- Text Size +

Chapter three

 

January 1 2003

 

"Where do we stand?" Andrea asked Sara.

"We got 480 people willing to be shrunk at our end. We got an assembly line system going." She pointed to the line of people before Sara's house. They would walk up to the house where they would get shrunk to a quarter of an inch in height. Then they would walk inside the house.

"Mindy and Marbonear are inside working on portable toilets and a mini kitchen. How are things on your end?"

"I've shrunk 120 volunteers, who are staying at my place. Looks like everyone else has decided to flee or to fight it out."

"That's only 600 people all together. I hope to God, I'm wrong about what's going to happen to those who fled town."

 

While she was talking, her parents came walking by.

"Guess we can't put it off any more." Henry Cole muttered.

"Yeah, we have to get in line." Susan added.

"Actually I can shrink you right now." Andrea said.

"With that tiny gun?" Henry asked.

"Yes. I assure you its safe. Want to try it, or do you prefer to wait in line?"

"Guess we'll try it. Can you do both of us at once?" Henry asked.

"I prefer to do one person at a time."

"All right, do me first then."

Andrea aimed the gun at Henry then fired. Henry was engulfed in red light, and then he rapidly began to shrink.  Sara watched as he shrank from a towering giant to a man small enough to fit into her hand.

"Henry you're so tiny. Oh!" Susan cried as the shrink ray hit her. She rapidly dwindled to a quarter of an inch in height.

 

"Everything is so big." Henry cried.

"It's not permanent. You'll get restored once the danger has passed. Want a ride to my house?" Sara asked she brought her hand down to the ground. Her parents then claimed aboard.

"Never thought I would see the day that I would have my parents in the palm of my hand. I feel like a giantess."

"You're enjoying this?" Susan asked.

"If there was another way to keep you safe, I would have done it mom." Sara replied. "Must admit I can see why Peggy treated me the way she did. But don't worry I have no plans to treat you as pets."

"I would hope not." Henry replied. Sara then carried her parents into her home.

 

After putting her parents on the floor, Sara went to check up on Mindy and Marbonear.

 

"How's it coming?" Sara asked them.

"We should be finished within the hour." Mindy replied.

"That's good news. Let me know if you need anything."

"I've heard that mini goddesses can make anything out of thin air. Is that true?" Marbonear asked.

"I won't say anything. But I can make objects. What do you have in mind?"

"It would be helpful if you can make food appear out of thin air."

“That shouldn't be a problem as long as it's not too fancy."

 

Later that night after supper, Sara looked over the crowd of little people in her living room. There were men, woman and children in some cases entire families.

"How is everyone holding up?" She asked.

Most people said fine but a few people complained about how small they were.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but there wasn't enough room for hundreds of six inch tall people in this house. Now if you excuse me I got things to plan."

 

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" Andy asked Sara.

"I've been talking it over with Andrea. We are going to try to drive her away from town or at the very least confront her. While you Sizechangers take care of things here.

Andy frowned.

"I want to more than that. I want to be out there fighting her."

"Me too. I was one of the hundred who came back home. I'm sure I can handle a GTS-Goddess." Bolar added.

"The who?" Sara asked.

"The hundred sent after Brooke. I was one few who made it back. "

"I'm curious what happened to the rest?" Andrea asked.

"I always wondered what it was like to be one of the hundred." Tracey said.

"Let's see, that darn Maxar was the one who caught Brooke. I know of six Sizechangers who came home empty-handed. At least ten died in the search. As for the rest no one knows. Although I like to think there alive somewhere in the Mimimizer controlled universes. As for what it was like, the video game 'The hunt for Brooke" from Kim Buck's world gives a good idea what it was like." Bolar replied.

"As much as I want to learn more about the great Brooke hunt we got bigger things to worry about. You know if you go into battle your putting your life at risk?"

"It's a risk we're willing to take." Several Sizechangers replied.

"Fine, but I want at least two Sizechangers to stay here and one at Andrea's place."

"As you wish Sara." The Sizechangers replied.

 January 2 2003 

A clear sky dawned over the town of Donville, Ontario. Paul Hoffman wondered if it would the last one he would see.

"There still time to hide you know. This isn't your fight."

Paul looked down at the mini goddess by his feet.

"This is my town Andrea. I refuse to run or to hide. "

"But it's suicide to stay."

"Rather die like a man. Than live as a coward."

"At the very least have the Sizechangers enlarge you to mega giant size so you can meet her on equal terms."

"And risk having the town being crushed under my feet? No thanks."

 

Katharina approached the town. She wasn't surprised to see the streets deserted. She was a little surprised to see that Sara had another mini goddess with her and was very surprised to see a man walk toward her.

"I am Paul Hoffman. Mayor of Donnville. I order you to leave my town."

Katharina giggled.

"You’re either brave or stupid little man. You remind me of a mayor I once read about. Mr. Nutman I believe his name was."

"Who?" Paul asked. But instead of answering him Katharina brought her foot down on him with a mighty CRUNCH.

 

"That was cold blooded murder." Sara told Katharina.

"I did your world a favour by killing him. Now I'm going to kill your parents."

"No you're not, there in a safe place where you can't hurt them."

"Oh really! It's time you to meet my secret weapon.  Come on out super witches."

A3,000-foot blond and a 3,000-foot brunette appeared by Katharina's side. The mini goddesses recognized them.

"Oh no! It's the tease that mortal witches. This is going to be bad." Andrea cried.

"Cindy! Tammy! What are you doing here?" Sara asked.

"Giving Katharina a hand." Cindy replied.

"But when I last saw you where were asking about interfering with Survivor: the backyard and then Mr. G said to tease some Sizechangers."

"What!" Cried the Sizechangers who were listening in on the conversation."

"Well in the case of the SW casino universe. Certain hostile elements have entered the plot. We’re betting that the wildlife and hostile humans will kill off most of the contestants." Cindy replied.

"And if not, we can always give them a little nudge in the direction we want them to go.'" Tammy added.

"Enough chit chat. Make Sara's parents appear in the palm of my hand right now." Katharia commanded.

The witches cast a spell and frowned when it didn't work.

"We are unable to comply. There in an area where our magic can't reach." Tammy explained.

"What! Are you saying you witches can't help?"

"I wouldn't say that. You want to kill off as many town people as possible right?"

"Of course. Get to the point."

"Let's try this spell. Let all the people who think they escaped Donville appear at our feet."

To the mini goddesses horror, 3600 people appear at the giantesses feet.

"Oh no! It's everyone who fled town. I was afraid of this." Sara cried.

 

The townspeople were confused. They were in the middle of doing a thousand different things when they suddenly found themselves back in town. The puzzlement turned to horror when they saw Katharina and the two gigantic super witches by her side.

"Surprise! Thought you could get away did you?" People got on their hands and knees and begged for the lives, but she was unmoved.

"I sentence this town and it's people to death. Let the slaughter begin."

"Not we can help it." Came from the throats of three Sizechangers.

 

Interlude (actually a change of POV)

"Welcome to BET'S R US live coverage of the Battle of Donville."

"Battle is right Dave. On one side we have Katharina the GTS-Goddess, Cindy and Tammy Spell also known as the Tease that Mortal super witches. On the other side we have the mini goddesses Sara and Andrea and the SizeChangers Bolar, Andy and Cherry,

 

"Don't forget the 3600 humans trying to get out the way Donna."

"So who will win this mini goddess /Sizechanger Vs GTS-Goddess/super witch fight? Will any humans outside Sara's house survive? Place your bets now."

 

To be continued