- Text Size +

Cody Matthews stared at himself in the full length mirror, actually a mirror much longer than full length.  He lifted up his scrub top and admired his newly chiseled stomach.  Cody couldn’t believe that this was the same mousy boy from a week ago.  His shaggy hair even grew and his eyes and skin seemed much clearer.  “No wonder the girls at school were staring at me all week.  Does this happen to everybody when they evolve?” Cody asks the thirty foot giant in the room with him.

Dr. Vincent Gunderson laughs at the boy.  “Yes Cody, it does.  Your body has lost its capabilities to store much fat, everything you consume turns to muscle since our much larger bodies require more.”

“You mean the more I eat, the more I can bulk up?” Cody said, admiring his toned arms.

“Afraid it doesn’t work that way, beside who really wants to be any bigger than they already are,” Vin said to the boy and Cody turned around and smiled at the much larger giant.

“You got a point there, doc,” Cody said as he turned back to the mirror.

“You have a visitor if you’re up for it,” Vin said as he opened the enormous door.  In popped a blond giantess the same age as Cody.  Cody smiles at the reflection looking back at him.

“Lindsey,” Cody said.

“Cody,” Lindsey said as she scooped him up and kissed his head.  “Are you alright?  I heard that Harper boy tried to bully you today.”

“Yeah, but it wasn’t much of a fight, in fact it wasn’t a fight at all,” Cody said as he noticed Dr. Gunderson left.

“I’m glad that they didn’t hurt you,” Lindsey said. 

“I don’t think they’re going to mess with me anymore, Linds,” Cody said and Lindsey gave him a closer look.  To Lindsey and the other giants, they couldn’t notice growth on the human sized person.

“You’ve grown!  I knew you felt a little heavier than normal,” Lindsey joked.  “I’ve had my checkup today and guess what.”

“What Linds?”

“I grew one natural inch of growth.  I’m probably going to be taller than my mom,” Lindsey said.

“Not fair, I’m never going to catch up with you, Linds,” Cody joked and Lindsey laughed.  Cody loved making his giantess laugh…

 

Brad Hester took his secret trail to Gaea House.  He wanted to see his giantess, Allison Hayes.  He had to be careful because of the swimming hole in the woods and with school out for the summer; the kids would surely be making use of it.  Brad didn’t like the looks he would get from the humans and the thoughts they broadcasted.  All were fearful of the enormous Brad.  The locals weren’t aware that the handsome giant was actually that retarded Hester boy, if only they knew the truth.

“Help!  Help!”  Brad heard the small voice yell.  It sounded like someone drowning.  Today Brad had no choice but to make himself seen at the swimming hole.  He quickly walked in that direction which was only a few long strides away for a giant the size of Brad.  Brad couldn’t just move on and ignore the pained cries coming from the swimming hole.

“My baby!” screamed the frantic mother on the other side of the water.  A young boy struggled to keep his head above the water as a current carried him away.  The father swan fruitlessly to rescue his boy but the current just kept dragging him back.  Brad knew the water in the small manmade lake was only twenty feet deep and the current shouldn’t affect him too much.  He pulled off his t-shirt and carefully went into the water so as not to agitate it with his size too much.  The frantic woman and the man were unaware of him till he was close to the struggling child.  The woman froze in fear and the man stopped swimming and stared wide eyed at the giant standing in the lake.  The water only went slightly above Brad’s waist so all they could see was the giant’s chiseled upper body and his angelic face.

“Oh dear God!  It’s one of them,” the woman screeched and her two babies huddled against her.  Brad recognized them as the Powers family.  They went to the same church as Dan and Leah and invited them over for Sunday brunches afterwards.  They were good friends of the Hesters.

Mike Powers watched as the giant scooped his ten year old boy out of the water just as the boy lost his fight with the current.  Mike was unaware of the current and the water took him under as well.  Then he felt himself getting lifted out of the water and moving rather quickly.

Brad acted fast as he brought both the humans to the beach area.  Jane Powers hid from the giant with her twin girls, but she kept her eye on the giant that was bigger than any she had seen before.  Brad gently laid both the small humans on the sand.  He stayed on his hands and knees.   Mike Powers coughed out the excessive water but the boy wasn’t breathing.  The woman was nowhere to be found and the man was of no use at the moment, it was up to Brad to save the boy’s life.

Brad carefully laid the boy on his back and began CPR with his index finger.  Brad had to be very careful so as not to cause any more harm.  After a few small squeezes, the boy came to and started coughing.  Brad then gently flipped him on his side so that the water may drain out of his lungs.

