- Text Size +

Therese and Bill didn’t manage to get much sleep. They laid for hours in the middle of the sock, switching between ugly dreams and the even uglier reality they found themselves into.


As for April, she was having one great night of sleep. She only woke up at eleven in the morning. Yawning, she checked the time on the phone, thinking it was unusual that her mother hadn’t woken her up yet. The teen jumped off the bed to open the shutters from the window, then she put on a shirt over her bare chest and went for the kitchen to grab some breakfast.


The house was strangely silent. She searched for her parents in their bedroom, but they weren’t there, and they weren’t out in the balcony either. Maybe mom and dad had both gone out, but they rarely did so on sunday mornings. April didn’t think much of it at first, and for a while she focused on getting some breakfast; she tossed all the cereal remaining in the box in a cup, then poured some milk over it. As she ate, she switched various channels on the TV until she settled for some music channel.


When she was finished eating, she rose from her chair. “What did I need to do? Oh right, call mom and tell her to get a new box of cereal while she’s out and about.” The girl got back to her room where she grabbed her phone and called her mom’s number.


The woman didn’t respond. In fact, April could hear the ringtone from her bedroom. Reaching for the source of the sound, she found her mom’s phone on the sofa, and right next to it was her dad’s.


Now this was definitely strange. She hadn’t seen her parents since she left home the night before, now that she thought about it. The last night, she assumed they just were in their bedroom, but she hadn’t actually seen them there. Now they were nowhere to be found and they had left their phones at home. Her worries intensified when she found all of their keys in the ashtray near the frontdoor, where they usually left them.


She wondered if she should’ve called the police at that point, but before doing so she decided to call her aunt Maria instead.


Maria was her mother’s younger sister, and the adult she thought she could count on best in a situation like that. Hearing her voice on the phone reassured her a bit.


When her niece called, Maria was laying on the beach, enjoying June’s sun on her bikini clad body. The woman was a bit upset to have to interrupt her tanning session, but her sister’s disappearance was more than a tad worrying. Not to mention, someone had to be there for April now that she was all alone.


Half an hour later, she was ringing the doorbell on her sister’s home. April rushed to open. “How are you, sweetie?” she asked.
The girl’s face was clearly tense. “Fine, I guess. Just a bit worried.”

“Don’t be scared,” she said as she hugged the teen. “We will find them soon. Have you called the police?”


“Not yet… I’m just hoping they’re coming back soon,” said April.


Maria was still dressed in the clothes she had worn for the beach. A pair of sandals with a five centimeter platform, making her stand taller than April by a good twelve centimeters, and a short dress that showed a generous amount of cleavage. She wanted to stand out in every occasion; she had divorced from her husband one year ago, and back then Therese was worried of how she would react to the breakup. She surprised everyone, and the first thing she did was using the money from the alimony to get a boob job, then spent the following months sleeping with one attractive men after another, most of them younger than herself.

To April, she was the cool aunt that brought her nice gifts and took her for rides in her sports car. The girl was so glad she could count on someone like her in that moment.


Trying to make the girl feel better, Maria shook her hips to the sound of the music video airing in that very moment. Soon the younger girl began to dance too, and for a brief moment she managed to forget about her issues. Then the music stopped, and the news program began to air.


“They didn’t left any message on your phone? No notes? Have you tried asking the neighbors?”

April said no to all three questions. But as she was about to open her mouth to say something else, Maria shut her down. “Wait, listen,” she said, pointing to the TV.


“Dozens of cases have been reported, with countless more likely about to be found out. A batch of eggs from a local producer has been found to be contaminated with an unknown toxic that makes people shrink down to a minuscule size when ingested,” said the journalist.

“People who have been eating the eggs have been found, shrunken like this, by their relatives and flatmates.”


The TV was showing a nurse’s hand, containing several insect sized persons. They could hardly be seen in the middle of the woman’s palm, but as the camera zoomed on it, it showed the freakish sight of a group of people sitting, their nudity censored, all over her palm and likely scared to death. April and Maria watched in disbelief as they kept hearing about the tragic food poisoning case.


“If someone you know has shrunk, please keep them safe and don’t do anything rash. Scientists are working hard to find a cure to this illness, so please remain optimistic,” the reporter continued. “If you suspect someone around you has shrunk, please mantain the utmost care until you find them, and make sure to watch where you step.”


“Do you think…?” asked April, her blood chilling.


