- Text Size +
- "You know, it's kind of a special honor to get invited to my place." August said with a smirk on her face.
- "Really? You seem like a nice, social girl. I thought you had loads of friends." Rachel was holding Augusts hand as they walked towards the docks in the outskirts of town. It had taken them some time to get there, but Rachel was so excited she had actually forgotten she was hungry, which was why they left for Augusts in the first place.
- "Well... I do have some friends, but it's mostly work related connections."
- "Sounds kind of like me then. I have some friends but it's mostly because we are in the same class or study group. Where exactly are we going?" August had led them into an industrial area with rows and rows of warehouses.
- "We're here!" She stopped in front of a warehouse with a red door. "The only one with a red door. In case you get lost it might be a good thing to remember" she said with a smile.
- "So you actually live in a warehose?" Other from the red door, it was a grey and dull building. Not at all what Rachel had imagined.
- "Yes... Loads of space, and I rented it for work to keep my supplies and stuff, but I figured I might as well use it for living, so I don't have to pay rent for two places!" She unlocked the door and held it open for Rachel. When they stepped inside they were met by a garden.
- "Wow... just... wow... It's even more beautiful than the park."
- "I know! I use the space to store and grow plants and trees for the private customers. They like to spend a bit more on exclusive things than the city wants for their parks. Things were kind of slow in here but once I got permission to install the sunroof things really got interesting. I'd love to have an outdoors park though, but I can't afford one in the city."
- "This place is huge as it is. Three stories high at least! You could probably charge people to come in here an stroll around."
- "Nah... It's to messy. It's my workspace. I don't want people to see it like this. It's just temporary arrangements. I can't grow things for real in here. Concrete floor and all." Rachel noticed that all the trees and bushes were planted in huge bags and all the flowers stood in pots. It was still a beautiful sight, and it smelled great. August scurried around and looked at some of the plants.
- "Soo... Where do you sleep?"
- "Way off in the back are some office areas. I kind of made that into my home."
- "If I were you I'd sleep out here. It must look great in starlight."
- "That would be nice except for the rain."
- "But we are inside, how could it rain?" August looked at Rachel with a wide smile.
- "You keep forgetting I can use magic."
- "Right... sorry about that. It's a huge adjustment for me."
- "I don't blame you. Turn that knob over there and I'll show you some magic." She pointed at something that looked like a fire hydrant. Rachel went over there and turned the knob and sprinklers just under the roof started spraying water all over the room except for where Rachel stood. "See? Magic!" August laughed. "Come here and look!"
- "You just want me to get wet. Besides... I'm a little dissapointed in you."
- "Aw... you're not happy with my magic? I can see that you're smiling. So come here now... please?" Rachel reluctantly went from her safe spot by the hydrant into the indoors rain. She was in awe, and she immideatly understood why August wanted to show her this. The water was cool yet not cold, so she didn't really mind being wet and the sight was something else. The spray of water was all over the room and when the sun hit through the roof thousands of tiny rainbows showed all around the girls.

They stood in the artificial rain for a while and watched. Sometimes their eyes met and they both blushed and started to look elsewhere, but it didn't take long before their eyes met again. Suddenly Rachels stomach made a huge growl.
- "Oh! I think someone's hungry" August said laughing until her own stomach made the same noise, and then it was Rachels turn to laugh.
- "Why don't you lead the way to the kitchen so we can grab something to eat?"
- "Let's grab some towels first, don't you think? I'm soaked through." August went towards the door again, and Rachel saw a spiral staircase she hadn't noticed before. They climbed the stairs to the second floor and went towards the back of the room. Rachel saw even more flowers up here, hanging from the ceeling and on tables, simply everywhere.
- "It's hard to get how many flowers there is in here."
- "I grow them all by myself. I need some time to prepare the flowers for the next season before I can plant them. And I have a couple of clients so it adds up to a lot of flowers."
- "I saw that the stairs go even higher. What's up there?" Rachel pointed towards what looked like the top room and August stopped in her tracks and turned suddenly.
- "You have to trust me on this: Please, never ever go up there. I'm not kidding." Rachel was taken aback by the sudden seriousness.
