- Text Size +

Okay, what is this, he thought.

Average height, not too skinny, black hair, clad in leather jacket and worn-out jeans while carrying a quite large backpack, the wanderer stumbles upon a rope bridge. It looked creaky, even a little blow of wind caused the wooden planks to creak loudly, or at least the remaining planks still attached to the rope bridge itself. Down below, nothing but darkness, he could only wonder how severe all the sinkhole in the world after that great earthquake years ago…

But there’s no use in just standing there, he noticed a town across the bridge, hopefully this one got more supply to take than the last one, he thought. Oh well, either died by hunger or by falling to the bottom of this earth, he didn’t care anymore, now he took his first step on the rope bridge…

Winds gently blow through; every step is a gamble with the wanderer’s life on the line. All that he wanted right now is to reach the other side of this fragile thing while avoiding the dark abyss below to ate him up. But of course, the constant creaking sound doesn’t really help his chances of survival. Don’t look down, don’t look down, he echoed that thought constantly in his mind but his heartbeat sound slowly drowns it all away while he’s still trying his best not to putting too much weight with each step of this old bridge.

SNAP

Loud whipping sound could be heard, the wanderer turns his head around only to see each rope slowly undid itself one by one from each knot. His eyes grew wide, panic gradually took control of his own body as he quickened his trek through the bridge, highly focused on which plank he had to step on until miraculously, he jumps away as the bridge falls off into the dark below and made it safely into the ground of this stranded town.

Catching his breath, still laying down on the ground as his heartbeat gradually slowed down from that close call. Three minutes later still with his face down on the tarmac, he got back up on his feet, looking around this strange town surrounded by sinkhole. Looks like it’s just the same as many previous settlements that he visited, nothing but structures and no fellow people sighted.

Well, hopefully there’s something useful here in this town.

With that in mind, the wanderer began his search. He visits each house, left and right, scourging for anything useful… only to no avail. Nobody that he could speak to, not even anything edible or drinkable, it’s just junks and useless furniture.

But then, one house captured his attention; this one is a bit cleaner than the other, less vines and rubbles… maybe finally, there’s someone?

“Hello?”

Approaching the front door, he noticed some plastic bowls on the ground filled with rain water. Looking left and right but still nobody hearing his shout, might as well then. Bending down, he picked one of the plastic bowls with his left hand and uses his right hand to scoop some water from it and washes his face before finally drinking it. Even rain water tastes grandiose after his long walk through the wilderness out there…

Finally freshen up, the wanderer walks to the side and entered the backyard area where he saw a lot of potted plants sprouting various fruits. His eyes opened wide a bit at this sight, now he’s pretty sure that he wasn’t alone…

“Anybody home? Hello?” he tried again hoping for an answer, but there’s only silence filling up the air with occasional sound of grass rustling and the wind. He wished he could hold it, but his stomach saying otherwise as those oranges and strawberries forced him to drool. Oh well, if turns out there’s someone, he’ll apologize and promised them a replacement then. With no hesitation, the wanderer tore those fruits off the plants and devouring it like no tomorrow. Sweet, juicy, delicious, it’s a nice change of pace after weeks of those expired beef jerky or canned dog food that he found. Hell, this is far better than those sour fruits on the forest…

“WOAH! That was delicious!” his tired face now able to smile again after all that fresh treat. Noticing there’s nothing left on these plants except for few oranges, he’d just pick them up and put it inside his backpack for his next travel.

Entering the house, the wanderer realizes that this one is a little bit cleaner than the others. Too bad, many of the furniture are badly damaged; the bedroom is filled with rubbles and the bed itself can already be described as ‘destroyed’. Entering the living room, it’s the same, nothing but broken furniture and…

CRUNCH

His right boot caught something underneath; crouching down, it looks like… a toy? Probably it was supposed to be a… cupboard probably, but now it’s completely flattened into splinters. Now his mind grew even more curious; lots of plastic bowls used to contain rain water, lots of fruits being homegrown, and now scattered miniature stuff all over this room? Before his mind could process more of this though, yawns escaped his mouth. His journey last night really tired him out and now he’s sleepy…

Realizing there’s no usable bed in this house, the wanderer walks back outside through the front door looking for a place to take a nap…

+++

On the hole underneath the house facing the backyard…

“D-d-d-d-did you see that?” Azumi turns pale white, clearly terrified by what she had just witnessed from this hiding place.

“They’re… really exists…” even Athena couldn’t believe it despite having been reading all about it from the books. “It’s like watching a moving mountain…”

“Yeah, he was big! I mean, did you see how he devoured all that fruits like nothing!?” Marina seems impressed.

“Wait, speaking of fruits… don’t y’all realize that he basically had just eaten our food?” Sena explained. “This means we’re gonna have food shortage for few days ahead,”

“Oh no you’re right,” Azumi put his left hand on her forehead.