“That would explain everything,” said Maria, trying to stay calm. “Until we know for sure, we need to be really careful on where we step.”


“Mom and dad, no!” cried the teen, struggling to imagine her parents reduced to the size of the people she saw in the nurse’s hand.


“Let’s be strong,” said Maria. Her gaze had switched to the floor, on the space around her feet, wondering if she could locate the couple in there. They had to be really tiny, from what the TV showed, so much even spotting them could be an issue. “Wait here,” she then told April. “I’m going to check the fridge to see if those eggs are in there.”

The teen nodded, and Maria began to walk to the kitchen. It took her a while to get there as she had to carefully inspect every inch of the floor before she dared to place her foot in there.


When she opened the fridge she immediately saw the bad news: the eggs from that cursed brand were in there, and the package was missing three of them. She returned to April, telling her what she had found.

“That means...” said the girl.


“We need to think straight,” said Maria. “Let’s look for them in their bedroom first.”

“What if I crushed them already,” said April as she followed her aunt to her parents’s room.


“Just don’t think about that darling,” said the woman. Then the girl’s face lightened up. She had remember something.


“Aunt!”, she called. “I think I saw mom and dad yesterday night, now that I think of it!”

“Really?”, said Maria. “Where?”


“There were some bugs near my bed when I came back home,” frantically explained the girl. “Just next to my foot, I blew on them so they ended up under the bed. I thought they were bugs but now that I think of it they could have been mom and dad! They were about the same size as those people they showed on TV!”


“Seriously?” Maria had almost reached her sister’s bedroom, but she backed away upon listening to the news. “We’ll need to check in your bedroom then.”


“Careful...” lightly said Maria as she opened the door of the girl’s bedroom.


“It makes sense now!” reflected April as she pointed at her mother’s clothes on the floor in the middle of the room. “I couldn’t understand why mom would leave her clothes in my room, but it makes sense now!”


“She just shrank into them,” pointed out Maria, looking at the sundress idly standing near the middle of the bedroom. “Let’s be extra careful around here,” she added as she took one step closer to the bed. “And slowly try to get near the bed.”


April nodded and followed her aunt. Slowly, they walked until they reached the edge of the bed. Maria bent down to take a look under there, but it was too dark for her to notice something as small as the people she was looking for.


She used her phone to make some light of the scene. April joined her, making even more light using her own device.


“Therese, Bill,” said the older woman in a soothing voice. “Please come out of there so that we can see you.”


“Therese!” exclaimed Bill, who was still hanging out on the sock next to his wife. “It’s your sister’s voice! It seems like she knows we’re here!”


“How can she?” asked the woman, surprised.


“I have no idea. But this is our chance, let’s try and walk out of here.”


The two began to climb out of the sock they were into. As their minuscule figures emerged from the sock, Maria and April could see them walk in their direction.


“Holy shit!” said Maria. “They were hiding inside your sock the whole time.”


April was dumbfounded, but relieved to see her speck-sized parents alive and moving towards them. “Mom, dad! Come to us!” she said, a smile forming on her face for the first time that morning.


It was a brief walk from the sock to the edge of the bed. In a few minutes, they reached the space on the floor where Maria and April’s feet were planted. Both ladies were in a squatting position. Therese recognized the sandals Maria was wearing; she had bought the same pair as they went out shopping together a week or so ago. Her sister’s feet were dirty from her time at the beach; having to hurry to her rescue, she had opted not to shower. Seeing how the grains of sand stuck to her toes were the closest things on her sister’s body she could compare herself to, she felt more than disturbed.

As for Bill, he was more interested in looking under his sister-in law’s dress, where he spotted the orange bikini bottom covering the space between her juicy legs. Just like he felt the night before while riding his wife’s tits, seeing a majestic beauty like that up close was humbling and awing.


The two hesitated to move forward as they feared getting too close to their feet could end up being dangerous for them. As for the giant ladies, they shared the same fear of hurting the poor tiny couple, who looked so weak down on the floor.


They saw Maria’s finger coming closer to them, which scared them to no end. The huge brunette smiled seeing that the two had begun to run in the opposite direction as she lowered her finger towards them.

“Don’t run away you dumb fucks!” she scolded them. “Climb on my nail instead.”


Bill and Therese turned and walked to the gigantic lady’s nail. The long and thick nail of the woman, sticking for about two centimetres out of her finger, turned too difficult for them to climb onto. Maria noticed this with a mix of amusement and annoyance. April’s nail was similarly thick and strong, which left the giant ladies at a loss on how they could manage to get their minuscule relatives on board.


