- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The three adventurers moved over and stood on the massive buckle. An expansive drawstring highway crossed the chasm of cleavage. Crisp, high altitude air bathed the party, along with a trace amount of Astrid's perfume. They found themselves on newly formed mountains, still rising higher.


“Yeah... you can see it emanating light over there... so we've got to... well, I mean... we've got to get over to her...” the Healer, Grom, trailed off.


“We got to get over to her other tiddy, yeah, we get it. Anybody have any ideas how we can do that, besides just walking across this giant rope? You got us up here, can't you just get us over there?” the Warrior, Jax, said, and gestured toward the Mage.


“I already told you, I'm spent for the day. I got nothing left. Between that ludicrous fight, and now this, it was my last trick to even get us up here!” Airvin exclaimed. The three of them braced as they slowly rose up, the wind rushing past them. The unconscious giantess, Astrid, breathed, causing her chest to rise immensely for the specks that were currently passengers on her breast.


“It's so nerve-wracking how... well how much this well... “bridge” is rising and falling... just by her breathing.” Grom said.


“Yeah well if we hesitate to get moving, the trip is only going to take even longer. After all, she's still getting bigger!” Airvin said.


“Fine then, if you idiots don't have any other suggestions, or ideas, then we got to go. Come on, watch your step, obviously a fall from this height could fucking kill you.” Jax motioned across the supple skin that created the canyon they had to cross, “Although, I will say, I could think of worst ways to die. Like that dragon tail.” Reluctantly the troop made its way forward, moving as quickly and as cautiously as they could manage. Grom's vision shifted towards the thief's colossal head, then pivoted glancing down her body, which was now miles and miles long.


“God's be praised... I can't get over how... massive... she is.”


“Yeah we get it Grom, she's really fucking big! Got her hands on that Magic Idol in the treasure pile, and wished for greater power. Who knew it was going to be some gods-damn monkey paw thing?” frustration building in Jax's voice.


“Do you think that Elder Dragon thought, in all the cosmos and galaxies, he was going to meet his demise, simply by having a miles high woman crush him to death under her leather bound glutes?” Airvin asked. The band moved rapidly, as the twisted highway rose once more. They all stooped and pressed on. Under their titanic friend lay a former mountain range that no longer existed, and a dead dragon. The thought of the treasure that lay buried and was enough to set them for life, and it kept them driving forward. If they solved this current growing problem.


“I don't know, and why in the Hells did she pass the fuck out anyway?”


“Well... it makes sense that... well it was either shock... or vertigo... or both.” Grom shrugged.


“We got to keep moving, otherwise she might just wake up. Then what?” Airvin asked.


“We are totally butt-fucked if she comes to and just sits upright.”


“Not to mention us dying... Gods save us... but who knows where that Idol will fall if she lifts herself up... not like she'd be able to get her hands on it... or even her fingertips at this point...” They pressed onward, fighting the exhaustion and shifting elevation. If they had not been keen on the task at hand, the view might have been a nice change from all the devastation the last hour held. Sadly, time could not be spent looking over the Ironvale Forest to the east, or the Pernamdok Ocean to the west.


“Yeah... ya know... this really is just like us, isn't it?... Sure like... I mean we win... yet somehow we just... well things are worse afterwards... Why does that keep happening to us?” Grom looked toward the pale purple sky.

“Who knows, maybe Fate just likes fucking with us. Hey wait a second, can't you ask God to do something about this right now?”


“How many times do I got to tell you... it doesn't work like that. If I could have... I would have done that already.”


“Just don't waste your breath vocalizing too much. At the rate she's expanding, one of her feet is probably going to run into Ruinteria, and ruin it.” Airvin said.


“How perfect that our little ol thief here, is now a bigger threat to that smelly city, then that damn dragon ever was.” Jax laughed at his own joke.


“Gods... is she... ginormous.”


“Yeah we get it, Astrid is really fucking big, we've already been over this. Just keep your damn head in the game, or else there's no way we'll be able to reverse this.” A sudden snort, the giantess's face twisted. She sniffed erratically and her body shook with the loud snore.

The reverberations violently shook the string. The two of them ducked low, but the Healer bounced up and down, finding the rounded edge much faster than anticipated. He began to fall. A scream exited his mouth just as a hand grabbed the back of his armor.


“Oh thank the gods... Oh my Gods... I could kiss you right now.” Grom's eyes popped.


“Holy shit I almost missed you! Besides don't you dare do that. You know our rules about thank-yous and compliments. We are even again.” Jax set him down and continued walking.


“Actually... no... you still owe me one.”


“What the fuck?!”


“Yeah, you died twice in that last fight. Are you concussed and experiencing a mental lapse in cognition?” Airvin asked.


“I did? I don't fucking remember that. Yeah that tail came down and crushed me, I remember that. That was unpleasant, that's for damn sure. What about the other one, how do I not remember that?”


Airvin spoke again,“It was that time you got up, propelled forward, and then we're immediately immolated by dragon fire.”


“Well I certainly don't remember that, but that does sound exactly like something I would do.”


“Hey... maybe let's little less chatty... little bit more moving across this rope... I don't know how many times I should remind you... but this road still getting longer... cuz she's still growing larger!”




Chapter End Notes:

Thank you all so very much for reading! and especially those that left a review. It truly warms my heart knowing people are enjoying this fun story. Now I must tell you that it will be quite a while before any new chapters happen with this story... If any. 


Full disclosure on how the story came to be. This chapter, Treacherous Expanse" was essentially written as a caption for a fun, evocative piece of artwork. Then somebody knew we deserved a prelude to how the party got to this point. So they commissioned me to write the first three chapters. They wish to stay anonymous. They gave me total artistic freedom on what to write, and my muses did their thing... And then some...


I have plenty of ideas of where this story could go. We could get to see Jax's old flame, run into plenty of people Astrid has pulled a fast one on, find out a lot about the past Airvin is running from and even see Grom's God. Maybe...... If you are interested in seeing more of this story, You can directly make that happen by giving me a financial push over at  https://ko-fi.com/slogro  and give some sort of reason relating to the story particularly. Crowdfunding a story? Why not, the internet has surprised me plenty times before. Thanks you~