- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Collaboration between me and a friend, any constructive criticism is appreciated.
"She's a real beaut' inn't she?" Edward sighed, his horse loping forwards slowly.

"Lookin' at her picture isn't gonna make us arrive any faster Mr. Madison. Let's just be patient, she'll fall for you soon enough." Hampton, Edward's well spoken assistant replied.

"Yeah yeah yeah..." Edward sighed as he folded the crumpled picture and slipped it back into his coat pocket.

Hampton sighed, "Oh come now Mr. Madison, there's no way she'll be able to resist you."

Smiling to himself, Edward inhaled deeply, the buttons on his vest straining from the pressure.

"You're right Hampton." Edward replied with pride. "I can take my lovely out of this here dusty wasteland and set'er up right at my plantation house. Why, she'd have to be clear crazy to turn me down with all I can offer." He boasted, patting his belly.

"Yessir Mr. Madison sir, all you can offer." Hampton replied loyally.

"A nice big home, hundreds of workers to keep both the fields and our home clean, she won't have to lift a finger, a life a luxury it is!" Edward said.

"Yessir Mr. Madison, life o' luxury." Hampton replied with a smile.

"All the talk 'bout this girl says she's unattainable, a true gem, a real prize, imagine the look on her face when she lays eyes on me." Edward thought aloud.

"Yessir Mr. Madison sir, unattainable is what they've been sayin', but she probably never had nobody like you offerin'" Hampton laughed.

Edward's eyes grew dark as he turned his head down. "I said I'm gonna git'er when I left home. I can't have my reputation ruined by some silly girl who would look at all I have an' still refuse. D'ya have our backup plan memorized Hampton?" Edward asked, his voice completely serious.

Hampton opened his own coat and Edward clearly saw a revolver sticking from the inside pocket.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that Hampton. In a court of law it'd be my word against hers, and a man of my influence has a powerful word. But I'd really rather not put a future wife through that." Edward said straight-faced, before his face lit up again. "By that same token, I almost hope she does put a bit of a fight! I do love a good challenge" Edward jovially added.

"Yessir Mr. Madison sir, good challenge is never a bad thing sir." Hampton answered wistfully as he squinted his eyes. "Mr. Madison sir, it looks like we're almost there." he added with a smile.

Shielding the sun from his eyes with an outstretched hand, Edward's eyes became slits as he looked forward and could just see the edge of a small, dusty town.

A great smile crossed Edward's face as he slapped his knee. "Haha! So it is Hampton! Hyaa!" he shouted and brought his horse into a full gallop.

Following suit, Hampton sent his horse forward and the pair reached the outskirts in no less than half an hour. The horses slowed back to a plodding walk as they saw they were being approached by a young man in a wide brimmed hat.

"Hampton." Edward signaled and Hampton slipped off his own horse quickly.

The young man approaching looked as if he spent all his free time outside. His skin had a fine layer of dust on it and his hat seemed to be weighed down in the front with all the dirt that had gathered on it. The only thing on the filthy man that seemed clean was an incredibly shiny, well kept badge he had pinned to his chest.

"Hello there strangers, and welcome to our humble town!" He greeted cheerfully as he carefully looked over the pair. Seeing nothing that he would considering dangerous immediately, he quickly continued, "Name's Luke, I'm the actin' Deputy while the Sheriff is sick. Anythin' in particular I can help you with?" He asked.

If it were possible, Edward's smile would have grown even greater at the offer.

"Why yes boy, name's Edward Madison, perhaps you've heard of me?" Edward began boastfully.

"Can't say I ha-" Luke began but was quickly cut off.

"Now listen boy, I'm a very rich and very powerful man where I come from, and I've been lookin' for a woman to take as my wife for quite some time." He said while reaching into his coat.

"Tha's right Mr. Luke sir, we've come lookin for someone specific." Hampton chimed in.

Having finally retrieved the crumpled paper, Edward handed it to Luke.

"I've heard quite a few things about the woman in this here picture, heard she's perfect for someone like me who prides himself in the things he has." Edward chuckled. "People have claimed her as being impossible to please, but when I'm sue she gets a good look at all I have to offer," Edward paused to dust off his coat. "Well, I'm sure I can bring results. Would ya happen to know where we can find her?"

Looking over the picture, Luke had to suppress his laughter at the prideful man and his lackey's request. He knew the girl in the picture well, everyone in town did, but the rumors about her were right, no man had been able to prove themselves worthy, and this man didn't seem any different.

"Yes, I know this girl. Her name's Jamie." Luke started.