- "Okay, sure..." she said confused. "I won't." August gave her a hug.
- "Up there is a fairy garden. I wish I could show it to you but it has a natural defence that I can't turn off. It won't allow humans close to it."
- "I get it, I won't go up there. Big danger."
- "Oh I could never forgive myself if you came in harms way because of me." Rachel took Augusts shoulders and looked her in the eyes.
- "I won't do it. I'm glad you told me instead of keeping it a secret."
- "I was kind of hoping you wouldn't notice it at all so I wouldn't have to tell you. It's one of the defences it applys. It repells humans, and no one has ever noticed it before. I was suprised when you did." The girls started walking again. They passed the wall in the back and suddenly everything got much darker. There was now a regular roof and some rooms. August walked into one of them and Rachel followed. It was Augusts bedroom.
- "Wow... I didn't expect to get in here so soon." Rachel said and winked at August who had started to remove her wet clothes. "And I get a show too."
- "Oh susch you!" August said in mock anger. "It's nothing you haven't seen before. Besides, I get as much show from you if you want dry clothes."
- "Dang it... didn't think that far ahead." They started to giggle and soon they were both swept in dry towels and headed for the kitchen. They decided upon heating some leftovers just to get the food fast. Rachel was kind of suprised when she saw that there was meat in the food.
- "We eat very much like you. We don't need meat to survive, but many of us eat it out of old habits or because we like it." August explained.
- "I guess it was kind of naive of me to think you were all vegitarians." August smirked.
- "Why would you think of us as vegiterians if you didn't believe we existed?" Rachel laughed nervously.
- "True... you have a point."
- "I can tell you something else if you want to, but I don't want it to scare you."
- "You do know that by saying it like so you automaticly scare the one you're talking to, right?" Rachel giggled and shifted in her seat.
- "Yeah, you are absolutley right... I probably shouldn't tell it."
- "But now you've made me curious! I want to hear it now, even if it's scary."
- "You sure?"
- "Not really, but I want to hear it now..."
- "Okay... here goes. It used to be common practice for fairys to eat humans."
- "Wow... That wasn't as scary as I thought." August shot Rachel a sharp look.
- "You do realize that I'm a fairy?"
- "Yes, but you show no signs of wanting to eat me. And you said it used to be, not that it is common."
- "I like that you think like that." August said with a smile. "I wouldn't eat you of course, but I bet if I did, you would taste delicious."
- "Not sure that is a compliment, but thank you."
- "Of course it's a compliment."
- "Even if you meant it nicely, I don't like the idea of you chewing on me."
- "Oh, there is no chewing involved when eating humans. They get eaten whole." August said in a very casual way that stunned Rachel a bit.
- "But... Fairys are small... and humans big."
- "You still haven't learned? How big am I?"
- "Well, you can change size, but we are still the same height. You couldn't eat me whole. Unless you can unhinge your jaw or something."
- "Or get bigger."
- "You can get bigger?"
- "Yes I can, silly... You thought human sized was the biggest a fairy could do?" August gave Rachel a very sincere look.
- "I never thought about it actually... But I guess it makes sense. But didn't you say fairys don't like to change their size?"
- "That I did... That's why humans are best eaten when shrunk to about the size of a thumb." Rachel suddenly felt worried about the fact that August knew so much about eating humans, and yet she found it very interesting.
- "Was it some kind of sport to eat humans?"
- "No." August looked baffled. "Why would it be a sport?"
- "Well... I just thought... If you shrink a human to about the size of a fairy thumb, there can't be much meat. You wouldn't get full unless you ate a whole lot of them."
- "I never understood it myself, but those who used to eat humans told us that they were full for months. Like eating a full size human and digesting it slowly."
- "Wow... I can see how that would be practical. I feel sorry for the humans though... being digested slowly like that."
- "As I understood it, once swallowed, the humans didn't feel a thing. Some cultures even had it as one of the highest honors to be offered to fairys."
- "I never heard anything like that in history class." Rachel said scratching her legs.
- "That is what my grandmother told me." The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

Both girls had a lot on their minds. The strange topic over dinner had left them speachless staring at the empty plates.
- "Let's see if we could find any clothes, shall we?" August suggested suddenly.
