- Text Size +

The giants of Gaea House all agreed to let Sven Lindquist and Jane Powers unofficially adopt Anne Myers.  The little red-headed adolescent giantess was so happy to have a home that will accept and love her unconditionally.  Of course the adoption was unofficial because Anne technically didn’t exist anymore and neither did Sven.  Sven was considered lost according to Swedish police records.  The police presumed him dead while Anne had a death certificate that declared her time of death as the exact time the Titan XL5 shot was administered.  It would take a lot of red tape to put them both back into the system but for now they were both under the protection of the new Goliath Law until the humans could decide what to do with the new race.

Anne helped her adopted human mother as it became increasingly difficult for Jane Powers to get around.  At seven months, her stomach appeared the size of a nine month pregnant woman.  Sven told her that she was having twins because he could easily hear two heartbeats.  The testing still showed that Jane was still human as well as the two babies.  Jane had to be bedridden and this is where having Anne around came in handy.  Not only could Anne help her around the hangar, she also acted as Jane’s protector when Sven wasn’t around.

Jane was reading an article about the Anderson’s and their baby girl, Phoebe.  The Anderson’s have been good friends of Sven’s and now Jane as well.  Emma brought Phoebe around for Jane to see before they became public with the first giant baby.  Phoebe really was the first child of her kind.  She never evolved in the womb or with the mother like the other Titan births.  Phoebe was conceived when both Alex and Emma Anderson had both evolved into their new bodies.  Of course the media took notice when Emma sported her baby bump and now everyone wanted a piece of the phenomenon known as Baby Phoebe.

“I wonder if my babies will grow into giants once they are born?” Jane said while Anne helped her out of bed and into a recliner.

“I don’t know, Mrs. Powers,” Anne responded.

“Now Annie, we’ve been through this.  I’m not Mrs. Powers to you anymore,” Jane corrected the girl gently.  Jane knew that Anne was a fragile soul and probably was before her parents’ death.  Jane knew that being a giantess was Anne’s first taste of living.

“I’m sorry Mom.  It’s just habit I guess,” Anne responded shyly.  The twenty-three foot tall Anne Myer was a shy and rather bookish eleven year old girl.  Jane Powers and Sven Lindquist both handled Anne with a gentle hand.  Be it that Jane was only five foot seven compared to all those who towered around her but Anne still respected the small human that kindly gave her a new home where she felt she belonged.

“You don’t have to call me mom.  You can call me Jane if it makes you feel comfortable,” Jane said as she looked up into those usually sad green eyes.  Jane knew that Anne did her best to please both her and her giant because of the loss of her own parents.  Anne was afraid to do anything that might upset them even though they have showed nothing but love towards her.

“I’m sorry,” Anne said, trying to please the little human that she could so easily crush but Anne’s kind wasn’t wired that way.  She was a kind creature like the rest of the giants.

“You have nothing to be sorry about, Annie.  Tell you what, call me whatever you want,” Jane said as she looked up at the young giantess.

“Okay Mother Jane,” Anne said in her shy tone of voice with a playful smile.  She meant what she said out of love for the human.  Jane patted her hand and gave her a gentle smile in return…

 

Sven spent his days at the clinic.  More and more reports were coming through of people going through their second childhoods.  Gaea House was becoming swamped with these calls.  Dr. Gunderson did the best he could with the help of both Allison Hayes and Sven Lindquist.  Every day, no matter how busy the clinic seemed, Sven couldn’t wait till that part of the day he went home to his human and adopted daughter.  Now more than ever, Sven was concerned for his Jane.  Dr. Gunderson reassured him of the doctor he recommended for the C-section, even though the OB-GYN had to come out of retirement to do it.  The giants’ hands weren’t equipped to take on such a delicate task.

“Dr. Clark informed me that he’s going to have to take the babies early,” Dr. Vin Gunderson tells his colleague.

“Yes, he says the twins are almost getting too big for Jane.  I don’t understand it, we did all the tests and the twins’ test comes up human every single time.  According to the data, Jane should be getting ready to evolve soon. Well over half the world’s population is in that magical age range has or is experiencing the changes.  I hope there is no one immune,” Sven says with deep concern for his human.  Sven worried about Jane not evolving.

“No matter friend, there is always the serum.  If nothing changes Jane, we have the means,” Vin said as he patted Sven on the shoulder.  “I think it would be best if we get the twins into the world first.”

