- Text Size +

Once again, Ava looked down on the tiny “city” spread like a carpet at her feet. As she gazed on the dense urban sprawl, she continued to be amazed at how what she knew to be miniature skyscrapers of astonishing height failed to surpass even the tops of her toes as they wiggled atop her worn leather sandals.

All that advanced technology can’t even match my lowliest digits, she marveled. How do these people even survive?

She knew what she had to do, she had thought it through. Now it was just a matter of working up the confidence to do it. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she began.

“My name is Ava Chapman. I’ve been brought to this place against my will, threatened, and assaulted, all for the sake of what I can only assume to be the greed of your leaders. I’ve got no beef with you, but I am not just going to take that lying down. So, like your soldier friends in the desert, I’m giving you one final chance. Send me home and call this whole thing off. I’ll give you 20 minutes to make arrangements. After that, I’m coming in there, and finding someone who will. For any of those who wish to leave, I would go now.”

Still outside the city, Ava stepped back from the city’s edge, and lowered herself to the ground to sit and wait.




Mattison cradled his head in his hands.  This was a disaster.

Communication backed with strength had failed. Full-on military intervention had failed. General Atwood had had to be physically removed from the war room, his supposedly invincible Gulliverian mercenaries bested in minutes, now reduced to ranting and raving about “the doomsday plan” and “all defensive measures.”

As if things couldn’t get worse, reports were filtering in about people disappearing en masse from portal stations in some strange burst of energy.

Without the portals, there was no way of communicating with Brobdingnag, and no way of calling in more help from Lilliput, as if any of it would be enough against her.

She thought them all greedy kidnappers, and he had no way of contradicting her. The best Lilliputian engineers had been tasked with building a sound system capable of reaching a set of ears miles away, but it would take time. And with her ridiculous ultimatum, time was something they didn’t have.

He turned pleadingly to Secretary of State Miller, who had been put in charge of the science and engineering teams. “Any news on finding a way to portal her out of here?”

Miller, ever reticent, could barely meet his eyes. “The portals are completely unresponsive, and even if they were up and running, they were never designed to transport something that large. Our scientists don’t even know if it’s possible.”

“Well, it’s clearly possible, Mattison scoffed dejectedly.

Miller said nothing.

On war room screens, they could see Ava’s now-sitting form looming like a human mountain range on the outskirts of the city. She had at least given them the courtesy of not sitting on the city itself, but as that bountiful, mile and half wide denim-clad ass hit the ground, untold mass behind it, it was as if a bomb had gone off. If any buildings on Concordia’s outskirts remained standing after Ava had knelt on them earlier, they were reduced to dust by the shockwave rippling with destructive power across the landscape now. Even in the bunker the city leaders could feel the earth shake, and not stop shaking as she then casually rearranged herself to get more comfortable.

Where the Boundary once stood, a mile-high black rubber sandal sole now towered into the air at the city’s edge. One long leg had been cutely tucked under her, but Ava had left the other extended, the vast plain of flawless pale skin standing like a living monument to her terrible power, dwarfing everything around it. Occasionally, a smooth knee would raise lazily miles into the air, the unfathomable power behind that mighty leg somehow retracting the immovable, towering footwear until the sole landed with its own quake on the desert floor; only for it to extend once more moments later.

Above it all, the girl herself seemed mostly pre-occupied with some kind of enormous communication device, which, from what they could see, looked vaguely like one that Lilliputians had used generations ago. A bored young woman scrolling on her phone, sitting in judgment of the fate of millions.

Meanwhile, Ava’s proclamation to “go now,” combined with the reminder of impending doom that was her titanic presence, had set the city into chaos.  But with the portals down, routes to safety were extremely limited.

Perhaps the luckiest found their way to vast old shelters built for the Gulliverian Wars. Many, if not most had fallen into disrepair or were otherwise inaccessible following the construction of the Boundary, but the few that remained were now packed with Lillis praying that concrete and steel bunkers designed to resist four-hundred-foot-tall invaders could stand up against a single six-mile-plus one.

There was one land route out of the city, and while it thankfully ran away from the titaness at the city’s edge, it was little-used, with the near-instantaneous portals being so readily available and the closest town dozens of miles away. The winding four-lane road was a place to take visiting relatives seeing Concordia’s beautiful beaches for the first time, or to find a discreet place to make out at one of the many scenic overlooks. It was not made for evacuating millions.