"Jamie? Oh well that's certainly a shame, a woman like this needs a much more... feminine name. Maybe Jamielynne or something to that effect." Edward interrupted, daydreaming.

Keeping a straight face as best he could, Luke continued. "But she's turned down every man she's met, are you sure you'd like me to get her?" Luke asked.

"Sure I'm sure boy!" Edward added and signaled to the horse Hampton had been on. "Why, I even brought her a lovely bit of transportation! I fully intend to make this girl my wife you know!" Edward added suspiciously, feeling as if the deputy didn't want to do as he asked.

Luke sighed. "Alrighty then Mr. Edward, I'll go find her for you, but as a word of advice, she's a bit... well, shy. So could you turn and face the other direction, when I've returned with her I'll introduce the two o' ya? Sound good?" he said as he handed the picture back to Edward.

"Peachy!" Edward replied happily as he motioned for his horse to turn around. "Hampton, we're men of our words are we not? I can assure you that we won't lay eyes on the girl until she's ready!"

"Yessir Mr. Madison sir, men of our words!" Hampton laughed in agreement.

"Alrighty then." Luke managed to say. "She'll with ya shortly."

Time passed all too slowly with nothing to look at but the dusty roads they had taken to get to town. The rare tumbleweed also blew past but the view was mostly unchanged. If Edward's infectious excitement weren't so great, it would've been maddening.

"Any moment now Hampton!" Edward nearly shouted, rubbing his hands together.

"Yessir any moment now Mr. Madison." Hampton added with a quick nod.

Edward sat on his horse, combing back his hair with one hand as his horse seemed to shift about beneath him. Looking downward, he saw that the horse was no longer moving. Figuring the horse was just being restless he brushed its mane when the ground rumbled beneath him and the horse whinnied in surprise.

"Hampton! What on Earth was that?!" Edward asked worriedly.

Chuckling to himself, Hampton replied, "No sir nothing to worry about Mr. Madison sir, prob'ly just an earthquake. We don't get 'em back home but things could be very different 'round here."

"Earthquakes?" Edward asked in shock. "My, the girl must live in fear every day, surely she longs for an earthquake-free environment, and I can provide that much!"

Edward couldn't help but laugh at himself again as things seemed to continue going in his favor, until the ground shook hard enough to nearly knock him off his horse. Before he could attempt to calm down his horse however, Edward saw an enormous shadow stretch overhead, accompanied by the sing-song voice of the deputy.

"Mr. Madison, feel free to turn around and meet Jamie!" Luke announced loudly.

Turning his horse around slowly, Edward found himself looking upon the woman he had traveled so far to claim as his own.

Or rather,  her feet.

An enormous woman stood before him and as Edward's eyes traced up her impossibly huge body he saw her waving down to him with a smile on her face.

"Hello. I'm Jamie." She said plainly despite her smile.

All the color drained from Edward's face as he shakily reached into his coat pocket to retrieve the crumpled picture he had been keeping. Unfolding it quickly he looked up at the face of the giantess and compared it with his picture.

Sure enough, they matched.

Steeling his nerves, Edward knew he couldn't show weakness in front of his future wife. He was a man after all and he had to make himself appear stronger than the fairer sex. If he wanted to walk away with his pride intact and a subservient wife, he'd steel his nerves.

"Well you certainly are a bit taller than I expected!" He shouted and followed it up with a nervous, but still very loud laugh. "The name's Edward Madison!" he continued. "Perhaps you've heard of me?"

"'Fraid not." Jamie boomed overhead, the volume stopping any chance Edward had of interrupting her.

"Haha! Well, it's no problem there litt-err, Miss! I'm only the wealthiest, most powerful man next to the governor in all o' the great state o' Texas!" Edward shouted. "And I've heard your pretty little head doesn't have a husband, and I've been lookin for a wife who can do all her wifely duties!" He added before smirking widely.

"And so here I am! I can offer you a life of luxury you've never experienced before! A strapping man like me and the hundreds of servants can see to every facet of your life!"

"Oh mah, that certainly is impressive." Jamie drawled, her voice thick with sarcasm.

Not one to be let down by her response, Edward continued. "And so my sweet Jamie, I had planned allowing you use of a spare horse, but it doesn't look like that will be possible. Regardless, I am here to take you back to  Texas with me! I'm here to take you out of this old dusty place, sweep you off your feet, if you will!"

Jamie's great big eyes grew wide at his last statement and a tiny, almost unnoticeable grin spread across her lips. "You've come to sweep me offa my feet?" She asked in fake curiosity. "Well, by all means let's go!" She added, suppressing a laugh.

