- Text Size +

Richard watched Kikata's feet move around the floor from his little area beneath her bed. The past couple days have been strange for him. When he had entered Kikata's mind it felt as though he had spent weeks in there, sifting through her knowledge and leaning all of her past life. And then he found perfection. The room in Kikata's heart had opened their eyes to one another, he embraced someone with a love that he had never felt before. And in the heat of that moment, knowing that it was all just a dream, they followed though with their emotions. 

But Kikata doesn't know. She is curious as to what happened but Richard insists that it has turned to a blur in his memory. All of the events in her subconscious that might have made sense at the time were now too confusing to comprehend. But he wanted to tell her. He wanted to feel that love again. Richard had made a promise, however, that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Their love just did not seem to be meant to be in the real world. 

He waited until she sat down at the table before leaving his small area and climbing onto the elevator platform. 

Kikata smiled as Richard stepped onto the table, "Morning." 

Richard nodded towards her, "Hey." He slumped down onto the table, propping his weight up with his arms.

Kikata took a small bite from her breakfast bar, eyeing him curiously as she chewed. Something had changed between them. She could feel it in her chest when ever she saw him. He also acted differently towards her, he was more thoughtful when he went to speak and would seem uncomfortable at times. 

Richard shifted under her stare, "What?" He finally asked.

"Nothing." Kikata said with a smile. She took another petite bite of her breakfast, her eyes shifting away from him finally.

Richard laid completely onto his back, letting out a long drawn out sigh. The words to reveal the truth to Kikata were always rising in his chest, but he continued to regretfully push them away. "Any other planned stops?" He finally asked.

Kikata shook her head, "Nothing until about two weeks from now where we will make a quick supply stop." Her eyes fell back onto him, "So...you really can't just describe what the inside of my mind looked like? Even if it doesn't make sense?"

Richard sighed, "I don't know...it was just like a dream. What ever you were thinking just surrounded us. Until-" He cut himself off, not wanting to look as though he remembered more than he acknowledged. 

"Until what?" Kikata asked, leaning forward on her elbows, "You're not telling me something Richard I know it. Please, just tell me."

Richard sat back up, Kikata's golden eyes burrowing into his soul, "It was just..." He started, he ran his hands through his hair, "Alright. So it was like this..." He went on to explain the first few dream sequences. He figured there was no harm there.

Kikata nodded, her cheeks warming up slightly to hear so much of her life being spilled out by someone who clearly wasn't there. "So. My breasts grew and what? Pushed us back into the real world?"

"Well. No that was just the beginning. It took us to this place that was like your mind put into physical form. It was like a library or a museum."

"And what did it hold?"

"Just about everything." Richard chuckled. 

"More embarrassing memories?"

"A few."

Kikata nodded, perhaps this was the new connection they shared. Richard simply knew everything about her now. "So how did you get me out?"

"I don't know. We kind of just walked around looking at everything and then you woke up?"

"Richard...You are a terrible liar now just tell me."

"Is it all that important to you? I mean it is just a dream-"

"Yes! It is important! Look. I am glad you did it, I am happy that you saved me. I'm not angry at your or anything, so I don't see why you would keep a secret from me. When I woke up I felt different. About everything. I felt happy, which you probably already know that the past few weeks have not been very good for me. But suddenly, as if by magic, all of my problems didn't seem to matter anymore! I mean Runo is just nothing anymore."

"Well...you sort of trashed his room." Richard offered. 

"His room?"

Richard knew he was teetering on the edge of something problematic here. "You see, we found this room that must have been all of the emotions built up with him. And then you sort of just started breaking all of the pictures. I think you just needed to let all of your emotions out."

Kikata sat back in her chair, "I wish I remembered that." Kikata eyed him again, "So, you were just nervous to tell me that you know all of this stuff?"

"I guess so." Richard said with a shrug.

"Alright. But I was also wondering-" She was interrupted by a loud beeping noise.

Richard jumped onto her hand as it landed next to him, swiftly escorting him to his seat. They seemed to forget about their conversation completely as they fell back into the motions. "Alright, what do we got?" Richard asked.

"It's coming from another Hybrid City." Kikata said.

Richard nodded, knowing this was more than likely another attack. "Hey, just like last time, piece of cake right?"

"Yes. Hopefully-" She was cut off again as a voice broke through their radio.

"Attention all Guards." It began, "Every able ship needs to report to planet seven two four, eight nine five six..." The Message continued and repeated multiple times over, with no real explanation as to what the situation really was. Kikata quickly set the coordinates and set the jump, it was relatively close. 

Within minutes their ship arrived before a large green and blue planet. It was the perfect model for terraforming, a massive Hybrid city was the newest feature to the three hundred year old planet. It also served as the most remote planet so far to have a substancial human population. 

Hundreds of blue and white ships descended into the atmosphere, the radio was buzzing with chatter as they approached the city. Words like chemical warfare, monsters, dead city, were hot off the tongues of the nervous Guards. Even the Knights had been called in to...sweep...the streets. 

A blue diamond appeared on Kikata's hud, marking the area where she had to land...