Mike Powers watched in awe as the gentle giant saved his son’s life.  The giant seemed familiar to him, like he knew him from somewhere.

“Dad…” Robby Powers chocked out.

“I-I’m here, sport,” Mike said to his son as he crawled over to his boy.  Mike Powers looked up at the sad blue eyes watching them.  Jane stood behind a tree with the girls.  “You saved my son’s life,” Mike then managed to say to the giant looking down at them.  The giant smiled.

“Glad I could be of help,” Brad whispered shyly.  He looks to the tree where the woman and her twin girls were hiding.  Brad looked hurt.  Jane Powers had always treated the disabled Bradley Hester with kindness and cookies, but giant Brad was a different story.  Mike noticed this.

“Janie, come on out.  I don’t think he means us any harm.  He saved Robby’s life,” Mike said to his wife.  Jane Powers slowly came out from behind the tree holding the hands of the two girls.  Jessica and Jordan Powers huddled behind their mother; they didn’t want the giant to see them.  Jane looked up at the giant’s face.  The giant reminded her of an angel in a renaissance painting.  The giant had sad and soulful blue eyes, eyes that looked familiar to Jane Powers.

“W-W-What’s your name giant?  I want to know who my hero is,” Jane said.

“Bradley Hester,” the giant said and Jane’s jaw dropped.

“Bradley Hester, as in Dan’s disabled brother,” Mike managed to say.

“Yes,” Brad said shyly and turned his gaze away from the humans.  “I no longer have Downs since I’ve evolved.”

“You’re big,” Jane managed to blurt out and Brad gave her a sad glance.  Jane felt bad all the sudden.  “I-I-I’m sorry, Brad.”

“Don’t be, this is who I am now.  I was on my way to see my girlfriend when I heard your cries,” Brad said.

“You have a girlfriend?” Jane said.  “Is she…”

“A giantess,” Brad said and nodded.

“Bradley Hester,” Jane said with a smile.  “Good for you!”  Brad blushed.

“Mom, Dad,” Robby said.

“Oh Jesus!  Robby, I forgot,” Jane said as she went to her boy.  “We should take him to the ER to see if he’s going to be alright.”

“Good idea,” Mike agreed.  Mike tried to pick his boy up.  Brad gladly helped take Robby to the van and Mike loaded him in. 

“Promise you won’t tell anyone about me,” Brad said.  Jane grabbed his index finger as he moved his hand gently away.  She squeezed his finger the way you would squeeze someone’s hand to assure them.  She smiled up at Brad.

“We promise,” Jane and Mike said in unison.  “You are a friend.  We would never take our words back on a friend,” Jane then said.  “Although I would like to see you again so we can really find out if you giants are as smart as they say.”

Brad smiled….

 

Allison ran to her giant and Brad picked her up and kissed her deeply. 

“You’re wet,” she tells Brad as she comes up for air.  Brad smiled at his little monkey girl that had her legs wrapped around his waist.  Allison loved that shining smile.

“I took a swim in the lake,” Brad responded.  Allison laughed.

“That lake is too shallow for you.”

“Not for the drowning boy and the human man I saved.”

“You made yourself known?  That’s not like my shy giant, but to save lives is.  Did they run scared?”  Allison asked.

“No, they were kind to me.  They were some old friends of Dan and Leah.”

“Old friends, did they know who you were?” Allison asked looking into that warm blue gaze.  Brad just held her.  Brad could hold his giantess for hours.

“Not until I told them.”

“You told them?  That is nothing like my shy giant,” Allison said as their foreheads meet.

“I am not afraid anymore.  They promised not to tell and I believe them,” Brad said.  Allison caressed Brad’s cheeks and went in for another kiss.  The sparks between them told Allison that Brad was her lifelong partner.  Allison loved her giant.

Brad took Allison into her hangar home and sat her down on the couch.

“Goliath, the news please,” Allison said and the large movie theater screen sized flat screen flipped on.  They were at Spartan Falls Hospital and a reporter approached a shocked Mike Powers.

“We are standing here at Spartan Falls ER with Mike Powers, a man who claims that a giant saved him and his son from drowning at Spartan Lake,” the reporter said.

“I thought they weren’t going to tell,” Ally said, looking up into Brad eyes.

“Yes ma’am, I will not reveal the identity of the giant but I feel that the Spartan Falls community needs to know that the giants mean us no harm,” Mike Powers tells the reporter.

“You’ve heard the rumors that Harper Industries is trying to shut down the local Gaea House?” the reporter asks.

