- Text Size +

Jane Powers went back to her lonely home.  The kids weren’t allowed to come back and Mike was at Gaea House to stay.  Jane spent the day with her children.  She watched as the hemline on the twins’ dresses rose as the day progressed.  Dresses with hems that started at halfway to the calf, crept closer and closer to their knees.  Jane still stood taller than her girls but they were catching up.  Jane remembered the ‘special form’ describing how a good majority of growth happens while sleeping so it was no surprise that two days later, the girls would be as big as her.  Jane didn’t care anymore.  Sven’s touch did more than heal her wound; it also healed her mind.

Sven Lindquist, Jane couldn’t get that giant out of her mind no matter how much she tried.  Her first moment of consciousness was of a giant boy giving her sad and compassionate eyes.  Jane couldn’t get that image out of her head.  “Foolish woman,” were the first words she heard out of his mouth.  She wanted so much to hate this giant but something deep inside Jane couldn’t.  She even called him the one slanderous name the giants hated the most but Sven remained calm and professional.  The boy carried himself like the adult he actually is.  Then Jane felt the gentle and warm touch, a bright light bathed her and she felt strange, like all the pain was instantaneously disappearing.  This giant was taking her pain away.  She closed her eyes and had a vision of a very tall and very broad blond man giving her kind eyes.  The details of the closed eyed vision were unlike anything Jane has ever experienced before.  The man in the vision was touching her cheek just as the giant was but the man had a very masculine and handsome look to him, like that of a Norse God.  Jane wanted to ask the man his name but couldn’t.  The man just gave her a caring smile and disappeared the moment she opened her eyes.

She crawled into her bed and fell quickly to sleep.  Jane had a dream, a dream of her Norse God.  There was something familiar about him that Jane couldn’t quite place with long golden hair and a stubbly chin with intense blue eyes.  Despite the intense eyes, he appeared kind and not at all intimidating to Jane.  Not like he would appear if he had been real. 

“Are you a giant?” Jane asks, looking up into those intense eyes of the impossibly tall man.

“I am not here,” replied the handsome man.  “I am as I once was.”  The man gives Jane a kindly smile.  “In a human sense, I guess I would be considered a giant,” the man then says as he touches Jane’s cheek, the same cheek that had been healed.

“Who are you?” Jane then asks.

“A friend, you’ll find out someday.  Right now, I want to enjoy my little lady,” the man said as he leaned in.  Jane didn’t try to stop him, in fact, she just let him go.  Their lips met and Jane woke up in a sweat to the darkness outside her window.

Despite her lack of sleep, Jane went back to Gaea House the following day to see her kids.  They had on the same clothes as the day before.  Jane noticed that the twins’ dresses now went to their knee caps and that Robby seemed about as big as the man in her dream the night before.

“You kids are going to have to change clothes,” Robin McAllister said as she handed the girls two new dresses. 

“But I like my dress,” Jordan protested.

“Your growing body needs bigger clothes, little one.  That dress is starting to get a little small on you,” said the kind elderly woman.   Jordan rolled her eyes and took the pink dress she was being offered.  Jane laughed at the fact her daughters still had their little teenage attitudes despite being five.

The girls went into the bathroom to change while Robby went back to his room to do the same.  “They’re good kids, Mrs. Powers.  You should be proud,” Robin said with a smile.

“Thank you, Mrs. McAllister.  Why do they need to change?  Those clothes looked new,” Jane said.

“The fabric is made to expand with their daily growth.  Your kids are constantly changing and growing, even when they are awake.  Most of the time they are unaware if they shoot up an inch here or there but we have had Titan children shoot up more than that.  We don’t want them to have an embarrassing moment during a growth spurt, so we have them change their clothes once in a while throughout the day.  The clothes they are changing out of now, couldn’t handle a six inch growth spurt if that were to happen,” Robin explained.  “Robby will probably be shooting up faster than the girls because of his age.  The one Titan boy we had during his puberty shot up in a matter of less than three short weeks.  Robby is right around that age so we need to be cautious.”

