- Text Size +
Chapter seven

 

It was a considerable fighting force the governor had assembled. Twenty thousand troops backed by hundreds of tanks and several attack helicopters opened fired on Rebecca Anderson.

 

"You fools! Don't you realize you can't not stop a GTS-Goddess?" Rebecca cried as she began her counter attack.

 

The troops tried their best, but they were no match for Rebecca. The governor watched in horror as the tanks went "Crunch", "Crunch" and the troops went "splat" as Rebecca crushed them underfoot.

"Now I know what general Cluster felt at his last stand." The governor commented, when Rebecca crushed the governor's mansion underfoot.

 

"You mentioned that you had a boyfriend."

Katie sighed. She had a feeling the subject would come up.

"His name is Kevin. I meet him back in 1998 when I was small enough to fit into a room."

"That's hard to imagine." Debbie commented.

"Don't remind me. Anyway, we became close friends. But I grew and grew, and I feared for his safety. When I reached the 3,000-foot mark, I made the decision to send him away. He wasn't happy about it and I don't blame him. But I couldn't live with myself if I accidentally crushed him to death. He was the only man I ever loved, other than my dad of course. "

"That's sad. Was making Kevin a giant an option?"

"No! Giants and giant couples are frowned upon in GTS-space. Besides Kevin didn't want to be a giant and I respect his wishes." Katie replied.

"Can't blame you for that, but I find it strange that giants are frowned upon. Wouldn't a GTS-Goddess prefer suitable male companionship?" Debbie asked.

"Most goddesses want to tower over and dominate men. Those who prefer a more equal relationship then to get into trouble." Katie replied.

 

Before Debbie could explore the subject further Doreen showed up and told her it was time to go home.

"So soon?" Debbie asked.

"The party will be coming to a close soon, and besides we need to give you a few tips on how to gently rule a world." Doreen replied.

 

While most of the world hated the GTS-Goddesses, Las Vegas was profiting on the situation.

"Place your bets on which cities and or countries the GTS-Goddesses are going to destroy next." Bill Harding manger of 'house of bets' told his customers. While most of the customers in the place started making bets. A few had questions for him.

"What if the GTS-Goddesses destroy Las Vegas?" A man asked him.

"I'm betting that they won't." Bill replied.

"How can you profit off other people's misfortunes?" A woman named Natasha William asked.

"Hey, If I had a conscience I won't be in this town." Bill replied.

"I lost my whole family, when the GTS-Goddesses destroyed San Francisco." She told him.

"Sad but not my problem. Make a bet or leave."

"May a giantess destroy this place." Natasha cried before being booted out of the 'house of bets'.

 

Bill Harding wasn't the only one taking bets. Other people in town had set up web sites, posting odds on the likely hood of a city being destroyed by a GTS-Goddess. GTSwriter was disappointed to see that his native Boston was ranked likely to be destroyed. GTSwriter then read that the mayor of Boston was not worried and had even kept up his golf game. GTSwriter then surfed over the 'GTS watch site' a web site that tracked GTS-goddess movements around the world. He noted with interest that a 3000-foot tourist who loved to take monuments was hitting Europe while Canada was full of GTS-goddesses who did little more than talk to each other.

 

The web site also kept track of how many cities the Chinese were losing. GTSwriter noted that the super sized GTS-Goddesses having run out of cities in the north were now heading south toward Shanghai. He wondered where they would go after they ran out of Chinese cities.

 

What GTSwriter was most interested in, was what city the evil GTS-Goddesses were going to destroy next. A question the web site spies could not answer for the GTS-Goddesses was undecided.

 

Gabrielle: "I vote for Boston. They should pay for their crimes against the CSA. Besides they are a bunch of south hating Yankees."

Michelle: "Isn't the same also true for Detroit?"

Gabrielle: "Yes. But to a lesser degree."

Verta: "I vote for Detroit. They should pay for being the home of General Motors, Chrysler and Ford."

Joanna: "Well I refuse to destroy my hometown of Boston."

Margaret: "You’re a wimp. But since Mr. G has informed me that were about to get a new recruit, it doesn't really matter."

Michelle: "Who?"

Margaret: "He really didn't say. He said that he would turn one of the women at the rebel conference on GTS-345 into a GTS-Goddess. He also promises me that she will be pro GTS-Goddess and not another Alexandra."

Cheryl: "I would like to meet this woman."

Margaret: "So would I. But first we should decide which city to destroy."

 

Natasha was eating lunch at an interstate rest stop, when she saw the 8,000-foot GTS-Goddess come over the horizon. She was a little surprised to see that the goddess was black, but fear soon overcame surprise when the GTS-Goddess headed straight for the rest stop.

"Hello people. My name is Pamela. I'm going to make you my pets." She told the people in the restaurant. Pamela then lifted the whole rest stop from the ground and ordered everyone out of the buildings. Seeing that they had little choice, they obeyed. Pamela then massed kissed them.