And with that Jamie lifted one her imposing bare feet off the ground slightly and slid it forward until it was right next to Edward and his horse. Her feet were within arms length of the tiny man on his tiny horse and Jamie wiggled her big toe slightly, trying to extend it further.

"Well. I'm waitin'." Jamie laughed. "I'm ready to be swept offa my feet and ride into the sunset with you!"

Edward's face began to glow a bright red. He never allowed anyone to make a fool of him, much less some woman who thought of herself as being high and mighty because of her height.

"Now you listen here missie! I've come a long way to get here and I don't intend for this trip to be a waste! Now I am a man, and as a man you should listen to what I say, when I say it!" Edward yelled, his volume increasing with every word.

"Well Mr. Madison I hate to tell you this but times are changin'. I might've not had a choice in the past, but these days I feel I can decline your generous offer, and stay here in the great settlement of Oklahoma." Jamie explained slowly.

Edward was not used to being told, "no". All his life he had been given everything he ever wanted or needed, and he reacted the only way he knew how, seeing as it was a habit he had never grown out of. He simply grew angrier.

"Now you listen here! I've come for a wife and I don't plan on leaving without one! I am a man and you are a woman, and quite frankly, I don't give a damn how big you are, because you are still nothing but a woman at the end of the day!" Edward screamed as Hampton covered his ears.

"Gender is all that matters to you innit? The fact that I'm bigger, stronger, faster, and can do anythin' a man prides himself on doing, but much faster doesn't matter?" Jamie smiled with a knowing grin. "Why if we were ta get married, it'd be YOU that would play the role of the wife! You'd be useless next to what I can do!"

All hints of the polite, well-dressed man Edward had once been had faded away as his face became similar to an overheating locomotive engine, minus the steam. He opened his mouth to scream at Jamie's lack of respect but her huge big toe thrust forward and tapped his horse roughly from behind.

"Now, I suggest you leave." Jamie said, and punctuated it with a fierce ground shattering stomp.

Both horses whinnied and galloped away from the enormous pair of feet in fear, leaving Hampton behind to run as fast he could in an attempt to catch up.

Jamie watched the group run for several minutes and once she felt they had traveled far enough turned to see Luke at her feet with a smile so big she could easily see it even from her height. They stared at each other for several seconds before they both seemed to slap their knees and double over in laughter.

"That was great Jamie! You shoulda seen their faces! It was priceless!" Luke said between laughs.

"Oh I saw!" Jamie replied. "His face was redder 'n a tomato!"

"Yes yes, it was all very funny." A female voice called it, drawing both their attention into it's direction.

"Oh, hi Clara, how've ya been?" Jamie asked with a smile.

"Just fine Jamie, but didn't you say you wanted to go hang out by the stream for a bit?" Clara asked, almost annoyed.

Jamie rubbed the back of her head. "Uh... yeah, I was on my way but LUKE here called me back to take care o-"

"Yes yes, another suitor, Jamie get's all the suitors, too bad none of 'em are any good." Clara interrupted teasingly.

Smiling, Jamie said she was sorry at last, and the two left for their normal meetup spot, a small stream passing through the dusty plains.

When alone with Clara, Jamie felt as if she could be much more of herself, and she  sighed, dusting off one of her pant legs before taking a seat at the streams edge. Clara followed suit, but chose to lay on her side at the waters edge, dipping a finger into it and twirling as the fish scattered about in surprise.

"I don't much see the point of all this commotion.. at least about me. Specially the idea of gettin' all dolled up so a bunch of dandies can gawk, slack jawed at me painted up like a great big Christmas tree. Worse 'nuff I cant find enough folk in town to give me a decent haircut. Don't know how you can stand it. Keeps gettin' in my eyes." She sighed and blew some of her fiery red hair aside.

Clara wasn't paying as much attention however, as she found herself in an unusual, but not unfamiliar spot. Jamie had moved her feet after she lay down. Not so she lay between them, but rather, right behind her enormous toes, which was more than a little unusual for her. She'd never thought to really question it, but she was beginning to realize is that the behavior seemed to targeted specifically to her. No one else was privy to this kind of 'special treatment', as she and Jamie had been best friends all their life. Clara hated to admit that she'd gotten kind of used to the view of Jamie's toes, usually coupled with a faint layer of dirt or sand, and on an unlucky day for her, rather sweaty, though at least this time they were mostly clean. Still, they enthusiastically wiggled and flexed in her face while Jamie spoke, before she finally had it in her to try and peak out from behind them.