That left the port and airports, and thousands flooded these transit points, with more arriving by the minute. Mattison had called out the army to facilitate evacuation, but like everything else it was far too late, and the overwhelmed soldiers in their riot gear struggled to control the surging crowds. There were nowhere near enough boats to save everyone, and while Gulliveria had found it in their hearts to send a set of gigantic freighters to assist, they were far too large to dock at the Lilliputian-sized port and so floated tantalizingly out of reach, people needing to be ferried on smaller boats that could only fit so many at a time. As for the planes, they remained grounded after Ava’s little demonstration with the drones, and even the rogue pilots who had flouted the hold orders only left with the passengers they had onboard – everyone else remained trapped in the terminal.

Despite having little hope of escape, hundreds of thousands, if not millions continued to pour into the streets, stuck in immovable traffic going nowhere or simply wandering the streets aimlessly in a daze. Millions more huddled in houses and shops and buildings, perhaps hoping that this was all just a bad dream and would pass just as easily.

As Mattison pondered this seemingly unsolvable conundrum, what sounded like an alarm clock could be heard blaring over the war room speakers, clearly coming from the giantess’ device.

Guess our time is up, he thought.

On the big screen, Ava’s colossal form began to rise. 


As she switched off her alarm with a swipe of a finger, Ava couldn’t believe these puny Lilliputians were calling her bluff. She knew from her mom that Lillis were often arrogant well beyond what their miniscule stature seemed to justify, but could they not see she had all the power here? Did they not realize that their city was little more than an oversized rug to her? That they themselves were less than ants, and that if not for her prior knowledge of Lilliput she might not have even noticed them at all?

She pondered, briefly, whether perhaps they could not actually fulfill her simple demands, but immediately dismissed that as ridiculous. How could they have brought her here with no way to send her home? It made no sense.

Ava peered down at the city, trying to see if any people had managed to escape, but couldn’t really tell from this high up. She supposed there was no turning back now. Her mom had always told her that the minute you back down on a threat in a negotiation you’ve lost. And if there was one thing Ava hated, whether in sports or in the local pub trivia she dragged her roommates to every week, it was losing.

Still, Ava thought she might give the stubborn Lillis one more chance to reconsider. Sliding her well-worn sandals from her pretty feet she lifted the sturdy footwear into air, dangling them by their thick leather straps at arm’s length over a section of city.

“Oops,” she said exaggeratedly, and let them fall to the city below.

Each individual sandal was nearly a mile in length and nearly two thousand feet wide, the leather and rubber monstrosities weighing countless millions of tons. Dropped from a height of several miles, the impact was devastating. The right sandal alone covered an entire neighborhood with ease as it landed heavily on its sole with a deafening boom. Hundreds of houses, apartment buildings and shops, and all the people inside them simply exploded under it, the resulting shockwave flattening the area in a hundred-foot radius and shattering windows far and wide. Below the grooved sandal tread nothing now remained, the sandal resting flat on the ground as if nothing had ever been there at all.   

The left sandal was somehow worse, bouncing on its edge with catastrophic force and then rolling over to land upside down on yet another formerly pristine Lilliputian neighborhood. Those who weren’t immediately crushed flat by the wide leather straps or gargantuan metal buckles found themselves cast into a dark cave, their sky now a vast plain of leather darkened with the imprint of a colossal bare foot, their senses overwhelmed with the pungent smell of leather and feet.

Ava waited, counting the seconds in her head. Still nothing.

Oh well, I tried, she thought, harboring a lingering sense of pity for what was about to happen.

Turning to the city, she addressed the populace once more, “Here’s what’s going to happen now. I’m going to head over to that pretty-looking beach on the other side of town. I might do some sightseeing along the way. Don’t forget, you can make this all stop at any time by doing what I’ve asked. I strongly suggest you consider it.”

With that, she stepped into the city. 




Carmen had walked right out the door of her midtown office.

When Ava first took those fateful steps into Concordia proper, Carmen had heeded the emergency broadcast blaring from public address speakers, handheld devices and civil drones all over town to stay indoors, even as the building felt like it was going to be torn apart by the kneeling Brobby girl.

But when Ava returned, Carmen wasn’t waiting around. She wasn’t about to let some titanic bitch just trample right over her without even trying to escape. She got up from her desk, walked right down the stairs and out into the street.

