- Text Size +

He stepped out from behind the building slowly expecting that a crowd had shown up as his gargantuan size was noticed.  He was a bit disappointed to see that no one had freaked out that he could see.  Of course, he couldn’t really see anyone on the quad.  Maybe they had all hidden after his first pass across it.

He looked down upon the campus and realized he didn’t have to rush to get to the sororities.  He could enjoy a leisurely walk.  So he began walking.

At first he tested his strength.  He walked up and pulled an old oak tree from the ground.  It was amazingly simple.  He dropped it after pulling it out and stared at the deep roots he had just deprived of their nourishment.  A day ago he couldn’t have hurt anything around him and now he was probably the most dangerous thing for hundreds of miles.

His next idea was the stomp on things.  So instead of taking the sidewalk toward sorority row he walked near it.  His second step came down upon a bench.  The loud crunching sounds under his huge foot excited him.  A bench that had probably withstood all kinds of weather had simply crumpled under his first attempt to destroy it.

With his next step it was simple to flatten a bunch of bushes that were near the bench.  He had always been taught how tough Mother Nature was but here he had easily destroyed two growing things.  It hadn’t even been a real effort on his part.

He saw something out of the corner of his eye as he took his next step and crushed another set of bushes.  Two campus police cars were screaming toward him.  He watched fascinated as the lead car jumped the nearest curb and rushed toward him.  Looking inside he could see that there was only one officer in the car.  He looked determined.

Without thinking at all, Jack’s foot moved and fell upon the vehicle as it stopped.  The sirens that had been wailing atop it and the lights all immediately stopped.  He knew that time was limited so he focused his attention on the second car.

He could see that the car held two occupants.  One male and one female.  That was the only thing that kept him from stomping the second car.  The thought of being his size and having a woman in uniform frisk him was quite enticing.

The male was driving the car and once he saw the other car crushed so easily he decided that he wanted to live not be crushed.  He threw his car into a spin and tried to race off in the other direction.  But Jack was too quick for a move like that…especially when he could cover distances so much faster than the car could at low speeds.

He quickly dropped down and picked up the patrol car.  He picked it up by the roof and took a moment to marvel at the fact that he was holding a real car in his hand.  His fingers were clasped around it covering the doors and windows.

He held it up to his full height so he could watch the wheels spin as the officer tried unsuccessfully to escape.  Jack laughed realizing they hadn’t fully realized their predicament.

But the noise of the motor was bothering him so he brought his other hand up and crushed the hood and undercarriage together until it stopped running.  He was looking directly into the windshield when the first bullets flashed out of the man’s gun shattering it.  They peppered across his skin feeling like nothing so much as bug bites.

However, the bullets didn’t go in, the bounced off him.  He realized that the density of him must have grown in proportion to his size.  Otherwise, he wouldn’t be able to do things like walk or pick up things.  He knew he wasn’t impervious but he was tougher than even he had imagined when this all started.

He could hear the click, click of the gun as the bullets stopped coming.  Fear was the only thing the man knew now that he had seen his bullets bounce off of the giant.  The woman hadn’t moved at all.  Her eyes were as big as saucers as she stared out at the unbelievable creature that had picked up a vehicle that weighed a quarter ton.

She was frozen and a chill ran up her spine as she saw for the first time that it was a man that had accomplished this feat.  A scream escaped her lips as she tried the door handle.  Looking  away for a moment she found herself staring at his humongous fingers that had enclosed the door.  Her scream rose an octave.

Her partner snapped out of his fearful state when she screamed.  He knew that he had to protect her at all cost.  The male imperative was too strong in his blood to allow her to perish through his inaction.  So he reached behind him and grabbed the shotgun and moved to exit through the windshield so he would be the focus of the giant’s attack.

He cut himself in several places but quickly found himself on the hood of the squad car facing his assailant.  The huge smile and evil gleam in the eyes before him should have warned him that leaving the car was a big mistake.  However, he still managed to release the safety on the shotgun and bring it to bear before Jack took care of him.

He never got a shot off.  The hood beneath him tilted at a 90 degree angle and he found himself falling to the ground below.  He didn’t know it but he was saved by hitting Jack’s foot before rolling to the ground.  But he was stunned or in shock from the fall because all he could do as he finally hit the ground next to Jack’s foot was watch helplessly as that foot raised up and fell upon him.

Jack tilted the car back up and hooked his finger in through the windshield.  He knew that she would panic and make the same mistake her partner had.  She exited the car though the broken windshield as the finger came dangerously close to her.  That was when she found herself plucked off the hood by two of his fingers.

She watched from a dizzying height as the car she had just been standing on fell to the ground below.  She was pretty sure the red splotch it landed on had been Edward, her partner until a few minutes ago.  Her eyes came back up to her captor and found that she had been moved closer to his face.  He looked her up and down before saying in a voice that could have easily deafened her if raised, “Unfasten your gun belt and let it drop.”

She had no choice but to do as she was told as she began to feel the warm breath of the giant.  They had been warned that he had been seen eating a person already.  The only way to keep from being his food was to give in to his demands.  Living might give her a chance to do something about him.

She found herself being placed in his hand now.  It was open and palm up…she hoped that meant he wasn’t planning to crush her.  She had done as he asked after all.

His smile disappeared as he spoke again, “Empty your pockets.  Don’t make me strip you naked.”

True fear gripped her as she turned out all her pockets and even removed the knife she had hidden in her boot.  The idea of being naked for this perverted giant seemed like the worst case of voyeurism she could think of.  Usually the voyeur didn’t control the person being watched.  It sounded obscene to her.

Once her pockets were emptied and all their contents and the knife had been dropped to the ground far below her she knew that she was totally at his mercy.

But he was tired of the distractions that kept him from reaching the large groups of girls that would be his new toys at the sorority houses.  Once he was sure she had no way to hurt him he began walking again.  This time he would go straight to the sororities instead of crushing or other things that might distract him.

He had big plans for the future.

The girl that he had picked to help him who had been shivering in his hand with fear suddenly found herself thrust into his shirt pocket and as the flap closed darkness covered her.  He couldn’t hear her crying as she realized things were hopeless.