Jane thought about the day she held Robby and how he expanded in her embrace ever so slightly.  Robby seemed unaware of it, a shiver ran down her spine.  “It’ll be alright, Mrs. Powers.  They don’t seem to have much pain from it.  When the big people are around other big people, they don’t seem to notice much about their size.  Your kids have barely noticed their own growth except if they are around another human.  Your children still see themselves as small,” Robin said as she straightened the girls’ room.

The girls’ came out wearing identical pink dresses.  “That’s much better,” Robin says with a smile.   She had both girls sit down and started brushing Jordan’s curly blond hair.  This was a typical morning for the giant children’s caregiver.  Jane took the other brush and started brushing her other daughter’s hair.  Jessica and Jordan were catching up to being as big as adults and Jane found it odd as she brushed away.  As Jane brushed, she heard the faint crack of bones and felt Jessica’s spine rise beneath her.  It wasn’t just an inch but felt like more.  Even Jessica’s head felt bigger.  Both girls giggled.  Robin stopped brushing and leaned down to Jordan and said, “Now aren’t you glad I had you change when I did.  That one would have caused your seams to burst.”  Jane suspected that both her girls could look her in the eye now despite the fact that Jane wore her favorite heeled boots.

Jane realized that her daughter’s hair had even grown.  Jane thought it looked to be a good five inches longer.  Robin and Jane put their hair up in pigtails.  “All finished,” Robin announced and Jane’s stomach fluttered.  The moment of truth was to come as Jane watched her five year old twins get up out of their chairs.  Jessica’s rounded cherub face looked straight at her without so much as looking up.

“Mom,” Jessica said with sad eyes.  “You look small to me.”

Jane forgot that her boots had a two inch heel when she looked down at her feet.  Chubby bare children’s feet were in front of Jane's feet.  Jessica’s feet looked much bigger than her size eight shoe.  Jane came to realization that both her girls are now bigger than her five foot seven height.  Jane didn’t panic, she remained calm and took Jessica into her arms and gave her a hug.

 

“Both you girls are now five foot ten inches tall.  That was quite a growth spurt,” Sven Lindquist said as he measured the twins.  Usually Allison Hayes or Dr. Gunderson took care of the Titan cases but they were out making house calls.  Sven gave the twins a smile.  “Now off with you two so that I can talk to your mother,” Sven said to the girls and they obeyed.  Robby measured at seven feet after his morning spurt.  Jane felt overwhelmed by this and Sven could sense it.

The blond teenage looking giant sat down on the floor in front of Jane.  He gently took her tiny hand into his extremely large hand.  Sven stood about twenty-five feet tall and was preparing himself for what is now being called as the super spurt that very few giants get to experience.  Sven was supposed to be bedridden but Robin needed a doctor and Sven was the only one qualified.

“How do you feel about this, Jane?” the giant looked down at her and asked.

“Strangely calm,” Jane responded.  Sven’s large hand felt warm and safe.  Jane allowed Sven to call her by her name and Sven allowed the same.  Sven worried about the human woman after she attempted to kill herself.

“Good, your children need you now more than ever.  They’ll still need you after they are through with their Titan growth and beyond.  You can still be a good mother to them despite the size difference.  They will still abide,” Sven said, giving her familiar kind eyes.

“I’ll do my best, but it’s just that…”

“That doesn’t matter to them and it shouldn’t matter to you either.  We giants still listen even though we really don’t have to.  We love and respect all those around us, big or small.  Your children still love you and always will.  The human and giant difference doesn’t matter to them.  They have even come to an understanding about your divorce,” Sven said.

“How do you know all this?” Jane asks the giant and Sven pointed to his head.

“Telepathy is an interesting gift that all giants inherit.  Your children aren’t developed enough for it yet but they have feelings of empathy,” Sven said.

“Giants are telepathic.  Sometimes I forget.  What am I thinking of now,” Jane said as her thoughts strayed to her dream and the very tall man with the handsome looks.

“You’re thinking of me,” Sven said, sounding stunned.

“No I’m not, I’m thinking of the man in my dreams,” Jane said.