“Hold on, I noticed that he keeps some of the oranges inside his backpack…” Sena thought of something.

“You’re not-“ before Athena could warn Sena, Sena already jumped out from the hiding hole into the backyard, running into the front of the house. “Sena, wait! It’s too dangerous!”

The three girls tried to chase her but to no avail, Sena already far away and she’s too fast for them to catch…

+++

Sena hides behind one of the plastic bowls as she noticed the giant exits through the front door. The sight of him moving already menacing enough for tiny Sena, she never saw someone that big in her life before. All that pictures that Sena saw about this big creature isn’t enough to match the sight that Sena currently witnessed.

The giant walks through the road, his head continues to move left and right, seemingly looking for something. Sena tails him carefully, moving from one hiding place to the other. Tall grass, wall, stone, she’s tried her best to be covert.

“Ah, a motel,” Sena heard the giant’s voice. Sena peek from under the tall grass to see the giant entered the still-standing motel building. Sena, now feeling half-fear and half-curious, keeps reminding herself that this is for their own survival, the girls need that remaining oranges that the giant now had to survive! With renewed determination, Sena runs across the road into the motel building, ready to do whatever it takes for the better…

...

...

...

“Just… a… little… more!”

Sena finally reached the second floor. Thanks to the makeshift grappling hook that she had, it greatly helps climbing each step of these stairs. Sweats running down her entire tiny body as she lay down on the floor near the step, still couldn’t believe that she actually made it to the second floor. For her, it’s like climbing a high wall but times a dozen.

Oh well, she’s close now. Up ahead is a room with the door already opened, Sena bet that he’s inside there… then she stops walking. Sena noticed something almost missed her sight, looks like a string, tied to some kind of device on each side… maybe a trap set up by this giant? Makes sense, no one knew when they would be ambushed anytime…

Crouching through under the string, Sena stood back up and continues her walk toward the open door. It’s awfully quiet though, unlike the gentle tremor sound that the giant emitted when he walks through the backyard earlier. What’s he doing inside, Sena could only wonder.

Peeking from the side, the tiny runner saw the giant… sleeping soundly atop the single bed. Light snore echoes through the messy room, rubbles scattered around the floor, the desk under the window illuminated by the sunlight that shines through it, then Sena saw what he looking for; the giant’s backpack, leaning on the foot of the bed on the floor. She still remembered that the giant put the remaining fruits inside his backpack. Well, while he’s asleep, might as well taking back what belongs to Sena and the girls.

The backpack itself quite large, bigger than those dollhouses that Sena found in the toy store. Sena starts climbing the rough leather material, from all the worn, the scars, the holes, this backpack and its giant owner must’ve been through a lot, Sena could only wonder what’s out there for his backpack has been heavily damaged. Finally reach the top, Sena hang onto the edge of it, peeking down to see lots of stuff; including the oranges with its bright color among the rusty tools. Sena saw the oranges, yet how would she take it out from the backpack?

About one minute of thinking, Sena got an idea as she now tried to pull herself back while hanging on the edge of the backpack. She could feel the backpack slowly gaining momentum as she uses her entire body to make it move… then it fell down, its contents spilling out into the floor. a little bit panicked, Sena looks to her side… the giant still snoring.

Sigh of relief, now it’s time to roll these oranges out... but before she would do so, Sena notices several tools that spills out from the backpack.

Wait, she has seen these before… Sena remembered some of these tools. If she remembered currently, there are stethoscope, syringes, jar of pills, another jar filled with colorful liquids, face mask… wait a minute, then this giant is what those books called a… ‘doctor’. He’s a doctor?

But then one item caught her eyes… it looks like a mini treasure chest, shines alone amongst the dirty medical tools around it. A treasure? Sena remembered those fairytales about the pirates and treasure chest filled with shiny golden stuff. Why does the giant have something like this, she wondered. Curiosity catches her instinct real quick, Sena approaches the tiny treasure chest, opening it… she saw nothing but some sort of mechanism, spinning gear and iron bars. To her fear, it suddenly makes a sound; gentle symphony made from the rotating metal cylinder with protruding pins that pluck the individual prongs of a steel comb. The sound is pretty loud, causing Sena to panic and quickly closed back the tiny treasure chest.

Then, Sena felt something, someone is watching her… looking to her left side, the giant’s eyes opened, looking directly at her tiny form with the face that could be described as the combination of confusion and fascination. Seconds passed, Sena still froze in place, the giant’s eyes still locked its sight on her…

+++

The sound from his music box suddenly entered his ear. His survival instinct is good enough that he slowly regains consciousness from his deep slumber. Slowly opened his eyes, blurry sights gradually becoming clearer, he is welcomed by a sight of his backpack contents tumbling down, its contents scattered around, and… something tiny. Looks like a doll, but clearly far smaller than those blonde dolls toy that he often saw on those abandoned mall building.

