- Text Size +
           Her warm breath did the job a million times faster than her fingers could ever hope to accomplish. Her breath was warm and comforting, the man stirred. Macy inspected him once again. He looked to be a few years older than her, perhaps in his early twenties. He had short blonde hair and a somewhat handsome complexion.

            As Macy looked him over, his eyes blinked. He was awake.

            “…” He was of course unsure of what to think. He didn’t even know where he was.

            “Hello.”

            He turned his head towards Macy, and recoiled at the sight of her massive face not far from his own. “Jesus!”

            “No, it’s Macy.”

            “Oh… Of course. You scared the hell out of me.”

            “Sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

            “Why did you come back for me?”

            “I remembered you,”

            “And?”

            “Well… Is that not reason enough?”

            “Not for many rational people.”

            “Okay well fine, if my dad found you, he’d go insane. Especially if you were dead.”

            “I bet. Where is your… Friend?”

            “Kendra?” He nodded. “She had to go home.”

            “Home?”

            “Yes, she doesn’t live here. This is my house, and she moved out of state months ago.”

            “Why?”

            “Long story, don’t ask.”

            “”I’m sorry.”

            “So, you must have had a hell of a night.”

            “No thanks to you.”

            “Hey, I’m trying to be nice here.”

            “I see…”

            “Yea, so… How was your night?”

            “It was bloody awful. One moment I’m having a good day, the next I am shrunk and kidnapped by some teenage girls. Not to mention that whole incident with the car, dear god you scare the hell out of me.”

            “Do I really?”

            “Yes, you do. You’re just too god damn big. You’re too fast, and you’re too strong. You didn’t even seem to care about me as a person yesterday. What happened to everyone else from yesterday?”

            “Umm…” She looked away, “I ate them.”

            He was stunned, “YOU WHAT?!”

            “They were great.” She looked back at him and smiled, his stature broke.

            “What the hell are you?!”

            “I’m an American, seventeen years old today, a girl, and someone ‘you’ don’t want to piss off.” She grinned again.

            “Today?”

            “Yep, It’s my birthday today.”

            “Well happy birthday… But, you ate them?” She nodded, “Why?”

            “Because I could, and it is a lot of fun feeling someone inside me.” She slurped at the air, and again he was mortified.

            “Why haven’t you eaten me?”

            “I thought I might get to know you. I’m lonely right now anyway.”

            “Then why did you throw me into the pool yesterday? I almost drowned for god’s sake!”

            “I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking, and I was in a hurry. I don’t think well in a hurry.”

            “Well that’s apparent.”

            “Are you trying to be mean again?”

            “Not particularly.”

            “Good. I don’t like mean people. So, what’s your name?”

            “Thomas.”

            “Well nice to meet you Thomas, I am Macy.” She held out her pointer finger to him, and he hesitated.

            “And why are you being friendly to me?”

            “Would you rather me not be friendly?” She frowned.

            “No…” He took her finger with both his hands, and shook it a little. She smiled at him and withdrew her finger.

            “So, want to tell me a little about yourself?”

            “What is there to tell…?”

            “Dunno, anything really. Entertain me.”

            “You want me to entertain you? And what if I don’t?”

            “Well I am starting to get a little hungry.” She leaned back and put her hand on her stomach and rubbed it a little. His gaze shifted over her body. She was cute.

            “Okay, okay…”

            Macy and her new ‘friend’ talked for a while. She shared her story and he shared his. She liked him a little, it was fun to have someone to talk to. Plus she had absolute control over him, if she grew tired of him, she could either eat him, or crush him. But she didn’t think she would do that, at least not yet. Not until she found something else to do.

            She picked him up after about an hour, and wrestled with him, her fingers won overall, and he was pinned. After having a laugh fit, a dull silence grew between them. There was a connection… The connection didn’t seem to be out of fear. For the time being he seemed to completely forget the power she had over him, as the two of them were there, Macy lying on the ground, and him sitting; as they shared a story and a joke that made them laugh.

            However in the back of his mind, he knew she had control over the situation. And at any moment he might die. His entire perspective on life had changed yesterday. His swim for his life tired him out to the point of hardly caring any more. He didn’t want to die any more than the next guy, but after the experience of yesterday, he knew his life didn’t mean much at his current state, especially if this girl sitting in front of him were to eat him.

            He stopped and remembered this. He looked up at the laughing giantess, who, after shedding a tear, returned his gaze. ‘What was she thinking?’

            David was jarred awake by a horrible sound. Over the roar of a sandstorm he was experiencing in his dream, he heard a horrible explosive sound that shook him to the very bone. Instantly he felt something press into him, it was Kendra’s hand. He looked up at her, and she looked scared.

            There was a clamor all about them, people were shouting and things were falling all over the place. The lights in the cabin had gone out, and there was this horrible grinding noise coming from the outside.