“No Jane, that’s me before I started evolving.  I was a very big man and I look exactly like that man you’re thinking about.  You are thinking about me, you just don’t realize it,” Sven said with a smile.

“That’s you!  Why am I dreaming of you then?” Jane asked the teenage looking giant.

“Probably the same reason I dream of you,” Sven said shyly and blushed.  “We’re connected somehow.”

“Strange,” was all Jane could manage to say?  She couldn’t deny that the giant sitting in front of her was attractive in a boyish way.  Jane couldn’t deny that she felt attracted to the giant.  The giant had been nothing but kind and caring to her even though he was bigger than her two story farmhouse.

“You’re my only Jane Powers.  I can’t explain it but you are the woman I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with,” Sven said.

Am I supposed to marry a giant?  Sven is nice but I’m not so sure about this.  Jane’s thoughts tickled Sven and he caught himself stifling a laugh.  “I thought Mike was the only man I was supposed to be with?”  Jane finally managed to say.

“Human,” Sven simply said.  “The rules have changed and so have the evolved.  Giants don’t have the same minds they had when they were human.  Our brains have improved and we see things with total clarity that we never had as a human.  Bad habits and certain choices don’t seem to matter anymore because we are not completely the same people we once were.  Have you noticed a change in your ex-husband’s attitude or even the children’s” Sven asked the small woman.

“Well, now that you say it, my kids seem more agreeable and considerate.  They seem to listen.  Mike would’ve fought the divorce tooth and nail but he didn’t.  He agreed to it without a fight.  He never told me why either,” Jane said and Sven smiled.

“That’s because he knows that you not his true only.  Mike still loves you, there is no doubt about that but he has realized that you are not his true one anymore.  All giants have only one mate and that is the person they are totally attached to.  Some giants like the Smiths, the Andersons and the James’ that were married before the changes stayed together because their love ran so deep that there was no way of changing that.  I understand that you and Mike were seeing a marriage consoler before the evolution began?”  Sven asked.

“Yes we were.  I loved him, but things just weren’t the same anymore,” Jane said.  “Mike sees now that we were never meant to be.”  Jane was sad because she wanted it to work not only for herself but for the kids as well.

“I’m sorry Jane,” Sven said with compassion oozing from his every fiber.

“We all can’t have a happily ever after.  It’s not your fault, Sven,” Jane looked up at the giant with tears in her eyes.  Sven engulfed Jane into a gentle embrace as the little human woman cried.

Jane visited her children everyday she could.  Her babies were getting bigger and bigger with each visit until one day Robby stood at his full height of twenty one feet and three inches while the twins stood sixteen feet and eight inches.  Jane never thought her children would grow this big.

“You are fully grown for the time being,” Allison declared.  “Anymore growing you do will be on mother nature now,” the giantess tells the three kids.

“We’re big,” the twins said in unison.  “Bigger than an elephant?”

“Pretty much,” Allison responded with a smile.  Jane accepted this now.  A few months ago she would try to kill herself but now she could see how happy her ‘little ones’ are now. 

Jessica picked up Jane in a gentle hug and Jane laughed.

“I do want to study the twins a little farther,” Allison said.  “Human twins have some uncanny abilities that I’m quite sure Jessica and Jordan possess in a magnified way.  This study will come in useful,” Allison said to Jane.

“Are you going to do the usual psychic test on them?” Jane asked and Allison nodded.  Jane agreed to let the giantess do her testing on the twins.

 

Jane stood in a crowd of people.  Some were there to protest the latest law on sterilization that congress was trying to pass.  All were touched by giants in one way or another.  Jane wore four pins with pictures of giants she cared about on her thick winter coat.  Sven refused her request for his picture even though Jane wanted him on her coat next to her ex and children.  She held up a sign that said in bright red letters:  GIANTS ARE PEOPLE TOO.  She marched until her feet were sore. 

Some of the people were neo-hippies while others were there for the same reasons as Jane.  They wanted a better future for their loved ones who would probably outlive them.  Jane was one of the few humans in that small age group that was evolving into the new race.  Jane knew that there weren’t very many humans like her left.