- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kids are cruel.

“Hey, Shirley,” smiled Michael devilishly. “The boys and thought that as a token of gratitude for that wonderful lesson in poker, we’d get you something, so here’s the last of our treat stash – a single can of cola.“

“Awe, thanks boys,” Shirley blushed. “Uh - but it’s already open.”

“Toby was going to drink it, but I thought you should have it,” Jason said with a matching devilish smile to his two friends.

The girl took a sip of the cola and nodded at the boys in thanks, but as soon as she did, Toby burst out laughing.

“Quit it!” Jason said, punching his laughing friend in the arm.

 “What’s so funny?” asked Shirley causing Michael to join in the unknown hilarity.

Jason finally joined in too, as she took a couple more big gulps of the cola.

“We all spit in it!” Jason shouted out and now the entire class joined in the laughter.

Shirley’s blushing face suddenly became white and then slightly green. She grabbed a garbage can and gagged in to it but nothing came out.

 

Ms Snicket, who had just been walking down the hall to check on the new substitute teacher heard the commotion and barged into the classroom.

“what is the meaning of – aaaaaahg!” the principal screamed as vomit propelled at her cardigan sweater.

“Where’s Mr. Davis?” asked Ms Snicket in one of those voices so sweet it was mad.

The class fell silent.

“G – going to find you,” answered Toby, who was looking down at his feet.  “Shirley is sick and he didn’t know what to do.”

The principal looked around at the class. No one dared to make eye contact with her.

“Is this true class?” the Ms Snicket asked. The answer to her question was a furious nodding of heads. “Well, I’m going to get changed, and when he comes back, tell him to find me in my office. Shirley – please go to the nurses office, dear, before anything else happens.”

The nodding continued until Ms Snicket was ten feet down the hallway.

 

“Here goes nothing” said Tom ready to dive down into Shirley’s intestines.

He was just about to dive, then without warning there was a jerk upward and he was engulfed in stomach acid, and he fell back down again.

Tom has just enough time to ask himself what the hell was that when he was lurched back up again. Up and up and then light! Tom felt himself hurtling through the air. All he could see was a mix of stomach juices and blurted faces and then he hit something solid and clung on to it for dear life.

“WHERE’S MR. DAVIS?” a voice boomed from overhead.

“Ah fuck,” said the poor vomit soaked substitute teacher as he slid slowly into the principal’s cleavage.