- Text Size +
Three of the Supernatural Hunters crept through the woods toward the Big Tree. Led by Cobalt, they had only one mission: Capture the werewolf at all costs. Cobalt would love to capture the naga as well, but the werewolf was enough. He had eluded fate and he had eluded him for the last time. There was no where left to run, no where left to hide. It took all of his will power to contain his excitement. After years of chasing him, he was finally going to catch his prey. His heart beat like a war drum in his chest as he and his two men with him tracked the creature through the woods. He made sure the others understood clearly. “This one is mine,” he said before they left, “No one is to touch him. This is my capture, my prey, and therefore my trophy. If either of you ignore that, I am making sure that you get left behind.”

They began to approach the tree. Cobalt’s heart raced even faster. He was close, so close he could smell him. He signaled for the other two to advance. They had to set the trapping equipment before either the freak or the nagas detected them. Victory was drawing near. For the briefest of moments, he wondered what he would do after this was all over. He had spent most of his career chasing this beast, but the thought passed just as quickly as it came. Now was not the time to think of such things. He had to get Guar first. He took a few calming breaths before stepping out, rifle in hand, completely loaded with the tranquilizer darts filled with the special poison used to kill this race.

What he saw surprised him. Guar was standing there facing him. The other two were just as stunned on either side of the protector. It was if he was waiting for them. He stood there in his cloak covering his whole body except for his head. His eyes looked different. They sparkled with a strange light. But what really bothered him was the feeling he got from them. He remembered quite clearly what it felt like every time Guar or one of his people looked at him. It felt like his soul was being invaded. Like they could see everything he had done. But this was different. It was more like he felt what Guar was feeling. And that feeling scared him. It was something he was all too familiar with from a lot of his prey. But he had never experienced it like this. So simple, and yet so unnerving… wrath.

Guar’s sightless eyes moved from each human. He didn’t say anything for several moments, then, calmly and flatly, he spoke. “Cobalt Hollister. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Cobalt only smiled back at him, tipping the brim of his hat before responding, “Indeed it has, Guar. I see you have decided not to run this time. Good. Frankly I have gotten tired of chasing your sorry rear all over the multi-verse.” Of course that was a lie. Guar had been the greatest hunt he had ever had or would ever have. Guar didn’t react much, only responded in the calm, flat tone. “Cobalt, you have some things that are under my care and I want them back. Mostly, I want the fairy, but the others do not belong to you either. They belong here in Felarya, not that hell hole you call a zoo.”

“So here are my conditions. Release everything you have captured, return to the Legacy Dimension, and never return. Do this and I promise you will not be harmed. Refuse, and neither you nor your men will make it out of Felarya alive.” All three Supernatural Hunters began laughing. But they soon stopped when they heard a woman’s voice coming from above and behind them. “I don’t think they are convinced, Guar.” They looked up to see two of the largest nagas they had ever seen, one a longhaired blond and the other a short, brunet.

“I don’t think they are either, Crisis.” Kat said, licking her lips, “Perhaps we can change that for them.” Quicker then the men could move, Crisis and Kat both sprang into action. They each grabbed the two on either side of Guar and looked them over hungrily, leaving Cobalt to face Guar alone. “Last warning, Cobalt.” Guar said flatly, as if nothing had happened. “Leave or die, your choice.” Cobalt simply sneered at the lone protector as he said, “this changes nothing, freak.” Guar just sighed, “Have it your way.” He removed his cloak to reveal the artifacts and drew the tonfas. “Crisis, Kat, take care of those two and go release Subeta and the others. I will deal with Cobalt.” Cobalt heard the girls giggle and then came screams. He looked up just in time to see his men vanish inside the mouths of the giant nagas and the satisfying, “GULP”