"I... well, I'm sure it wont be all that bad, you know. Its not like you're the focus of the gathering."

"I have a very hard time not bein' the focus of.. well, just about anything I happen to be around at the time. Its not like I'm an attention hog" She sighed

"Well still... given your.. condition"

"Right. Bein' the biggest freak anyone ever did see!"

"No! I didn't mean it like that at all! You should know better by now"

Jamie shorted, laughing "It's alright, I'm just teasin' ya. A bit late for me to be sensitive about this sort of thing, now ain't it?"

Clara sighed with a bit of relief "I suppose... you've been handling all of this a lot better than I could've. I bet most people simply wouldn't be able to deal with being so.. different from everyone else, but its made you stronger, tougher. Maybe not exactly a bastion of femininity/" She laughed, and gently rested a hand on the underside of Jamie's little toe, which had been flexing happily along with the others, but the whole of her foot stopped dead at the touch. Jamie blinked for a moment, the faintest blush coming to her enormous cheeks, but trying to pass it off as nothing, flexed her toe against Clara's hand expecting her to let go, but finding she didn't. Clara simply began to gently rub her hand along it, and even slightly in between, humming to herself.

"G-gosh now Clara, you seem to be a bit interested in my big ol' foot all of a sudden." She nodded, trying to give a wry smirk. "See somethin' you like?" She said sarcastically.

"Well, these enormous, rugged trains you insist on carrying yourself around on all the time -do- happen to be the majority of you I come in contact with. Honestly, I can recall being left down at your toes at your birthday even ten years ago, while all the other girls got to sit amongst your pockets, shoulders and hair. You know, if I didn't know no better, I'd think you didn't like me, or even had some kind of personal grudge against me, despite all we've been through"

"Clara, now that's just silly. You know that, well, there's no one here I trust more than you." Jamie did her best to say in a consoling tone.. only to twitch as she felt a delicate but extremely tickling sensation, glancing downward at her foot to nearly jump in shock, finding Clara climbing onto her toes from the underside, spreading them to get a better look at her. "W-wha!?"

"Well, if this isn't dislike, then what is it?"

Jamie blushed, biting her lip.

"And why oh why are you getting so touchy about your feet? You've had little folk in far more compromising positions before, haven't you?"

"Well... I s'pose these big feet of mine don't exactly come in contact with living things that often.. and well, seeing that everything in the world is, literally, pretty far below me, they're basically my only lifeline to the world. I don't go stompin' stuff down as often as folk might think, you know. So I guess, well... they're kind of a sensitive spot. Not that the ol' girls ain't tough, but, well, maybe its more of a personal thing. Still... its a bit strange havin' somebody crawl up on em... but not bad." She nodded

"Well that's well and good, but I don't see why I get a smelly face full of em every time we meet up in private." Clara teased as she now stood between Jamie's toes, while they rested upright in front of her. Leaning against one of them, she made herself more comfortable.

"What do you expect me to say?" She sighed, hesitating a moment before she began to speak again. "Its obvious well, you're important to me, and I guess its a way that, without bein' vulgar, I can.. you know, keep you close, personal. Heck, gettin' to see a side of me no one else gets to see, when folks can see me from the next county on a clear day. I know it ain't exactly pretty, but.. well.. its me." She softly, shyly splayed them around her. Clara moved to stand more upright, but kept a palm against the side of an enormous toe.

"So all of this foot business is just a misguided attempt of yours at a display of affection then?"

"Well.... yeah" Jamie was nervously fidgeting already. She certainly did her best to be friendly to the townsfolk, or at least those who were nice to her, or she considered friends or kin... but this somehow felt a bit more intimate than she was used to. But nothing would've prepared her for what Clara did next.

Clara had been rather passive despite perching herself between Jamie's enormous toes, but rather suddenly turned to face Jamie's big toe, lean against it, and quickly kissed it. Jamie felt like her heart had just stopped in her chest, staring in complete shock for a few silent seconds that seemed like hours to her.

"Really now, don't look so surprised. Your strange show of affection is by having me near your feet, so I figured I'd show you affection the way us regular people do so." Clara gave a bit of a cocky smile, softly petting the little spot she had just kissed, only for Jamie's toes to softly clench in response as she looked more sheepish than someone as big as her had any business being.

