- Text Size +

 

Kapitel Fünfzehn

No Place Like Home

 

            David woke up to the sound of a loud distant sound. “Grrr!” Came a female voice from far off. David blinked.

            Macy was just rolling over and bringing her hand down on her alarm; it showed brightly “05:00am”

            David was very comfortable, and quite warm. He hadn’t shifted much during his sleep, and neither had Kendra. He noticed that every night he and Kendra slept together, she slowly trained herself to lie still at night. David pressed against Kendra’s pinky, and pushed it off from him, and stood up.

            He stretched and surveyed his surroundings. Kendra’s breast obscured the room behind him, he could not see over it. Then again, it was also very dark, and his eyes were not completely used to the darkness as he was still groggy. Kendra was still asleep.

            David pressed against Kendra’s hand, and made to wake her up. “Kendra? It is time to be waking.”

            David felt Kendra begin to move as she woke up. David didn’t know if she had woken up from his own attempts, or Macy’s, or her alarms, but either way she was waking up. When she looked down at David, she smiled groggily. “Time to wake up already?”

            David nodded, and Kendra stretched. She arched her back and stretched her arms, and yawned. It was a very interesting spectacle, and David had to grab onto the shirt fabric behind him just to keep from falling.

            Kendra’s back relaxed, and she closed her mouth. Her fingers snaked around David and pulled him from her chest and up to her lips. David met her tongue there, and it danced over his skin for a few seconds. She put her lips around his midsection, and sucked him out again, thus effectively drying him off.

            “You make me hungry David.”

            “Well we better not make your breakfast yet, we’ve got a long day ahead of us.”

            “Oh right, good point.”

            With that the morning progressed. The two girls went to their respective bathroom’s, and did their morning things. David took a bath in the lake created by Kendra in the bathroom sink, and Kendra and Macy a shower in the showers in their respected bathrooms. Again Macy finished long before Kendra, for when Kendra and David had exited the room, Macy was already finished, dressed, and everything.

            They had a small breakfast with their fathers, Kendra slipped David some food in her lap from time to time to keep him fed. They finished, and gathered up their things for the return journey.

            There was a loud thunk, and a crashing sound that came Macy’s room. Kendra poked her head around the door, and saw Macy standing very confusedly over what looked to be a dead bird, and a lot of glass shards.

            “What happened?”

            “I dunno… This bird just came through my window. Crashed into and went right through.”

            “Did he make it?”

            “I don’t think so.”

            Macy’s dad came in, and hurried the ‘children’ out of the room.

            Within the hour, the car was loaded, Macy’s room was cleaned, and everyone piled in. Macy and Kendra were pressed together tightly by the car door, and luggage. Macy’s dad explained he needed to take other things with him, as he had to drop off a few items at the postal office before they came back, so the back seat was cramped.

            Kendra sat in the middle, being the smaller of the two, and she pulled her legs up so she could fit perfectly and comfortably. Macy came in and pushed Kendra a little farther, who yielded some, so she could sit comfortably. In all there was about three inches between the two girls.

            Both of their fathers were up front, and the two girls practically had complete privacy behind the wall of ‘stuff.’ They checked of course, before getting David out. Kendra pulled him out of her pocket, and he gasped for breath.

            “Do you know how tight those pants are?!” He exclaimed,

            “Oh I’m sorry David. At least I protect you with my magic.”

            “Yea, if you didn’t you’d have a little red stain inside your pocket!”

            “Hehe, stop it!” Kendra poked him, and he fell over into a limp heap on her palm. “So, have you figured out what else you can do Macy?”

            “What?”

            “I mean with the water from last night?”

            “Oh, I was having some fun in the shower.”

            “What did you do?”

            “Well I channeled it a few ways, had it fly this way and that… Let me tell you what, it sure was fun. Have you ever played with things like that?”

            “I don’t think I can. I don’t have any power over water.”

            “Oh? What is the focus of your magic again?”

            “David says it’s electricity.”

            “But you can shrink people?”

            “That’s why I think I must have more power than he thinks.”

            “Hey! I know more than I let on you know!” Came David’s reply from her palm, as he pounded her thumb. She balled her fist, “Oomph!”

