- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The mission starts...
Tom arrived at the agreed upon location. After a few moments a cloaked figure stepped towards him from the shadows. She approached him and placed her hand on his face leaning to his ear. "What's today's passage", she asked.
"Exodus 2 verse 1", he recited to code.
"Come", she replied having gone through the ritual of confirming his identity, "we must hurry".

They rushed through darkened alleyways and finally arrived at a red painted door in a non descript narrow passage between two ordinary looking buildings. She removed a small golden key from her pocket and unlocked the door.

She took his hand and led him inside the building. Everything still looked normal. They went up three flights of stairs, down a whitewashed corridor, and up another flight before arriving at a plain metalic door. She removed a key card from the same pocket, slid it down a recepticle at the side, and the door slid open. The two ventured inside.

She pointed to another similar looking door on the other side of the room, opening it with her key card. This time though she stayed outside and let him enter on his own. As the door shut behind him with a metalic woosh, he had a strange sensation of shrinking...