- Text Size +

Chapter two

 

December 31 2002

 

Sara was getting frustrated. The past few hours she had been researching Katharina on the inter universe net. What she found wasn't encouraging. She read how she won the war for Nazi Germany. How she defeated every army that opposed her. How almost all attempts at rebellion failed. What really worried her was Katharina's reputation of punishing the family and friends of people who pissed her off. Sara didn't want her parents to suffer.

 

Another thing haunting her was Mr. G's remark that her house was crush proof. That any mortals inside the house would be safe from attack.

"I don't have the power to shrink people, how I'm I going to get people in this house?" She wondered.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the house. Sara went to the window. Her mother was standing outside.

"We're about to go to the big town meeting. Are you coming with us?" She asked.

Sara shook her head.

"Don't have anything to add that I haven't already told the mayor. No, think I'll go to Wishbone to see if they have any ideas there."

 

Sara was surprised at how busy Wishbone was.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"We're preparing for the year end party." A waitress replied.

After a few minutes of searching, Sara located Stanley Charm.

 

"Welcome Sara, how did you chat with Mr. G go?" Stanley asked.

She told him the whole conversation with Mr. G.

"Interesting, your house must have magical protection." Stanley commented.

"But it's built to my scale. Is it possible to get a smart shield big enough to protect the whole town?"

"Not by January 2nd." Stanley replied.

"How about making  a wish?"

"Risky and once you make it you can't take it back."

"Nuts. There are several thousand people in Donville. How can I get them in a house designed for a six inch tall person?" Sara cried.

"I think I can help." Two voices said at once.

Sara wasn't surprised that Andy would volunteer to help. But seeing Andrea volunteer surprised her.

"What you can do?" Sara asked Andrea.

"I got a shrink gun for Christmas and I have a house where I can place people." Andrea replied. A gun that resembled a phaser rifle appeared in Andrea's hands.

"But how do you restore someone?" Sara asked.

"No problem, there's a reverse switch. Want me to demonstrate?" Andrea asked.

"Think I prefer to deal with Andy." Sara replied.

"You’re willing to put people's lives on the line, just because you don't trust me?"

Sara turned red.

"Yes, I mean no. I'm sure Andy up to the job."

"Actually I'm going to need some help from my Sizechanger friends. We're talking shrinking several thousand people to a tiny size. It's a lot of work and I welcome any assistance." Andy said.

"Why not use Andrea's help as well as Andy's?" Stanley asked.

 "I blame her for what happened to me. Without her I won't have become a mini goddess. "

"Honey I got news for you. I didn't turn you into a mini goddess, neither did Paula."

"But I assumed that you put a spell on the contract or something."

"Your crediting me with a power I don't have. True I was looking for new recruits, but don't have the power to create them. Neither does Paula. As for how and why you became a mini goddess I would ask Mr. G"

"I've meet him. I'll ask him once the crisis has passed. A concern comes to mind. What if people don't want to be shrunk? I don't want to force people to be shrunk against their will."

"Even if it's for their own good?" Andy asked.

"I was shrunk against my will." Andrea replied. "I can see where she coming from. "

"All right. I'll go to Sizeloa to round up a few buddies of mine."

"I should head back to Donville, my mom mentioned something about a town meeting. I should drop in."

"Mind if I tag along?" Andrea asked.

"Not at all. I could use the back up." Sara replied.

 

It seamed like the entire town on Donville was at the meeting. The news that a 3,000-foot GTS-Goddess goddess was due to attack on January 2nd caused wide spread panic. Some people wanted to flee others wanted to fight. The mayor just wanted to restore order.

"People we need come up with a plan."

"I say we flee, tell people to carry what they can and tell them to go as far away as they can." One town counsellor suggested.

"Flee where? I say we make a stand right here and fight for our lives and homes." Another counsellor suggested.

"Fight with what? Shotguns?" The mayor asked. "I tried calling the Canadian armed forces. But there stretched too thin to help us. And I hesitate to call in the Americans."

"Will handing over Sara Cole to Katharina help?" A third counsellor suggested.

"Hey that's my daughter your talking about." Henry Cole shouted.

"It's too late for that. Sara says she determined to destroy the town." The mayor replied.

"Where is Sara Cole anyway?" several people asked.

 

"I'm here." Sara replied. " My friend Andrea and I have a proposal."

 

She then told them what she had in mind.

 

 "There are 4,200 people in this town." The mayor told Sara. "Are you seriously suggesting that you can get 4,200 people in a doll house?"

