- Text Size +

Jane asked to see her kids and Sven allowed it.  Jane promised herself to stay calm no matter what her children may look like.  Sven warned her that her son is now much taller than her and the twins are catching up.  Jane just shook her head and told him that she was ready.  Sven didn’t just believe her words, something inside him felt connected to the small human woman.

“If you need me, just push the call button and I’ll be right there,” Sven tells Jane.  Something about Jane attracted Sven.  He wanted to touch her and hold her.

 Jane kept her marriage problems secret.  She didn’t feel the love that they once had, even before the world started evolving.  Jane tried her best to play the role of happy housewife but it was getting harder by the day.  Mike never did anything bad to her, he never cheated or beaten her, in fact, Mike was the perfect husband in every way.  He was there whenever she needed him and he never complained if Jane accidently burnt the evening dinner and he was always understanding of every situation.  Most of all, he was there whenever her depression took hold.  Something Jane had suffered from since childhood after her drunken father beat her down numerous times.  Mike was always there, being the voice that talked her off the ledge, so to speak.  Jane herself could never figure out why she didn’t love her husband anymore.

Mike had been changing too and not just in his height and appearance.  He still loved his wife, but not like he did before the evolution.  Mike knew Jane had fallen out of love with him years ago but now he could see things more clearly and he knew Jane wasn’t the one anymore.  It came as no surprise that Jane filed for divorce after his evolution began.  It was a new law passed that the unevolved partner could request a divorce if that is what they want.  Jane didn’t want to forbid Mike from his kids though, that is why she filled out the ‘special forms’ for her children.  She knew it was up to them if they wanted to become giants, no matter how much Jane was frightened by the fact that her kids will be able to pick her up like a doll one of these days. 

Then Jane met Dr. Sven Lindquist.  Something about the giant boy-man intrigued Jane.  Even when she was cussing him out in her drugged out daze.  Jane knew Sven was different from the other giants and it wasn’t his very European looks that caught her eye or that slight accent that slipped through now and then.  Jane couldn’t figure it out.  She had no idea that giants only had one mate and that it wasn’t always going to be the one you had before evolution.

The twins entered Jane’s room and attacked her with hugs.  They both felt like hugging Robby and not her twin girls.  Jane kept a straight face even though she felt her emotions breaking again.

“Mom, we miss you,” both the girls said in unison.  They didn’t understand why Jane tried to kill herself; honestly they thought she was sick.  “Are you better?” Jordan asked.  The girls were unaware of their mother’s size relative to theirs; they were only concerned for her.

“Never better girls,” Jane managed to say.

“We aren’t going back home,” Jessica says.  “Mr. James says that we are too big to go back home but I don’t feel big.”

“Mr. James knows what he’s talking about,” Jane said as she looked at her oversized five year old twins.  Both were wearing matching sundresses made from an unusual material dyed a light purple to look girlish.  The hemline went halfway to their calves and the dress itself was baggy.  Jane suspected they were made for the girls to grow into.

“They make us wear these ugly clothes.  Mrs. McAllister says that our old clothes don’t fit anymore.  I don’t really feel big either even though I’m the same size as Jess now,” Jordan said, looking down at the plain dress.

“She knows what she talking about, Jordan.  You girls have gotten big.  If you haven’t, they wouldn’t be dressing you like the other giants,” Jane said with a small smile.

“You’re right, Mom.  Mrs. McAllister says that we don’t need to wear shoes anymore either.  I like that,” Jessica says with a big smile.

Jane still loved her girls even though she knew she had to get past all the growing that was going on with them.  They were shooting up like weeds already.  Jane knew she had to accept them and that there was no turning back.

Robby walked into the room.  Jane was a little shocked to see that her ten year old son was the same size as his six foot human father now.   Robby wore something that resembled hospital scrubs.  They were black and with his dark brown hair and pale skin it made Robby look like a gothic kid.  His hair had been kept trimmed short just as Jane used to cut it.  Overall, Robby still looked like her son.

Robby didn’t want to touch Jane.  Robby knew that Jane tried to kill herself and he had inkling about what.  Robby didn’t want to make his Mom feel any smaller.  He gives her a shy smile and keeps his distance from her bed.  Robby brown eyes couldn’t give away the fact that he was sad and had been crying for his mother.

“Girls, I want to talk to Robby alone,” Jane said to her twins.  They nodded and obeyed.  Jane couldn’t believe how agreeable they have become after getting injected; it was like they didn’t want to upset her in any way.  Before, they would have bucked Jane but now they were calm and agreeable, a mother couldn’t complain.

“You can give your good old mother a hug,” Jane said to her oversized ten-year old.  “I need to learn to accept this.  I still love you Robby.”

“Mom,” Robby said and gently hugged his small and delicate mother.  He couldn’t get over how small she felt to him and Jane couldn’t get over his size as well but she was amazed by his delicateness.  “You knew this was going to happen, why?”

Jane petted her son’s dark hair as he held her like a teddy bear.  “I don’t know sweetheart?”  She answered.

“You knew we were going to get big.  Is that why you divorced Dad too?  Do you really still love us?” Robby sobbed out.

