- Text Size +
Richard glanced around the large white room, to Kikata it would have seemed to be the size of a tennis court. "This is a virtual room?" He asked, noting how is voice bounced from the walls.

"A state of the art one." She said with a nod, "A few hundred years ago we developed a program that users could enter the Virtual realm while sitting in designated capsules." As she spoke she tapped away on a display panel that sat atop a tall white pillar. "Over the years we managed to improve the visual effects and what not but no matter how much we tricked the brain into thinking the virtual reality was real it still felt false." She leaned on her right leg as she thought for a moment, "What should we do first?"

"Doesn't matter to me."

She nodded, "Something peaceful at first. Don't leave the platform."

Richard watched as blue light suddenly filled the once white floors and walls. A scene started to appear like a wave around them. Tree's grew from the floor and the ceiling and walls appeared to disappear to endless space and skyline. Even the temperature rose from a cool air conditioned state to that of a tropical island. The ground crumbled and grew from its once perfectly flat state to mimic sand!

"Woah!" Richard gasped once the room had completely transformed.

"Impressive huh?"

"I'd say. You know I've been in those virtual reality gaming things but this is just...so real!"

"Yes. We realized that if we developed a room that combines not only images of real things, like the sky and the things that lie beyond the walls, and actual physical objects."

Richard stepped off the white, circular platform onto the sand, "So...this is real?" He said scooping his hand down into the rough pile of tiny particles.

"Sort of. Everything that you can touch is actually made up of near microscopic nano particles. They move like water, able to condense themselves into patterns and shapes to mimic real world things like sand, trees, buildings even water."

"And then they just change color?"

"That's right. It is rare to find one of these things outside of a government owned location. It is just too expensive right now to use for entertainment alone."

Richard nodded, still hardly able to believe that the world around him was built of tiny robots. He watched as the water lapped peacefully against the white sand. He was dumbfounded by how realistic it was. The water would even bubble and form a slight foam as it crashed onto the white sand which grew dark brown when wet.

"So. You use this for training?"

"I have a few times. They have programs to imitate damaged ships, warzone conditions, just about anything that one might experience on duty. It almost seems dangerous at times but they develop safety nets."

"Safety nets?"

She nodded, "Well when things explode lets say, the nano particles will simply disassemble and instead a hologram will take over. And if someone were tall fall the ground would essentially catch them on a safe net."

"Good to know."

"But we have to be careful when interacting with each other, because we're obviously real."

"Well let's get to it!" Richard said, walking back towards the platform, "What sorts of games do we got in this thing?"

Kikata thought for a moment, "Well. A lot of them would be hard for us to play, with our sizes and all."

"True."

She sighed, "This points out the one downfall to this system. In a true virtual reality we could actually interact with each other as if we were normal sized."

"How 'bout we make up our own game?" Richard offered with a shrug.

"Yeah, okay!" Kikata said, her eyes focused on the display again, "So, first we'll need an environment."

Richard thought a moment, "How about someplace my size?"

"I can do that. There are literally millions of locations programmed into the computer."

"Think they'd have my home town?" Richard asked, stepping onto Kikata's hand as she leant down. She brought him up and over the display, "We can check. What's it called?"

"Earlington Virginia."

Kikata typed in the coordinates, "This?" She asked as a list of Earth cities displayed over the small circular screen.

"Yeah!"

Kikata tapped on the name twice, the display now showing a map, "Okay. So I will bring up your town." She hit a small green circle on the display. The sunny, tropical scene around them suddenly turned white, literally falling apart back into the smooth white room. The room flashed blue, a familiar tree covered skyline coming into view around them. Sounds of earth dwelling birds filled Richard's ears as a slightly smaller landscape started to take form.

They watched as buildings started to take form, most of which Kikata towered over. There was a handful of tall business buildings that were taller than herself, but mainly Richard's town was filled with two story family owned shops and houses.

