- Text Size +

Chapter four

 

"What's going on out there?"

Tracey looked down at the tiny man by her feet.

"All I know is that Katharina has arrived and I presume they're fighting her right now."

"We're tried of being small and helpless." Several men and women told her.

"Well your not get restored until we know it’s safe." She told them.

"I should have listened to my girlfriend." One man cried.

"Oh and why'd that?" Tracey asked.

"She tried to get me to flee town with her. But I said it was safer here. Oh why didn't I listen to her?"  

 

"Why didn't I listen to my boyfriend?" Peggy cried as she ran for her life. Earlier that morning she had been playing with a SW she had bought online when without warning she found herself back in town.

"I thought Mark was nuts when he suggested that we hide in Sara's house." Peggy thought to herself. The truth was she had mixed feelings toward Sara. Peggy liked her but felt the need to try to dominate her. When Sara refused to be a pet, Peggy had a craving to dominate shrunken people. Going as far to buy them online. So the thought of being shrunk terrified her and being in a position where Sara could have her revenge was more than she could stand.

 

"Peggy is that you?" She heard a voice ask. She looked down and saw Sara.

"Sara, I'm sorry for the way I treated you before. Please help me!" She cried.

"Too late!" Katharina cried before crushing them underfoot.

 

At first Sara thought she was in hell. There was blood and flesh all around her. All of it stuck to a surface. Then it hit her that she was on the bottom of Katharina's foot.

"It's a shame that you can't die. Things would be so much easier if you mini goddesses died after being stepped on."

 

"The same could be said for you. You big bully." Cherry said as she hit Katharina. Unfortunately she could only reach 2,600 feet in height putting her at a disadvantage.

While this was going on, Sara teleported herself off Katharina's foot and next to Andrea's side.

 

"I regret to say all my efforts to lure her away from town have failed." Andrea told her.

They then watched as Katharina picked Cherry up by the neck.

"I don't like people who attack me." She then sucked punched Cherry.

 

At 3,000 feet in height Bolar felt like a mighty giant. He wished he could get even bigger, but he was near the limits of his growth potential. He went to intercept Katharina but Tammy stepped in the way.

"Where do you think your going loser?" She asked.

"Loser! Don't you know who I am?" Bolar shouted.

"Yes I do, you’re the sizechanger who arrived an hour too late at Brooke's apartment."

"You know about that?" Bolar asked. But instead of answering an 800-foot sword appeared in her hands.

"Oh shit!" Bolar cried. He tried to shrink her but she stabbed him through the chest before he could make much of an effort.

Bringing her height back up to 3,000 feet she then cut off Bolar's head. Watching as it hit the ground crushing people. His body did likewise and rivers of purple blood flowed. 

"What a dummy." She muttered.

 

Meanwhile Andy was fighting Cindy. They were doing there best to shrink other. But they since had size changing abilities it was a case of shrink and grow. That is until Andy saw Bolar loose his head.

"Bolar!" He cried. It was the distraction Cindy needed. She quickly shrank him back to normal size. Worse Tammy was bearing down on him.

 

"Looks like Stanley Charm will be putting out the help wanted sign after today." Tammy muttered.

"Somebody help me." He cried.

 

Meanwhile Cherry was also crying out for help.

"You're wasting your breath. Your friends are unable to aid you." Katharina gloated. "Any last words before I choke your pretty neck?" Katharina asked.

 

"LEAVE HER ALONE!"

 

Surprised Katharina looked up and saw a 3,000-foot man. A man she recognized.

"Maxar!" She asked.

At the sound of the name the super witches dropped what they were doing.

"That's my girlfriend you're choking there."

"Ex girlfriend." Cherry wanted to say but wanted to save her breath.

Katharina tried to give Maxar a knock out punch but ran into a smart shield.

"Ow! Cindy, Tammy, take care of this pest."

 

"We heard about you. You’re the Sizechanger who thinks he's a god." Cindy said.

"I have you know that I'm the most powerful Sizechanger in the multiuniverse." Maxar told them.

"Think the Size Ranger would disagree with you." Tammy then swung her 800-foot sword at Maxar, but it broke on contact with his smart shield.