            “That’s enough out of you little guy.”

            “Oh phew! Shield me from your horribly minty breath please!”

            “He’s so asking for it.” She said with a sideways glance at Macy, who grinned. She put the ring of her forefinger and thumb to her lips and blew a long drawn out breath into her fist. David was blasted.

            However he decided to be clever, as her warm breath surrounded him, he leapt for her mouth, and soared in. Kendra was surprised, and opened her hand and found it empty. Macy looked shocked.

            Kendra felt David in her mouth, and used her tongue to crush him up against  her roof. “That wasn’t so smart.” She attempted to say, but was hindered in some pronunciation by the mass in her mouth; to David it was deafening.

            After a few moments of this, Kendra extracted him and cleaned him off. “You won’t be doing that any time soon you hear!?” She scolded him, but David knew she was just playing with him.

            The car ride progressed in small stupid games played by the three of them, usually involving David in some strange way. Towards the end of the car ride, as they entered the air port, Macy asked them a question,

            “Since you two are leaving, and I don’t know when I see you two again,” mainly indicating David, “can I hold him for a second?”

            “Sure.” Kendra held him up for her, and Macy slipped her fingers around David.

            Her hands were a little colder than Kendra’s, they were longer, and thinner; but nonetheless much more soft and comforting. In a flash, Macy had pressed David into her lips, and gave him a full body kiss. Kendra wasn’t expecting this, but laughed at its unexpectedness.

            David was embraced by Macy’s lips, a feeling he had yet to feel thus far in his adventure. It was indeed something incredible he had not expected. It was a wonderful feeling, her lips were incredibly soft, and warm. When she pulled him away and looked at him, he returned her gaze, and she blushed and looked away.

            They didn’t talk about the experience the rest of the way, but David inevitably stayed with Macy until it was time to board the plane, at which time David went back to Kendra. He felt a little sad, having to say good bye to Macy. She was an incredible person, and a very beautiful one at that. He wished he could get to know her better. Would he ever see her again? Something deep inside him, that he wasn’t listening to actively, told him that he would.

            Macy and Kendra hugged one another, and David hugged Macy as best as he could from Kendra’s hand as she pressed him into Macy’s side. When the three of them parted, David was again stowed away in Kendra’s jeans pocket and things cooled down from there. Once Kendra had sat down in the cool plane, the comfortable seat she was sitting in lulled her into a state of heavy drowsiness. She didn’t even respond to her dad consciously when he asked if she was okay, he just took it as a ‘yes’ and went to find his seat. ‘Why can’t they book family seats together?’

            David contented himself with the feeling of Kendra’s leg while they both fell asleep. Kendra was running on six hours of sleep, and David was running on five. Perhaps they should have been off to bed earlier the night previous, but all things aside they were tired and they fell asleep before the jets even revved up.

            Kendra’s dream was pleasant. Or at least for what she was aware of. She had gone back to school, and arrived just on time. Upon getting out of her father’s car, and bidding him farewell for the day, she slung her bag over her back and walked into the building.

            After opening her locked within, she pulled out a book and was greeted by a friend.

            “Hey how did it go last night Kendra?”

            “Oh, hey Macy. It wasn’t bad.”

            “So, so… Tell me all about it.”

            “Perhaps over lunch, I have to get to Geometry or I will be late again. I don’t want Mr. Olsen giving me another detention, if I get another I’ll have to take finals.”

            “Ooo yea, that’s a big deal. Well I will see you during lunch then, have fun in Geometry.”

            “As if.”

            Kendra made it to class just as the bell rang, and she was greeted by a white detention slip. ‘Oh come on!’

            She filled it out and tried to stay awake during the class, but felt it very difficult. She disliked Geometry, it was just so very boring and dull, plus Mr. Olsen was just so old and his teaching style was so last century, it made his class quite tough. She blinked.

            Kendra found herself in seventh hour as though she had been there for hours. The day had progressed rather slowly, and she had a very bad feeling creeping over her. The school was on lockdown for an intruder. No one knew whether it was a drill or the real deal, as they never told anyone, but this time was different, Kendra had a very bad feeling.