Kikata found herself standing in the middle of the towns square. It was a grassy section filled with small trees and sidewalks. "It's pretty." She commented.

Richard nodded slowly, feeling a slight twinge of homesickness twist in his stomach, "Yeah. Home sweet home."

Richards town was a sort of mix of very old, traditional buildings and the sleek new architecture that had become popular in the past decades. These new, colorful buildings stood out from the ancient brick walls of the old libraries and government buildings. He smiled as he gazed down on the empty sidewalk, lined with a row of smooth lined electric cars and trucks.

"Does the program simulate people?" Richard asked curiously as he gazed down at the empty streets.

"Yes, the system can run a civilian population. The A.I is generally rather generic, but portrayable as a few different classes. For example enemies or civilians in trouble." Kikata ran her hands along the display, a moment later the streets were bustling with life. Or the illusion of life.

"Wow." Richard gasped, "I can hardly believe that its not really there!"

"Incredible isn't it?" Kikata said with a smile, "So, about this game?"

"Oh right. I nearly forgot." Richard laughed as he peered down from Kikata's hand.

"Oh! I know!" Kikata said, her voice growing excited, "Let's play a little game of chase!"

"Chase hm?" Richard said with a nod, "Alright, I'll take you on."

"Great!" Kikata laughed, "You know when I was a little girl I sometimes played with a small toy house I had as if I was some sort of monster trying to capture the tiny occupants inside."

Richard laughed, "That doesn't surprise me."

"What, that I would play a monster?"

"Yeah. I mean I find it hard to picture you playing dress up."

"How do you mean?"

"You're just not very...girly."

Kikata frowned, "I can be girly!"

"It wasn't an insult." Richard said with a wink, "And besides I know that very well after those long talks last night."

Kikata rolled her eyes, "Alright, on the ground with you."

Richard hopped off her palm once it was low to the ground. The nano particles even got the feel of grass right! Suddenly he was surrounded by a world that he fit in. There were park benches, trees, cars, everything was sized just as it should be. Or at least what he imagined them to be. He looked back over his shoulder towards Kikata who stared down at him with a slight smile. She was the one who didn't fit here. Her kneeling figure was still larger than most of the shops and other buildings. She would fit inside of the library just barely he imagined.

"Well? Get going!" She laughed.

"Oh right." Richard said, a grin spreading across his lips as he turned to run. He bumped into a man who was walking down the sidewalk appearing to be oblivious to the giantess in the middle of the town square. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Hello." The man stated as he continued walking.

"Oh right, A.I." Richard chuckled, making his way across the street.

"You've got twenty seconds little man." Kikata's voice called behind him as he pushed into a store.

He looked around, everything was in place except for the products. All of the shelves were empty. A woman stood behind the counter, "Welcome!" She said with a warm smile.

"Hi." Richard said by instinct. The woman simply smiled back. "Slow day huh?" He asked.

"Yes!" She responded, her smiling face almsot creeping him out.

He laughed and shook his head as he walked into the back room. Looking around for a stairway or anything that might help him elude Kikata.

"Okay!" He heard her voice call, "Time to play!"

Richard crouched down behind the counter next to the woman, he looked up to her as she stared down at him with that same smile, "Shh." He hushed her, holding his finger in front of his lips.

"Anyone home?" Kikata's voice called from behind the glass. The door swung open as Kikata poked her finger inside.

"Hello!" He woman said, her head turning towards Kikata.

"Hello there." Kikata giggled, "Do you have any tiny Nova Guards for sale in there? I seem to have misplaced mine."

Kikata sat back, admiring the little shop with a grin, "Now how will I do this?" Her mind was teeming with ideas, the destructive route seemed to be the most appropriate. She let out a loud scream as she smashed her fist into the shops front windows.

Richard jumped as the thunderous crash sent debris everywhere inside of the shop. It seemed to be enough to jostle the A.I woman from her happy composure as she suddenly covered her ears and let out a shrill cry. Richard watched as a massive hand toppled over shelves as it felt around blindly inside the store. He crawled across the floor on his stomach and made his way out the back exit.

