- Text Size +

Petty Larceny

Henry woke up in a daze, finding himself laying on a hard floor. He opened his eyes, his vision initially blurry but becoming much more clear with each passing second. He looked upward toward the darkness of the night sky above him... Or rather, he thought he was. The "sky" in question looked more white than it should have, but illuminated by a strange bluish light. Perhaps he was inside a building somewhere.

Yes... Now he remember. Before he blacked out, he and his companions WERE in a house, a house that they had decided to "clean out." However, a few seconds after breaking in, there was a buzzing sound, and everything went dark.

Henry stood to his feet, and after removing his mask from his face, looked around him. This place was dark, but he could still make out several structures. Several tall structures. Almost like buildings.

"What the fuck...?" Henry said to himself.

"Dawg," said a rather deep voice to his side. "What happened?"

Henry turned to his left and saw one of his companions, DeShawn, sitting up on his spot on the floor. With the black clothes he was wearing, he almost camoflauged into the darkness, but he could just barely make him out.

"I don't know," Henry replied back. "Where Juan an' Richard?"

"Here," said a male voice with a Spanish accent from behind, belonging to Juan. "Richie's here, too."

Within a minute, all four men were standing together, all with their masks removed from their faces. Both Henry and DeShawn were tall Black men; Henry has his black hair coiled in cornrows and had a mustache growing on his face, while DeShawn was slightly taller with his hair--usually an afro--tied behind him with a rubber band. Richard was White, with his brown hair cut rather short. Juan was of Puerto Rican descent, who's head was nearly shaven bald, as well as both a small mustache that was growing into his equally small beard.

"Back up," Richard said. "What happened?"

"I dunno," Henry answered. "I don't even know where we are."

"Didn't we bust into that April girl's house while she was gone?" DeShawn asked.

"Yeah," Henry replied. "But after that... I don't know what happened.. I heard a buzz, and then blacked out."

"So did I," Juan said.

"Me too," added Richard.

"Yep," DeShawn added as well.

"Really?" Henry said in surprise. "Then I ain't goin' crazy after all."

Richard looked around. "This is a weird place. It looks like some empty city or something."

"What kinda city?" Henry asked. "I ain't never seen a city like this. What's up with these big-ass buildings, anyway?"

"Why're you asking me?" Richard replied, a bit fluster. "I'm as clueless as you are!"

"Fuck..."

Juan walked away from the group, and looked around at the scenery. After nearly a minute of silence, he finally spoke. "...Ey... Call me crazy... but these don't look like no buildings."

"The hell you talkin' about?" DeShawn asked. "What else could they be?"

"Furniture?" Juan suggested.

Henry, DeShawn, and Richard looked at each other, before all three of them burst out laughing.

"What?" Juan said in an annoyed tone.

"Hahahah... Yeah right," Henry said as he recovered from his laughter. "Furniture? The fuck you talkin' about?"

"I'm serious!" Juan retorted. "If you look close enough, it looks like giant furniture!"

"Get real," Richard said. "Why would there be giant furniture anywhere?"

"Yeah, he's right," Henry added. "Maybe you're going crazy again." Juan wasn't exactly the sharpest mind in the bunch.

Juan let out a loud sigh. "Okay. What are they?"

"Buildings," DeShawn answered.

"You ever see buildings like this?"

"No, but-"

"My point exactly!"

"I ain't never been nowhere outside of Detroit, so I don't know what buildings in other countries look like."

Suddenly, there was a loud noise in the distance. Almost like thunder. Then, another similar noise, except louder, rumbled through the landscape.

"Dude, what the fuck was that?" DeShawn asked.

"I sounds like it came from behind us," Richard said.

As the three turned in the direction behind where they were, and as Juan came to rejoin them, they heard several more rumbles following the first two. Though... These seemed more like bangs than rumbles. Bangs that seemed to become louder than the one before it.

Henry was confused. "What's going on-"

Then, a blinding light suddenly illiuminated the entire land scape. Henry briefly covered his eyes, as the light stung his retinas. The banging noise--or what was causing it--was so close that they were causing the floor to vibrate like incrasingly violent tremors. As Henry uncovered his eyes, and his vision came to, he heard his friends suddenly become horrified.

"Oh shit!!" DeShawn shouted. "What the fuck is that?!"

"Oh my God!!" Richard exclaimed.

Once his eyes were completely uncovered, and his vision cleared up again, he found himself also at a loss of words, but filled with fear at what he saw: The largest pair of feet that he has ever seen. They were adorned in a pair of silver strappy sandals with 3 inch heels. Henry's neck craned upward, following her clean-shaven ebony legs upward to her white dress, which barely came down to her knees. Still going upward revealed the dress to be strapless, and what looked like the pendant of a necklace hanging right over the cleavage of her somewhat large breasts. Going to her face revealed juicy lips painted a dark shade of red, with brown eyes above her nose. Her brown hair was tied into a pony tail behind her head, but with some of her hair hanging over her forehead in bangs.

This was April.