She joined the crowds swarming the sidewalks as they streamed…somewhere. She wasn’t sure where they were going exactly, but at least it was away from the giant redhead now once again looming a few short miles behind them. Rows of honking cars lined the road filled with people trying to escape, but going nowhere fast. With many appearing to be abandoned by their former occupants, it didn’t look like that was going to change anytime soon. Carmen was thankful she’d worn comfortable shoes to the office that day.

Above them, the colossal girl was moving, extending a long, toned arm over the city.  Before Carmen could even register that the massive brown object she held was her own sandals, they were dropping towards the ground, falling towards neighborhoods only a few blocks to the right of where she walked. Carmen just stood there, transfixed, watching those otherwise ordinary-looking shoes tumble through the sky, people surging around her. The impact, when it came, threw her and everyone around her to the ground as it quaked beneath them. Windows shattered above her, and Carmen added her voice to the screaming crowds as she crouched on the sidewalk and desperately covered her head with her hands trying to protect herself as shards of glass flying through the air and littering the street.

The quaking subsided and she could see the discarded footwear towering over the surroundings, now empty of their owner, but no less deadly.

Carmen ran. Others ran too. She had barely covered three blocks when her legs started burning and she could feel a cramp forming. She had been a runner all her life, but lately had been distracted with work – she was regretting that now. But still she kept going.

She looked back at the titaness, and immediately wished she hadn’t. Ava’s massive leg had swung forward, toned muscle flexing, effortlessly outpacing her pathetic attempt to flee with its sheer length. Carmen slowed her pace as the vast foot at the end of that leg glided overhead. It was indescribably huge, eclipsing her sky, going on and on for thousands of feet. She noticed with involuntary recognition how soft and smooth the uncalloused sole looked, how carefully painted and cared for were the long, skyscraper-sized toes.

The girl clearly appreciates a good pedicure, she couldn’t help thinking.

Debris, likely as unnoticed as a bit of dust to the giant girl, began to fall around Carmen, drifting down from the sole above. Car-sized boulders and plant life churned up from the desert floor struck the ground and the fleeing crowd. She saw one fellow runner reduced to gore as a three-ton chunk of rock hit him at speed. She slowed completely. They were about to become just more dirt on that well-cared-for sole.

Like a pretty girl testing water she thought might be too cold, the lowering sole angled downward and the immense toes drifted onto the buildings not a hundred feet ahead of where Carmen stood on the sidewalk gaping. She and the rest of the crowd were cast into an eerie twilight, the vast sole above them still dozens of feet in the air, but so close they could see every line, every minute wrinkle. The colossal toes touched down, almost lightly, and Carmen could see the buildings ahead begin to crumble from the top down under their soft caress. They continued to lower, ever so slowly, the once sturdy buildings continuing to offer no resistance whatsoever to the titanic girl’s gentle touch.

Then, without warning, those same toes came down in force, the massive ball lowering swiftly as well, flattening everything under it instantly, and bringing down with it just a taste of the unfathomable power of the goddess above.

The street became a maelstrom. Buildings to the left and right exploded as the displaced air and force of the impact hit the entire block like a bomb. Shattered masonry, glass and metal flew through the air like shrapnel, tearing into the desperate crowd of Lillis.  Cars lifted off the ground and became projectiles, smashing those in their path into the broken buildings lining the road or the concrete and asphalt below. Carmen felt herself blown sideways several feet in the air, spinning, flying, and landing hard on the hard ground, scraping against it. Sharp pain flared in her side, she felt a dull ache all over, but somehow she was still alive.

As her vision righted, she began crawling crab-like on her hands desperately backwards, anything to escape this hell. Ahead of her she saw a middle-aged man half crushed under falling brickwork, a woman in a business suit pinned against a façade by a car blown on its side clear off the street. Great fissures had spread from the foot’s point of impact, the earth itself fracturing and tearing, and the yawning chasms had swallowed people and buildings whole. A gas main exploded suddenly under the street in a fireball that consumed dozens running desperately nearby, a water main followed, gushing into the air through shattered asphalt.

Still Carmen survived. She staggered to her feet, pain coursing through every inch of her. She looked up and saw the long sole still hovering above her, as if daring them to hope.

No. She wasn’t going to die this way. She had her whole life ahead of her. She was successful, she was beautiful, she was young. No way would she become just a grease spot on some arrogant bitch’s heel.

She ran through the pain. Ran harder than she ever had before. Down a street to the left this time – no longer following the crowds foolishly trying to outrun a goddess. She saw sunlight shining on the ground ahead of her, a patch of asphalt not shadowed by a colossal sole. She could make it.