- "Okay, sure." They went back into the bedroom and Rachel threw herself on the bed while August rummaged through her closet.
- "Oh, the jeans that I borrowed earlier. You promised I would get to see you in them."
- "Aren't those wet from the sprinkerls?"
- "No I went home and changed clothes when I left your place. Didn't want to get your favorite jeans dirty." August threw the pants at Rachel. "Put them on!" she ordered.
- "Don't I get any underwear?" Rachel asked timidly.
- "That dresser over there should have something. Have a look and pick out something sexy."
- "I thought you wanted me in the jeans."
- "Yes, but if you wear something sexy, you will feel sexy, and thus, you will look better in your jeans." Rachel smiled at that idea, and went to look in the dresser. She quickly found a bra and some panties that she liked. She put them on and the jeans and paraded in front of August who whistled at her.
- "Aw... you're making me blush from the attention here." Rachel hid her face in her hands so August wouldn't see.
- "Oh come on... You look stunning." August grabbed Rachel by the shoulders and pushed her down on the bed and then climbed on top of her.
- "You just got me into the clothes, and now you act like you want to get me out of them..." Rachel said in the teasiest voice she could muster up, but it wasn't all that easy to sound cocky when you had a nude woman on top of you. Rachels eyes betrayed her by looking all over Augusts body.
- "I can see that you don't object. Besides, didn't you want to cuddle all day just this morning?"
- "What about your work?"
- "I'm already done for today... I just had some minor oversights to do." August was already unbuttoning the jeans, and she pulled them down a bit. Rachels mind was a bit torn. She wanted this, all of this. She had made a really great connection to someone here, and she didn't want to blow it by going to fast. "Look... all we'd do is cuddle... You don't have to worry about anything."
- "It's amazing how you get in my head... and a bit scary. Are you sure you can't read minds?"
- "I promise you I can't, but I'll tell you this. Fairys are very observant, and your face is just full of expressions that you have no control over. I can see that you like me, but I can also see that something is worrying you."
- "You really make me feel a disadvantage here..." August looked kind of sad and began to slide off from Rachel, but Rachel grabbed her by the hips and stopped her. "Now don't be sad... I really like you. I just feel like an open book to you." Rachel reached out and pulled August down in a hug.
- "We come from different places... Your kind have been on top of the foodchain for so long you have forgotten what it's like to be hunted. Your senses are kind of numb from the flow you humans have created for yourselves, whereas us fairys have a very keen sense of perception to stay out of trouble as much as possible. You should have seen me when I first came to the city. I was a wreck, and I didn't understand anything... So I studied human behaviour... Perhaps a little too much. I really don't want you to feel like that... Like I can take advantage of you." Rachel started kissing Augusts neck.
- "I'm sorry... It's just that I haven't let anyone in for so long, and you just swept me off my feet... But this is good... I said I wanted to get to know you." She lifted August a bit and looked her in the eyes. "Let's get under the covers and cuddle." Augusts face broke out in a small smile, and the girls got under the covers and started talking. Rachel had never smiled for so long before. She and August were taking turns in telling their life stories, but sometimes they just stopped talking and just cuddled. Suddenly August got up.
- "The plants should have gotten enough water by now so I'll just go turn of the sprinklers, but I'll be back in a second."

August moved swiftly out of the room and left Rachel with her own thoughts for a while. She heard August rustling about, and then it got all quiet when the water stopped pouring. Hearing all that August had to say was making her feel all warm inside. Part of it was all the cuddling, but there was more to this. This was someone she was really interested in, and she had never really felt this strongly about getting to know another person. Her mind was spinning with thoughts, and somwhere deep inside her she started thinking 'How could I ever be with someone normal after this? How boring they would seem...'. August peeked back in the room and she stood and watched while Rachel was getting deeper inside her own head until she finally noticed August in the doorway.
- "How long were you standing there?" she said with suprise in her voice.
- "Long enough..." August said playfully. "What were you thinking about?"
- "Oh... this and that..." Rachel said and patted the bed beside her. August trotted in quickly and sat down.
- "Do tell." August said and placed a kiss on Rachels lips.
- "I was thinking... I want you... to shrink me..."