"Shit!" Henry blurted out as she casually walked by, and then disappear into another area. "How the fuck she get so big!?"

"Ey, look behind you!!" DeShawn yelled out.

Henry turned around, facing in the direction of the large building that they were speculating about minutes before. However, with the huge amount of light spreading through the area, he could now much more easily make out those figures. There was one tall blue structure relatively close to where the group were, and a similar one next to it; both almost looked like giant chairs. Off in the distance was what looked like a brown table, set upon a white patch surrounded by the brown ground, and further still was a long blue structure that looked like a couch. Further than that was a light blue sky pasted with floral designs all around him, and above him the sky was completely white, with a round luminous object--much like the sun, but not quite--in the middle.

Henry let out a horrified gasp.

Could Juan have been right? Could these objects indeed be giant furniture? If so, were they in an equally enormous room? If so, why? And why was April so gigantic?

"Dawg!!" DeShawn said. "What we gonna do now?!"

"Why don't we try to get April's attention?" Richard suggested.

"How you know that's the April we know?" DeShawn asked. "It could be some giant bitch who just looks like her!"

"Well, whoever it is, maybe she can help us."

"You think she won't just think we're bugs? Juan asked.

Richard rubbed his forehead with his palm. "I sure hope not."

Then, the violent vibrations and loud tapping sounds returned, and soon with them, came the return of the giant April, as she walked from whatever area she was in, and back where she originally entered from.

Soon after, darkness fell upon the landspace again, and the tapping sounds of April's hard heels against the floor quickly faded away, until the group could barely hear them.

"...Shit," Henry said. "We shoulda called her."

The group stayed silent for nearly a minute, presumably thinking about their current situation.

"Why don't we follow her?" Richard suggested.

"'Follow her'?" DeShawn said. "We so small that we can't even reach her!"

"Yeah," Juan added. "I could take us a long time to get to where she is."

"Well, you have any better ideas?" Richard asked as he folded his arms. "Both of you?"

Henry and Richard looked expectantly at DeShawn and Juan, who were silently looking back. It did not seem that either one was fabricating an alternate plan in their heads.

"I didn't think so," Richard said, before walking away from the group, and in the direction that April had disappeared into.

Henry looked towards DeShawn and Juan, and briefly tilted his head in the direction that Richard was heading in, signaling for them to follow him. Once Henry started after Richard, DeShawn and Juan followed closely behind.

~~~

The group seemed to walk for hours. Henry's legs were tired and wobbly, and he was not sure of how much more longer he could go without taking a break. Looking around, he knew that his comrades felt the same way.

They had walked through what looked like the front hall; in fact, he recognized it from when the four first broke into April's home. Indeed, after seeing this, Henry and the rest were convinced that they were inside of a much larger version of April's house.

They had since walked into the room next to it, which was, as far as Henry could see though the darkness, what looked to be the kitchen; with a brown wooden floor not unlike what was in the room that they started in, a large refrigerator behind them, an equally large counter and sink to their left, cabinets most likely full of dishes above the sink, and a stove off in the distance in front of them.

As they made their way further into this new locale, Juan took this moment to speak up, having just realized something for the first time. "Hey, our guns're missing," he said.

Henry, Richard, and DeShawn stopped in their tracks. They patted themselves down, and indeed, the weaponry that they had armed themselves with when they entered the house had mysteriously vanished.

"What the fuck!" DeShawn exclaimed. "I know I didn't drop my gun! ...Shit!"

"Damn," Richard said. "First we end up in a big house, and now our weapons are gone... What does this all mean?"

"I don't know, but we ain't got no choice but to see what April has to say about this..." Henry said, before continuing through the dark area.

 

 

After a while, DeShawn stopped walking, and sat down on the floor. "Man.. I'm so fuckin' tired," he said.

The others also stopped with him.

"I think we've been walking for hours," Richard said. "...In fact, it looks like morning might be breaking."

Henry looked around him. Indeed, the darkness seemed to be slowly dissipating.

"Maybe we should find someplace to rest," Richard suggested.

"I vote for right here," DeShawn said as he laid down on the floor. "...Oh yeah..."

"That's dangerous," Richard said. "What if April comes out while we're in this spot?"

"I can hear that bitch's every footstep," DeShawn responded. "I can get out of the way before she flattens me."

Richard stared at DeShawn for a few seconds, before shrugging. "Whatever. You do what you want."

"What about us?" Juan asked.

"We should move somewhere else," Henry said.

"What about DeShawn?"

"You heard him. If he hear April coming, he'll get the fuck outta there. Besides, you know how he don't like to be moved."

"...I hope he's right..."

Richard walked to their right, towards what looked like a table--a monstrously huge table. Henry and Juan followed after him. Soon, they had arrived underneath the large structure, and Henry chose to rest against its leg. Juan sat down nearby, crossing his legs in the process. Richard stood for a few more minutes, before also sitting down on the floor.

Henry had no idea how he and his companions ended up in the states that they were currently in, or what had happened to their firearms. He sighed, and began to close his eyes. He could only hope that April would provide answers as to how he and his friends had ended up in ther current state, and that she could help them.

