- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

To be inputed later.

--TFK

Kapitel Zwei

Arrival 

 

            Kendra was just entering her sophomore year at High School, and had just moved here from somewhere up North East, far, far away from where she currently resides. She had lived there her entire life, until she had to leave abruptly. She was a very popular girl, with many friends, but alas had to leave them behind. They had made the move a few months ago now.

            She and her family had moved into a relatively small house, in comparison to what they had come from. Her mother was always away from home at a Medical Research Facility a city or so away. Kendra had never been there, but knew it was quite a commute, and her mother’s work hours always intercepted her own day, making their time together almost nonexistent.

            Her father worked as a doctor at the local Hospital. He would, at times, be away from home for twenty four hours or more, but normally wasn’t out more than twelve in a day. However he could be called into work at any moment, and being who he was, that happened a lot.

            She herself was a student on summer vacation. She didn’t go out all too often, as she never had anywhere to go. She never had people to see, and her friends from before were too far away. She never heard from them, which made her sad, but she understood why. Nevertheless, she was attempting to make a life for herself here.

            So every now and then she would go on walks. She’s been to the mall, which is always crowded. There were two stories there! It was much larger than the mall she was used to spending time at. This mall had all kinds of stores, from food, to clothes, to games, and more! She’s purchased a new outfit from time to time. After all, she used to live up North, and it was much colder there than here. She needed a new wardrobe; otherwise she wouldn’t survive the heat.

            On one particular adventure out to the mall, she directed herself to the west wing, which was moderately crowded, and housed most of the feminine stores. Such as clothing, perfume, make up, and hair shops. She went to ‘Hair World,’ as she needed a new brush. Her old brush had served her faithfully for many, many years; and was beginning to show its age. The bristles were falling apart, and it had a good amount of her long red hair stuck to it in places. Every time she’d clean it, it would get a little worse.

            So it was time to get a new one. She selected a nice purple one, one of her favourite colours, and went to pay for it. “Will that be all for you ma’am?” The counter clerk asked, a cute boy, who had probably been working there for a while.

            “Yes.” She replied her soft voice meeting his ears as it travelled up from her mouth. He was taller than her, and as she stood at five foot even, a moderate height she was told, the difference was noticeable.

            His nametag read Joe, and he looked a little older than her. Maybe it was a summertime job? She should get one of those next year. He seemed as though he were having trouble with the cash register.

            “Stupid thing, work!” He smacked it over the side,

            Oh no… “Is everything okay?”

            “Oh, this machine isn’t working all of a sudden for some reason. Here, let me manually process that for you. I’ll take off one dollar because of this inconvenience.” He winked at her,

            Kendra caught that, and smiled, “Thanks.” She paid for her hair brush, and left ‘Joe’ fussing over the cash register. When she stepped out into the hall she bumped into someone.

            “Oops, excuse me miss.” Said a security officer

            “Oh my bad, I’m sorry.” She said stepping back.

            He bode her farewell, and she took off again, this time in a different direction, looking where she was going. She decided to go pick up some more clothes for school. Her wardrobe was almost replaced, but she didn’t have very many clothing combinations, so she decided to get some more.

            After about four more hours, and two and a half stores later, she had spent a good portion of her money, and decided to go home. With her she was carrying a small bag containing two pairs of jeans, and four shirts; all of which fit her figure nicely. She was still wearing some of her old clothes from her old home, and it was very hot. It was normal outside, yet with her thick shirt, she was over heating too often. Besides, if she was going to look good for school, and hopefully get some friends she shouldn’t look like a marshmallow, she needed some better fitting clothing.

            She went home, to an empty house; like always. Her front room was small and cozy. It had two couches, each placed like an ‘L’ with a table linking the two at the corner of the room, and a coffee table in the center of the room. Opposite the couch and next to the door was their TV which they brought with them.

            The kitchen was attached to the living room to the right of the door upon entering, nothing much, just a small cooking space with a table for family dinner a few feet away. She went down the hall and passed two doors. The door to her right was the bathroom in which she spent some quality time in trying to make herself look presentable; and to her left her parents room; which was always closed.

            She got to the end of the hall, her door was on her right, and to the left was the door to the laundry room and from there the garage. Her room was brightly coloured, unlike the hall she had just left, with its white walls and wooden floor. Her room was very different from the rest of the house, and she enjoyed that. It had a wooden floor, like the rest of the house, but she had put up a pink sheet of wall paper to give the room some warmth.

            She kept it neat, as neat as a teenager could. , a clothes hamper right upon entering the room filled half way with dirty clothes. Some random placing of clothes here and there, books, and bags littered her floor; but it wasn’t so bad. On the opposite side of the room from the door was a bookshelf against the corner of the wall, and a desk with a computer on it next to that. In front of the bookshelf was a closet that housed her clean clothes, which she placed her new clothes in.

            On the other side of the room opposite the closet was her bed, which she lay in quite often thinking about how things were going at the time. She spent some time reading, or writing in her diary when she was home alone. So, she grabbed a book from her bookshelf and went to her bed and read until she fell asleep.

*  *  *

            A few days later, on a Thursday no less, she decided to go out to the park and maybe visit the school. School didn’t start for a few more months, but it was always open; so maybe she could get the hang of the layout. She was certain it was different than her last school. Besides, she might even meet a new friend.

            She got out of bed and dressed herself in some of her newer clothes. She put on a pair of dark denim jeans and an orange shirt. She pulled back her long red hair into a pony tail that fell about to her collar. She didn’t think she would look too out of place. She never considered herself all too attractive, but then again, she didn’t normally wear clothing that revealed her figure. After all, it used to always be far too cold to do such things. Now, she wasn’t made flat and curve-less by the bulkiness of her outfit. She liked the freedom, actually.

            She put on her sneakers, which were a plain white, tied them up and pulled the cuff of her jeans out from her white socks, and pulled it down. She gave herself a once over in the bathroom before setting out. Again, her parents weren’t home. But she was used to it, they never were. They were a fine family; they just didn’t see one another all too often.

            She found herself wandering towards the school on a sidewalk following the park. It was a fine day, the sun was up and there weren’t any really big or scary looking clouds out. The wind was refreshing in the summer heat. As she came up a hill she saw a couple walking towards her. When her eyes made contact with the boy’s, she felt a surge of energy flow through her body. She saw the girl to his left literally explode with light, nearly blinding her.

            When the light was gone, the girl had hit the ground, and the boy was turning to her. Instantly, she was concerned. ‘Oh no, not again!’ Kendra ran towards the couple, as the boy knelt next to her.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Here is part 2 of 22.

--TFK