- Text Size +
On earth, Seaview’s diving bell team, manned by Captain Chip Morton and two divers, rescued Mark Wilson and Betty Hamilton and Valerie Scott from the giant space ship and took them aboard Seaview for debriefing of their time on another world. Mark and the girls told them everything about the giants, and their paranoic obsession with earth’s superior technology. Crane contacted President Harriman Nelson and relayed all of the newly acquired information.

Flying sub returned to seaview, and Kowalski passed on his observations of Kobick and Altha, who had settled on the island to sleep for a while.

“Admiral, I have an idea,” said Exec Sharkey, “Could those time travellers use their device to move the giants back to their own planet? It got them here on our ship, not just to another time.”

“I could possibly arrange it to do better than that,” said Mark Wilson, “I studied the futuristic manual of a time travel ship from the year 5477, while I was on the giant planet. I made lots of notes and was working on the design of my own. I know a lot about time travel now. I think I could help them use their device to actually send the giants not only back to their own planet, but into its future, where what little they’ve already learned about us will be useless antique information. It would be a great defence against future giants too. Valerie also worked with me on the modifications we made to the giants’ ship guidance system in its experimental stage. She’d be a valuable help on this job if it’s approved by your leaders.”

Admiral Crane ran this past President Nelson over the radio, and got the go ahead to do it. Crane, Mark and Valerie went to Tic Toc in flying sub, and got Mark and Valerie instated as Tic Toc staff. Crane was under guidance from President Nelson to remain at Tic Toc on standby, in case flying sub was needed to assist them again, which it would be, as both Ann and Doug were convinced that the giants would have to be treated with harmless radioactive powder, to enable the modified Time Tunnel to get a fix on them and switch them in time and space.

Betty stayed on board Seaview, until it returned to headquarters.


Jupiter 2 passed through the space warp successfully and flew down to earth. The Robinsons’ and Major West’s contacts enabled Steve to get in touch with President Nelson’s highest officials and give them a lot of information about the giant invasion and the two years of knowledge they’d gathered during their time on the giant planet.

Barry and Penny had noticed the stares that they had attracted from each other, and began to go out on dates, not concerning themselves with the military defence of earth.

Soon all of the Jupiter 2 team, Spindrift team, Tic Toc team and Seaview officers were in touch with each other and working together to thwart the giants under the guidance of President Harriman Nelson.

Mark Wilson and Tony Newman perfected the repaired and redesigned time tunnel to work on the giants.

Then Flying Sub and Jupiter 2 were coopted for the mission, so that regular army and navy and air force officers would be kept in the dark about the giants for as long as possible, and hopefully indefinitely. Both craft were loaded up with the radiation powder required, and they flew towards the island of the giants. Kobick and Altha were soon bombed by Admiral Crane and Don West.

Back at Tic Toc headquarters, Ann McGregor and Doug Phillips were monitoring the giants through the viewer of the time tunnel.

“It’s working. We can switch them now,” said Ann.

“I think the Flying Sub and Jupiter 2 are far enough out of range now,” said Tony.

“Do it,” ordered Ray.

Both Kobick and Altha seemed to vanish, from the points of view of Don West and Lee Crane. In reality they arrived in what they would learn was their own planet’s future, to learn that the anti-little people propaganda had burned itself out centuries earlier. Kobick and Altha settled down and got married.