            The plane was approximately fifty five thousand feet up, far above the clouds that were beneath them. The sun shone through, completely unabated by cloud cover, and illuminated the cabin. Kendra’s fingers gripped David tightly, as she looked around worriedly. David could tell, she was scared.

            The captain’s voice came over the intercom, “Please fasten your seatbelts, we seem to have encountered some turbulence.”

                        The flight attendants tried to keep everyone calm, but with the lights out, people began to slowly panic. The air conditioning went out, and the grinding sound grew louder outside. Kendra looked out of her window at the wing, and saw the engine was shuddering violently. Suddenly the entire plane shook unreal like, and dropped a few feet. Someone screamed.

            The bouncing became very intense, and the grinding sound even louder, until Kendra felt lighter, and lighter, and lighter, until she realized they were losing altitude. Everyone else noticed as well, and people began to go crazy.

            There was a violent thrust, and an explosion the likes of which David has never heard before. Kendra was looking out of her window at the wing of the plane, which burst into flames as the engine completely exploded. The plane was going down.

            It is funny how the last moments of your life can seem like the longest. It feels like an eternity, as you remember things of your life right before it ends. The plane had gone into a steep decent, and was losing altitude very quickly. Everyone on the plane was absolutely insane. The flight attendants tried to prepare the passengers for a crash landing, and the captain and pilot tried their hardest to keep the plane up.

            But everyone knew they were going to die. Outside was cloud line, it was coming up fast. Within an instant the plane broke through the clouds, and they could see very solid ground looming towards them.

            Still traveling forwards at hundreds of miles an hour, the plane soared through the sky, leaving a trail of smoke behind it, it’s one good engine working overtime in order to keep the plane stable. The left wing was on fire, the engine was gone, and the entire plane was shaking violently.

            The oxygen masks fell from the ceiling, and the passengers were instructed to prepare for a crash landing.

            These moments seemed to last forever. David was looking around in fear, he had no idea what was going on, and could see nothing except Kendra. He could hear everything however, the grinding whirr of the outside, the screams of other frightened passengers, and the roaring of the flames and wind. Was he about to die? What the hell happened?

            Kendra was gripping her seat arm, and smashing David into her leg as she tried to remain calm. Looking outside was a bad idea, the ground was coming up really fast, the wing was on fire, and an errie orange glow filled the cabin. The inside wasn’t any better. Masks hung from the ceiling, and people were terrified.

            The captain was trying his hardest to keep the plane up right, but found their decent was becoming faster and faster, as he began to slowly lose control of the plane. It was tilting to the right, as he had lost complete control over the left side of his plane. He had been trained in situations like this, and he never died in his simulations. But then again, those were just simulations, this was really happening in his real life.

            He radioed for help, and attempted to tell control of what was going on. They did their best to help guide him to a safe landing, but he eventually got pissed off and tired of listening to them and told them to shove it, “Screw procedures!”

            They were just passing over a field, and an interstate. It would hopefully not be long until someone arrives at the crash site, where ever that would be. The captain was already thinking about what would happen to his passengers, what would happen to him. Would they be safe? Would they be found?

            They passed into a forested area, and a particularly tall tree clipped the left wing and completely ripped it off. An earth shattering crunch and jolt ripped the plane apart, as the body of the plane began to tear.

            David looked up at Kendra, at the exact instant she looked back down to him. Her scared grey eyes shown with what might have been tears. This moment seemed to last forever. As the two of them stared into each other’s eyes.

            Many ideas flashed through David’s mind, but there was nothing to do. He didn’t know what to say, what to do, or what to think. His mind was wild, this couldn’t be happening. There was a horrible jolt and explosion, Kendra hit her seatbelt with enough force to break bones, David hit Kendra’s fingers and her arms flew forward until they impacted the seat in front of her.

            The plane crashed.

            It’s funny how your life can flash before your eyes, right before you die. Or at least, that is what people say. There is this really long white tunnel, and you hear your mother. And as you travel down the tunnel, you feel a soft wind, and a warm glow, as you watch your life slowly move past your eyes… Until you reach the end of the tunnel, and there is a light. And then you are no more.

            But none of this happened to David. He passed in and out of consciousness. He had no idea of what happened. When everything stopped moving, his whole body ached. He felt something very warm dripping across his body, he didn’t have the strength to look for it. He felt Kendra’s fingers beneath his crippled body twitch, and move slowly.

            He looked up and was nearly blinded by a bright light. The body of the plane had ripped in half, and it was absolutely torn apart. He was looking up right at the sun. His vision blurred and he blinked, his eyes drifted downwards to see Kendra’s head lying limp against her seatbelt, a thick line of blood flowing steadily down her hair, matting it together and turning her red hair crimson. It shimmered in the light.

            David’s mouth gurgled, “Kendra…” he lost consciousness.