- Text Size +
Richards head was pressed firmly into his seat, but it was better than the cup holder. "Are we gaining on it?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"No. But it's engines will run out of power soon."

"And ours?"

"Well...hopefully not ours." Kikata said with a smile, though she was a little nervous of what might happen if something went wrong out here. If they weren't able to make a jump it would take months to get back home. Her eyes flickered down onto her display, "Hey, um. Are you reading this?"

"Reading what?"

"Look on your proximity detector."

"My what?"

"The little circle on your display."

"Oh." Richards eyes searched his display for a few moments until he located it, "Yeah. What about it?"

"Do you see that little mark, not very far from our ship." Kikata said fingering the small yellow blip on her map, it was traveling along side them, "I think we might have company."

"Do you think one of the other ships jumped as well?"

"Not one of ours at least. This is just coming up as a mass, I'm not picking up any electronics or radio signals at all."

"A comet?"

"Too fast."

They fell silent as they both watched the small blip move across their maps. Richard strained in his chair to try and catch a view of it. "What is that?" He muttered quietly as the large mass came into view. It was much smaller than their ship, but it nearly looked like one. Two dark gray wings jutted out from either side, the body of the ship was thin and almost human like. "Wait...no really what is that?!" Richard asked trying to push himself off his seat to see.

"I-I'm not sure." Kikata stammered, if her eyes weren't tricking her she would have said that it was some sort of living creature. Sure enough it's dark gray colored head turned towards them, its glowing eyes focusing on them for a moment before turning forward once more.

"It just looked at us!" Richard nearly screamed. He had never seen something so strange in his life...and this was coming from a man who has seen the inside of more than one orifice of a living creature. Their ship came to a halt, a large blue planet coming into view. The gray creature continued towards it.

"The signal is coming from that planet." Kikata said, "And that thing is moving right towards it."

"Maybe we are both following the same signal?" Richard offered, watching as the figure appeared smaller and smaller in the distance. He lost sight of it in the high clouds as the breached the atmosphere. A lush green landscape lay beneath them, Kikata hot on the trail of the signal. Their ship lowered down into a grassy field, smoke billowing up from behind the tree line.

"Well...here it is." Kikata sighed, her eyes scanning the surrounding landscape for a moment. The trees seemed to be near the same size as the ones back home, though their thin trunks and winding branches were very different from the thick rooted trees on Teralist. She helped Richard out of his seat and then climbed down the ladder. "Get ready, quickly." She ordered before walking over to her own armor.

Richard obeyed, excited that he would get to use his armor so soon. He pulled on his helmet and then approached his container of weaponry, "Hmm." He hummed aloud.

"What are you doing?" Kikata's voice echoed through his radio, her robotic tone also audible.

"I'm selecting a gun." He said bluntly. His eyes fell onto a rather simple looking cannon, about the length of his arm.

"Do you really need a gun?" She sighed.

"Hey there were big trees out there." He said hoisting it off the rack. The weapon fired large metal shells similar to RPG shells, only with a little more armor piercing punch. "This will do nicely." He commented before walking to Kikata's feet.

Kikata laughed as she lowered herself so she could pick him up, "Very scary." She pinched his sides and rose to her feet, placing the tiny metal soldier on top of her own armor.

"I'm like a turret." Richard laughed as they exited the ship.

Kikata shook her head, trying to force herself back into a serious mind set. "I'm not picking up another Nova Guard here, not surprising I doubt he was in his armor. That is his ship in those trees though, that I am sure of." She made her way across the grassy field, the trees looming over head.

"They got trees this big where you come from?"

"Bigger." She laughed, pushing some brush out of her way as she entered the forest. "The air is breathable here." She said, "But best to stay in our armor for now."

"I would hope so, this stuff is so cool!"

"Alright. Time to get serious." She sighed as the thick smoke became visible. She pulled her way through the forest, the husk of the ship appearing in a small clearing. Trees and debris lay scattered around the fallen ship, but the ship seemed otherwise unharmed. She made her way towards the landing ramp, groaning as it appeared to be pinned shut by a large rock. She circled the ship again, heading towards the cockpit.

"Holy shit." Richard muttered, the glass cover appeared to be completely torn off.

"This can't be good." Kikata sighed, knowing that if the window had blown off during the crash there was little chance the Guard survived. She ran her fingers across the metal surface, three deep rivits seemed to tear through the hull like claw marks.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Richard asked eyeing over the scratches.

"You think that thing we saw did this?"

"Yeah that's what I was thinking." They both jumped at a sudden moment behind them. Richard held onto Kikata's armor tightly as she spun around. There it was! The creature almost looked like a Neko aside from its completely furred body. Two large wings hung from its back. They shared a long, curious stare, the creature seemed as wary of them as they were of it.

"Should I shoot?" Richard finally whispered, remaining completely motionless on Kikata's shoulder.