“Your Dad and I had problems before all this.  It was none of your fault; I’m going to let you know this now.  He agreed to it too.  We just weren’t happy with each other anymore.  That happens once in a while with adults.  Of course I still love him.  We just couldn’t agree with each other anymore.  I still love you and your sisters the same, that’s never going to change,” Jane said, trying to soothe her son.  Just as she held him, she felt Robby grow in her embrace just slightly.  She wanted to cry as much as her son was crying at the moment… 

 

“Uncle Calvin, you’re not going to believe what we saw today,” Chad said, looking up at the nine and a half foot man.  Calvin Harper didn’t look like the brittle old man that he once was.  He stood tall and looked half his age, but Calvin Harper was still the same bitter and hateful man.  “That douchebag Matthews is like over twenty-five feet tall.”

Calvin Harper growled and threw an antique chair across the room.  Derek and Chad both cowered.  Their Uncle Calvin has become unpredictable after getting injected with the serum, a serum that happened to be missing an element that wasn’t causing Calvin Harper to fully evolve.

“I need that asshole Cowell,” Calvin growled to his nephew.  “He’s the only one who can fix this,” Calvin said as he motioned down at his body.  “I should be well past this height by now.”

“Uncle Calvin, you killed Cowell,” Derek said, trying to put on a blank face.  Derek learned one thing about his uncle it was to never show fear.  Big Calvin Harper really hated weakness and Derek learned his lesson the hard way.

“He was still breathing when you hauled his scrawny ass out of here,” Calvin barked.  “Mother nature was going to do the rest.”

“What about the Swede?” Derek asked.

“What about him?  He knows nothing of the serum, he was just hired muscle that I don’t need anymore.  He’s probably overseas by now anyway.  I don’t see Gaea House keeping his sorry ass around,” Calvin said smugly.  Calvin Harper loved surrounding himself by humans despite his small stature for a giant.  He was still bigger than most, even if he hasn’t grown but a few feet taller…

 

Dan Hester sits at his kitchen table eating his salad that he has grown quite used to eating.  Since all the people around him are vegan, Dan thought it only right to start eating that way.  So far he has lost twenty pounds and has actually felt healthier but the man still missed a good lean cut steak.  He put that thought in the back of his mind as he looks up at the large table close to his.  Brad, Leah and Josh sat around that table, eating and talking about their day.  Dan felt left out.

Dan than realizes that he has three sets of large compassionate eyes looking down at him, even his four year old, sixteen foot son felt sad for him.

“Are you alright, Dan?” Leah asks her human husband.

“Yeah, you know Mike and Jane’s divorce is final today,” Dan said.

“Oh Dan, that’s terrible,” Leah said.

“I don’t want that to happen to us, Leah.  We need to find a way to make our situation work,” Dan said.  He didn’t like having this talk in front of his brother and son but Dan wanted the giants to understand just how left out he felt.

“We do,” Leah said.

“First thing is first, I don’t want to feel left out at the supper table anymore.  Either I’m up on that table enjoying a meal with my family or I start eating out,” Dan said, looking up at all three giant.

“Fair enough,” Leah says with a smile.

Dan got up out of his chair while Brad and Josh picked them up and sat Dan’s dining set in the middle of the giant table.  Dan took off his shoes and Leah picked him up and put him on the table.

“No more sitting on my own couch on movie night either.  We are a family and we’re going to start acting like one,” Dan said.  Leah, Brad and Josh smiled.  Dan loved his giants more than anything.  To Dan, they were the perfect family.  Dan sat back down and his three giants followed suit.  Josh had to climb back up onto his chair.  “This is much better,” Dan says with a smile.

Later that night after Dan and Leah put Josh to sleep.  Dan lies on top of his twenty-eight foot plus wife staring up at the ceiling as her delicate porcelain hand strokes his small body.  Dan loved these quiet moments with his wife.

“Dan,” Leah says quietly and Dan rolls over on his stomach feeling the soft flesh beneath him.  Both Dan and Leah lay naked on Leah’s gigantic bed.  Leah blushed at the feel of Dan’s man parts on her upper rib cage.  Dan smiles at the enormous blushing face looking down at him.  Leah and Dan had learned different ways to keep the spice in their marriage. 

“What darling?” Dan says as he runs his hand over the large mound of flesh.  Dan loved lying on his wife and in between her enormous bounty.  Dan had always been a boob man.

“This is nice,” Leah said as she resumed stroking Dan naked body.  “But I still feel uncomfortable sharing my bed with you when I sleep.  I know you want to be included but I just can’t let you.  I’m afraid...”

“I understand sweetheart.  I just think we should share as much as we can,” Dan said and started kissing her breast. 

“It’s just that I couldn’t imagine my life without you.  I miss you every time you have to go to the office.  I miss you every time you have to travel for the Gaea Foundation.  I love you Dan and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you,” Leah said as she stroked his hair with her index finger.

All the sudden Dan started to feel sick with fever.  Leah looked down at her pale husband.

“Call Gaea House darling, they’re going to have a new patient,” Dan said with a sickly smile.  Leah nodded with a big smile on her face…