The light around her dimmed even further. Carmen ran harder. She sensed a weighty presence above her, felt overwhelming body heat make the air swelter. Still she ran. She felt herself pressed into the ground by an unyielding mass, and then she felt nothing at all.


Ava’s first step into the city was…odd. The tickling, powdery feeling as she grazed her toes against the crystalline, shimmering structures that she knew to be tiny Lilliputian buildings was like nothing she had ever felt. Lowering her sole in full, she was curious to see that the brittle structures several inches around her pretty, soft foot had also collapsed in on themselves with her step. As she applied more of her weight, she felt her foot sink deeply into the ground as if it were soft clay, the earth itself molding to her sole, jagged fissures and cracks raying outwards from the borders of her vast footprint under the pressure. Wiggling her long toes, she could feel the remnants of whatever had survived between them squish like so much sand.

Still, there didn’t seem to be any danger to her in it. Not that she had really expected there to be. And so she continued onward undeterred, equally devastating steps erasing whole neighborhoods and the thousands -- if not tens of thousands -- of Lilliputian souls in them. The only remnant of her passage a 100-foot-deep imprint of her perfect, nearly mile-long foot, a now-barren wasteland replacing once-bustling cityscape.

Ava thought little of this, though, instead vaguely wondering how she might see this supposed city a bit more up close and personal.




Patrick’s goal was getting drunk, and he was well on his way to meeting that goal.

 He had really only planned to be in Concordia City for one night, thinking a stay in a suite at the luxurious Paramount Tower would be a reasonable balance against the stress and hassle of this business trip.

The trip his wife had told him not to go on. Right again, honey, he thought with a sigh.

The glass-faced tower soared over 150 stories in the air, highest in Concordia City, its sculpted glass façade, wide at the base, narrowing and curving gently upwards was a pinnacle of Lilliputian engineering admired far and wide. It was a place where billionaires owned condos from which they could look down through remote-controllable, electrochromic glass on the hoi polloi of the city below, where captains of industry moved markets from corner offices, and where wealthy business travelers like Patrick could enjoy the five-star amenities of its mixed luxury hotel and high-end shopping complex.

The building’s Sky Bar, spanning the tower’s 130th and 131st floors was where one came to see and be seen in Concordia City, to make deals that would shape whole industries. Now it had become a refuge for trapped elites who had simply given up on surviving the calamity occurring outside its two-story floor to ceiling windows. Patrick counted himself among their number.

The bartenders, consummate professionals all (God bless them), kept serving drinks without pause, not even sparing a glance for the giant menace outside. He supposed it was like the orchestra continuing to play on a sinking ship, but with expensive whiskey.

Patrick was on his fourth. When Ava had first stepped into town, Patrick had tried to call his wife over his headset, maybe say goodbye, but to no avail. Whatever communications relays they used were probably smashed like half the city under a colossal set of happily wiggling, white-painted toes. Now, he just chose to drink.

He had to give the Paramount one thing: in addition to stocking the best top-shelf, that high-tech construction really worked. He vaguely remembered watching a holo-stream one night with Claudia on the science behind it, something to do with “active adaptive stabilization” and “self-healing materials.” It was all beyond him. But even as the miles-tall titan stomped around the city, flattening whole blocks at a time under her feet, the whiskey in his cup barely rippled.   

Despite his best efforts, though, it was hard to ignore what was going on outside. The place was known for its near 360-degree view, so all he had to do was glance out the windows across the elliptical mahogany bar at its center and there she was, or at least the little he could see of her shins and deadly feet, not to mention the smoke gently rising from the barren swathes of devastation that were her footprints. Even through the triple-soundproofed windows and piped in music, he could still hear the deep boom of those seismic footfalls, not to mention the constant clang of the air raid siren, as if anyone in Concordia could miss the 6-mile-tall goddess of destruction strolling through the town.

He re-focused on his most important goal.

“Give me another,” Patrick slurred slightly at the bartender, pointing to his glass. He thought his name was Nick. Or maybe Nate?  No matter.

"Is she getting closer?” a worried fellow patron asked no one in particular.

It was true. Those towering legs had turned slightly from their previous leisurely beeline for the beach and seemed instead to instead be sauntering confidently right in their direction.

As she came closer, the ripples in drinks increased, the booming footfalls got louder, but the tower stayed steady. Maybe she’s just strolling on by?

