- Text Size +
"Okay." Kikata said leaning back into her pilots seat. It had been a long two days but the engines had finally cooled down (literally). "Ready?"

Richard slid down into the cup holder, "Yeah." He called up.

Kikata slid her fingers up the display, the ship was ready. With a flick of her finger the ships quiet hum turned to a roar, the speckled view outside of the window turned to a blur and they were off. Richard gritted his teeth, not having a real chair made the trip a little more than uncomfortable as he vibrated rapidly against the hard plastic of the cup holder. Finally the ship put on the back burners and the new location slowly came into view.

"Thanks." Richard grumbled as she helped him up onto the arm rest. He eyed the planet with a frown, "Another ice ball?"

She chuckled lightly, "That's right."

"Well, as long as I don't get eaten this time around."

"Tempt me and I just might." She said with a grin.

~ ~ ~ ~

The ship came to a halt within an expansive docking bay. Kikata slipped out of her white clothes and into a more official blue and white jumpsuit that was perhaps even more constricting than her black one. She tugged at it uncomfortably before straightening her hair in the mirror. She returned to the living quater to retrieve Richard, "Ready?" She asked, placing her hand down on the table next to him.

"Yeah." He responded as he finished buttoning up his military jacket. He climbed up onto her hand and braced himself as it slowly lifted off the table. She set her elbow against her waist and held her hand out in front of her as she made her way towards the ramp.

The docking bay was bustling with activity, allowing Kikata to stroll through without receiving too many odd glances. Humans were a rare sight in this part of the universe, and an even rarer site within military bases. They made their way into a narrow hallway that soon wound its way up a spiraled ramp. At the top there was a door. Kikata leaned forward, her fingers running across a dark pad covered in alien text that Richard did not recognize.

The door slid open smoothly and Kikata entered te dimly lit room. Large desks topped with bright white holograms littered the floor. The Neko's working at each station wore black jumpsuits similar to the one Kikata had worn. She made her way through the office and into another more narrow hall. At the end of this hall there was a brightly lit door. Kikata stopped a few feet short.

A loud voice echoed through the hall. Kikata responded back in her native tongue. A few moments later the door opened. A long white table sat across from them, Kikata set Richard down on the smooth black surface before pulling out a chair for herself. They waited silently in the oval shaped room before the door across from them opened.

Two fully armored Nova Guards stepped out and positioned themselves on either side of the door. Soon an older looking, somewhat heavyset Neko entered the room. His face was easily recognizable as the general Richard had spoke too on the ship.

Kikata went to stand but was stopped as the General raised his hand, he greeted her in their native tongue before turning towards Richard.

"So, we finally get to meet in person. The very first human Guard." He grinned as he sat down in front of them.

"Honorary Guard." Richard said with a nod. He was hard pressed to call himself a guard since he hadn't gone through any official training.

"The ships log sir." Kikata said sliding a small black square across the table.

"Oh yes, thank you Kikata." He said taking the chip into his hands, he twirled it in his fingers for a moment, "I will have our men look it over."

A loud clacking sounded in the hall, a tall and slender woman appeared in the doorway and made her way over to the table. Two brown ears poked through her long brown hair which had a streak of blue dyed down the side that clung to her right cheek. A thin tube of fabric ran up from her upper thighs and clung tightly to her supple bosom. Her fingers delicately gripped the chip, her large brown eyes flicked over to Robert. Her dark red lips curled into a smile. The general said something to her in their native langage. She nodded, still eying Richard for a few more moments. Finally she twirled around and headed back out the door, her hips swaying back and forth, a smooth tail flicking form side to side as she walked.

"Alright." The general started again, "So let me get the story straight. After you picked up Bromwell you received a distress beacon?"

"Correct." Kikata said with a nod.

"Right, and the stories seem to add to the attackers being the very same ones that hit Bromwells camp. Now. We ran the numbers, and this story seems to check out. But we have already discussed this. However, I do have some more information that you might find intriguing."

"Yes?"

The General leaned back in his chair as a swirl of light spread across the table, "This star map pinpoints reports of similar activity." He pointed a hardened finger to a red dot, "These dots here." His finger slid across the map, "Are your two reports."

"And...all of these?" Kikata asked, eyes scanning across the web of red dots, "So many?"

"The first report came in near the end of the last cycle, or about three months ago for you." He said nodding towards Richard, "Before we did not pay much attention, not until your last find."

"The ship?"

"Yes and some insight into their behavior. They are starting to hit larger targets now, ones with real defenses. We were lucky that they did not destroy their fallen ship. I have a feeling this log will be very revealing." The map disappeared off the smooth surface of the table, "It will be some time before we have looked over the content, you will be briefed again once we are ready."

"Yes sir." Kikata said rising to her feet as the General did.

"Oh, the engineers have been working rather hard for your two, make your partnership a little more official. Kina will take you."

"Kina?" Richard asked, but his question was answered as the woman from before re-entered the room. She flashed them a wide smile. Kikata went to lower her hand for Richard but was a little startled to see Kina's hand laying there next to him already. Richard looked over his shoulder and shrugged before climbing onto Kina's hand.

"Hello, I am Kina." She said, her accent a little thicker than the generals or Kikata's, "If you would follow me please." She lifted her hand to her waist before leading them out the door. Kikata shot a cold glare into the back of Kina's head, she was the exact type of woman that she hated to see around base. Always flashing cute smiles and showing off her body in unprofessional uniforms. She was the exact kind of women that would lounge around on the beach all day, the kind of woman that Kikata was supposed to be.