- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For the one's of loyal readers who want to know what happened with the title characters.
SISKIYOU COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
EARTH-DXM (AUG. 12, 2009)

* * * * *

Agents 678 and 679 reported to the monitoring station, atop Mount Shasta, to see what its resident operations manager had picked up.

"As per the Chief Surveillant's orders, I've been watching for sudden surges in power matching the described warp-frequency. This is what I picked up."

He showed them a list.

"Harrisburg, Oregon: Earth-MRG
Harrisburg, Nebraska: Earth-DXM
Ashford, Nebraska: Earth-MRG
Harrisburg, South Dakota: Earth-DXM
Manson, Iowa: Earth-MRG
Iowa County, Wisconsin: Earth-DXM
Natrona County, Wyoming: Earth-MRG"

"We lost him after that," continued the ROM: "Due to geomagnetic interference from the old Cloud Creek Meteor crater."

"Clever," replied Agent 678: "From there, Cimoc could resume his normal state, and flow straight for the nearest public transport without detection."

"What puzzles me," his partner remarked: "...is why a Morpher would be working for the Sitmobtia, in the first place. They're pretty ethnocentric. Considering themselves better than all single-shape races put together!"

"Perhaps we'll find the answer to that question in Australia. What do you have for us on CTG Enterprises?"

The ROM activated his holosphere (identical to that used by the agents; though not as portable).

"It started out as 'Cross Time Gifts.' A Swiss watch-making firm founded in Nova Friburgo, Brazil (circa 1930) by Signor Gian-Carlo Della Croce. An emigre' from Ticino-canton, Switzerland. In 1935, he married Suziko Honda, a niho-brasiliero from Sao Paulo. And, in 1948, they emigrated to Portuguese Timor, Indonesia. Forty years later, their children sold the company to 'Dai-No-Byte' (a Japanese electronics concern), who promptly relocated it to Canberra, for the manufacturing of digital Rolex knock-offs. It's expanded, diversified, and obviously been re-named, since then."

"Precisely, where in Canberra are they headquartered?" asked Agent 678.

"Black Mountain Tower," replied the ROM. Whereupon, he called up the holograph of an impressive-looking edifice. Snow-white exterior; roughly pear-shaped structure; and dozens of telecommunication satellite dishes.

"One word of warning, though," concluded the ROM: "It's the middle of subequatorial winter in Australia. So, dress for inclement weather."

Both agents nodded, before activating their teleportons, and departing.