"Where are you?" Kikata's voice questioned from around the corner. Kikata let out as a large portion of the upstairs collapsed over her arm. She looked around her to see that the A.I citizens had gone into a panic mode. "Good thing this isn't a public relations test." She muttered quietly. She rose to her feet, catching a wide glimpse of the surrounding area.

Richard ducked behind a parked car at a stop light, watching as Kikata's gigantic figure rose to her feet. Hundreds of panicked civilians ran almost comically around the streets, while some of the others hadn't quite gotten the hint that they were under attack by a giantess yet.

Richard jumped to his feet, taking the cars handle in hand and yanking it open. The man looked at him with a blank stare as he gripped his collar and pulled him from the divers seat. "Let's see if this baby runs." Richard mused to himself as closed the door. To his surprise the inside of the car was very detailed. He watched the world slowly roll by as he lifted his foot off the brake. He hit the gas and to his delight the car accelerated like the real thing.

Kikata arched her brow as she watched the silver vehicle race down the street, "Tell me that's not Richard." She watched it swerve off the road, jumping a shallow curb and bursting through a line of decorative bushes, "Yeah, that's Richard."

Richard laughed triumphantly as he sped over the grass and back onto another side street. He narrowly avoided a mob of fleeing citizens before watching a gigantic foot crash into the ground before him. He slammed the break and spun the wheel as hard as he could, coming to a skidding halt. Her other foot slammed down on the other side of him so he threw the car into reverse. It seemed to take a moment to recognize what he had done before rolling backwards.

Kikata leaned down to grab the car before it just narrowly backed away out of reach. She twisted around and jumped after him. Her knees crushed into the ground on either side of the car, she clenched her thighs together to keep it still.

"Gotcha'!" She shouted, taking the small vehicle into her hands and eyeing the car closely.

Richard's hands shook from the excitement, the sheer power of Kikata slamming down in front of him was almost overwhelming. Not to mention the view of her thighs, partly bare due to her short gym shorts, clenching all around him and her body rising up after that. He watched as her hand gripped the roof of the car, her nails digging into the fake metal and pulling the roof free.

"Oh no a monster!" Richard called up sarcastically, rolling his eyes as her fingers took his waist in their grip.

Kikata pulled Richard from the car with a victorious smile, "That's right. You just got yourself eaten."

"Eaten hm?" Richard asked.

Kikata nodded, "That's what monsters do right?"

"Seems to be a recurring theme with you. Perhaps the monster title fits?"

"Hey!" She shouted, "You just really made yourself lunch with that one!" She tossed her head back, opening her mouth playfully beneath him.

Richard squirmed slightly, wondering how far she would really take it, not that it would have been anything new.

Suddenly there was a loud clanking sound. A bright light appeared in the skyline before widening into a large rectangle. Kikata and Richard watched as Prila came bursting through the door.

"Guys! I've got something to-" She yelped as she suddenly stumbled over a building. The nano particle structure crumbled beneath her, shattering into a dust like substance before melting into the ground. Prila looked around in confusion for a moment before rising to her knees. Her eyes fell on Kikata, who was holding Richard just a few inches from her face. "Uh. I'm not interrupting anything?"

"Interrupting?" Kikata questioned, glancing towards Richard who shrugged, "No. We were just messing around."

"I see." Prila said, getting to her feet and eyeing the partly destroyed building and the fleeing citizens, "Oh I get it. Practicing for your first visit to Earth. I don't think your supposed to invade it." She laughed.

"Just having fun." Kikata said with a grin, "You sounded urgent, is there something you need to tell us?"

"Oh. Right." Prila said, fixing her hair, "I've got something to show you. And yes, it's rather urgent!"

Kikata and Richard shared a glance before following the Fela out of the Virtual Room.