At this ever-shrinking distance, Patrick could see that high up as they were, they barely crested the ankle of the titanic girl. As if to emphasize this point, her left foot swung forward, long, white-tipped toes dragging lazily through the forest of buildings like a girl walking through sand, annihilating them effortlessly in clouds of exploded steel and glass before landing with a thunderous report not a hundred feet from Patrick’s perch, doubtless wiping out scores more beneath. Confirming his suspicions, Patrick could see a simple beaded anklet dangling on a smooth, slender ankle right in front of the Sky Bar’s windows, the beads themselves nearly as tall as the two stories of glass.

“Ooo, this looks cool,” the giantess thundered down at them from far above. There was no doubt in any of the Sky Bar’s patrons’ minds what she was referring to, but still no one moved. Nick/Nate and other bartenders kept serving.

All remained calm until three flesh-colored pillars seemingly descended from the sky on either side of the spacious bar. Each was wider than the building itself at the tapered point at which Patrick sat, with the shortest perhaps close to matching its wider base. Massive silvery rings adorned two of the fingers, each hundreds of feet thick, and the longest finger was nearly as long as the entire building.  

The grasping digits angled slightly, and yelps of panic rang out in the bar as they began to close around the building’s base like a colossal, softly padded vice. As vast fingertips pressed against the cool glass surface of its façade, the Paramount shook in earnest for the first time, drinkware and bottles falling off shelves, bar patrons stumbling or sliding off chairs.

Guess active adaptive whatever can’t stand up to the power of a god after all, Patrick thought as he righted himself on his stool.

Everyone knew what was coming next. The fingers tightened, more power in them than in all of Lilliput. The building shook further, and Patrick heard metal straining and reinforced glass shattering on multiple floors below. But still the building held firm, and there was a pause in the rocking as the giantess perhaps considered her options.

With the calm of moderate intoxication and the foreknowledge of a former life as a military pilot, Patrick slowly stepped down from his stool and lay himself carefully on the floor. He had just settled when the building shook more violently than ever before, rocking and throwing patrons this way and that, bodies and furniture and glassware flying through the air, bouncing off windows and walls. One man was instantly crushed as a heavy slate lounge table pinwheeled through the air to land on top of him. A woman thrown upward against a chandelier landed with a crash on the hard ground and didn’t move again. Then suddenly they were airborne, rocketing upward at a mind-bending pace, and everyone was pinned to the ground by the tremendous g-forces.

Patrick strained not to pass out, mostly succeeding. Others weren’t as lucky. When the motion stopped, he raised his head slightly off the ground, initially only seeing blue sky out the somehow still intact glass windows.

Then he saw it, an emerald-green eye, nearly 400-feet tall, peering with curiosity into what to her was a building the size of a flash drive. She looked at them the way one might gaze curiously at ants in an ant farm. Or, Patrick realized, since they weren’t even the size of ants to this colossal woman, the way you might look at grains of sand in an hourglass.

She was so close, and the room so quiet, he could hear the repeated rush of air of her gentle breathing, gale force blasts of hot breath that would’ve blown him clear away without a single thought. Still she said nothing.

A woman nearby shrieked and then went silent as she came to and saw where they were. Then they were moving again. More horizontally this time, which was somehow worse as Patrick found himself sliding up with a crash against the bar.

She was holding them just in front of her face now, and her astounding visage filled the tall windows. If Patrick had seen her on the street and not miles in the air, he thought it would seem like a kind face, certainly an attractive one. Soft features, cute button nose, clear, fair skin done up lightly for a fashionable natural look. Those piercing green eyes. A splash of freckles and full pink lips breaking now into a gorgeous smile, revealing building-sized teeth, gleaming white, and a dark chasm of a mouth that looked like it could swallow a city whole. She could be one of his daughter’s classmates, just blown up to absurd proportions.

Patrick felt the entire building rotate as she rolled them lightly between her fingers, the high-tech superstructure straining and groaning with the casual pressure. Just a girl examining her catch.

She opened her mouth to speak, and all hell broke loose.

“You guys look important. Maybe you can send me home?” she thundered, still wearing that cute grin.

The words were barely intelligible above the explosion of sound and air that crashed against the tiny building. Windows that had survived the six plus mile climb all seemed to shatter at once with the force of her speaking so close. Patrick and his fellow patrons cowered on the ground desperately covering their shattered eardrums as they were instantly deafened by the sound that filled the space. Shards of glass flew like daggers, impaling deafened guests and embedding with a thud into furniture and walls. Hot breath washed over them with hurricane force.