"No don't shoot you idiot." She sighed, clearly this was not the creature that tore open the ship, had it been any creature at all. It stood a good bit taller than Kikata, but she was not exactly a tall Neko. The creature lifted its hand, "I think it's asking us to follow?" She commented, glancing at Richard for a moment. She stepped forward as the creature turned the other way.

The path through the forest was calming, tranquil even. Kikata's visor slid open as she followed the dark creature through the forest, finally ending up onto a clearly cut path. She wanted to ask questions but the man, if she could call it that, surely did not speak their languages. She tried anyway, "Um, hello?" She called after it, she repeated hello numerous times in other languages, but only caught odd glances from over his shoulder. She frowned, following silently for the rest of the trip.

"So what is this place?" Richard asked looking around, he would almost describe the vegetation as oriental or tropical, had he been on Earth.

"I don't know, this area is uncharted." She said quietly, she had absorbed herself into the surroundings, feeling strangely at peace.

"Huh. Of all the galaxies eh?"

"Yes. Well....they say most is uncharted still." Her eyes widened as they fell onto a massive building. The roof was tall and curved sharply inwards as it rose. The creature stepped up a short flight of stairs, it's muscles flexing as it pushed away at a tall, sliding door. Once again creating an almost asian image in Richards mind. Kikata followed him inside, surprised to see how wide open it was, dwarfing even him. The creature sat down, it's eyes studying Kikata for a moment, but shifting away quickly as Kikata's golden eyes met his, he almost seemed nervous.

There was a sudden tremble to the earth, loud and droning thumps filled the air. The creature did not seem nervous so Kikata let out a long sigh as she waited for what ever was coming. This all seemed so surreal, within an hour of landing on an uncharted planet they had found themselves inside of an aliens home, a possible first contact! Kikata was drawn back to the real world as a massive wall at the far end of the room shook. And as if by magic the massive wall slid away, what stood behind it left Kikata and Richard speechless.

A female creature stood in the doorway, next to her stood the Nova Guard dressed in his black jump suit, a white bandage wrapped around his shoulder. His head did not even reach over her waist!

"She has to be over five hundred feet tall!" Richard whispered

"At least." Kikata murmured. The creature could be described as almost feline in appearance, her body covered mostly in a light tan coat of fur. A long and very thick tail hung behind her, it's fur a dark black at the base and near the tip it grew a clean white. Her ears too, feline in appearance, were black near the base and mostly white reaching up to the tips. Long white hair flowed from the top of her head, reaching down behind her neck and past her shoulders. A black shirt like fabric hung over her unusually massive bossom. Her turquoise colored eyes peered out from behind a short nose, a slight smile visible across her lips.

"Welcome." Her soft voice echoed through the home, "I see Across has led you to us?"

"Y-You speak our language?" Kikata asked, removing her helmet.

"I have come across it before." She said, slowly lowering herself to a seated position.

Richard removed his own helmet, pinning it against his waist, "We actually followed him from space." Richard said, still hardly able to believe what he had seen.

Across suddenly jumped back, apparently he had not noticed the tiny human earlier. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, but he seemed to collect himself after a few moments. He said something towards the giant creature.

"He says he is sorry for the outburst, you will have to excuse him he is kind of shy." She laughed quietly, "I am sorry I did not introduce myself. I am Midnight, and this is my son Across." She said tipping her head towards the winged creature, "I will have to translate for him, if he ever gets up the courage to speak." She laughed again, "But back to why I imagine you have come here. I discovered your friends ship shortly after it landed, I could sense he was in danger so I collected him and brought him here, he is doing good."

"Yes I am." The male Neko spoke up, stepping away from Midnights side, "Fiscious, by the way, you can call me Fisc. I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality." He said with a nod before seating himself next to Kikata.


"I am glad then." Midnight said, "Will you be staying here?" She asked somewhat hopefully, "We do not receive many guests."

"Well...it will be another couple of days before our engines are ready to return home."

"Then stay with us! I assure you we are more than happy."

"That sounds fine with me." Fisc chimed in, "It seems rather peaceful here."

"Yes. It really is." Kikata said in an almost dreamlike state.

"Good thing you guys came though, I was worried I would be lost out here."

"And you managed to hit this planet." Richard added.

Midnight smiled, "Everything happens for a reason." She leaned back on her hands, her immense bossom lifting slightly as she let out a long, peaceful sigh.

"Could we move our ships closer? We will need to gather what we can from Fiscious's ship and put it on ours, I assume it will not be up and running any time soon, if at all."

"You may land your crafts where ever you like." Midnight said, her eyes remaning closed. They flickered open and focused on Across, she spoke to him softly, "He will help you carry what ever you need, he's got strong arms."

"I can see that." Kikata said, nearly blushing as she admired the strange yet somehow alluring creature. He seemed almsot mystical.

An hour later the party was off, preparing themselves for an extended stay in this new planet. It seemed almost impossible that it could have remained hidden for so long.