“I agree the serum has never been tested on a pregnant woman before.  It’s too risky that the child will get the serum before the mother.  That would be tragic for both parties involved,” Sven said, still worrying about the operation his wife is going to have tomorrow at the clinic.

“We have the incubators ready.  Jane and the babies are in capable hands.  I promise you that.  She’ll pull through,” Vin said, giving words of encouragement to the much bigger giant…

 

Sven walked home to his hanger.  The bare feet against the melting spring snow made him let out a sigh as he hoped soon that his pair of flip flops would come in.  Sven didn’t like the special socks that were designed to keep the feet clean.  Most of the giants found them to be too restrictive and ugly.  Even though all the giants weren’t shallow creature, they still had their limits.

Sven walked into the makeshift foyer where a small pool sat recessed into the floor.  Sven cleaned his feet before stepping into the main living area of the hangar.  Anne attacked him with a hug as was the daily custom.  Sven felt whole since Anne came into their lives.  As a giant, Sven required that he needed another giant around to feel at peace and that’s what Anne gave him.

“Where’s Jane?” Sven asked even though he could think it to her.  Anne was one of the few Titan children that can read every thought but house rules had to be obeyed for Jane’s benefit.  That meant, absolutely no telepathy. 

“She’s in her chair watching some TV.” Anne simply answered.  Sven gives her a warm smile as he walks on into the hangar to find his Jane.

Jane was watching one of the news channels that she instructed the Goliath computer to turn to.  Sven asked the other giants if he could wire the system to Jane’s voice and that is exactly what they did, although there were some regrets.  The giants weren’t completely ready to share their technology with the humans but Jane Powers had proven herself as a trusted friend.  Jane even understood this mistrust because she has seen the ugly side of humans when she would go to protest rallies. 

Sven came up from behind her but Jane could smell that peppermint odor that came from Sven.  She turned around and looked up to the smiling face of her Viking.

“How is my little one today?” Sven asks.  He gently touches Jane’s protruding belly.  Sven was already deeply connected to his twins.  Jane didn’t know how deeply.  Sven’s bond began the day he heard both their hearts beating like the sound of a soothing drum.  Jane never realized that the sound of her heart and the unborn babies was the giant’s nightly lullaby.

“I feel like I’m ready to burst.  Vin thinks the twins both weigh around five pound a piece.  I’m not sure it’s even safe to take the babies two months early.  My other twins never weighed this much.  Jess weighed about five while Jordan weighed about three.  Jordan had to be incubated till she gained weight.  Jess on the other hand was healthy as a horse.  I hope the babies make it,” Jane said just as worried as her giant.  Sven didn’t want to let Jane know that he was worried too so he just gave her a gentle smile.

“I have faith Janie,” Sven said without the tone of his voice giving away his feelings…

 

The following day, Jane was wheeled into a surgery room.  The anesthesia set in as Sven watched from the one way glass.  Dr. Clark requested that no giants be permitted in his surgery room because he didn’t feel it would be safe for his human staff so Robin McAllister stood in for the father.  Sven nervously watched the good doctor and his nurses’ work on Jane.  A procedure that takes an hour seems like six to Sven.  Mike Powers joined Sven in the giant’s observatory room.

“Janie will pull through,” Mike said as he patted the much bigger man on the back.  “She’s a tough bird.  She’s been through this before.  Jess and Jordan were both premature.”

“I know.  It’s just the size of them that has me concerned.  What if the tests were wrong?”  Sven said, looking over at the giant that was once Jane’s husband.  Mike had an unusual power much like Steven James, Mike happened to be an empath.  Sven felt bad about the fact he had no control over his feelings at the moment.  Mike was picking up every nervous thought and feeling exuding from Sven.  Both giants have been put in the category of passive powers.  Even Mike’s son Robert inherited the empathic power which the giants have proven that these mysterious talents are genetic.

“Sven, you have the power to save her if you have to.  Once the babies are removed you can simply touch Jane and heal her.  I don’t think your talent is all that passive,” Mike said. 

The attention of a baby’s cry got both the giants’ attention as they went up to the window.  Doctor Clark held up the blood covered baby for the giants to see.

“A little girl and a healthy one at that.  I thought so.  Next should be a boy,” Mike said as they watched a nurse take the baby to be cleaned.