“No? I guess you’re not much use to me then…”

Though they now couldn’t hear her, the force of this second blast of speech, unimpeded by panes of reinforced glass, flung people and furniture alike across the room. Patrick spun through the air, crashing heavily into a wall and feeling something snap before sliding back down to the hard ground below.

The bar darkened as something huge and pinkish slid across the now windowless walls, blocking out the light.

What do you do with trash you don’t need?

The walls groaned louder, though Patrick couldn’t hear them, and suddenly Patrick felt the wall he was slumped against begin to press inward. Patrick crawled desperately toward the center of the circular bar, though he knew it would be of little use. He felt unbearably sharp pains flare in his arm and leg, but adrenaline alone pushed him onward.

The walls continued to collapse, the floor beginning to split in jagged chunks as it shattered from the pressure. Chandeliers fell from the ceiling, one crushing Nick/Nate, who already appeared half-dead. Still Patrick crawled. The ceiling above now dropped in chunks of concrete, wood, and marble, raining down and pancaking people and furniture alike. The walls continued to get closer, squeezing together as Ava easily crumpled the once-proud building like so much trash between her fingers.

As the squeezing suddenly stopped, Patrick found himself huddled in the dead center of the bar, walls so close he could touch them, somehow the sole being still alive in this living trash compactor. Then he felt the floor drop out beneath him.

Ava let the puny, crumpled skyscraper tumble from her fingers to the ground below, the mass of glass and steel crushing a previously untouched block beneath it.  For good measure she dropped a bare foot on it and the entire neighborhood around it, twisting her toes with relish and grinding the tiny building out like the cigarette it resembled. A once 1500-foot-tall engineering marvel now reduced to a foot-high two-dimensional scrap of metal under her pretty foot.

Ava resumed her deadly stroll to the beach. 




The beachfront section of Concordia City was a hub of commercial activity. The working port was one of the busiest in Lilliput, receiving shipments too large to convey via portal, and the miles-long white sand beaches were lined with fancy hotels, luxury shops and hip restaurants.

Tens of thousands of desperate Lilliputians had swarmed the area in their flight from their titanic tormentor. It wasn’t rational -- she had openly declared that the beach was her destination -- but caught up in panicked crowds, their animal brains took over and pushed them towards the area that seemed furthest away from the crushing steps of the giant girl.

But now Ava had arrived, her towering form casting the area in shadow, and panic was fully reaching its height. In the port, thousands pushed and shoved, scratching and clawing to get onto the painfully sparse boats ferrying Lillis out to waiting Gulli freighters. The MPs managing the crowd barely restrained them, sometimes resorting to firing off rounds into the air or even using non-lethal rounds to scare people back into some semblance of order. Others swarmed the beach, perhaps hoping to escape the collapsing buildings that always preceded Ava’s arrival, praying that she might miss them as she surveyed an area that to her appeared to be maybe a dozen feet long and a few inches wide.

As she approached closer, Ava casually erased two squat beachfront luxury hotels and thousands of Lillis under a colossal left foot, the entire area heaving with the resulting earthquake, but took no further steps, seeming merely to observe her chosen spot.

Ava was frustrated. She glanced back at her stroll across the city and saw the clear impact of her presence, perfect imprints of her long feet as if pressed into wet sand covered the city’s center, fires raged and smoke wafted up from sections of city she hadn’t even touched, but instead destroyed with her mere presence.

How could they be so stubborn? It was almost like they were daring her to destroy them.

She stomped her left foot once in frustration, the shockwave from the more powerful step throwing those lining the beach to their knees and shattering windows all along the beachfront.

Well, if this is what they want, they’re certainly going to get it.

Ava stepped over the inches wide beach and into the warm water beyond. The impact of something so large on the water’s surface sent massive tidal waves surging away from her (they looked like little ripples to her). Lilli boats ferrying frantic refugees were consumed by the waves, never to resurface, and even the huge Gulli boats miles from shore struggled in the surge. Lillis on the beach drowned by the hundreds as the wall of water hit them and restaurants closest to the water were simply washed away.

The water at this distance barely covered her toes, and she wiggled them playfully, feeling the sandy bottom churn under the massive digits, and sending fresh new waves crashing against the beachside.