"Well... I guess it is a rather sweet way of doin so. Even with that little rant of mine earlier I didn't think it made em any prettier... but I guess I kinda like the attention... so.. thanks, Clara" She grinned, squeezing her toes together, and pinching Clara in between, who was a bit taken  by surprise as well. "Now you'd better watch out missy. I could get used to havin' you in there. Its kinda comfy" She laughed, before leaning her foot downward to tough toe to the earth, and parting her toes enough to drop Clara on the ground, who laughed, brushing herself off. "You know... it all just makes me feel this whole event is a big hopeless mess." Jamie suddenly scooped a palm down by her feet, scooping up Clara into it in a more forward fashion than she ever had previously, and holding her before her face, looking down at her. "Any work those gals could do on my dirty mug... I could never look half as lovely as you."

Clara's gaze met hers briefly, confused, though quickly shutting her eyes and turning away, cheeks flustered. "Jamie... I.."

A lovely moment between friends was swiftly broken up by the sound of someone approaching quickly. Jamie's massive ears caught it a few moments before Clara's and looking downward towards the road from town, she spotted Luke, on horseback, shouting for her. She sighed, setting Clara behind her ear as she shifted onto her knees, leaning downward to face him. "What are you doin' makin' such a ruckus while we're tryin' to have a private conversation, eh?" Before he could respond, she plucked him off his horse, and rather roughly dangled him in front of her face.

Luke could barely breath, from the surprise, and the dizziness of being yanked around so suddenly. "S-sorry Jamie." He managed to get out between pants. "It's just that well... news. Official United States business that is... P-president Roosevelt. It seems like we were a bit mistaken about his visit. He'll be stoppin' by tonight!"

"T-tonight!?" Clara and Jamie said in unison, and in about the same level of shock. Jamie was the first to continue. "B-but what about all this fancyin' up we've been goin' on and on about for weeks? We've spent so much time preparin', and gettin' the gals ready to well.. prepare me up, and all just for me to come lookin' like a shaggy dog when the big day arrives?" She grit her teeth, looking irritated. "I may not be the fondest person to the idea myself, but after all we've been through.. after all the hard work put into this mess, I'd bury the poor sap who got his dates mixed up to his neck for a week."

Luke swallowed, tugging on his collar with what little movement he could afford in Jamie's grasp. "W-well... maybe not a total waste. Its been the talk of the town all day, what to do an all. W-we should still be able to provide presidential accommodations, food and entertainment an the like.. and well.. the gals have agreed to do whatever is necessary to pretty you up in time." He nodded quickly. "They should be out here soon enough, and well.. most of the clothes you need are ready anyways."

"We haven't even started on my shoes... not that I like the things, but anyone down there is gonna get a pretty good look at my feet otherwise." She sighed, reaching up to pat Clara, who was basically kept as a silent audience for the discussion at her current position.

"Well of course we realized the shoes wouldn't be a possibility, you're gonna have to go without 'em, but I'm sure you're used to that by now." Luke explained.

"But the dress is nowhere near finished too! 's much as I'd like to visit Mr. Roosevelt in just these regular clothes, I'm sure he'd be spectin' somethin' fancy." Jamie asked, now feeling more embarrassed about her predicament.

"Don't worry 'bout that none!" Luke said happily. "We've managed to decorate one side of the dress, so you'll just have to make sure he doesn't see you from any angle other than straight ahead."

"Is that the best we can do? Are you sure I can't see him in my normal shirt 'n blue jeans?" Jamie whined loudly.

"Sorry Jamie, these orders are from your parents, and you know how excited they are for your meeting with him." Luke told her.

Pouting, Jamie finally conceded defeat. "Well, if  ma 'n dad say so, I guess I can put up with it for one day..."

"Good, now we're gonna need to get you all cleaned up, a buncha the women in town are going to try and make you more... presentable." Luke said delicately.

Clara laughed loudly hearing this. "Jamie is the least feminine gal I ever seen, d'ya really think you can make a difference by evenin'?" Clara asked while raising a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing aloud.

"I don't think so, but the ladies sure seem confident in their abilities so that's what they've ordered." Luke replied, unsure himself. "But they're on their way right now Jamie, and they want you layin' on your stomach when they get here, so might as well get ready."

Sighing heavily, Jamie set Clara on the ground and laid down on her stomach, her huge body covering much of the street.

"Well I'm ready.... I guess." Jamie said half-heartedly as she saw a rather large crowd of women begin to approach her head, many of them carrying buckets full of who knows what. Clara watched them all rush into various positions and briefly wondered how Jamie put up with her size and the situations it constantly brought her in.

Small faint tickles and tingling sensations completely covered Jamie's body, and she felt very uncomfortable about the entire matter. A normal person would've described the feeling as having been covered in ants, but given her size Jamie wasn't sure even what that felt like.