Cobalt looked in horror as he saw two wiggling lumps travel down their necks and disappear behind their chests. He wasn’t sure, but he thought he could also see their stomachs move. The nagas both looked at each other with a satisfied smile on their faces. “Wow,” Crisis said, “They tasted better than most humans do. Let’s go get some more, Kat.” Kat nodded fiercely in agreement. “Yah, lets go.” As they slithered away, the two foes could hear Kat say something about “never had a human that tasted better than slug girls”

Cobalt was not easily shaken, but watching a naga feed was enough to shake the hardest warriors. Two of them was more than he could stand. He finally turned back to Guar and roared at him, “You MONSTER! How could you let such beasts do that?” he aimed his rifle at Guar’s head and fired, but Guar dodged the dart with a step to the side. Cobalt had never seen Guar move so fast! He continued firing until the clip was empty. Not one dart hit Guar. Cobalt went on the move. He ran to his left, reaching for the full clip on his belt to replace the empty one, but Guar was on him in seconds. Halfway through the reload, Guar ducked under Cobalt and preformed a dragon punch to his jaw, sending him and the rifle flying in different directions. Cobalt hit the ground with a loud thump and a heavy “Oof!”

He stood back up and spit the blood coming from his cheek where he bit it. His eyes looked at Guar in defiance and discarded his black duster. He drew two field knives from holsters under his arms and the two long time enemies circled each other. “You know, Guar,” Cobalt said with venom in his voice, “you’re nothing but a big, lying hypocrite. You told me you protected humans when we first met, but you just sat by and watched as those monsters swallowed my men whole and alive. They are now melting to death, burning in stomach acid and there is no remorse on your face. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Guar’s features never changed. His face was as intent on the battle as ever. “It’s not who you protect, human,” he answered, refusing to call Cobalt by his name anymore, “It what you protect them from. You and your hunters have chased me and my kind all over the multi-verse. You killed us for sport just because it pleased you. You enslaved anything that came across your path that wasn’t like you. You lock them up in zoos and throw peanuts at them, demanding they do tricks for you. You display your kills as trophies no matter how sentient they are and for what, to get glory from your fellow man? So really the issue is quite simple. Who here is the REAL monster?”

Cobalt had heard enough. There was no way he would let such a freak talk to him like that. He attacked, screaming at Guar as he charged him. He came in low with a left swing, but Guar dodged it, swinging with his right. He hit Cobalt square in the chest, which caused him to back off, gasping for air. It didn’t stop him long, though, for he came back at Guar with a double stab down. Guar rolled away but he misjudged the distance and Cobalt sliced open his shin. This did not stop Guar with a counter attack. He swiped the wounded leg at Cobalt, tripping the already off balanced human. He landed next to Guar, who promptly swung down and smacked Cobalt across the chest. Guar rolled away and stood back on his feet, crouched and ready for another attack. Cobalt stood as well, wheezing from the smack to the chest he had just received. In pure rage, he drew back and threw one of the knives at Guar’s head. But Guar had trained himself for such a move and swatted it away with the tonfa, causing an explosion on impact and destroying the knife. The two combatants circled each other again. Cobalt was no fool. He knew Guar had improved somehow, but he wasn’t sure how. Perhaps it was the tonfas he now fought with. He twisted the remaining knife to where the blade was on the pinky side of his hand and reached behind him to pull out a large Bowie. More confident now having the larger blade, he again charged. Hearing the quickened footsteps, Guar did the same, their weapons colliding with each other and causing a shower of sparks to fly around them.


Back at the Supernatural Hunter’s camp, a fight was also being fought. But it was a little more one sided. The hunters were trying to capture the two giant nagas that had entered their camp and were losing the battle greatly. The attack started when the ill-fated guide with the bomb strapped to his neck was swallowed by the blond naga. She smiled happily when the screaming, Felaryan human went sliding down her throat. Hoping to at least stun her, one of the hunters pressed the button to detonate the collar. Unfortunately for him, all that happened was a soft rumble from Crisis’s stomach, which was followed by a huge burp that spewed black smoke from her mouth as she did. He didn’t get to see it, though, because he was the next one to be picked up by Katrika, who also swallowed him promptly.