"If they are shrunk small enough yes." Sara replied.

"I for one refuse to be shrunk to such a tiny size. I rather fight Katharina than be shrunk." The mayor stated.

Many others in the crowd also said they refuse to be shrunk. Others wondered if they trust Andrea, unlike Sara they didn't know her.

"Very well, in that case I recommended that you flee town A.S.P.  As for the rest of you, come to my parents house so we can determine who is willing to be shrunk."

 

So from that moment on the town was split three ways, those who started packing their bags to leave town, those wanting to fight and those willing to be shrunk.

 

It was New Years Eve, but there was no partying in Donville. Many People were packing their bags, hoping to put as much distance between themselves as the town.

"You think there right?" Sara asked her parents, Susan and Henry Cole. "That flight not hiding is the right answer?"

"Well you're asking people to be shrunk to a very small size."   Her mother replied. "And we have nothing but your word that the house is crush proof."

"It was Mr. G that told me that the house is crush proof."

"Then it probably is crush proof. He did make it after all." Her father said.

"What! Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Something told me not to mention his name. He showed up Christmas Eve with the house. If you don't mind me asking, why isn't flight a better option for us?"

"Well you’re my parents. Katharina will probably hunt you down to the ends of the earth. So my house will be the only safe place for you." Sara replied.

"Ok! That makes sense for us, but what about people who aren't related to you or have close ties?" Her mother asked.

"I can't shake the feeling that come Jan. 2nd no place outside the dollhouse will be safe." Sara replied.

 January 1 2003 

It was mid morning when Andy showed up at Sara's door. And he wasn't alone. He had five friends with him, three women and two men. All the Sizechangers had shrunk themselves to six inches in height.

"Sara I want you to meet my friends."

A twenty something brunette stepped forward.

"My name is Tracey. I work for Sizechanger for Hire, but doing this as a favor for Andy."

A twenty something redhead stepped forward.

"I'm Cherry. I also work for Sizechanger for Hire, I'm here for humanitarian reasons."

A black man stepped forward.

"Bolar my name, I'm here because Andy talked me into it."

A blond woman stepped forward.

"My name is Mindy. I work in the Size islands. The unaware giant couple island to be exact."

The other man stepped forward.

"Marbonear is my name. I also work in the Size Islands. The giant backyard island to be exact."

 

"Come on in. I'll give you a quick tour of the place."

They spent the next few minutes touring the house.

"It's a nice house. But you're going to need portable toilets and food and drink at the shrunken people scale." Mindy commented.

"That's leads to my question. How many people are we dealing with anyway?" Tracey asked.

"I'm not sure." Sara replied. "There are 4,200 people in town. But many people are choosing flight over being shrunk. "

"Any way to be more exact?" Bolar asked.

"My parents are organizing the volunteers. Also Andrea will be assisting us. Some of the townspeople will be staying at her place."

"So do you want us to split up?" Cherry asked.

"No! Andrea got a shrink gun for Christmas. She doesn't need your help to shrink people."

"Mini goddesses with shrink guns. Don't think I like that idea." Tracey muttered.

"Worry about it later, we got to get supplies in here." Mindy said.

"Not to mention people. I should check on my folks. Let's move out people, we got a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it."

 InterludeJanuary 1 2003

"What are you doing my goddess?"

Katharina looked down at the tiny two-meter (about 6'7") tall Amazon at her foot. She was a member of her army of Amazon clones.

"You’re a brave little clone to talk to me without permission. Since I'm in a good mood. I'll tell you. I'm planning whom I want to suffer when I attack Donville tomorrow. Her parents are a must. And I can't forget her friends and neighbours.  I can't wait to see their faces when I unexpectedly attack."

"They're expecting you."

"What! Who dares to interrupt me?" Katharina asked, angrily getting to her feet. She found herself face to face with two women.

"Mr. G told Sara that your coming on January 2nd 2003, most of the town's population has either fled or going into hiding."

"Darn. It's a pain, having to hunt people down. Now I have to launch a massive invasion to conquer the planet or at least North America."

"Not necessary.  With our help they won't have a chance. No matter where they run to."

"Why would a couple of super witches help me?" Katharina asked.

"Our reasons are our own. Do you want our help or not?"

"Do they suspect your coming?" Katharina asked.

"Oh no! While Sara is aware of our existence, she thinks our focus is somewhere else."

"Then by all means lets give them an unexpected surprise."

Katharina and the two super witches then started laughing.

 

To be continued