“I know,” said Maria, licking her finger. April couldn’t help but open her mouth wide in stupor as she saw her aunt attempting to catch her parents under her wet fingertip.


“Aren’t you hurting them?” she asked as she saw them disappearing under the woman’s finger.


“Not anymore than it’s needed,” said Maria, pulling her finger back. She twisted it, showing her niece and herself the sight of the two sorry persons glued to her sticky fingertip.


“Mom, dad! Please tell me you’re OK!” said April to the two of them. The two, stuck to the viscous wad of spit they had been caught on, couldn’t move too much to communicate.


As for Maria, she didn’t think she would’ve enjoyed this so much. She had grown up in the shadow of her sister. Sure, their relationship had always been friendly, and they kept seeing each other as often now that they were 39 and 44 as they did twenty years ago. But in her heart she always felt like the little sister, like the child she used to be who had to try the hardest to compete with her bigger, smarter, more competent relative. All her life she had tried to one up Therese as best as she could. Trying to do better at school, trying to dress better, to be more attractive, to get a better husband… but Therese always seemed to win, somehow. Divorcing last year while Therese’s marriage seemed to carry on strong, was just the most recent blow. Her consequent boob job and sleeping around were another way to try and cope with her inferiority complex. But now that she held her big sister, as well as her brother in law in the middle of her fingertip, so small she could barely make up their tiny figures… well, she couldn’t really say she was happy that they shrunk; but in a way, she felt like it was some kind of karmic payback.


“Sorry ‘bout that,” she said to the two specks. “Couldn’t think of a better way to get you off the floor.”


“Wait, let me help,” said April as she gently breathed on the tiny couple to dry them off of Maria’s spit.


“Good job,” said Maria. “Thanks to you, they’re moving.”


April saw their tiny legs and arms move around her aunt’s finger. “Can I hold them?” she asked. “Please.”


“Sure thing sweetie,” said the older brunette. “They’re your mom and dad, after all.” And she gently tapped her finger over April’s sweaty palm, letting her speck sized family fall into it.


“They must be hungry,” said April. “Let’s get them some food.”

Maria nodded. The two ladies rose from their position and walked to the kitchen. The TV had returned to the usual music video rotation, and Maria resumed her dancing as April walked carefully, making sure no one would fall out of her hand.


Maria crumpled some bread with her fingers, while April let some drops of milk fall from her glass. As the tiny beings ate, the two giant ladies delivered the facts to them. They learned why they had shrunk, and that hundreds of others were now in the same situation.


“By the way, did they say what to do with them?” asked Maria. “I guess we need to bring them to the hospital or something, right?”


“No way, I’d rather keep them here where I can look after them.”


Maria nodded. “They haven’t found a cure yet, so it would be useless to turn them in anyway.”


“Well, I need to use the bathroom,” said the teen girl. “Check on them until I’m back.”


Bill and Therese ate their food straight from the table surface. It felt a bit dehumanizing to them , but they were hungry enough not to care, and it wasn’t like they were going to get anything much better for the time being. As they ate, Bill stole more than one glance of the busty woman in front of him, which angered Theresa.

“What is it?” she said. “Do you want to go mountain climbing on her tits or what?”


The incredible spectacle of Maria’s chest was enough for Bill to endure his wife’s berating. If the large woman could have heard their bickering, she would’ve been more than proud. Instead she could only imagine what the couple on the floor was quarreling about.


When April returned, it was Maria’s turn to get to the bathroom. She hadn’t taken a shower since she came back from the beach, so she made use of the one they had in there. When she returned to the living room, refreshed, April was intent on studying her shrunken mom and dad.


“What are they doing?” she sweetly asked her niece.

“No idea, just too small to even understand.”


Maria sighed. She didn’t know if she really wanted to say what she was about to say to her niece, but what else was she supposed to do? April had been left alone, her parents were the size of ants and no one better than her aunt could take care of the young girl for the time being.


“I think you should move to my place for now,” she proposed. “Until they find a cure for them.”

The teen girl nodded. “Thanks aunt. I hope I won’t be much of a nuisance.”

“You could never be a nuisance sweetie,” said Maria, kissing her niece on the cheek. “As for them, they’re too small to be even if they tried their best.”


Both of them chuckled. “Well, pack your stuff as best as you can, I’ll be back to pick you up this afternoon.”

Chapter End Notes: