- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter, or "episode" was extremely rushed, and I will return to it later to make it nicer.
Richard followed the small alien curiously as it led him away from the ship. The green landscape seemed to stretch endlessly around them, the planet had no large mountains and hardly had any hills. The only vegetation seemed to be the thin layer of moss like grass that completely covered the ground. The tiny woman glided to the earth, glancing back towards Richard before taking hold of what looked like a very small lever. With apparently a good bit of force she pulled the lever.

The ground suddenly started to morph. A square of earth rose just slightly from the surrounding area, about three feet across. The square started to split down the middle. Soon a dark, square hole sat just before him, the small green creature looking up towards Richard with that same, serine smile.

Then, like a cloud of color the hole was filled with life. What looked like hundreds of the small creatures billowed out of the opening. At first it frightened in, the sheer numbers were overwhelming. But it became apparent that they were all as friendly and open towards him as the first. The small creatures would approach Richard with an alarming amount of trust, wanting to touch his hands or clothes. He was so caught up within the mass of life that he did not see the other clouds breaking from the one that surrounded him, making their way towards their ship and to where Kikata was taking a nap.

~ ~ ~ ~

Inside the ship

Kikata slept soundly, her mind overwhelmed by the days events which were made all the more exhausting by the fact that she had only slept four hours of the past twenty four. She was completely unaware of the curious creatures approaching her.

A group of about fifteen, tiny creatures landed by Kikata's feet. They were astounded by everything they saw. The strange devices in the ship, the odd smooth materials that surrounded them. But mostly the living mountain that lay sprawled out before them. She was a goddess in their virgin eyes. They carefully approached the rough surface of her toes, running their hands across them seeking to touch anything they could. The enormous structures twitched and wiggled, causing a wave of excited whispers to wash over the tiny creatures. They flew from her toes and landed upon her legs. Her body was nothing short of a landscape. They half walked, half flew up the rest of her body, stopping at every intriguing fold in her tightly fitting jump suit, or hovering in awe as she shifted in her sleep.

Her face called out to them. They landed softly upon her cheek, wondering how such a massive creature could exist! Surely she must be a deity, or magical in some way. Their small minds could not even fathom the workings of the ship.

Kikata mumbled something in her sleep, much to the amazement of her unexpected guests. They quickly gathered by her chin, eyeing her lips curiously waiting for her to speak to them again. Her lips parted slightly, a powerful stream of hot air rushing around them. They were caught off guard by the blast, toppling backwards before being drawn back towards her by a much cooler gust of wind.

Kikata's dreams however took a turn for the worst, she sat up, gasping deeply as she awoke.

The sudden movement rendered the small creatures into a state of utter confusion. One moment they were in light, the next they were plunged in blackness. The hot wind had turned to a steady heat, the air was thick and humid. They realized what had happened and started to cry out. Kikata's throat had nearly inhaled them, leaving them squirming upon the back of her tongue, her uvula and her tonsils.

Her brow furrowed, a tickle in the back of her throat. She swallowed, trying to scratch the annoying itch to find that it only escalated. She coughed, and tried to clear her throat, a green line zipping before her face. The tiny particle of dust floated before her eyes, bouncing rapidly before her.

The lucky creature waved its arms and shouted to the goddess, whose giant eyes struggled to focus on him.

Suddenly Kikata heard the faint cries.

"Oh my-" She clamped her hand over her mouth, silencing herself as she realized what she had done. She opened her mouth wide, sticking out her tongue as she tried to aid the tiny specs in their escape. "R-Richard?" She called out, holding her hand before her lips.

Richard turned towards the ship, watching as Kikata carefully stepped out onto the ramp before sitting down, she could see the tiny clouds of color and dared not to enter the tiny creatures domain.

Meanwhile two tiny aliens struggled to escape the clutches of the goddess's throat. The powerful winds would suck them back into the depths when ever they managed to break free, the small tube that lead to her lungs nearly engulfing them before blasting them back onto the back of her tongue. The glistening cavern was larger than most of their underground halls, the depths that faced them would have been a terrifying cave system for them. Kikata herself could easily substitute for their underground city!

"What?" Richard called up to the startled looking Neko who sat with her knees pulled to her chest.

"I-I think I...breathed some in..."

"Oh no." Richard muttered, stepping onto her hand.

"Will you look? I can't tell...they are just so small!"

"Yeah...Yeah I'll look." Richard sighed.

The two aliens cried out as the enormous voice boomed around them. They continued to claw at the back of her tongue, being nearly inhaled with each breath. The saliva was weighing them down, their wings would give way soon to the powerful forces around them. They managed to pull themselves further up the tongue, which stretched ahead of them like a rolling, pink hill. The end of her maw seemed miles into the distance. A figure stood by the literal mouth of the cave.

Richard peered into Kikata's mouth once again, she tilted her head back slightly so some more light would flood in. Sure enough two green specs wiggled on the back of her tongue.

"Well. They are there. Just nod if you need me to-"

Kikata nodded furiously.

"Alright..." He groaned. Richard pulled himself up and over her lip. The sights and sounds were all too familiar to him now. Her shaking breaths pelted him, his skin growing a little damp in the humid environment. Kikata was concentrating hard so her tongue remained rather still, though still twitched under his steps. He maintained a good balance and eventually was able to crawl out towards the back of her tongue.

Two sets of frightened blue eyes looked up to him as he reached forward. He took the small creatures into his hands and quickly made his way back out.

"Is that all? Do you feel anything else in there?" Richard asked.

"It's hard to say." Kikata sighed, "But I think so. God I was so worried I killed them."

"They were hanging right on the edge...surprised they didn't get pulled into your lungs."

"Yes. Well I think we should make our leave soon...with me around there are bound to be more mishaps..."

~ ~ ~ ~

It took a while, but Richard was able to herd the tiny aliens away from the ship. They seemed reluctant to leave his side but he left them a gift of candy that Kikata had been keeping, and eventually they took the hint that he must enter the ship alone.

The Alliance had contacted a team of human scientists to return to that planet within a few months.