            There was the sound of a scuffle come from outside their room door, the students were under the desks, and the teacher was in the corner of the room attempting to figure out what was going on. There was a loud crash and the door exploded inward. Wood shrapnel flew in all direction and someone screamed.

            Someone no one recognized stood in the doorway. A large hulking figure that looked very scary surveyed the room. Its face was hidden, and its unseen eyes scanned through the room as it slowly turned its head. Kendra felt its gaze sweep over her leg and lock onto her face. When she returned it’s gaze, it moved into the room.

            She didn’t know what was happening, but Kendra was scared. She backed away, but the hulking figure came closer, and closer; until it’s arm reached out for her. Kendra shrieked and she  hid her face. Something happened, she expected him to have grabbed her by now, but she didn’t feel him. Everything in the room fell silent.

            She raised her head, and was absolutely shocked and stunned. The figure lay sprawled on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding his body, he twitched. He had soared through several rows of desks. Wood lay all over, papers were scattered, and there were shocked students everywhere.

            Slowly everyone began to notice, the blood was not that of the stranger, but that of the student he had landed on. The force of the blow had broken the kid’s ribcage, and a piece of metal had punctured his spine.

            They found out later, after being rescued by the police the intruder had died of some unknown cause. The student had died upon impact with the ground. The school did not continue that day, the students were released, and everyone who knew the kid were sent to counselors.

            No one openly declared anything, but the people who saw the incident silently blamed Kendra for what happened. No one knew what happened, but they blamed her nonetheless.

            Kendra did not like the way her dream was turning out. She didn’t want to remember these things. And they didn’t even seem to be complete memories. She screwed up her face and her arm jolted with a surge of power. Her finger tips sparked.

            Macy had been in the car when she saw what she thought was Macy and David’s plane fly over head. She waved bleakly, and her father asked her how the weekend went in her opinion.

            “Oh, it was pretty neat.”

            “You miss her don’t you?”

            “Yes. Yes I do.” Macy thought about David, her father didn’t know about him, nor would he ever.

            She tried hard to remember all of what happened last year, the year Kendra had to leave. But she just wasn’t there, so all she knows is what she was told. And she doesn’t know whether any of it was true or not. It seemed at the time a science fiction event, a play, something fake and not real. But now, after meeting David for the first time, and Kendra again, she wasn’t so sure. Was it true? Could the stories and rumors be true? She didn’t know.

            Macy made it home, and locked herself into her room again. Her father didn’t quite know what to make of this, but guessed she was tired and wanted to go back to bed, so he left her be. Macy went to the other side of Kendra’s Iron Curtain, and saw the house was still there; just as she had left it.

            She got down on her hands and knees, and inspected the dwelling. After being satisfied it was still there, she laid down on her stomach and fiddled with it. She opened the doors, the windows, and played around with their hinges.

            When the front door snapped off, she realized just how fragile the building was. She looked at it, and longed to see what was inside of it. She contemplated peeling off the roof, and as her fingers tugged at the sides she noticed it wasn’t coming off in one piece, and she left it be.

            She began to remember her antics of yesterday, and with a gasp remembered something terrible. With a flash she flew into the air and bolted outside to the location of the first destroyed car. It wasn’t there, but she could tell there was something there before hand. She followed her path…

            “What happened next?”

            When she walked by her pool, she slowly looked into it. She threw someone into the pool, she just figured it out. She had never gone back to get him. Had Kendra? She had to be sure of it.

            She first inspected the pool itself, looking for a body floating on the side, something on the bottom, and even in the filtration system. She found nothing out of the ordinary. She then looked through the grass, slowly working her way around the pool; when she saw it.

            There was something small crumpled on the ground next to the crevice, hidden between the concrete and the dirt. It was blue and white. Upon further inspection, she found a small unconscious man. With delicate fingers, she picked his limp body up, and inspected it. He was mostly dried, but unconscious. However he was breathing very raggedly. She took him inside.

            Macy sat on the ground next to her bed, and put the unconscious fellow on the bed in front of her. He was cold to the touch, so she spent some time trying to warm him up. Her fingers and friction just weren’t doing the trick, when she had a stroke of genius. She brought her lips close to him, and opened her mouth almost around him, she breathed out.