When the giant moves his left hand a bit, suddenly the tiny girl runs away through the only door of this room…

“Hey wait!”

+++

Panicked, Sena just runs through the corridor outside the giant’s room until suddenly her torso hits something that causing her to fall down. Without warning, yellow gas blew out from the devices on each side. Instinctively Sena closed her nose and mouth with her hands, but to no avail as her body slowly became limp, her consciousness fades away, everything fades to black…

+++

“Oh no, the sleeping gas trap!” the giant stood up from his bed and picking up a gas mask from his backpack, wearing it and heads outside the room into the corridor to see the yellow smoke slowly dissipates into thin air.

Down on the ground, he saw something unbelievable; there lies unconscious the figure of a tiny girl probably 3cm tall, clad in purple tanktop and blue short jeans with running shoes, tanned skin and tomboyish brown hair. The giant crouching on one knee, his mind now thinking how to handle this one; this isn’t just doll, he saw her moving. His backpack contents scattered and the music box opened is the great indication already for this. Gently, he put his left hand down beside the unconscious figure, palm facing up. His right hand carefully sweeps her up into the left palm. Stood back up, he felt a strange sensation now on his left hand; her tiny form felt so soft on his hand. Looking up close on her unconscious form, she’s pretty cute, he thought.

Walking back to his room, the giant sits in front of the desk while removing his gas mask. First spreading out her handkerchief on the desk surface, then carefully placed the blacked out tiny girl on top of it. Her tiny sleeping head is facing to the side a little, her arms scattered around while her legs is straight.

Fascinating, he thought. But is she really a human like him? Without wasting anymore time, the giant pulled out a magnifier from his backpack and started peeking around at this cute little girl. Trying to be as careful as possible, the giant starts from her shoes, his thumb and index finger lightly pinched both left and right shoes in order. Probably got it from a toy, he thought. He felt some light rubbery material, the shoelaces are fake though. Then slowly his pair of fingers move up and delicately pinches the right thigh. Now this one shook him quite a bit, its definitely human skin, there’s no doubt. How is this possible? Strangely, the giant couldn’t even stop brushing her index finger on those smooth tiny pair of thighs. So soft, he thought, all the while admiring the little details with his magnifier as he noticed the thigh squish caused by her tight short jeans.

Growing more and more curious, his index finger travel upwards a little more, now brushing her exposed belly. There’s this weird soft sensation of her sensitive tip of his giant finger just rubbing the skin of her tiny form like nothing, the feeling of size difference slowly crept up inside him, the feeling of dominance over this tiny girl as he put his finger on top of her belly and lightly pushed down… then he stopped and retract his finger, worrying about hurting this delicate tiny life. The sense of power is clearly intoxicating and he’s trying his hardest to control it.

Now his fingers move on her left arm, carefully pinching and lifting it up while examining the details with his magnifier, noticing those impressive details on her tiny fingers. It’s a fascinating sight for him that even her whole finger alone is already bigger than her arm…

The huge index finger moves up, lightly poking her head and gently ruffling her hair. It’s still crazy to him that she’s indeed a human, yet hundred times smaller than normal human being. Then… his eyes focused into the one thing that he hasn’t touched… the giant pair of eyes now locking on the tanktop-covered tiny pair of… ballistics. His fingers shaken a little, there’s a fight inside his mind; should he do it? Should he uphold his dignity, or shall he do it in the name of science, biology, and other theoretical bullshit he could even think of. Screw it, where else he could find a fascinating specimen like this, he thought. Sweating, the giant pair of thumb and index finger settled between the upper torso of the unconscious tiny girl, slowly closing in until he felt that tiny soft sensation on his fingertip. Squishy yet so tiny, comical yet alluring at the same time. Like squeezing on a microscopic jelly, his thoughts drowned into some kind of euphoria, multiple words drilled into his mind and combined into one; power, dominance, sexual, big, and more… his pants getting a little tighter as his finger continues to rub those tiny boobs belonged to the unconscious tiny girl…

No, STOP, the giant finally took control of himself and pull back from the desk a little, trying to reassemble his mindset from straying away. He was so close from letting himself loose on this fragile thing, and he won’t allow it. Then to his disbelief, he noticed slight twitch on the tiny girl’s right arm, tiny purring sound could be heard as she opened her eyes…

“Wh-what happened…”

Blur gradually turns clear as Sena opened her eyes, noticed something in front of him… it’s the giant, stood tall in front of the desk.

“WHOA!!” the girl tumbled down on her butt, dragging herself backward in fear as her breath going faster than before while her heartbeat speeds up in an instant. The two locked eyes, not knowing what’s going to happen…