The first group ran past Jamie's head and made a beeline for upturned feet. Armed with buckets of well water, tinted powders, and creams, they quickly set to work making, as one of the women put it, "The most unfortunate part of the poor girl presentable."

This wasn't without incident however, as the first splashes of cold water to hit her feet surprised Jamie very much, and her feet kicked outwardly by instinct, knocking over half the mini populace servicing that foot. Though she apologized quickly and profusely, a hint of laughter told everyone nearby that she may have found it funny too.

Luckily for those at Jamie's massive toes, she quickly grew used to the cold water and no more incidents occurred related to it. However Jamie did appear to be at least a little bit ticklish, which made their job all the more frustrating as the oversized toes would wiggle wildly whenever the cold cream was applied and the powders massaged in. Jamie's hands clawed at the dirt, to keep her feet from kicking everyone nearby off, and she was relieved when she was ordered to raise her legs up as her nails were now as shiny as they were ever going to get.

The second group of women had shown up armed with several more buckets filled with a thick white cream and water. Stopping in front of Jamie's face, she looked at them curiously.

"D'ya need me to do somethin'?" She asked.

"Open up." One of the women ordered.

"D-Do I hafta?" Jamie asked, worried about what they would think.

"Young lady there's only 2 possible places Mr. Roosevelt is going to see you, from ground level at your feet or face to face with his permission. Normally you'd be getting a full bath right now, but the situation calls for us to do as little work as possible to get as great a result as possible. Now open up." One of the older ladies explained.

"W-Well alright then." Jamie conceded and opened her mouth wide, extending her tongue until it almost touched the ground.

"Now dear, don't worry this won't be painful or unpleasant in the slightest." She said as she dipped her great brush into the thick white cream and thrust it into Jamie's mouth, forcably scrubbing it against her teeth.

Jamie wasn't expecting this however. She was accustomed to having her teeth brushed by either her mother or father, who would show exceptional care during the action. The large brush being thrust into her mouth instead activated her gag reflex, and she instinctively lifted her head and placed a hand on her throat.

Much to Jamie's surprise however, the end of the brush was still sticking out of her mouth, and a panicked scream erupted from the women below. Opening her mouth to ask what was wrong Jamie quickly felt something lodged in her throat, and it was wriggling quite ferociously. Coughing roughly, the feeling in her throat quickly disappeared and came rocketing out of her mouth, bowling over the rest of the still panicking girls.

Jamie laughed at the sight before her, a thin string of saliva still connecting her lips to the woman she almost swallowed by accident. The entire group got up and attempted to dust themselves off, only to realize they had all been splashed with her saliva as well, and the dirt was now stuck fast.

"...Well, I'm sure your mouth is clean enough Jamie." One of them admitted in defeat. "We'll need to head back and clean ourselves up now. You'll find your new dress atop your home, just slip it on over your ordinary clothing. If you don't mind now..." she finished and the group stood in unison, disgusted over their newfound predicament and returned to their own homes.

Clara, who had been observing the entire thing from a safe distance quickly ran up to catch Jamie again, and the two walked to the home of Jamie's parents. Arriving there quickly, Jamie's dress didn't appear to be folded so it hung over the sides of her home and spilled onto the dirt road a little.

Looking it over, Jamie found herself annoyed all over again. As she had been told, the front was decorated with a beautiful blue floral pattern, but it ended abruptly at the sides and didn't extend to her backside.

With a heavy sigh, she slipped it over her normal clothes and rolled up her jeans so it wouldn't be obvious she was wearing them underneath. The dress did fit a little tight over the chest area, but she found most of the clothes she wore felt  tight in that area, but she figured it was just them not being able to get accurate measurements of her again.

Smoothing the dress as best she could, she sighed deeply again and felt her shoulders slump. "Well, how do I look." She asked Clara, bored.

"You look just fine!" Clara assured Jamie, giving her big toe a pat as she did so. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure if Mr. Roosevelt wasn't a married man, he'd want to marry you like that annoying man earlier."

Jamie cracked a smile as she remembered the man with the bright red face.

"Well, I s'pose you're right Clara, might as well get this over with." She said and the pair made their way to the town square.

Jamie now stood in the town square, ocassionally glancing across her dress.. certainly looking fancy enough, but she found the material they used to make it pretty itchy compared to what her casual clothes felt like. Sometimes she would even look down at her exposed toes, scrunching them in the dirt, but otherwise trying her best to look like the refined lady she had practiced to be. So what if she felt like she wasn't in her own skin...