“Yes ma’am and I think it’s a huge mistake.  No pun intended for our giant friends out there,” Mike Powers said with a charming smile. 

“If it wasn’t for that giant today, I would be a grieving widow and mourning mother.  I think it’s wrong to put a bunch of laws and rules on the giants.  They don’t want to hurt us,” Jane Powers came on camera saying.

“Mr. and Mrs. Powers, are you afraid of evolving yourself?” the reporter who was a woman in her fifties asks.

“No, as long as there are places like Gaea House to help us, we are not afraid,” Jane answers.  The reporter turns to the camera.

“You heard that correctly folks, not only did a giant save a boy and his father’s life, but also performed CPR on the child.  Maybe these giants aren’t so bad…” 

“Looks like you made us all some friends,” Ally said as she snuggled into Brad.  “Harper Industries have been getting aggressive with trying to shut us down.  This is positive for us.”

“Alex won’t let that happen,” Brad said as he ran his hand through Allison’s dark thick curls.

“I hope not,” Allison replied….

“That’s horseshit Dan,” Alex Anderson says to the small man standing on his desk.  “That asshole is trying to market Titan XL5 as an osteoporosis drug.  He has no clue yet what happens when you evolve.  He’s one of us whether he knows it or not.  Human laws won’t apply to him either once the world finds out.”

“You’ve said it yourself, Alex.  The human race has an expiration date.  Geologists are finding shifts in the earth’s crust, but the giants have determined that the planet is beginning a slow expansion.  Maybe if we go public with this...” Dan said looking up at the giant sitting behind his desk.

“They already hate us, Dan.  I know we have friends among the humans but not enough.  We have lost so many of our brothers and sisters due to human prejudice.  Your kind will not like us telling the truth,” Alex said and Dan looked hurt.  He was one of the few humans allowed into the giants’ inner sanctum.  Dan knew it was because of his family, but he liked to think that his friendship with the giants has a lot to do with it.

“I’m so sorry Dan…  I didn’t mean it that way,” Alex said.

“It’s all right, Alex.  We don’t even know for sure if Harper’s version is made completely right.  Roderick Cowell is the only one who can answer that and unfortunately he can’t talk right now,” Dan said.

“The serum is the only option to keep him alive.  Calvin broke him pretty bad.  Robin is getting ready to inject him.  Adam said that Sven Lindquist has a theory regarding the serum and growth and I’m beginning to think that the Swede is on to something,” Alex said and stared off for a moment.  Lindquist is starting his evolution.  Adam and I have taken him to the clinic.  I think he has finally made his peace.  Molly’s voice played through Alex’s thoughts.

“What is it?” Dan asks, knowing that look the giants get when they communicate.

“Lindquist is evolving,” Alex answered.  Dan felt disappointment.  Dan was ready to move on to the next phase of his life but everybody around him seems to be the ones changing, even unworthy ones like Sven Lindquist, criminal…

 

“Ready Robin?” Ally asks the woman with the syringe.

“Ready, are you sure this is right?” Robin asks looking up at the petite giantess.

“It’s our only option.  There is too much internal damage and we need this man’s mind,” Ally answered.  “His breathing is becoming shallow.”  Being a giant meant there was no reliability on monitors and machines to detect human heartbeats and breathing.  Ally felt Roderick’s life slipping away.

Robin injected the fluid into the bandaged man’s arm and Ally all the sudden felt his breath become stronger and his heart beating stronger.  Roderick Cowell is going to be all right…

 

“What do we do now?” Melinda asks Steve.  “We have two men undeserving of this giant life.  Are we going to imprison them for their wrong doings?”

Melinda James has grown into a twenty-seven foot, six inch giantess.  Her tattoos and freckles all disappeared; her body is now long and slender other than the baby bump.  Her hair is now the same blood red color as Steve’s and Tommy’s.  Melinda felt right to Steve who had loved his wife even before she became a giantess.

“They’ll change in more than just size, darling,” Steve said put his arm around her.  Melinda watched Tommy play with his cars.  One of his ‘cars’ were Steve and Melinda’s old minivan.  Melinda couldn’t believe they were ever that small.  She then looked at the old pictures they had blown up on the wall.  It’s hard to believe that those were the same people as the giants.  Tommy was the only one that looked the same.  “Look at us.  We are not the same people we used to be,” Steve then said.

Melinda cuddled into her strong husband.  “We are still the same people,” Melinda whispered.  “It’s just the packaging has gotten prettier.”  Steve embraced his beautiful wife….