- Text Size +
Carter and Levi, having observed Sara's routines, waited for the perfect moment to make their move. It was during her daily yoga session when she would be most engrossed in her poses, her attention turned inward. They had managed to pry open a small gap between the fish tank's filter cutout and the lid—a feat that took days of careful manipulation and quiet work during Sara's absences.
The two men slipped through the gap and dropped to the dresser with a thud that felt monumental to their tiny ears. They scurried across the wooden expanse, the room a vast desert of fibers and dust motes, every object a mountain to circumvent. Their goal was the window, left slightly ajar to let in the fresh spring air.
But as they neared the edge of the dresser, their hearts pounding with hope and fear, they heard the soft thud of Sara's yoga mat being rolled up. They froze, realizing the gravity of their miscalculation.
Sara, still in her yoga gear, turned her eyes to the dresser, where movement had caught her peripheral vision. A slow, knowing smile spread across her lips as she spotted Carter and Levi making a run for it.
"Oh, my naughty little toys," she cooed, walking over to them with deliberate, predatory steps. Her bare feet, each a landscape of supple skin and painted nails, seemed to Carter and Levi like the most terrifying things they had ever seen.
The two men tried to run, but it was like sprinting through molasses, their short legs no match for Sara's leisurely pace. She cornered them against the dresser's edge, her toes playfully corralling them.
Sara's voice was a mixture of mock disappointment and amusement. "And here I thought we were having so much fun together. Did you really think you could escape me?"
The men could only look up at her towering form, their escape attempt now a death sentence. Their hearts sank as she turned her attention to the fish tank, considering the remaining captives.
"Who should I crush first?" she mused, her eyes twinkling with cruel delight.
The remaining men—Rob, Steven, and Ben—began to plead and yell from the tank, their voices desperate. But Sara's mind was made up. The game was over for Carter and Levi.
Sara lifted her foot, her pink toenail polish glinting like a warning sign, and hovered it above Carter first. "Any last words?" she asked, her tone light, as if discussing the weather.
Carter shook his head, closing his eyes against the inevitable. With a swift, graceful motion, Sara brought her foot down, and Carter was no more. Levi's scream was cut short as Sara turned her attention to him, repeating the terrible act with the same casual indifference.
The three men left in the tank watched in defeated silence, their spirit crushed along with their fellow captives. Any thoughts of heroism, of rescue, were now buried beneath the weight of their grim reality. They were at the hands of a cruel and playful captor, and their lives were no more significant than the playthings she deemed them to be.
Rob felt a hollow emptiness as he watched Sara clean her feet with a tissue, discarding it along with the remains of what once were his friends. The harsh lesson was clear: rebellion would not be tolerated. He, Steven, and Ben were to exist solely for Sara's entertainment, their autonomy stripped away as easily as their size.
In the oppressive silence that followed, they could only ponder their existence, each lost in his own thoughts of regret and fear. Escape was a dream shattered by the stark reality of their predicament, and survival meant playing along with Sara's twisted games, no matter how degrading or terrifying they might be.