- Text Size +
Nova Force:Ep8 part3
by =Ginbug

Will stared down at his hands as the heavy plack metal was set down by the now almost Machine looking Richard. "Now this thing has some pop to it." Richard warned, "And you've only got four shots with it until you have to load it with the next clip."

"O-Okay." Will stuttered.

"Richard you don't have anymore of those fancy suits now do ya'?" Crab asked as he continued to examine the walls of weapons, he was a child in a candy store.

Richard shook his head, "Sorry, this is one of a kind. There's some armor back in that crate but it was way too big for me."

Crab raised his brow, "Armor you say?" He carried his hefty frame over towards the back of the container and hoisted the lid off of a long metal case. He frowned as he lifte the helmet, it would still be too large even for Crab's large head. He set it back down and lifted the shoulder guards, "Oh here we go." He grunted, lowering them over his head, "Match made in heaven!" He laughed, turning side to side. The dark gray shoulder and chest guard fit snuggly on his wide shoulders, the metal plate reaching up to about his ears.

~ ~ ~ ~

The three men walked out of the small weapons locker to see a gigantic wall of blue and white metal waiting for them.

"Are you ready?" Kikata's now robotic voice boomed around them.

"Holy moly! Hey robot what did you do with the sexy lady?" Crab laughed.

Richard could feel Kikata's glare from outside of the non-translucent glass wall, he shook his head as he put on his own helmet, "Yeah we are ready." Richard said.

Kikata nodded, setting her hands down before the group, "The other guards are circling the city as we speak, the three ships are still on the ground. We will move in on foot." Kikata rose to her feet slowly, holding the three small, armed men in one hand as she reached down to gather a sleek black canon. She had never held it before with the intent of firing it upon a real body. She just hoped that she wouldn't actually have to use it.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kikata watched as a blue and white Nova Guard ship flew overhead. A streak of yellow flowed from where in the city depths towards it, but the stream was short lived. It seemed as though at the moment they were at a standoff.

Richard turned off his outbound audio, "Kikata, how are you feeling?" He called through the radio, so they could converse in private.

Kikata's metallic head dipped slightly as she turned off her own outbound, "I think I'm good." She said, "I have been training for this."

Richard nodded, "Right."

Crab eyed down Will, "You know how to use that thing?"

Will shrugged, "Can't be too hard."

Crab chuckled, "Those rounds you got in there are explosive. So don't be goin' 'round shootin' that thing without takin' a good two seconds to make sure ya' aint aiming at a wall right ahead of us."

"Yeah I know..." Will mumbled.

"Gona' get us both killed." Crab muttered.

"Well you didn't have to come." Will stated.

Crab laughed, "As if I'd send my boy and first mate back into this city with soldier man and jumbo tits on his own!"

"I can hear you, you know." Kikata's robotic voice called down at him.

Crab looked up and over his shoulder towards the glass wall staring back at him, "Consider it a compliment miss."

"Oh is that right?" Kikata muttered, shaking her head as she looked back towards the city. The other guards had marked the location of the three ships that had landed in a wide plaza. She made her way into the streets, carefully creeping her way around abandoned vehicles. She pinned herself to a wall, "Okay." She called through the radio to Richard, "What's the plan?"

"Haven't you been given one?" Richard asked.

"They are being slow." Kikata said, "They would open fire on the ships had they not taken hostages."

"A human shield."

"Right. They want me to look for a place that they can fire of an electronics killer."

"Electronics killer? You mean an EMP?"

"I guess."

Richard nodded, "Well why don't you put me on the ground. I am small enough, I should be able to go unnoticed-"

"Why not above?" Crabs voice broke in. Richard had forgotten to turn his outbound audio off. "The buildings here are a spiderweb of tunnels and pathways, better above than on the ground where you aint' got nowhere to run."

"He has a point." Kikata said.

"Alright then." Richard said rising to his feet, "Will, Crab, let's do this."

~ ~ ~ ~

Will panted heavily, his heart was racing and his shirt was soaked with sweat. The heavy piece of metal machinery in his hands bore down on his elbows and shoulders painfully, the box of extra rounds strapped over his shoulder dug into his neck. This was the last way he pictured his day turning out.

He watched as the heavily armored Richard jogged up a good twenty yards ahead of himself and Crab. He felt like he was following the trail of some war hero. The flat black armor gave the man a sense of unshakability, if anyone was going to get out of this spot free it was him. That of course left himself to take the brunt of the trauma. Crab wouldn't get injured, Crab never got a scratch. Will was clumsy, he was untrained and he was nervous.

Richard stopped as they reached another corner in the wide hallway. They had been following the inner sections of the buildings that would eventually lead them to an area that looked out over the plaza. He glanced back towards Will and Crab who were just now arriving at his side, he nodded towards them.

"We're almost there." Richard called into the radio.

"Okay, be careful. We need you to use the targeting system, do you remember that?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I will tell you more once you are in position."

Richard waved his arm forward, and the trio was running again. Richard felt waves of excitement rushing through his body, only the slightest hint of fear. It wasn't like his first taste of combat. This time he would be the one launching the surprise attack. A long row of windows appeared in the next hall and they came to another stop. Richard slowly approached one of the windows, peering outside.

He saw the three ships. They weren't so different than the three ships he had seen. They were built similar to Kikata's but on a smaller scale. The plaza around the ships was littered with moving bodies, some had guns, others were either sitting or laying on the ground.

"Were here." Richard whispered.

"Okay." Kikata responded, "They need you to find an open area, as close to the ships as possible to drop the EMP. That will cripple their electronics and make sure none of them can get up and running. The EMP will cause damage to the ground so be careful where you set the target, they cannot see the smaller humans or other races from that high up."

"Okay." Richard responded.

"Next they need you to set targets on the military men. We are going to ambush and we need to make sure that when the chaos starts we can separate the civilians from the bad guys."

"Got it." Richard responded again. "Command target." Richard whispered, the display suddenly flashing to the targeting system. He scrolled through the options, selecting a blue triangle as the marker for the EMP drop. There was a water fountain between two of the ships, he set the target on that.

Once it was set he ducked down and moved down two windows, allowing Will and Crab to fill in behind him.

"What's the situation?" Crab asked in a whisper.

"We are selecting targets for our guys to take out. Split the civilians from the others."

"Sneaky..." Crab replied with a grin.

Richard nodded, "Tell me if you see anyone hiding out in the shadows."

Richard scanned the ground, his display picking up on the various, black uniformed mercenaries below. He would select anyone he saw with a weapon. His brow furrowed as he saw a line of the mercenaries standing rigidly by the wings of one of the ships. They were rather small aliens, similar to the ones that he and Kikata found at the first station they investigated. But around their necks they wore a strange metal contraption. The metal reached up around their heads, incasing it almost like a hood.

"What the hell are those things?" Richard muttered quietly.

"You talkin' bout them head gears?"

Richard nodded.

"Those are those things I told ya' bout' over the radio. Real creepy stuff, they act more like machines then living creatures. And they got em' on more then just those dudes."

Richard eyed the strange mercenaries for a moment longer before setting his targets.

"Alright." He finally called, "We're ready..."