already freed you," the giant replied. "This is when you start running back home and tell the whole village of the monster you escaped." A hint of anger was in the giant's voice during the last statement. But it was the type of anger that came being hurt.

        "I... I'm not s-sure wh-where my h-home is."

        The giant looked confused now. "Is it not the same village that tried to sacrifice you?"

        "Th-that's not m-my home. I-I don't know h-how I g-got there. They th-thought I was a w-witch. If I g-go back th-there, they'd b-burn me. It's too d-dangerous to g-go back there."
        "

        And being with a giant like me isn't?"

        "P-please, I'm l-lost. I d-don't know wh-where to g-go."

        "But you're still afraid of me, aren't you."

        Candice didn't need to answer that question; her shivering and stuttering answered the giant's question for her.

        "Yet, you're still willing to come with me?" the giant asked.

        "I-I have nowhere else t-to go."

        "I will help you with what you need, but I think we should travel to my home first. It's almost time for lunch. I can catch us both something to eat and we can talk about what has happened to you and find a solution while we eat."

        The giant lowered his hand towards Candice. Candice backed away in fear and fell backwards on her butt and back only being propped up by her forearms and elbows. The giant lowered the back of his hand on the ground so that the palm faced up. Candice stared at the hand that could easily pick up a car as if it was a matchbox car with fear. "C-can't I walk?" Candice asked not wanting to put her life in the hands of a giant, literally.

        "It's a good distance walk for humans; you won't be able to catch up. It would be better to let me carry you," the giant informed Candice.

        Candice sighed and slowly but surely crawled onto the giant's hand. Once she was in a comfortable position on the smooth flesh of the giant's palm, Candice looked up to the giant as if to say she was ready. The giant nodded as he smiled warmly down at the human in his hand. The giant slowly stood up and walked towards the forest with his hand at chest level. "So, what's your name?" the giant asked.

        "C-Candice," she replied, "Yours?"

        "Tim," the giant answered as he walked into the forest towards his home.