"You really don’t give a girl much room to lay out here, you know?” Ava boomed with a wry laugh, glancing cutely over her shoulder at the beach behind her.

The sharpest in the crowds knew what was coming, but could do nothing to stop it as Ava’s planetary, ripped-denim-covered ass began to descend on an entire swathe of beachfront.

Those on the beach directly under her or observing from the boardwalk looked up to see miles of light blue cotton getting closer and closer. Screams that failed to reach Ava’s ears high above chorused from the doomed tinies, as Ava lowered herself inexorably onto their patch of city.

The impact, when it came, was among the most devastating of Ava’s short reign of terror. Her sculpted ass covered blocks upon blocks of beachfront and city, flattening hotels, restaurants, apartment buildings and parks with equal ease. Tens of thousands of Lillis simply vanished beneath her, millions of tons of denim-covered girlflesh burying them deep into the soft ground. The shockwave was almost equally devastating, shattering the area for miles around as buildings collapsed and people were blown clear away.

But Ava wasn’t done. She pivoted on that colossal rear, the denim-covered edifice sliding and pasting hundreds of Lillis who had previously counted themselves safe under the arc of her long legs. Those same legs now rose into the air, extending miles along the beach, creamy thighs and toned calves casting the desperately fleeing Lillis not previously drowned or crushed into shadow. Her huge feet, wettened from the ocean, swung over the massive port, raining gallons upon gallons of water down on Lillis still hoping to escape by boat, the droplets impacting like bombs, and the flow sweeping hapless Lillis off the dock and into the water below.

As she began to lower herself to lie along the beach, everyone knew it was the end for them. One Lilli sprinted like mad through the churned wet sand as a thigh wider than a city block began to roll over the beach, milky white flesh flattening those running behind him under its soft weight. He had miraculously survived a previous brush with the titaness, spared under her high arch during one of her devastating footsteps. But his luck had run out, and he along with hundreds of others were buried under the crushing softness of Ava’s long leg.

Over the port, those colossal feet also began to lower, thousands of Lillis once straining to get onto the water, now sprinting to get back into the city and away from the nearly mile-long appendages. MPs and citizens fled alike, but none were fast enough. The right foot hit first, unknowingly obliterating all of the remaining Lilli boats and driving them into the sea. Then the left made contact, its width crushing even those who had managed to get just outside the port as they fled. As they settled to the ground, Ava’s long toes flared slightly, instantly squishing a group of ten Lilli dockworkers who had somehow survived between them, and slid forward as her long legs extended, easily smearing the remnants of the port beneath them and driving her colossal toes into the next section of city, where the kaiju-sized digits plowed through yet more Concordia real estate and unlucky citizens.

At the other end of Ava’s seemingly endless body her back and exposed shoulders covered miles of city beneath them as they rolled over and onto the blocks below, crushing them into the ground. Hundreds of thousands looked up to see the drape of simple white cotton or tautly muscled shoulder before being buried without a second thought. Even Ava’s auburn locks caused damage as her head came to rest, the wavy, steel cable like strands of fiery red hair ensnaring vehicles and people and crashing through storefronts.

“Ahhh, that’s better,” Ava said, instantly deafening those nearest the mile-wide head that rested on their city.

Little did she know it, but in the simple act of laying out, Ava had caused the single largest casualty event in Lilliputian history.


Ava rested quietly on her city bed, scrolling through pictures on her phone. At first, she had been fascinated by the up-close view of the miniature city next to her now much closer face. She had playfully run her fingers through the buildings, seeing up close how a single fingernail could demolish an entire skyscraper, hell even an entire city block, with ease. She saw how even the simple act of breathing too close blew away the specks she assumed to be cars or vehicles, her minor exhalations washing over them and causing destruction all on their own.

But now she was bored of all that, and very much ready for this whole ordeal to be over. She’d made her point, and there was no way they couldn’t take her seriously now.

Just then, she heard a humming sound, and shading her eyes with one hand, saw that overhead two flying vehicles, each a couple of her inches long, were hovering there. They looked like transport  helicopters but without rotors, seeming to be propelled by some kind of energy system. She was about to swat them out of the sky as just another futile set of attackers when she noticed something much more interesting. There, hanging between them, was a massive, white flag.

She had won! They were giving up!

Now, finally, they had to send her home. And sure enough, just as she had begun sitting up to tell them just that, there was a green flash, and Ava was gone.