“My Elisabeth,” Sven said with a smile as he listened for her heart.  She appeared to be of a healthy size to the giant but the doctor didn’t want to take any chances so he directed the nurse to put her in the incubator.  No sooner than Baby Elisabeth came into the world, Baby Tomas followed.  He appeared to be just as healthy as his sister.  Sven smiled when he saw the tuffs of blond hair coming out of the top of both twins’ heads.   Tomas was then put in his incubator after cleaning.

“Congrats buddy,” Mike said as he patted Sven back.  Sven smiled but then his eyes went back to Jane as Dr. Clark worked on stitching her back up.  Sven kept his ears open for her heartbeat and silently prayed to himself.  Then he observed a nurse burst into the room.  She seemed eager to tell the doctor something important.  It was the results of Jane’s blood test and that of the twins.

“Doctor, the lab found Titan gene in all three samples,” the nurse said and Doctor Clark’s eyes widened.

The speaker cracked in the observatory room as Doctor Clark looked up at the window along with the nurse.  “Did you hear that Mr. Lindquist?  Your household is going to get much bigger,” Dr. Clark’s eyes were smiling up at the giant.

“It’s the natural variation and not XL5, Mr. Lindquist.  They suspect it might have happened during surgery.  Jane’s blood was human before,” the nurse said with equally smiling eyes.

No sooner than Dr. Clark had Jane stitched up, Jane began to wake up.  Sven heard the growl of her stomach and her moaning.  She was quickly removed from the surgery room and to an immense patient room made for growing giants.  She was even put in one of the special adjustable beds.  Sven even heard the echoing cries of the twins.  No doubt starving from their adventure into this world and their newly rapidly growing bodies.  The nurses moved them to the nursery and began to feed them the special formula for the Titan babies instead of the usual baby formula.

Sven watched over Jane while Doctor Clark examined her.  Her body temperature ran high as the stitches began to heal.  Jane woke up much quicker than a normal woman her height and weight would.

“Sven, what’s happening to me?” Jane looked frightened.  “Why am I in this bed?”

“You are healing,” Doctor Clark answered before Sven could.  “I estimate twenty-four hours of healing.  Are you hungry dear?  You can eat now if you want.”

“I can eat?  Shouldn’t I still be knocked out?” Jane question as she looked up at the generic clock.

“Janie, you are evolving.  It happened during the C-section.  Elisabeth and Tomas are too,” Sven said with a smile…

 

Jane was eating and drinking her shake.  Within an hour, the stitches were ready to be removed.  Jane felt uncomfortable all the sudden.  Sven and Dr. Clark watched over Jane as she kept constantly drinking the shakes.  A nurse came into the room.  “Dr. Clark!  We had to remove the babies from the incubator.  They can’t seem to get enough to eat.  Nurse Sherry checked the weight and length.  Both babies seem to be growing rapidly.  They both weigh five pounds more than they did an hour ago!” The nurse said.

“Sven, my grown seems a little tight,” Jane said in between her gulps.  With that said, Dr. Clark had Jane stand up so that he could examine her.  The needle on the scale kept moving.  It kept going up and it wasn’t stopping.  The height gage did the same.  It moved slowly while Dr. Clark jaw dropped.  He observed that Jane’s body slowly stretched up a sixteenth of an inch at a time.

“What’s wrong?” Jane asked, completely unaware of her body.

“You’re growing differently.  Jane, you went from five foot seven to five foot nine with an hour.  Actually, I can’t give you an exact height or weight even,” Dr. Clark said to the rapidly changing woman.

Jane looked down at her feet.  Something strange was definitely going on.  She stood there for a moment and felt her bones slowly shifting.  The sensation didn’t stop.  She looked up at Sven, completely scared.  “This phenomenon is happening to the babies too.  The nurses moved them to the special bassinets and hooked up IV’s.  The babies are growing quicker than the nurses can feed them.  We are going to bring them into your room.

The large oversized bassinets were wheeled in.  To Jane, the babies appeared the right size.  The doctor couldn’t estimate how long this would go on so Sven and Jane stayed at the clinic while Jane and the babies were being monitored as their bodies kept slowly growing.  Jane kept drinking while Sven feed the babies now and then.  Sven even watched as Jane’s limb’s slowly lengthened and the body mass of the twins changed.  When Jane realized that she was nearly a foot taller than her original height, Sven smiled broadly.  Anne will be surprised when they are allowed to go home, Sven thought to himself.