 

Natasha wasn't happy about this, she started to cry, and Pamela who asked why Natasha was unhappy noticed this. Against her will, Natasha told Pamela the whole story. Pamela was touched; she then separated Natasha from the other pets and told her.

"While there is nothing I can do about your family, how would you like to have your revenge on Bill Harding and his 'house of bets'?"

"I would like that very much. What do you have in mind?" Natasha asked.

 

The people of Shanghai watched in horror as Florence and Shirley got closer and closer. Then to the amazement of the Chinese, the GTS-Goddesses suddenly stopped.

Florence: "I just thought of something, who's keeping score?"

Shirley: "You’re supposed to be keeping track. I have destroyed 409 cities. Can you beat that?"

Florence: "I don't think so. Besides I'm getting tried. I concede that you have destroyed the most cities."

 

"Climb Dennis, Climb".

Dennis was tried. There was a time that he would have considered climbing a mountain sized GTS-goddess a pleasant fantasy. Now it was a grim realty. He was just above the navel of Dorothy a 9700-foot GTS-Goddess.

"I'll be glad when this party is over." Dennis muttered

"Why?" Michelle (who happened to be standing nearby) asked.

"Then I won't have to watch my home world die." Dennis replied.

"We are here because of your wish." Michelle reminded him.

"I wished for a party, not for mass destruction."

"The two are linked, speaking of destruction it's time to give Boston a call. You can resume your climb of Dorothy later."

Michelle then picked Dennis off Dorothy's stomach and headed for Boston.

 

A while later, Michelle joined the other evil GTS-goddesses in Massachusetts.

"What are we waiting for?" Michelle asked.

"The new recruit." Margaret replied just as a wormhole opened and two figures emerged. One was 1200-feet tall and dressed in golfing attire and carrying a golf ball. Standing next to her was a 200-foot giantess who looked like she didn't want to be there. The taller figure then stepped forward.

"Hello there. My name is Stacey Ball."

"You’re a golfer?" Margaret asked in surprise.

"Yes." Stacey replied.

"What's a golfer doing at a GTS rebel conference?" Michelle asked.

"Oh that! I didn't want to go, but she (Stacey pointed to the giantess next her) insisted I go. Talk about a bunch of losers. They won't be rebelling against anyone again, I made sure of that."

"But why did you bring her here?" Margaret asked.

"Well, she used to be my best friend, so I didn't have the heart to kill her. I wanted her to be big enough to be my caddy, but I had to settle for her being my ball finder."

"Ball finder. That a cute name." Michelle commented.

"Anyone for a game of golf?" Stacey asked.

"But there are no golf courses big enough for us." Gabrielle pointed out.

"Who needs a golf course? Here's what I got in mind."

 

The mayor of Boston was putting in his office, when he heard a commotion outside. When looked outside he saw a giantess digging a hole next to city hall. She then put a flag with the number 2 on it by the hole.

"What in the world do you think your doing?" He asked the giantess.

"Helping turn greater Boston into a golf course." The giantess replied.

"What! You can't do that."

"Look buddy. We Sizechangers got orders to put holes in the city of Boston, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton and Watertown."

"I demand to speak to whomever in charge." The mayor demanded. The giantess shrugged her shoulders and then picked up the mayor and carried him to the evil GTS-Goddesses.

 

"I never played golf in my life." Cheryl complained as she tried to get the feel of her golf club. She and her fellow evil GTS-Goddesses had golf clubs and balls tailored to their size.

"Come on, it will fun."

"It will be different. I'll grant you that." Margaret commented.

 

"Excuse me. But the mayor of Boston, wants to speak to the GTS-Goddess in charge."

"Oh Really? I guess that me. What do you want Mr. Mayor?" Margaret asked.

"I ask you to spare my city. Boston has played an important role in America history, going all the way back to 1630."

"Dennis, reply for me." Margaret commanded.

"You're wasting your breath. They have already voted to destroy Boston."  Dennis told him.

"You're working in league with these monsters?" The mayor asked. Before Dennis could reply, the mayor was placed on an enormous golf tee. Being a golfer, he knew he was in a very bad spot.

"You wouldn't." The mayor bagged.

"Fore." Margaret cried as she swung her golf club and sent the mayor flying.

 

GTSwriter thought he knew what a mega giantess attack on a city would be like. After all he had read hundreds of stories on the subject and had written a dozen of them himself. But never in his wild dreams did he imagine that his city would be attacked by golf club wielding GTS-Goddesses who seamed to be more interested in hitting buildings and people than golf balls. Although being the size of a house, the golf balls were doing a lot of damage on there own. As he watched, one landed across the street from him, damaging an apartment house. A few moments later a 200-foot giantess muttering "How did it go so wrong?" came looking for the ball. GTSwriter decided to act.

 

“Excuse me. Can I have a moment of your time?"

The giantess looked at him, but didn't respond. GTSwriter decided to continue talking.

"I'm a GTS writer. I want to chronicle the adventures of the GTS-Goddesses."

"Ball finder! Where's my ball?" Stacey asked.

"It's over here." The giantess replied.

