- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
All in the Mind http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=1801
"And... there!" Maggie quietly whispered as she lit a candle on her table, the low light complementing the bright Christmas tree she had set up a few feet away beautifully.

Several months have passed since Maggie was released from rehab for her drug addiction problems, and has since been able to live a relatively normal life, though she still was on medication.

"Oh, I can't wait to see what Santa brings me tonight!" She whispered to herself as she climbed into bed, and made herself comfortable.

Christmas was her favorite time of year, and she was glad that for the first time in many, she'd get to spend it sober, and with some money in her pocket.

Closing her eyes, Maggie thought of sugar plum fairies, candy canes, stockings, mistletoe, and all manner of things her mind could come up with. The smell of freshly baked cookies wafted in from her living room, where she had left a plate of them and a note. Sighing softly, she drifted into sleep so palpably content, she felt as if nothing could take her from this natural high.

Only a moment later, she was roused back into consciousness. The ground was cold and wet, and snowflakes seemed to be falling onto her.

Something wasn't as it should have been.

With a start, Maggie tried to sit up and take note of her surroundings.

She was stuck.

"WHY DID YOU DO IT?!" A deep, gruff voice shouted at her, knocking all other thoughts from her mind.

"D-Do what?" Maggie squeaked, frightened of the loudness and proximity of the voice.

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" The gruff voice growled in response.

Turning her head from side to side, Maggie confirmed her initial thoughts. She was definitely outside now, lying in the snow. She was still in her pajama top and bottom. She was no longer in her room, and there were several tiny creatures surrounding her.

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!"

Maggie stopped. Tiny creatures surrounding her? The other things were to be expected but this was something new. Turning her head to the side again she saw several tiny creatures surrounding her, one carrying what looked to be a crudely made megaphone. The creatures were humanoid in appearance, and all wore green coats with a white fur trim and funny shoes that curled at the toe.

"HIT HER!"

A jolt of electricity ran through Maggie, seemingly coming from her restraints and eliciting a scream from her.

"What?! What did I do?!" She shouted at her tiny captors.

"KILL SANTA!!" the gruff voiced creature shouted with such ferocity that Maggie was intimidated, knowing full well the creature was smaller than her thumb.

Then the words sank in.

"S-Santa is, Santa is dead?!" Maggie cried.

"WHY'D YOU DO IT! HIT HER AGAIN!"

Another jolt of electricity ran through her bindings and Maggie began to grow very angry. She had several pet peeves, but chief among them were being accused of things she hadn't done, and being shocked.

"I didn't do it!" Maggie shouted back through griting teeth as she began to struggle, hoping to free herself.

"HIS LAST KNOWN LOCATION WAS ABOVE YOUR HOME. THE FUCKING AUTOPSY CONFIRMED HE WAS POISONED AND RESIDUE FROM THE SAME COOKIES WERE DISCOVERED IN HIS BELLY AS IN THE PLATE YOU HAD LET OUT FOR HIM. WE KNOW YOU DID IT, NOW TELL US WHY! ARE YOU IN LEAGUE WITH KRAMPUS?" The gruff voice roared back angrily.

"STOP ACCUSING ME!" Maggie shouted back as loudly as she could, flailing her body wildly about hoping to break her restraints. "I CAN BREAK THESE CORDS!" She added back loudly, more to herself than to the creature she was talking to.

"YOUR RESTRAINTS ARE MADE FROM ELVEN ELECTRICAL WIRING. YOU CAN'T BREAK THOSE CORDS." The voice replied, confident and pleased.

A small snapping sound was heard and the entire crowd of elves froze in place.

Maggie's movements were furioous now, the little snap confirming that she could indeed break the cords and fueling her with the adrenaline she needed.

More of the snaps followed, and Maggie felt her range of movement increase with each one. She smiled at her captors as  they began to run in terror from their much larger captive.

Finally, with a series of snaps so close together they blended into a single smooth sound, Maggie was free. She stood, her bare feet cold in the snow, and watched the elves retreat.

"I DIDN'T KILL SANTA, BUT I CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR ALL OF YOU!" She angrily shouted and began flattening the minuscule elves under her cold soles, their bodies sinking into her soft sole for a second before crunching.

Only two forceful stomps later, the majority of the elves were dead, pressed into the cold snow by Maggie's feet. One of the few remaining ones had foolishly held onto the megaphone he was shouting into only a few minutes earlier, a fact he now tried to hide by putting his arms behind his back.

"I said I didn't do it, and I didn't do it." Maggie muttered as she lifted a bloodstained sole high above the loud elf. Stretching her toes a bit, she wanted this particular elfs doom to be something more memorable.

"STOP THIS AT ONCE!" A small, feminine voice cried out.

Stopping and looking around, Maggie saw the source. An older woman in a red outfit with white trimmed fur was calling out to Maggie.

"We just want to know WHY you killed my husband. After that you'll be returned to your home.

Quickly doing the mental math required, Maggie surmised that this lady was none other than Mrs. Claus, Santa's wife.

"I didn't do it." Maggie stated simply as she pivoted her foot at the heel and forcefully stomped out Mrs. Claus. She may have been the wife of one of her favorite people ever, but she still accused Maggie of something she hadn't done.

A blood curdling shriek from the ground surprised Maggie as she turned back to the elves who were now screaming as loudly as their deep, guttural voices would allow them too. Around her, the world began to change.

The snow she was standing in melted and gave way to dry, cracked land. The clouds in the sky swirled and gathered together forming a thick black blanket. The elves themselves began to age rapidly, their faces growing old and wrinkled, their clothes fading away. A series of quiet clatters signified the elves having been reduced to skeletons, that then began to crumble to dust as their clothes became nothing more than a few faded tatters.

Maggie killed Christmas.

A bright flash, and the scene melted away as Maggie wiped her eyes free of tears.

She was back in bed, alone again. It was still dark.

Jumping out of bed she ran for her bathroom and retrieved her bottle of Acme No Dream Sleeping Medication, only stopping to make sure Santa was not dead next to her Christmas tree.

He wasn't.