Cindy then tried her best to shrink Maxar, but didn't have any luck. Then both tried using fireballs against him but only ended up burning themselves.

"This isn't fun anymore." Cindy muttered.

"Let's go home." Tammy muttered.

Both super witches then disappeared from sight.

 

"I got to get myself one of those shields." Sara muttered.

"You mean like the one surrounding your house?" Andrea asked.

"What!"

 

While the super witches where busy with Maxar, Katharina resumed her destruction of the town. As luck would have she reached the Cole's house. The house crumbled under her weight but the shield surrounding Sara's house remained intact. Katharina frowned she sensed the smart shield.

 

"So that what Mr. G meant when he said my house is crush proof."

 

Katharina started to curse but then saw Maxar coming toward her.

"I'm not finished with you yet." He told her.

"I not afraid of a 3,000-foot man." She told him. To her horror he began to grow.

"How about a 6,000-foot man?" He asked after he had stopped growing.

“This isn't happening." Katharina cried as he lifted her into the air.

"What so I do with this piece of trash?" Maxar asked Cherry.

"Take her back to her home world to finish her off." She replied.

He and Maxar then disappeared from sight.

 

"That's some powerful boyfriend you got there." Sara told Cherry.

"Ex-boyfriend. The only reason why he doesn't force himself on me is because Mr. G won't let him." Cherry replied.

"Sounds like an interesting story between you two."

"A story I don't want to get into right now. Come on we got a lot of clean up to do."

 January 3 2003

It took a day for the Sizechangers, humans (out of the 3600 brought to town by the super witches 1200 survived) and mini goddesses to clean up enough of the town to feel it was safe to restore the people living in Sara's and Andrea's house. Some people didn't like what they saw when they were restored.

 

"We lost everything." Henry Cole cried after looking over the remains of his house.

"No." Sara replied. "You still have your lives." 

"She's right." Susan Cole said, trying to comfort her husband.

"Still I doubt my insurance will cover this." Henry muttered.

"I'm more worried about Katharina. Will she be back?" Susan asked.

 

"Good question. Wish I could say for certain yes or no." Andrea replied.

"Wish you won't sneak up on me."

"Sorry. I'm here to say goodbye at least for now. I'm needed elsewhere. The Sizechangers will be leaving in a few days as well."

"Sorry to hear that. But before you go where can I get one of those size change guns?" Sara asked.

"Well you can steal one from one of Dolly Hitler's gun factories or you can ask Mr. G for one."

"Who's Dolly Hitler?" Sara asked.

"She's a SW who rules much a SW-space. Personally I would deal with Mr. G. Anyway I got to run. But don't hesitate to see me or call me if you feel the need."

"All right." The two mini goddesses hugged. Then Andrea was gone.

"To think just a few days ago I hated her. Now were friends." Sara muttered.

"So now what?" Henry asked.

“Think I'll have another chat with Mr. G and pray it's a long time before GTS-Goddesses return to this world." Sara answered.

 

Interlude

Mr. G was waiting for her in the void.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

"An end to the GTS/SW war would be nice."

"I have already decided the year when the war will end. I will not end it sooner."

"You’re saying you have the future all mapped out?"

"Parts of it. Broad outlines but not all the details."

"All right can you at least tell me wither or if Katharina will attack again."

"She does want revenge against you and your world. If she has her way, millions of people on your world will die."

"But will she get her way?" Sara asked but Mr. G refused to answer her.

"Answer me this then. Why did you turn me into a mini goddess?"

"You’re the one who wanted to be a goddess. I just gave you want you wanted."

"I didn't ask to be shrunk."

"True. But I gave you everything else you asked for. You asked for eternal life, I gave to you. You asked for magic powers, I gave them to you. You should have known there would be a price to pay."

"But to be shrunk."

"Would you rather have become a GTS-Goddess instead?"

Sara started to say yes, but changed her mind.

"Something to think about isn't it? Before I go here's a gift for you."

A shrink gun (also known as a size change gun) appeared in Sara's hands.

"Thank you Mr. G."

"You're welcome now if you excuse me. There are other matters that require my attention."

He then disappeared from sight leaving her alone in the void.