- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
"So, you remember that thing everyone's been talking about for the past couple of weeks, right?" A young man asked a girl sitting before a computer screen.

"What thing? People talk about a lot of things." She replied, annoyed.

"Oh this thing is special Ann, really special. I'm sure you know it as a little thing called GameCrush...?" He lead in expectantly.

Sighing, Ann remembered GameCrush all too well.

A site for gamers to pay money to play games with girls online. 6.60 for 10 minutes, an hours worth of playing with a random girl would cost $39.60. The site had popped up not too long ago and was quickly attracting a lot of attention.

A smile crossed Ann's face. Thankfully, at least from her circle of acquaintances and those in the industry, it appeared to be mostly negative. The site was called a scam, and most people seemed content to believe it was all a joke.

"Yeah I remember GameCrush." She answered. "What about it?"

"Well, maybe you should check their site now that it's officially launched." He replied with a chuckle.

Sighing, Ann turned her attention to the computer and did a quick search for GameCrush. Satisfied she found the site, she clicked a search result and read read the words appearing on screen.

The GameCrush Public Beta is temporarily unavailable due to the incredible user response. We are adding new servers to provide players with the best PlayDate experience possible. Games with GameCrush PlayDates start at $6.60 for ten minutes.

Ann's jaw dropped to the floor in shock and she re-read the statements several times to confirm she understood them correctly. She balled her fist in anger as she read the words again.

"GameCrush is unavailable. That's funny. The reason they're not is... is..." Ann pounded the desk she was sitting at in anger, the male student behind her snickering at her reaction.

"What happened to everyone? Everywhere I looked there was nothing but negativity towards this site, and now... now their site is down due to overwhelming demand." Ann thought as her mind went a million directions at once.

"Well maybe a bunch of people signed up as a joke! Yes, that could be it!" She tried to rationalize. "But... even the most well put together jokes shouldn't be enough to cause this." she added, debunking her own theory.

"GOD DAMMIT!" Ann shouted, unable to hold back anymore. "It's things like this.. things like this that.. that... GOD DAMMIT!" She added, having a hard time constructing complete thoughts in her anger.

"This shouldn't be happening right now! I can't believe there are enough people out there stupid enough to DAMMIT!" She abruptly interrupted herself before continuing. "That there's enough people out there stupid enough to be willing to pay for this! And these... these PEOPLE are considered gamers! I can see the headlines now GOD DAMMIT! Things like this make me want to leave the planet or something! Surely I can encounter some microscopic life out in space with more intelligent than the people here!" Ann shouted, seething now.

The boy who had directed Ann's attention to the site was now literally on the floor, holding his chest from the laughter.

Ann turned to look at the man who was clearly pleased with the results of his prank. Her eyes burned with an intense rage as she began to feel extremely hot.

Thinking happy thoughts wasn't helping. No matter what her mind shifted to, it immediately switched back to the inevitable news headlines and falsified reports on video games and her kind would be labeled by society at large. She tried to calm herself down, thinking that it would never get to that point, but she simply couldn't.

The computer lab she had been sitting in began to fade out around her. The chair she sat in began to disappear into nothingness and her vision clouded over before everything went completely white.

Ann was floating in an unknown place. Though it was completely empty on every side, she felt strangely comforted by it, as if she had been here before. She lay back and confirmed the space she lay in was completely empty.

All around her the world seemed to shift, the stark white of the area giving way to thin black bands, coinciding with Ann's sudden remembrance of what she was doing before arriving.

Both of Ann's fists balled in anger again. The thin black lines seemed to ripple as her mood before expanding outwards and forcing Ann to leave the strange area.

Reality itself seemed to shift for a moment as Ann realized where she now was. The area seemed to be mostly black, though dotted with thousands of tiny white spots.

Of course the most obvious sign of where she now floated was the bright blue sphere directly before her. It was about as big as a basketball to her relatively, and Ann's anger quickly dissipated into a twisted smile as she looked over it.

The planet Earth now floated in the vacuum of space before Ann, who was now at a height completely beyond comprehension. There was no way anything on Earth could be used to stop her, and the biggest threat at her height, a lack of air in space, didn't seem to affect her in the slightest.

Ann looked over the planet and imagined what they were seeing right now. The thought pleased her immensely, as there was no way anything else would be happening in the world if she showed up pay it a visit.

A small, almost indiscernible giggle escaped Ann's lips. The small puff of air as she exhaled would surely be felt to a global degree, and she wasn't done yet!

With a great smile seen all over the side of the world she faced, she opened her mouth. The incredible cavern was untold miles around, and her eager, wiggling tongue was enough to paralyze thousands in fear.

Not being too good with Geography, but knowing her target was somewhere in San Francisco, Ann extended her wet tongue outwards, leaving a swath of destruction across the planets surface, and utterly crushing the entire state. Such a huge object was far from precision though, and several hundred miles of surrounding land also found its way crushed, then washed away into a newly created ocean of saliva.

Though she couldn't feel anything from any individuals, the fact that the people behind GameCrush were disposed of was enough to make Ann a little more happy.

Of course, there was still the matter or people who had signed up for such a stupid thing.

Ann reached down to untie to shoes and took off her socks quickly. The people who would sign up for such a thing wouldn't be gathered in one place, so the most effective way of taking out frustrations would be to remove the entire planet at once.

"Or at least, it'll be the most fun way." Ann thought to herself as she lay back in space, still floating, and maneuvered her feet to either side of the planet.

Her incredible soles immediately cracked the planets crust and ineffectual magma began pooling around and between her toes.

Shifting her weight, an unbelievable amount of pressure built up for only a second before the planet simply crumpled. The areas surrounding her toes were pushed up and a simple wiggle cleared anything inbetween them that may have survived.

The planet was effectively destroyed now, and Ann couldn't imagine anything surviving the onslaught her feet had provided.

"But then again..." She thought and smiled. Her calf muscles tensed up briefly before the defeated planet seemed to spring back to life for a moment, only to explode as the pressure within built and was unable to expel itself.

Spreading her feet apart again, Ann looked at the floating bits of planet affected by the comparatively small explosion.

Ann brushed both feet off with her hands to remove any debris stuck to it. While still in the process of cleaning herself off, Ann slowly found herself fading back into the empty white room, having completely forgotten what it was she had been to angry about in the first place.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews and constructive criticism are always appreciated.