- Text Size +

"Where have you been Aelita?" Yumi asked.

"Uh- I've been doing some work in the lab." Aelita said.

"Well I guess someones got to do Einstein's work while he's gone." Odd said.

"Any word of when he will get back Aelita?" Yumi asked.

"No, he said he was fine though." Aelita said.

"Well I hope he gets back soon." Yumi said.

"Hey Aelita why do you look so tired?" Ulrich asked.

"I've been working a lot i guess." Aelita said. 

"Forget that people need to sleep?" Odd asked jokingly.

"Very funny Odd." Aelita said. After she finished eating she left to go back to her room, trying to avoid any teachers. She didn't want to be asked why she had been out of class all day. When she got back to her room she felt like she was forgetting something but she was tired and so she went to be bed. When she woke up she took a shower and got changed as usual, then she looked at her desk and saw her sock on it. Then she remembered Jeremy. She looked in the sock only to find that it was empty. Aelita started to panic when she realized that she had left Jeremy in his room alone. She ran to his room as fast as she could, and opened the door, she felt as if someone had been following her but she was too worried about Jeremy to think about it. "Jeremy? Where are you?" Aelita asked.

"I'm right here, on the desk!" Jeremy shouted. Even though he shouted it only sounded like a whisper to Aelita because she was on the other side of the room.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you here alone all night." Aelita said.

"Don't worry about it, I was fine. I was actually asleep until now when you came and shouted my name." Jeremy said.

"Maybe, but I was still worried about you." Aelita said.

"Not much can happen to me in my room, even of I am small." Jeremy reminded her.

"You know you could have just said thanks for worrying about me or something..." Aelita said sounding a bit annoyed.

"Well I didn't see any reason for you to be worried, it's not like anyone is looking for me right now, and no one else knows that I'm here so it's be pretty hard for me to get hurt or anything." Jeremy said.

"You know, it isn't easy taking care of a little person," Aelita was saying while she picked Jeremy up and held him at eye level in her fist. "I'm always worried that something could happen to you and that if something did it would be my fault. The least you could do is be thankful that I'm taking care of you." As her grip tightened Jeremy started to get worried. He could tell that she was getting angry at him but he didn't know exactly what to say, he knew if he said something she didn't like then she could squeeze him out of anger and really hurt him.

"Aelita, you're hurting me, please stop!" Jeremy shouted, but Aelita did not seem to be interested in what he was saying. Jeremy hadn't thought of how it must feel to be in Aelita's place. It must be a lot of stress for her."Look, I am thankful for what you're doing, I guess I'm just not good at showing it." Aelita put him down on the desk and took a second to calm down.

"Alright, I may have overreacted a bit, I'm sorry." Aelita said. Jeremy wanted to say something like "A Little!?" But he thought that he might make her mad again. Jeremy really had not thought about how much power Aelita actually had over him. Mostly because Aelita had always been so gentle with him and had treated him like an equal even though he was smaller. The way that she looked at him a few minutes ago made him feel as if he was just a little pest to her, but what she said was what really made him feel insignificant.

 

"Well please don't do that again, you could have really hurt me..." Jeremy said. She just picked him up and the little pile of shrunken clothes and went back to her room with Jeremy in her fist. they got back to her room with no problems. 

"So, you should probably change so that i can wash your clothes." Aelita said.

 

"How are you going to wash them?" Jeremy asked.

 

"Well I can just rinse them in the sink and use some soap the let them air dry in the closet." Aelita said.

 

"Oh ok, that seems as if itd work." Jeremy said.

  Jeremy asked Aelita to hold up a tissue like a little changing booth for him. She did as he asked and then gave him a new change of clothes. "Wow, it feels so stange to have clothes that arent covered in sweat." 

 

"Don't worry, I'll fix that soon enough." Aelita said with a little smile on her face. Aleita picked Jeremy up and put him in her palm. Then she started to tilt her hand and Jeremy started to slide on her hand. She kept doing it until her hand was completely sideways and Jeremy had fallen off. As soon as he fell she cought him with her other hand. She laughed a bit but Jeremy didn't seem to find it as funny as Aelita did. He really wasn't that upset though considering some of the other things she has done to him. "I have to go to class, and I think im late already. Would you like to come with me?" Aelita asked.

 

"Sure, It'd be nice to get out of this room." Jeremy repied. Aelita opened the locket that was around her neck and lifted Jeremy so that he could climb in. "You know, one of the good things that comes from being small is that every room seems like a new world."

Aelita smiled at him, closed the locket and left his room. She was closing the door when she heard behind her, "Hey Aelita what were you ding in Jeremy's room?"  Odd happened to be walking by as she was leaving Jeremy's room.

 

"Oh, hi Odd. I was just leaving some school assignments in Jeremy's room for when he gets back." Aelita said nervously.

 

"Oh, well we are both pretty late for class so we should probably get going now. By the way, thats a nice locket. You mind if I take a look at it?" Odd asked reaching twoards her locket. Jeremy was worried that Odd would find out whats been going on. He didn't like lying to his friends but he already had enough with Aelita toying with him, he did not need anyone else messing with him. Aelita tried to pull away but Odd had already had his hand on the locket, so when she did the string broke and Odd had the locket in his hand. From Jeremys perspective all he felt was that the locket had been jerked back and that it had fallen but someone had caught it. His first thought was that Aelita had caught it but that thought dissapeared when the locked started shaking violently.

Odd was shaking the locket back and forth because when he caught it he heard something rattle in it. Aelita was worried but she couldn't really do much since she didn't want to make Odd drop it and really hurt the tiny Jeremy inside it. Odd kept rattling it and asked, "Aelita whats inside here?"

 

"Nothin important. Give it back plaease Odd." Aelita replied. 

 

"I just wanna see whats inside it, it'l only take a second." Odd said while he attempted to open it. While he was focused on opening Aelita managed to snatch it out of his hand and tied it back around her neck.

 

"Now don't touch it okay Odd?" Aelita said.

 

"Jeez you'd think you actually had a dark seceret kept in there." Odd said they walked to their classes. The rest of the day wen along without any other problems. After her classes Aelita returned to herr room and took Jeremy out of the locket after locking the door. 

 

"How are you feeling?" Aelita asked.

 

"You know even though it happened this morning I'm still a little shaken up from what happened." Jeremy said.

 

"Well you're safe now, I won't shake you around like that. Aelita said. "We should probably go to sleep now, I can't be late to another class or I'll get in real trouble."

"By the way did you take care of the teachers for me?" Jeremy asked.

 

"Yeah, I sent the E-mails and used your voice disguiser program on the supercomputer to stop any suspicions that they had." Aelita said.

 

"Ok, thank you Aelita." Jeremy said. "And goodnight." Aelita fell asleep right as her head hit the pillow and after putting Jeremy in her sock on her desk. It didn't bother him that he was in a sock as he was getting used to it, but there was something in his head that was bothering him...