Stacey then came over the where the giantess was standing. She was about to take a swing, when GTSwriter said.

"I want to write you story."

"Who dares interrupt my golf game?" Stacey asked.

"My name is GTSwriter, world famous GTS writer. I want to tell your story to the world."

"As temping as that is. I'm afraid I can't spare you. My fellow GTS-goddesses want no survivors in the city of Boston." Stacey replied.

"Can't you make an exception?" GTSwriter asked. Stacey's response was to crush him underfoot. Then a moment later she resumed her golf game.

 

Bill Harding was celebrating he had correctly bet that the evil GTS-Goddess would go after Boston next. He was pouring out the campaign when he felt the ground shake a little. Then he heard sounds of panic outside. He when outside to investigate. Off in the distance, he saw an 8,000-foot GTS-Goddess off in the distance. He soon noticed that she was making no move toward the city.

"Relax people. She won't come here, Las Vegas is too important to be destroyed and they know it." He told his fellow citizens, this clamed them down, until they noticed a 100-foot giantess walking down the road heading straight for the 'house of bets'.

"Now what?" Bill cried as the brown haired giantess got closer and closer. For some reason she looked familiar to him but he could place the face. Then to his surprise, she stopped in front of his business and GREW to 200 feet in height. Before the sunned Bill could react, she grabbed him and brought him up to the level of her face.

"Remember me?" She asked.

"You do look familiar, but I can't place the face." Bill replied.

"You kicked me out of the 'house of bets' yesterday." Natasha told him.

"Now I remember, you’re the girl who objected to my honest business."

"Honest! You're going to pay for that remark mister. Lets make a bet, I'm going to flip you, if you land on your feet I will kill you, if you land on your head, I will torture you."

Bill tried to protest, but Natasha flipped up as if he were a coin. To his horror he missed her hand and went crashing down to the ground.

"I guess this means you die." Natasha told him before stepping on him.

Widespread panic had now gripped the city. Natasha noticed this, so she tried to calm the fleeing crowds.

"People you have nothing to fear from me. I only want to destroy the 'house of bets'"

This didn't calm the crowd, so Natasha just shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention to the 'house of bets'.

 

Increasing her height to 300 feet, she then started her demolition job on the four-story 'house of bet's'. She pounded and kicked the structure and within minutes it was in ruins. Natasha then shrank back down to her normal height.

 

Seeing that she was no longer a giantess, the local police felt brave enough to approach her.

"Madam you're under arrest." They shouted at her.

"Oh really!" Natasha replied. She then grew into a 50-foot giantess.

"Remember I can turn into a giantess anytime I want to." She told the cops. Who decided that arresting her wasn't such a good idea. They got back into their cop car and fled as fast as they could. 

 

Natasha then heard the sound of clapping. Pamela was cheering her.

"Good job Natasha." Pamela said.

"Thank you." Natasha replied as she shrank down to her normal height.

 

Back in Boston, Stacey had just finished her last hole.

"I got a 190. Can you goddesses beat it?" Stacey asked.

"I'm not every trying. I'm having too much fun destroying these car-infested freeways. " Verta replied.

"We are not trying to get a good golf score. Were trying to cause as much destruction as possible." Margaret added.

Stacey looked around, their wasn't much left of Boston.

"Now what?" Stacey asked.

"Our work here is done. It's time to go home." Margaret replied.

"I got a question. What's going to happen to the 'pet of the party'?"

"He is going to be shared with the other GTS-Goddess even some of the gentle ones." Margaret replied.

"Gentle goddess! Do you mean it?" Dennis asked.

"Don't get too comfortable. You'll find that gentle giantess aren't so gentle." Margaret told him.

 

"But I don't want to go." Natasha whined.

"You don't have a choice, besides it not safe for you here. "Pamela replied.

"But can't you protect me from the evil GTS-goddesses?"

"That's not the problem, for all the GTS-goddesses are leaving this world. The problem is the four goddesses of the apocalypse."

"Who?" Natasha asked but Pamela didn't answer.

 

“You're wasting your time Katie Spencer."

"I got to try Doreen. "

Katie then went up to the four goddess of the apocalypse.

"I beg you to spare what's left of this world."

"No can do. We got orders to destroy everything but Michigan." Conquest replied.

"All the people that God wants to save have been moved there." Slaughter added.

"I can't believe that God would allow such destruction."

The four goddesses of the apocalypse then started laughing.

"It's apparent you haven't read the Old Testament." Death commented.

"What do you mean by that?" Katie asked.

"In the Old Testament he bumped off people all the time." Death replied.

"Why do you care? It's not even your world." Slaughter asked.

"I care for Humanity." Katie replied.

"That is an unusual attitude for a GTS-Goddess to have. Especially one destined to reach 50 miles in height. How can you care for Humanity when your slightest movement caused them to be crushed underfoot?" Conquest asked.

Katie was speechless. Conquest had brought up one of her greatest fears for the future.

Seeing her plight, Doreen decided to step in.

"Come on Katie. It's time to go." Doreen then led Katie home.

 

The end for now