Of course, it wasn't much else help that she felt as though she was kind of being treated like a landmark during the ordeal. After the President had arrived, she'd kept quiet, bowed, and did her best to show the utmost respect in the best way she had learned.. and she felt kind of like a sideshow attraction on display in the process. Now she found herself alone for the time being, able to relax a little more while the others went into the  town hall to discuss official business, or back to their homes to rest after an exhausting ordeal. Jamie found herself longing for a nap, or at least some more time with Clara. She eventually sat down in the center of town, wincing a little as she realized she may have dirtied the bottom of her outfit, before shrugging off the thought. She brought a hand to her head.. it was throbbing, both from lack of sleep, and all the ruckus they had been making in town, with big bands and cheering and the like... She slumped against a house, feeling it creak against her weight, but positioning herself in a way that she wouldn't have to worry about crushing it, putting her feet out in front of her, and watching as her eyes began to close on her, smacking her lips, still having a hard time losing the intense flavor of toothpaste, and finally nodding off to a deep sleep.

Jamie was enjoying a particularly peaceful dream when her nose began to twitch.. itch.. she went to reach up to scratch it, but found she couldn't move her arms. At that point, her eyes darted open, concerned, finding the same was true for her legs.

"W-what in the?" She looked around, it was still night, but there wasn't the same sound of commotion as before.. She grunted, trying to get a better look at her ankles, her wrists bound behind her.. several layers of ropes and chains had been strapped over them. Still, there was still light coming from within the town hall. She wriggled, and managed to shimmy herself over beside it, to have a listen.

An hour or so after the discussion had first began, and Jamie had started to sleep, the watchful eyes that had focused on the town for weeks now, plotting, had finally made their move. Horses raced in, bringing a few dozen men armed to the teeth, as well as a few wagons of supplies. They managed to bind Jamie while she slept, before making their moves on the others, bursting in on the meeting, weapons drawn and shouting commands to a mostly terrified room. Luke stood at the edge of the stage, along with the Presidents small personal bodyguard, getting their weapons ready but the at the head of the crowd, one of them, a hulk of a man with a haggard black goatee barely creeping out from the shadow of his hats leather brim, and one eye, a pale, icy blue, like it were glazed over, trained a rifle straight at President Roosevelt's head.

Roosevelt mereley narrowed his eyes "Now what exactly are you tryin' to prove here, lad? Me and these fine people were having a civilized discussion. I do hope there is a damned good reason for this.. late entry"

The gunman smirked under the shade of his hat, releasing one hand from the weapon and taking it off, tossing it aside, while having no trouble aiming the weapon with his finger resting precariously on the trigger with one hand. His smirk spread until the faintest glimmer of crooked, yellow teeth crept through, and he spoke in a gravely, but surprisingly eloquent voice.

"My sincere apologies, Mister President; I assure you I will be brief in.. making my point. Silas Hill." He gave a mock bow while the sounds of a few rifles cocking behind him ringed out, as his men readied enough weapons to mow down the entire room in seconds if the need arose. "First however.. would you be so kind as to inform your lawmen to dispose of their guns. As helpful as you would be Mister President, I do not want to have to splatter your brains all over this fine establishment because some hillbilly decided to play hero."

Roosevelt cocked an eyebrow, smiling "I see.. is that all this commotion was about? Let me guess.. money, power, that sort of thing. Really now, a bunch of mangy, half starved polecats such as y'selves comin' in here, wavin' around peashooters and expectin' to be taken seriously."

Silas growled, bringing the rifle to his eye and clenching it firmly in both hands.

Roosevelt merely smirked "Well now, if you're supposin' that's really gonna do you any good, then please, I humbly implore you. Take the shot." He briefly removed his glasses, wiping them as he spoke. "Lets see just what kind of a man you really are."

This had Silas fuming.. but deep down he knew he couldn't kill what was potentially his biggest bargaining chip. So thinking quickly, he grabbed the nearest thing. A girl seated in the crowd just a few feet from him. He seized up Clara by an arm, and quickly forced the rifle against her neck. "Very well... you've made your point. You clearly don't fear death, or at least me Mister President, settin' a fine, fine example for this.. innocent young thing." He gruffly brushed his rugged cheek against hers smooth skin, inhaling her scent deeply and giving her chills.

Roosevelt stood there, his eyes narrowing me. "It seems you've granted my request.. and I assure you, young man. I am sorely disappointed."

Silas gritted his teeth, licking his lips as he looked the girl over. "My apologies, Mister president."

At this, there was a great rumbling, and a monstrous roar let out. Everyone, friend and foe found themselves looking around in confusion, but the sound seemed to come from every direction, as the building shook even down to the foundations, and the roof itself was forcably removed, revealing the clear night sky, and one angry giantess for all to see, her bindings cleanly torn.

