- Text Size +
Rachels mind had snapped back to it's normal gears and this weekend suddenly seemed like a nice warm dream that abruptly ended when August had slammed the door. Sobering up Rachel suddenly felt nude. Natural for a girl that didn't wear clothes, but as long as she was in the company of August trying on her clothes, Rachel hadn't felt the need to get dressed, a need that suddenly surfaced. She looked at the piles of clothes around her, but she didn't find anything she liked. She decided to hop in the shower instead.

The water running over her body made the previous night feel even more distant. Augusts touch had been electrical, but Rachels own hands didn't feel that special. The shower was nice however. The warm water streaming over her body made Rachel feel less alone. The whole thing was weird to Rachel still. Rachel had never been that into guys, and not really girls either. The boyfriends she had in the past was just some kind of auto pilot response. She hadn't agreed on being a girlfriend because she needed it, it was just convinient. She had never been seduced by a girl, or at least not that obvious that August had made it. And August somehow pulled it off. She had awakened something inside Rachel. All those other things that Rachel was supposed to focus on didn't seem to matter as much now. Maybe it was just a crush, but Rachel already missed August, and she was beginning to belive it all had been a dream because of the way she mysteriously left. In fact, she kind of expected her favorite pants to still be in one of the piles of clothes in the room, and that last night had been some kind of illusion her mind had created from neglecting her physical needs for so long.

She spent almost to much time in the shower, and when she got out her skin had started to wrinkle from the moist. Once dry she threw herself onto the bed and took deep breath. The smell of August was still there, and images of the girl popped into her mind. It was a nice crisp smell. It made her think of clear blue skies... Red and yellow and brown leaves on the trees... A cold breeze sweeping in over a meadow... Rachel suddenly felt like taking a walk to the park. Some fresh air might to her good. She wanted to find August again, but her mind was hazy, and a long walk might clear her thoughts might help.

There were some people out and about in the streets, but it wasn't crowded. Definetly not that much cars out because the air was crisp. When Rachel finally got to the park the air was even cleaner. It felt like stepping out into a deep forest. It was an relaxing atmosphere. Rachel found a bench and sat down. The peace and quiet of this park was amazing. She actually found it hard to believe she was in a city, almost downtown. The trees protected her from the city. No sounds of traffic or pedestrians strolling around talking in cellphones. Nature surrounded her.

- "I told you that you wouldn't need an adress or a phone number to find me". Rachel shriked and flew of the bench where August sat laughing. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! Are you okay?" She reached out and grabbed Rachels arm.
- "I'm alright. I guess I was a little bit to relaxed there."
- "Yeah... I could sort of see that." August had stopped laughing, but her face was covered with a glowing smile.
- "I thought you were supposed to be at work."
- "This is my work." She reached into her pocket and took out a card that she gave to Rachel.
- "August West - Landscape Architecture and Gardening" Rachel read out loud.
- "Yes. Under employment of the city, I'm in charge of this here park and I do some other work for homeowners as well."
- "Wow... You really went all out on your dream."
- "Of course. If you really wanted to do something you'd do it, wouldn't you?". Rachel nodded.
- "You have really done a great job here."

The girls leaned back on the bench for a while. August sitting and staring at something in the distance. Rachel moved closer to her and leaned on her shoulder. August tilted her head so it rested on Rachels and they sat in silence for a while, holding hands.
- "Can you feel it?" August said suddenly. "Winter is coming."
- "You can feel it?"
- "Yes... We depend on knowledge of the weather. Our jobs get easier if we are able to prepare. I can tell a week in advance if a rain is coming. The same with drought, heatwaves or coldfronts..."
- "No offence, but I keep forgetting what you are..."
- "None taken. It actually makes me kind of glad."
- "How come?"
- "You thinking of me as human even though you know I'm a fairy must mean that I'm pretty convincing as a human." August looked at Rachel and their eyes met for a brief moment.
- "I'd love to know you better... As a person. I don't care what you are". Augusts face lit up and Rachel hoped that was a sign that August was feeling the same way.
- "Let's start with lunch then. I'm starving since we skipped breakfast!"
- "Sure. Where do you want to go?"
- "How about my place?" August said and placed a gentle kiss on the back of Rachels hand.