- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
Kate's forehead pressed onto the cool glass of the window as she looked outside.

It was raining, quite heavily too. The radio had called for severe flooding of the streets, and as a result, her friends had cancelled their plans with her. Now she was stuck in her dorm with nothing to do.

"Hey Kate! I've got something we can do!" A voice called out to her. "We can play ourselves an intense game of Twister!" the voice yelled from another room as a girl around Kate's age made her way into the room.

"Nothing to do.." Kate kept trying to tell herself, ignoring the offer of her nerdy, annoying roommate, Allie.

"Helloo! Earth to Kate!" Allie yelled almost in Kate's ear, though she didn't budge and continued to stare out the window at the sheets of rain pounding the streets.

"Nothing to do at al-" Kate's train of thought was interrupted as Allie knocked the back of Kate's head, forcing her attention away from the rain.

"Kate! Twister! Let's go! It'll be fun! I promise! I'm not that good! You'll win! You know you want to!" Allie almost shouted and Kate felt a rage build up within her. She wanted to head to the mall, be social, meet some boys, or maybe get shot in the face. Right now anything sounded better than spending more time with Allie.

Turning her head away from the window, Kate watched Allie excitedly set the plastic mat on the floor while singing a song playing on the radio quite poorly.

More quickly than expected, the mat was laying flat on the floor, and Allie threw the piece of cardboard determining where you placed your limbs at Kate.

The cardboard flew at Kate and one of the edges poked her in the stomach quite hard. This was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, and all of the emotions Kate had kept bottled up came flying out all at once.

"I don't WANT to play Twister with you, you god damned loser!" Kate started. "I would rather step outside and be crushed by a boulder than spend any more time with you! I would rather dive into a pool of acid and dissolve painfully and slowly than do ANYTHING with you!" She yelled, now approaching Allie in her anger.

The verbal assault continued for a few minutes before Kate was interrupted by Allie covering Kate's face with her right palm. Though she was surprised by this, Kate was ready for the argument to come to blows over Allie's reaction to her anger.

"Listen Kate, sweetie, we WILL play Twister. But if you're not going to be cooperative, then we'll play a slightly... modified version" Allie told Kate with a giggle.

Kate's right hand balled into a fist. She wasn't going to do anything with Allie, not now, and not ever. If Allie didn't understand this through words, maybe a bit of physical convincing was required.

With what certainly felt like blinding speed, Kate brought her right arm up to deliver what, at least in her mind, was going to be a devastating attack. This plan was hindered by Allie easily catching Kate's fist with her right hand. Though surprised, Kate's left hand was quickly brought up to finish the job her right had failed, but Allie pressed her hand to Kate's forehead, and gave her a gentle push backwards.

Though she knew there wasn't much force behind it, Kate's center of balance was disturbed, and she found herself falling to the carpeted floor. Kate quickly rose and was more angry than she could ever remember being in her life.

"You.. you bitch!" Kate shouted and looked around, realizing Allie had disappeared. The floor behind her shook violently, and Kate turned to find a pair of the biggest bare feet she had ever seen in her life. Her eyes followed the toes as they wiggled up a pair of long legs in rolled up jeans, and eventually to the face of Allie.

Kate's heart skipped a beat and all her anger dissipated immediately upon realizing that somehow or another she had been made much smaller, and Allie only stood there waving at her from above happily.

"Allie, help me, please! Something's happened!" Kate shouted through cupped hands in Allie's direction, her personality having done a complete 180 now that the situation was different.

The feet in front of Kate moved, and she took a step back in fear. Allie lowered herself to her knees and brought a hand to Kate, pinching her between two fingers.

"Now now Kate, we're going to play Twister! I'm sure you're familiar with the normal game, but we're going to play by some special rules now. All you have to do is get to whatever color the spinner lands on, and hope that it isn't also where I decide to place one of my hands or feet! Are you ready?" Allie asked happily.

"N-Not rea-!" Kate began

"Good! Let's begin!" Allie cut her off and made her way back to the mat, where she dropped Kate from standing height rather nonchalantly.

Kate screamed as she fell the great height and landed directly on one of her  own legs with a sickening crack. She attempted to stand up, but found the pain to be too great and knew this was one of Allie's ways to make the game more interesting for the both of them.

"Such a bitch." Kate thought to herself, holding her right knee in pain as Allie seemed to be flicking the spinner.

"Right foot red!" She announced.

With a start, Kate immediately realized the spot she had landed on was red. The enormous Allie laughed as she made her way to the red circle Kate was on.

"No no no no no!" Kate told herself, crawling at a slower than snails pace, doing anything she could to get off the dot as Allie's enormous soles approached her hungrily.

"Well, I guess you've learned a lesson in respect, though you won't get to spend any time to reflect once you're a flattened into that red dot!" Allie taunted high above Kate's still struggling body.

Kate refused to give up though, that just wasn't what she did. Even as the sole slowly lowered upon her and crushed her legs into paste she still tried to make her way forward, crying out painfully the entire way. The ball of Allie's foot pressed over the rest of Kate, and pinned her for only a moment before finishing the job, leaving Kate as little more than a corpse on the mat, her blood blending into red dot, almost rendering her invisible.

Allie smiled as she knew she would now have to get a new roommate. She folded the Twister mat up and placed it back into the box. Picking up the spinner she laughed aloud.

"Ha! Left hand green! Good thing she couldn't see the spinner from where she stood!" Allie happily said and placed the spinner in the box, closing it up and stepping to the bathroom to wash her sole off.