- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

*sings* For the first time in forever

  I update this story

  For the first time in forever

  I felt inspired to write again ! 

Yeah, I really apologize for this. If this gives you some context, in the past 3 years I got married AND divorced and moved twice. Now things are a bit more stable, so I hope to update more. Hope you like!

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

For the following three months, nothing much happened, though Kate and Mark's happiness levels rose significantly. Kate would go to school and tell Mark everything that had happened there when she got back home She was still bullied regularly, but having ears that actually listen to her was soothing in a way Kate couldn't even put into words.


However, one thing was bugging the student's mind. Coming back home that day sad and confused, Mark knew exactly what happened.


"Again?" Mark asked rethorically.


"What do you think."


"It's the sixth time this month I think?"


"Eighth time, in fact", Kate responded, throwing a familiar-looking piece of paper on the table in Mark's direction.


Mark looked at the piece of paper as large as he is. It read the same two words as usual: "Sorry!!!! - Delilah".

"I just don't know what to think, Mark... She hurt me more than any of the friends I've had in my life... Should I forgive her?"


"I don't know if I'm the most qualified to advise you about that."


Kate smiled.


"Oh, I think you are. You're my best friend."


Mark was at a loss of what to say. He ended up not saying anything, but part of him was truly moved by what she said. This voice in his head was saying, in disbelief, "...  We're friends?"


The tiny man thought for a moment as Kate's giant index finger stroked his back. He was being ridiculous. They have been talking every night for the past 3 months, of course they were friends! "I guess my brain isn't good at picking up the signs?" he pondered internally.


"Mark? You okay?"

"... Yeah, yeah, sorry, lost my train of thought. Anyway, I think the best thing is to trust your gut. Do you want to give her another chance?"


"... Yes." Kate sighed.


"Do you trust her?"


"I don't know..."


"Don't ask your head. Ask your heart. Do you trust her?"


The giantess' eyes filled with tears.


"I... don't. But I want to! I want my friend back. I'd do anything... If only there was a way to know if she's sincere or not without risking..."


"Humiliation," concluded Mark.


Kate cried for a few minutes. When she stopped, Mark started speaking again in an hesitant tone. He stood up to make himself look more confident, which failed miserably both due of his size and because his tissue loincloth fell to his feet as soon as he stood up. He considered picking it up, but decided against it. He wanted to be as vulnerable as possible with his friend, perhaps to compensate the fact that he was about to reveal that he sort of lied to her. Naked as the day he was born, he stepped over his loincloth and looked at his friend in the eye.


"You know, Kate, there might be a way to test her trustworthiness. There's... something I haven't told you... There is a way to break my curse. Well, not for me, I made sure nothing could get me back to normal size... But I am able to do something to help you."


"... I'm listening," Kate said with a hint of fear in her voice.


"... I can... give my curse to someone else. Make them shrink down to my size."