- Text Size +

Chapter Five

by

Invisible Ink

 

Sweat dripped over our bodies as we found ourselves attached to the pulsating breasts of our daughter.  Our hair coated in Katherine's sweat which would bead down her breast and onto us as she ran down the street.  As each moment passed I could feel myself slip deeper into this succubus of hell.  My head was forced back vertically by Katherine's sports bra so I had the unfortunate luxury of watching each and every bead of sweat drip down towards me.  

My eyes would fixate on the beads of sweat that drew closer and closer until one exploded against my face. The sweat would then burn into my eyes, seep into my hair as if it were a sponge. However, the worst of it was that the sweat would pierce my lips and trickle into my mouth no matter how tightly I pressed my lips shut.  The sweat was hitting me at such a rapid pace that I was forced to swallow it or drown as there was just no time to spit it back out. In fact opening my mouth would be like a suicide mission as that would just allow for even more of the putrid sweat to slither into my mouth.

The constant jostling of her breasts as Katherine Jogged was beginning to make me sick. I knew her sports bra was supporting her breasts so that they wouldn't actually be moving around that much.  This made idea of being stuck against her breasts with a regular bra was absolutely terrifying. In fact I didn't think I would be able to take it if that were the case.

As Katherine continued to jog the sounds of life swirled all around us. Samantha and I could hear the idle chat she was having with her friend Chelsea as they continued on their jog discussing boys, movies, social events, and various topics that parents wouldn't normally be privy to hearing.  The entire experience was quite humbling. 

I could picture my daughter and her friend running by people in our neighborhood. Not a single one suspecting the diabolical nature of my little girl. It’s frightening to be in such a position that no matter how loud you yell, or how much you struggle nothing you do will be enough. You are completely at the mercy of another being.

The jog continued, going on and on. I wanted desperately to find out how Samantha was holding up, however all either of us could do was focus on just keeping ourselves alive. As at any moment if we wouldn't have swallowed enough of Katherine's sweat so that we could get a gasp of air in before the next bead of sweat rained down on us it could have be spelled the end for either of us.

As the jogging slowed to a walk I felt a sense of relief wash over me as the jostling settled down to just a gentle wobble. A second later a cool blast of air hit us. We were both drenched in sweat from the seemingly endless jog. As the cool air hit us the sweat that had been soaked into Katherine's top and sports bra begun to cool, in turn we started to shiver as the cooling sweat drew colder and colder.   The relief that had encompassed me was quickly expelled as I remembered just where Katherine went on her jogs. She always ran up to the YMCA with Chelsea as they offered a yoga class, and then they would run back home afterwards. 

A sense of liberation hit us as we felt ourselves being pulled away from Katherine's chest. As she lowered the sports bra to her lap I tried to stand up but my muscles wouldn’t respond. We had been so tightly held against her that our blood flow had been restricted. The entire experience had been quite overwhelming. The top of the rim of my daughters sports bra looked so high up I feared it would be a repeat of the cereal bowl.

"Katherine, why are you doing this?" I heard Samantha Sob. My heart fluttered a bit with the knowledge that Samantha was okay and sounded none worse for the wear. I on the other hand was another story. All the times Samantha had berated me for not going to gym, or exercising with her had came back to haunt me. I had never been much of an athlete and I was completely spent. I was doing all I could to suck in as much air as possible. Haggling for my freedom from Katherine wasn't even close enough to be a distant thought.

"Poor babies, was Katherine's little jog too much for you?" She taunted down at us. I couldn't help but feel her eyes judging me as they condescendingly looked down at my pathetic display.

"Katherine, is your father okay? Can I see him please? I beg of you." I heard Samantha shout. I turned my head slightly and could see the jubilation in Katherine's eyes. She was relishing this.

Thinking back on everything it shouldn't have really surprised me. Katherine had always been somewhat of a bossy person. If you gave her an inch she'd take a mile. I'm pretty sure that's why she took to babysitting so naturally. People were entrusting her with younger kids in which she could lord over. People were giving her the opportunity to be in charge. Now, it seems Samantha and I may be on the wrong end of one of Katherine's power trips.

"I suppose you can see him, just climb over to the other cup and take a look" Laughs Katherine as she looks down at her mother struggling to climb out of the cup of her bra.

"Kat! Hurry up already. You've been changing forever." Chelsea shouted. I desperately wanted to call out to her, I had the disillusioned thought that Chelsea would walk in and see what was going on and whisk Samantha and I off to the safety of medical professionals. It was a silly thought; however, it was the only thing keeping me going at that moment. The thought that if I could just hold out a bit longer, be just a little bit stronger someone was surely to find us.

"Whoa, what’s, what’s going on." I heard Samantha say just before everything started to tumble downwards.  The freefall was a euphoric feeling. Similar to that of what you get when you go sky diving. Unfortunately for us we had no ripcord to pull and everything came to a crashing halt as if we were in a car wreck. I was flung from the bra and tumbled several yards on the tiled locker room floor.

" Greg!!" I heard Samantha shout but try as I might I couldn't seem to open my eyes. My body hurt all over. I tried to sit up but my muscles wouldn't seem to respond. It felt like hours before I felt the gentle touch of Samantha lifting my head up and into her lap. Tears from her face dripped down onto me as she stroked me ever so gently.

"Greg, Greg, it's okay, I'm right here. We are going to be okay." Samantha said while showering me in hugs and kisses.

As I forced my swollen eyes to open I found myself unprepared for the magnitude of the situation that we were in. Katherine stood just a few feet from us stripping out of her running clothes. Just as she does at home she carelessly dropped them the ground. As the shorts hit the tile floor a gust of wind assaults us knocking Samantha to the ground.

"Katherine, help us. Your father is hurt! Katherine!!!" Samantha shouted as she ran back towards me.

"I'm going to shower before changing into my yoga clothes. If you plan on coming home with me I suggest you find a way to hitch a ride before I get back." Laughs Katherine as she lifts her foot up and stomps her barefoot onto the ground just inches from us. The shockwaves were violent enough to shake both Samantha and I. We both watch in terror as Katherine walks towards the showers.

"Greg, can you stand?" Samantha says but her voice is overpowered by two girls chatting as they casually walk into the locker room.

Samantha looks up at the two gigantic girls who seem to be heading right this way. She frantically grasps me from behind tucking her arms underneath mine in an effort to help me stand up. However, all I can see are these two gigantic women walking right for us.

"Greg, we have to get to Katherine's shorts. They aren't too far just about three feet from here. If we stay out in the open here we are going to get killed by those girls."Samantha shouted

"Are you crazy, they can help us." I yell back struggling to make it up to my feet.

"Greg, were going" Samantha says while flashing me the look. As badly as I wanted to try to seek out help from these girls, I knew better then to argue with Samantha when she gets that look. It's a losing battle which usually ends with me on the couch until i'm willing to admit that i'm wrong and to be fair usually I am.

"Fine lets go, can you help me up." I say reaching my hand out.

"Of course, however, if you had  just gone to the gym with me and shed that extra 50 pounds you have tacked on."

"Come on, Samantha! Are we really doing this right now." I managed to sputter out before a dingy black and white chuck taylor smashed down just behind us. As Samantha and I looked at each other we both gulped as she helped me to my feet. As soon as I put my full weight on my left leg I cried out in pain. 

The first step was brutal as I tried to shift as much of my weight onto Samantha as I could, however as a shadow loomed over head the realization that this just wasn't working was becoming more and more apparent by the moment.