- Text Size +

Kate and Jill walked hand in hand in silence for some time. After a few hundred miles Jill unexpectedly paused. Kate could see a curious, thoughtful look on her face. “What’s on your mind?” Kate inquired.

“Well, I was just thinking. You know, we never introduced ourselves. I mean, here we are, instant goddesses, laying waste to hundreds of cities we don’t even notice, and humanity doesn’t even know what to call us. We should introduce ourselves to our subjects.”

“Okay…” Kate was only slightly intrigued, but the idea seemed to resonate with Jill, so she rolled the idea around in her head for a moment.

That was all the time it took for Jill to make her move. She scanned the ground expectantly, looking for any sign of a metropolis that was big enough to be viewed from her height. A few stutter steps in either direction destroyed many small towns, but they were beneath her notice. At length she found a city that suited her. It wasn’t enormous, but it was populous enough that she could tell it was a city at least.

Intently she stepped toward it, stopping far enough away that she could kneel down and address it. The thunderous impact of her knees compacting the ground just outside the city was enough to cause a panic throughout the city that had somehow, through some twist of fate, managed to draw the rapt attention of a 70-mile tall girl. She had trampled Seattle and Portland and Las Vegas thoughtlessly beneath her bare feet, and now the relatively small city of Tulsa had caught her eye. Jill, of course, didn’t know she was staring down at Tulsa, because who the hell knows what Tulsa looks like from a bird’s eye view, but it was suitable for her purposes.

With a satisfied smile she leaned back and sat on her feet. Since she was fully seated and back a ways from the city, she hoped her voice would carry but not utterly destroy them. She cleared her throat and began to address the city. “Hello, tiny people. How thoughtless of us not to have introduced ourselves earlier. My name is Jill. You may call me Goddess Jill. This is my friend Kate.”

Kate walked up next to Jill, her pink flip flops stopping a fraction of an inch outside what they could see from their height were skyscrapers. “You can call me Goddess Kate, or, I guess….whatever the f*ck you want. We can’t hear you. And nothing you say can stop a damn thing we do. All of you working together couldn’t stop us from moving a millimeter.” To accent her point, Kate raised her left foot over the city, allowing her flip flop to dangle perilously from her toes. “You can’t even save yourselves.”

With those ominous words, Kate wiggled her toes and swung her foot around, loosening the flip flop enough that it began to fall to the ground. It would have flattened the city if Jill hadn’t reacted so fast. With a startled cry of “NO!” she reached out and in a ninja-like motion knocked the sandal out of the air. It slid to rest right side up about 50 miles to the north. Her booming exclamation carried as far as the east coast where it had degenerated to an incoherent, but still audible, peal of thunder.

Now it was Kate’s turn to be startled. She could see Jill’s face was flush with anger. Jill explained rather hurriedly, “This is my city. They are under my protection now. I am their protecting goddess.” Jill leaned forward over the city and placed her hands on either side so I everyone could look up and see her face. “You hear that? You are safe. You exist for my pleasure and for as long as it pleases me to allow you to exist.” Jill could hear the words coming out of her mouth and was surprised she was saying them, but she had never, ever felt this good her whole life. She was powerful, sexy, and unstoppable.

She pointed her index finger at the ground and drove her fingernail into the soft earth just outside what she could perceive to be city. The trench created by her unpainted fingernail was 3,000 feet deep and a few hundred feet wide, and she plowed through suburban Tulsa to create a circle barrier around the city. The nail of course plowed through thousands of people’s homes, crushing them with an almost appalling ease, but Jill was too big to even discern the buildings she was destroying.

When she finished drawing the border, she resumed her address. “Now that you are my chosen people you will be the most sought-out city in the world. But you are not to allow anyone to enter. You have been chosen by me, but they have not. To allow people to take refuge in my city would displease me. And…” she paused for dramatic effect, leaning closer into the city, “you exist for my pleasure.”

She stood to her full height now, and placed her hands on her hips to give her subjects a lasting impression to remember her by. A glance at Kate showed she was positively slackjawed with astonishment. But there was no doubting that the look in her eyes evinced her to also be incredibly aroused.

“Come on,” Jill said, reaching for Kate’s hand. “I’m not going to kiss you again until you clean out that filthy mouth.” Jill stepped completely over the city, and her foot thumped down just on the other side. She pretty much had to drag Kate along with her. Kate was moving slowly because she was somewhat in shock, although her slow pace was exacerbated by her one-shoe-on, one-shoe-off limp. They stopped at where her flip flop had landed, and now the remains of the thousands of people that had just been crushed beneath her barefoot were pressed cruelly into the pink foam of her sandal as her foot nestled back into its home. Jill had her bearings enough now to notice they were following the Mississippi River, and it would lead them to the Great Lakes.