- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

now they have a plan, but will it work out?

"Jeremy.... Jeremy, wake up." Aelita said softly to him. Jeremy was still asleep leaned back on Aelita's foot and he was still only an inch tall. Jeremy was still asleep, and Aelita thought of pulling another prank on him but she thought he had had enough yesterday, with being trapped in her shoe for such a long time. Aelita kept on trying to wake up Jeremy by moving her foot slightly and eventually she felt him move. 

"Aelita? I had the strangest dream, I was only an inch tall and..." Jeremy began to say before turning around. "Oh, it wasn't a dream was it?"

"Sorry, but you were wide awake the whole time." Aelita said.

"Great.... So if I remember correctly we were going to try and make you learn how to use your new abilities?" Jeremy asked.

"Yeah, but you seem so upset that you weren't dreaming, I thought you said that it wasn't so bad being tiny with me helping you." Aelita said.

"I'm not upset, it's just that I'm only half awake Aelita." Jeremy explained. Aelita picked him up and took him over to his desk. She put him down and sat down on the chair in front of his computer.

"Well what do you want me to try first?" Aelita asked.

"I'm not sure, why don't you just get one of my shirts from the closet and try to make it my size." Jeremy said. She nodded and stood up to go and get one of his shirts. She brought it back to the desk and held it up next to her tiny friend. She couldn't believe that the shirt she was holding up belonged to Jeremy who was now only 1 inch tall.

"So what do I do now?" Aelita asked.

"Try and shrink it, however you did it last time." Jeremy replied.

"I didn't mean to though, it just kinda happened." Aelita said.

"So just kinda make it happen again." Jeremy said. Aelita grabbed the shirt and closed her eyes, but nothing happened. She tried to focus more but she couldn't get it to work. She let go of the shirt to look at it and make sure she hadn't shrunk it and not noticed but to her disappointed, the shirt remand the same size. She grabbed it again and continued to try. Jeremy was watching his giant friend and felt kinda bad that she kept failing, but he knew that shrinking things could not have been too easy. Aelita had decided to give up and she put the shirt down. As she was letting go of the shirt a tiny bolt of pink lightning jumped from her finger to the shirt and it got smaller. "Aelita you did it!" Jeremy exclaimed.

"I did, but i still don't know how." Aelita said.

"Well what were you thinking about when the electricity jumped from your hand?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm not entirely sure but i was tired of failing at not shrinking it, and i was feeling a few different things. For example I was giving up, and i was mad because it wasn't working, and I was worried that I may not be able to get you back to normal if I couldn't do it right." 

"So you were worried, sad, discouraged, and angry?" Jeremy asked.

"Pretty much yeah." Aelita said.

"Hm, well which one of those emotions were you feeling the other two times, when you shrank me?" Jeremy asked. "You still remember that dream you were having a the time right?" Jeremy asked.

"Um, yeah." She said, and Jeremy noticed that she looked embarrassed.

"Come on you can tell me, I won't tell anyone." Jeremy said.

"I'd rather not." Aelita said. Then she picked him up and said. "You have your secrets and I have mine right?"

"Well I suppose, but I think I need to know so that I can help you learn." Jeremy said.

Then Aelita closed her hand trapping Jeremy in her fist and said. "I'll tell you eventually Jeremy, I promise." She then opened her hand and put Jeremy back on the desk. Aelita looked at the shirt and noticed that it didn't shrink small enough to fit Jeremy. "I don't think this will fit you Jeremy, I need to make it smaller."

"Can you do it?" Jeremy asked.

"I'll try." Aelita said as she gripped the shirt. She focused all she could and it was not working.

"Aelita I think that you have to have your hand close to it but not touching it." Jeremy said. Aelita nodded and put the shirt down on the desk. the held her hand over it, and continued to focus on it. "Wait, shouldn't your shrinking abilities work like your creativity abilities on lyoko?" Jeremy asked.

"I tried thinking like that but this is a lot harder." Aelita explained. She then resumed trying to shrink the shirt, She blocked out everything else in her mind and only thought about shrinking. Then the same tiny pink lightning bolt jumped from her finger onto the shirt. "Hey I did it."

"Do you know how you did it this time?" Jeremy asked.

"Yeah, but it took a lot of focus and concentration." Aelita said, "I don't understand how I shrank you or the shirt without all the concentration."

"It seems you can shrink things without thinking about it and you can shrink things intentionally with a massive amount of focus." Jeremy suggested.

"I'd like to know how to make things bigger though." Aelita said.

"Let's take this one step at a time Aelita, at least you know how to shrink things." Jeremy said. They spent the rest of the afternoon shrinking 5 shirts for him. "You know Aelita I need pants too." She smiled and got up to get them out of his closet. When she took the pants out of the closet, she noticed something in one of the pockets. Aelita took it out and giggled. She went back to the desk and Jeremy noticed that she was giggling at something she was holding in her hand. 

"How long have you had this Jeremy?" Aelita asked though her giggles.

"Had what?" Jeremy asked.

"This." She said as she showed him the picture of herself that she found in his pants pocket.

"I-I um, have never seen that picture before." Jeremy said nervously.

"I found it in your pocket Jeremy. Would you like it back?" Aelita said while laughing. She left it on the desk next to where Jeremy was sitting, and went back to getting more clothes for Jeremy. She had shrunken 2 pairs of pants for him, but when she went to shrink the third nothing happened, even though the pink lightning had gone through it. Jeremy was going to ask her about it but before he could Aelita had fallen over. Jeremy could see that she had passed out.

"She must have over used her powers." Jeremy thought. He climbed down onto the bed and finally the floor. Jeremy walked over to her face and shouted, "Aelita are you ok? Answer me please Aelita!" He could tell that she was breathing and was very relieved. She lied there motionless for nearly 15 minutes until she finally started to move again.

"J-Jeremy.... what happened?" She asked weakly. 

"I think you may have overused your powers." Jeremy said. Aelita stood up, then bent down and laid her hand on the floor open and told Jeremy to climb on because she did not want to hurt him trying to pick him up. "But you have picked me up fine before, many times." Jeremy said as he climbed onto her hand.

"Yeah but I'm not feeling too good, I don't want to accidentally hurt you." Aelita explained. She sat back down at the desk and let Jeremy climb off of her hand onto the desk. She turned over and looked at Jeremy's bed which still had the pants on it. "Um, Jeremy I don't think I shrank the pants." She said sounding a little surprised. "But they seem to have gotten a bit larger..." Aelita went over to Jeremy's closet and took another pair of pants and compared it to the one on the bed. "Jeremy, I did it, I made the pants larger!" She exclaimed. 

"Wow, that's great, there's only one problem." Jeremy said.

"What's that?" Aelita asked.

"The pants only seem to have grown a little bit..." Jeremy said, "but the energy you had to use to grow them that little bit made you pass out for 15 minutes."

"That is true."Aelita said dissapointed. "But it still means that there is a possibility for you me to bring you back to normal size."

"If you were to try that you could be out for a really long time, or worse...." Jeremy said. "By the way, you should probably head off to dinner, it wouldn't be good for you not eat at all today."

"Alright, I'll bring you something when I get back." Aelita said, still somewhat weakly. "You'd better eat this time."

"Don't worry, I will." Jeremy said. Aelita then walked off, wobbling a little. She bumped into walls a few times, but she managed not to hurt herself. When she got into the cafeteria she saw the others sitting at the table and went over to sit with them after she got some food.