- Text Size +

Chapter 8 – Wedding Ceremony & Reception

 

Well despite the drama with the maid of honor David and Carrie were determined to push on with the wedding. The food had already been ordered, deposits on venues had been paid and could not be refunded at this late date. And most importantly the honeymoon dates had already been set. So, sure enough the hour finally arrived. David was very nervous. He and his best man and groomsmen were standing on a small pedestal that would put them about waste high to the bridal party once they joined the ceremony. The bride's wedding band also sat next to them in a giant ring box.

 

Carrie's family and friends consumed both sides of the church, but David's family and friends had better seats. They were also more numerous, but because of their small statures were accommodated on the top of a large table in front of the first pew behind the groom's pedestal. Music began playing as the bridal party began making their entrances. None of the bridal party had gowns that drug the ground including the bride, out of safety concerns for David's family during the reception, but they were well past the knee in length.

 

One by one the bridal party took their places opposite the groom's pedestal. After the stand in maid of honor, Tina, made her way down the isle and took her designated place only a moment passed before the traditional bridal march began. All heads turned as the bride took center stage. She was tall even for a Gulliveran and her heels put her just over six foot two.

 

Her gown accentuated her long slender frame and natural hourglass figure. Her large bust was displayed appropriately with the proper amount of cleavage for the event. Her face was completely veiled as was tradition. David's jaw dropped. She had been working out and doing her best to prepare for today. She was a natural beauty anyway, but this was the finest that she had ever looked and she was all his. She slowly made her way to David's side. He could see her look down and smile at him even through the partial obscurity of the veil.

 

The clergyman read through the ceremony and David and Carrie's voices could be heard repeating the vows, David's of course was amplified. When it was time for the rings Tina handed a saucer with some tweezers and a tiny ring box on it to Carrie. Who gently used the tweezers and deposited the ring box into David's hand. For his part David's groomsmen team-opened Carrie's ring box and lifted the ring out rolling it to where David stood. It was waste high. Carrie plucked it up and placed her ring on her finger at the same time David placed his on his finger.

 

The clergyman read a few more passages and then pronounced them Mr & Mrs. David Colt. “David you may kiss your bride.” At this announcement Carrie lifted her veil and knelt at David's pedestal placing her chin on it and pursing her lips. David walked close to the giant read puckered lips and had to leap to kiss her bottom lip. When he landed the groomsmen were laughing because his face was completely red. Carrie then plucked David off the pedestal and carried him in the palm of her hand out of the chapel.

 

After the guests left for the reception, excepting the wedding party Carrie carried David back into the chapel for the pictures, which were problematic to say the least. First of course Carrie used some of her saliva to clean David's red lipstick covered face. Pictures of the bride and bride's family were taken as well as the bride and her bridal party. The same for the groom and his family and groomsmen. Cross family photos were simply scrapped.

 

A combined groomsmen bridal party pictured was taken with each woman holding a groomsmen in the palm of her hand and Carrie of course holding David. A picture of Carrie and David alone like this was also taken. Additional poses for them included Carrie straddling David, Carrie kneeling for a facial only with David standing on the pedestal, a POV shot from below David with Carrie looming above, and finally one of David clinging to Carrie's pinky finger with his arms and legs. After the photos were completed the wedding party departed for the reception which was in another location. Carrie and David of course sharing a limo.

 

When they arrived appetizers and drinks were being served by the caterers just as they had planned. The reception guests cheered as David and Carrie's arrival was announced by the DJ. They quickly took their seat at their reserved table and then the caterers began serving the main course. It was a tricky operation with two sets of guests there were actually two catering companies working together one Lilliputian and one Gulliveran. Dinner was served without a hitch which then led to the cutting of the cake.

 

Guests surrounded the giant table which held both the wedding cake and the Lilliputian guests. The cake was castle sized compared to the Lilliputians. Flash bulbs popped as Carrie removed the cake topper avatars of her and David. Setting them on the table. David got laughs from his family and friends as he kicked his avatar over and stood next to the one of Carrie hugging her hips because it was about two feet taller than he was.

 

Carrie cut a piece and sat it next to David who promptly ripped a large piece off. She knelt down and opened her mouth and he football tossed it in. Raising his hands acknowledging his score. Smiling Carrie plucked him off the ground pushed him headfirst but upside down into the top of the giant piece of cake to uproarious laughter and flash bulbs. “You're not the only one who can play to the crowd honey.” she said laughing watching as his legs were scissor kicking as he slowly worked himself out.

 

When he finally did he was covered in icing and so he slid down the side of the cake piece and hugged as many of his friends as he could. The whole episode was a riotous affair and it also gave him the necessary pretense to get out of his tux and into some real clothes which luckily his best friend John thought to bring for him.

 

For the first dance she held him close to her chest and slowly swayed to and fro on the dance floor to the music. As their song ended others joined in, but after the next song Carrie and David then left the dance floor to visit and mingle. Carrie's folks finally seemed to be warming up to David and Carrie finally met David's estranged mother. As the festivities came to an end Carrie carried David to the limo for their ride to the airport and their honeymoon.