"You let her go, you slime! Or I will introduce you to about seven new kinds of hells you couldn't imagine." She growled.

"Huh, and just what exactly you plannin' to do about it little missy. I could blow this pretty little flowers head clean across the country before even someone as big as you could close half the ground! Now, sweetie, we are going to continue this little talk, and you are going to sit and be quiet like a nice young lady...." He was briefly interrupted by a loud snort... before suddenly finding himself, Clara, and anything nearby buried under a sudden splat... it appeared the giantess had reared back and spat on the bandit leader, who fiercely pulled the trigger of his rifle only to find it jammed and soaked by the mess.

"That would be the first o' those new hells I was talkin' about." Clara laughed, before looking a bit nervous "E-er... Sorry Clara. I'll make it up to you later, I promise. Meanwhile the other bandits weren't sure whether they should raise their weapons to the new threat or help their leader.

At this point, Roosevelt was roaring with laughter, and the fellow townsfolk the onlookers could only stare in surprise.

In a swift motion, Jamie scooped out the wet bandit and a few of the others as they tried to run. A few managed to escape but they would never forget the ferocity and volume of her voice as she shouted after them. "That's right! And don't even think of comin' within a hundred miles of here ever again, y'here!"

With a swift, angry motion she slammed her fist through the roof of the sheriffs office, right into the holding cell. The temptation to ensure none got away was strong, but she figured making sure everyone was ok came first.

Quickly stomping back over, Jamie looked down at the bewildered populace, sighing as she realized that despite her polished toes and neat dress, the past couple of minutes were quite possibly the most unladylike thing's she had ever done. Spitting was nothing new to her, but she never did it front of anyone, much less the entire town and the President himself.

"S-sorry y'all.. I guess well.. I ain't exactly much of a lady." She scratched the back of her head, digging her toes into the dirt outside as she bent over the building.

And for what seemed like an age, there was an awkward silence. Before Roosevelt burst out laughing again, clapping, which was soon followed by the entire crowd.

"My stars, young lady. Good show! Any doubts I may have had about the safety of this new territory seem like a distant memory with the knowledge that its safe in the hands of someone like you." Roosevelt announced jovially.

"Thank you Mr. Roosevelt, but I'm sorry to say that it looks like some of 'em escaped." Jamie said seriously.

"Not to worry young lady! You risked life and limb and I will see to it that you are rewarded for your service." Roosevelt shouted with great pride. "Now, I'm sure my associates have had enough adventure for one day so we'll get an early start on our next destination. I wish you and everyone in this town the best of luck!"

Standing to her full height, Jamie raised her right hand and saluted Mr. Roosevelt as he left.



Weeks later, Clara and Jamie were sitting at the stream again, and seemed to be on the verge of another emotional breakthrough when they were rudely interrupted again.

A rail thin man stood next to Jamie's feet holding a small box with him. He looked over the two girls emotionlessly and turned to face Jamie.

"Are you Jamie?" He asked, his voice unnaturally loud for such a thin man.

"Err, yes I am sir, what's this all about?" Jamie asked nervously.

The thin man opened the small box he held. Inside lay a small red white and blue ribbon, leading a large golden medal shaped like a star. The center of the star depicted a girl standing over a tiny building, and the detail made Clara laugh as Jamie squinted to make it out.

"Jamie, on behalf of President Theodore Roosevelt, and the United States of America. I have come bearing a gift." He began before stopping to clear his throat.

"Ahem, for gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of her life, for going above and beyond the call of duty while engaged against any enemy of the United States, President Theodore Roosevelt would like to bestow unto you this medal, The Presidential Distinguished Service Medal. It is yours Jamie, wear it with pride." He finished before placing the small box into Jamie's enormous outstretched hand.

Jamie smiled hugely. Sure she was still a tomboy, dirty, and had a rough time making friends given her outlandish size. But now she had something she felt she could truly be proud of.

Picking Clara up and placing her on her knee, Jamie handed the box to Clara and signalled she wanted Clara to do the honors of pinning the medal.

Leaning forward, Clara pinned the relatively tiny medal to Jamie's right breast, and Jamie felt good about everything that anyone considered wrong with her for the first time.

Fidgeting with the medal, it reflected the bright sun overhead and Jamie decided it was time to show affection the way a regular person would have expected.

Plucking Clara from her knee, Jamie brought the tiny woman to her lips and gave her an affectionate kiss, to show the small girl that the feeling was mutual.