- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ALICE SPRINGS, NORTHERN TERRITORY,
AUSTRALIA (EARTH-DXM)
* * * * *

"ROAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

Ray knew there was no time for another semi-circular blast on wide-beam. So, he resorted to the unexpected.

He waited until all the gigantized Kill-bites had almost converged on him. Then, he shrank back down to normal size!

It was admittedly a risky maneuver. One second too soon, and those mega-giant garhus might have crushed him underfoot before he could somersault to safety. One second too late, and they would have literally torn him to pieces. But, his timing proved just right. And, when he emerged from the somersault, he enlarged his dust-covered body back to mega-giant size.

"Fire in the hole!" he shouted. Whereupon, he used the last of the disruptor's energy to disintegrate the last of his adversaries.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, back on Earth-00090231, Agents 678 and 679 had managed to fight their way past the Knight Lizards. Using their disruptor rings to even the odds by disintegrating some of the sickle-swords at close range! Yet, just as they were about to run through the doorway behind the altar, at the back of the temple's amphitheater-sized foyer, another group of beings obstructed their way.

Specifically; a group of male Morphers dressed like Egyptian temple acolytes. While their high priest wore a black-and-gold striped headdress over a solid gold face mask. One that the two agents were quick to recognize as resembling ancient marble busts of Marc Antony.

That, however, was not as attention-grabbing as what occupied the right hands of these newest opponents. Walking staves that appeared to be crafted from silver-plated bamboo!

"Do you see what I see?" inquired Agent 679, ultra-sonically.

Agent 678 nodded: "Molecular disruptors with telescoping barrels. Only a hundred of those were manufactured before the end of the Norm-War."

In more conventional vocal range, he told the high priest: "You might as well un-mask. We know you're Sizeloan."

The latter laughed, and did as "requested."

"Greetings, gentlemen," he said, with a smug bow: "Jerktor Bigla of the Doomsday Society, at your...disservice!"

* * * * *

Back on Earth-DXM, Ray quickly joined Deborah by the satellite telemetry building. He then suggested that, instead of destroying the whole radar dish, it might be sufficient to simply bend the spaceward-pointing antenna in the center of it. Deborah nodded, and pointed to the right side of the dish.

"You bend it from that side, and I'll do the same from this one."

"Sounds like a plan," he replied.

"I'm so sorry," said a new voice: "But, I prefer the one we slaved over, for five years, much better."

Ray tried going for his gun. But, he was dissuaded from doing so by the sight of two gigantized disruptors aimed at him and Deborah. Each one held by a red-headed/green-eyed giantess. With each of _them_ flanking a third-such giantess. Only this one was dressed like Cleopatra VII.

"Who the frig are you?" demanded Deborah.

"Her worshippers call her Nekhebuto," said Ray (still drawing on the psychometric images he had memorized during his computer-hacking): "But, she used to be known as...Elizabeth Anderson of Madison, Wisconsin."

tbc