The battle… or rather the buffet, continued on like that for a while. Kat and Crisis would slither around and pick off each hunter one by one. Stephens, who was left in charge in Cobalt’s absence, was also the last hunter left who hadn’t been eaten. He decided it was time to leave. “Damn Cobalt, damn this hunt, and damn these nagas. It just isn’t worth the trouble.” He pulled out the DGP and opened an emergency gateway back to his home world. “There are more here than just nagas and werewolves. I’ll come back with a more suitable force for this cursed place.” Seeing that Crisis had noticed him at that moment, he jumped into the vortex, inches away from being snagged by her huge hand.

With all the hunters gone, Crisis got to work on Subeta’s cage. “Hi Subeta. Glad to see you’re alright. Sorry we didn’t leave you any, but it would have been rather annoying to have to deal with them while trying to free you.” Subeta was not amused “Just get me out of here.” Crisis pulled at that cage for some time until it finally bent enough to where Subeta could slip out. “Where’s that leader of theirs?” Subeta said, grabbing her glove and growing to Crisis’s height, “I’m gonna kill him!” Crisis just began to work on the next cage with the small kensha beast in it. “He is fighting with Guar right now.” Subeta flew off in an angry rush. “He better not kill him first. Someone has to suffer for this and I would rather it be that leader.”

Back at the fight, Cobalt and Guar were still at it. There were back to circling each other with Cobalt breathing heavy with rage. He had face Guar’s kind before and never had they shown such skill in hand to hand. Guar was fast, agile, and it was as if he had been training for years just for this moment. A truth about Guar slowly settled in his mind… he was no match for the protector. He had to get to the rifle. It was his only hope. Quickly he scanned the area for it. Where had it gone? It had to have landed… there! Next to Guar’s foot was the weapon, the full clip not far from it. Quickly, he charged again. Guar became ready for the attack, but it never came, instead, Cobalt ducked under Guar’s arm and scooped the rifle and clip up, slamming the clip home as he did. He turned, aimed the weapon at Guar, and laughed.

“Well, Guar. It would seem that this little fight of ours has come to an end. I must admit, you had me running pretty good there for a while. But now, your head is mine.” He cocked the gun and took aim. “Good bye… freak.” He fired.

Much to his surprise, the dart never found its target. It hit the tunic and bounced off as if it had hit a brick wall. Cobalt was stunned and Guar used that to his advantage. He charged Cobalt, grabbed the gun, and threw it in the air. He leaped after it and clacked it between his tonfas, causing the gun to explode. When he landed, he charged Cobalt again. Cobalt watched in amazement. It happened so fast, and yet it was as if he saw it all in slow motion. Leaping into a Dragon kick, Guar landed a solid blow on Cobalt’s face, forcing him on his back. Guar waited no time. He rolled back to his feet and leaped again, landing on Cobalt’s chest and crossing the tonfas over his neck.

“It’s over, Cobalt. Now I will ask you again. Leave Felarya, and never return.” He got of Cobalt’s chest and put the tonfas way in their holsters behind his back. Without saying another word, he turned and walked in the direction that Crisis and Katrika had gone. Cobalt stood and sneered at Guar angrily. He had no intention of doing what he was told by some freak like Guar. He stood and hobbled off into the woods. He had to get back to camp so he could regroup.

But he never made it. Halfway to camp, he ran into a very large (and very upset) fairy with a single glove on her left hand. He was too wounded to escape her, but that didn’t stop him from trying. He started to hobble off, but Subeta cut him off and picked him up. She stared him in the face and smiled deviously. “The name is Subeta. Get use to hearing it because you are about to go to a place where you’ll be a part of me forever. Can I get you anything, something to eat, perhaps? Oh, wait. I’m the one who will be eating. Never mind.” And with that, she tossed him up into the air, caught him in her mouth, and swallowed.