- Text Size +

The next morning Jeremy awoke to a loude beeping. He was a little dizzy as he didn't sleep too well last night but he could tell it was Aelita's alarm. What puzzeled him was that Aelita usually wakes up and wakes Jeremy before it has the chance to wake him up. Jeremy decided to crawl out of his sock-bed and see if Aelita was still asleep. When he got out he saw that she wasn't there, he really didnt think that she would leave him alone especially after what happened the day before. Just then he heard the door opening and he jumped behind a sticky note posted on the desk so in case the person coming in wasn't Aelita they wouldn't see him. He peeked out to see who it was and was releived that it was Aelita. Jeremy saw that her hair was wet, so naturally he figured that she had just come out of the shower. Aelita turned off the alarm that had been going off and said, "Hey Jeremy whered you go?"

 

"I'm right here, why didn't you wake me?" Jeremy asked.

 

"I left a note for you on the desk, I woke up really early so I could take a longer shower and I didn't want to bother you at that time." She said while drying her hair.

 

"Note? What note?" Jeremy asked.

 

"The note you're standing behind Jeremy." She pointed out. Jeremy walked out from behind it and looked. Aelita couldn't help but laugh a bit at the fact that Jeremy didn't notice a note that was twice his size. "Maybe you need new glasses?"

 

"Haha, very funny Aelita." Jeremy said.

 

"Oh and before I forget, I got you something since I had some extra time." Aelita said. Then Aelita opened her palm on her desk next to Jeremy and told him to climb on. She lifted him up slowly near her face and opened her other hand next to the first, she made like a little bridge and Jeremy saw something small and black in the middle of her other palm. "Well go on walk to the other side." Jeremy knew she liked playing games so he dicided to play along. He walked over and saw that Aelita had shrunken and brought his laptop to him. 

 

"Thanks Aelita that was nice of you." Jeremy said.

 

"No problem it wasn't hard." Aelita said.

 

"And it works fine too." Jeremy added.

 

"I think that if a human works after being shrunken the computer will be fine." Aelita said. 

 

"Hey would it be alright if I stayed here today?" Jeremy asked.

 

"You don't like coming with me?" Aelita said.

 

"No, it's not that, it's just that i get kind of bored in the locket." Jeremy said.

 

"Ok, you can stay but don't get in any trouble ok?" Aelita told him.

 

"I wil do my best." Jeremy said. The Aelita put him back down on her desk and picked up the sock she wore yesterday that he didn't sleep in. Aelita lifted the sock to her nose and took a little smell and jerked her hed back a bit. 

 

"Well I guess my feet may sweat a bit more than i thought, but it's bearable." Aelita said.

 

"I'd like to see you spend a night in your sock." Jeremy said.

 

"I don't think i can, I mean who would tie the end? Or untie it in the morning?" Aelita asked.

 

"Well you couldn't handle it anyway." Jeremy pointed out.

 

"Yes I could." Aelita said. 

 

"Fine then lets make a bet?" Jeremy asked.

 

"What do you mean?" Aelita asked.

 

"Well tonight you sleep with the sock you wore all day taped to your face, right on your nose and see if you can leave it there all night ok." Jeremy said 

 

"Fine but then you have to sleep taped my sole, with your head right between my toes alright?" Aelita said.

 

"I'd rather not..." Jeremy began but before he could finish Aelita said, "You don't have a choice little guy."

 

"Ugh, fine then." Jeremy said. With that Aelita put Jeremy in her sock and left for class. She was sort of relieved that he/she didn't have to take care of Jeremy all day but then felt guilty for thinking that. She was lost in thought and walked right by her friends who had been waiting for her.

"Aelita! Aelita where are you going?"Odd asked.

"Oh, hi everybody." Aelita said to the group.

"How are you doing?" Yumi asked her.

"I'm fine, how about you?" Aelita said.

"I've been good." Yumi said.

"Me too." Ulrich said. "Hey Aelita I see you're not wearing your precious locket." Odd said.

"Yeah I left it in my room today." Aelita said.

"What's so special about it?" Yumi asked.

"I'll bet it was a gift from Jeremy." Ulrich said. "Well yes it was." Aelita admitted.

"Maybe, but that's not it, there's something in it that she doesn't want anyone to see. And I wanna know what it is....." Odd added.

"Oh odd leave her alone." Yumi said.

"Fine, fine but I will find what you're hiding Aelita." Odd said.

"Haha you sound like she's a criminal." Ulrich said. The bell rang and they each left to class.