~~~

Henry awoke to the sound of thunder off in the distance--of course, it was not thunder at all. The kitchen was completely illuminated by the now risen morning sun, as he stood and looked towards the doorway far into the distance. As the rumbling continued, both Richard and Juan were also awakened. They looked at each other, and then also looked towards the doorwar.

"She comin'?" Juan asked.

"Sounds like it," Richard responded.

Henry looked towards where DeShawn was, and saw that he was still laying on the floor. He was not moving at all, as if he were still sleeping.

"Shit!" Henry said as he stood up. "I forgot how deep he sleeps!"

Henry then bolted towards DeShawn, all the while making quick glances toward the doorway as the rumbles became louder. However, he only made it a fourth of the way before she appeared in his vision: April was not entering into the kitchen. Unlike the night before, she was dressed much more casually and confortably; she wore a navy blue tanktop, tight black shorts, and her brown hair has been untied from the ponytail that she had the night before--it hung down, from what Henry could see, a few good inches past her shoulders. The banging sounds of the high heels that she wore that night had been replaced with the slapping sounds of the brown flip-flops that she was currently wearing.

She was walking directly towards where DeShawn was. And fast, at least compared to their size.

As he looked up at her face, he saw that she was looking straight ahead. She did not seem to notice DeShawn on the floor at all!

Henry stopped in his tracks, knowing that he could not reach his friend in time, and took to yelling at him. "DeShawn! Nigga, MOVE!!"

Henry did not know if it was the noise or vibrations of April's approaching footsteps, or if his voice reached him, but he saw DeShawn move. Then, as if he realized the approaching titaness, he quickly scurried to his feet, and began to run towards Henry and the others. In the meantime, April was practically towering right over him.

"C'mon, man!!" Henry shouted. "FASTER!!"

DeShawn looked to have hastened his pace. In that moment, Henry believed that he would be able to rejoin him and the others with no harm done other than shaken nerves.

"C'mon, dawg!! You can do it!!" Henry shouted again.

However, DeShawn was soon completely covered by a dark shadow. DeShawn looked upward, just in time to see April's sandal-clad foot coming down onto him.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Henry yelled as he fell to his knees.

April's left foot came down flat onto the floor, crushing DeShawn underneath the toe portion of her sandal, and then, just as quickly, stepped off of him. As if she had indeed not noticed what she had just done, she continued on her way, towards the refrigerator.

Juan and Richard ran to join Henry. Both had a look of horrified disbelief on their faces as they looked at the remains of DeShawn, his body flattened on the floor in a pool of blood.

"Fuck- FUCK!!" Juan exclaimed in anger. "I can't believe that puta killed him, and didn't even care!"

"I told him it was dangerous here..." Richard said in anguish. "Shit..."

Henry covered his face with his hands, as he heard the refrigerator in the distance close. Then, he heard April's footsteps, each one accompanied by the slaps of her flip-flops, walk again, before they seemed to veer off and stop.

"She went into the other room..." Richard said.

Henry exhaled deeply, uncovered his face, and stood up. "Let's go to her room, and wait for her there."

"You sure?" Juan asked. "What if she comes in here again while we movin'? We could end up like him there!"

"There ain't nothing much else we can do now," Henry said. "Maybe in there, we can climb on her bed and then try to get her attention from there."

"...I guess..."

"It's a plan, then?" Richard asked.

"Yeah," Henry replied.

The three took one last look at their fallen comrad's remains, after which they began to walk towards the doorway that April has entered from.

~~~

Hours passed, their legs feeling as wobbly as jelly, as the group made it into the back hallway, or, at least what looked like the back hallway. To them, it was as wide as a canyon.

In that timespan, April had walked through this area twice--once into her room, and again from it, though dressed up as if she was about to leave, which she did as evident from the sound of the front door opening and closing--and each time she walked by without noticing the tiny men on the floor. They made sure to stay out of her predicted path, by walking on the side of the pathway leading to the hall. Each time she walked by, the three called out to her, but their combined voices did not seem to reach her.

Henry wondered just how small they were; or rather, how small they were compared to her. She looked more like a mountain from their perspective.

As the group walked against the wall, Juan suddenly leaned against it and slouched down onto the floor.

"Man..." he moaned. "I'm so fuckin' hungry and tired..."

Richard echoed his agreement. "Yeah. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon."

"...Henry," Juan called. "Don't you have a snack bar or somethin'?"

"Fuck no," Henry replied. "Why the hell would I bring one here?"

"...Dammit."

"Hey," Henry said. "Just put up with it until we can get April to save us. Let's go."

"...I hope I don't die before then..." Juan muttered, before slowly rising to his feet are a minute's rest, and continuing with Henry and Richard towards April's bedroom.

Juan was right. Henry at least had not eaten anything since the day before. ...Or drunken anything either, for that matter. He was tired beyond belief, not having any decent rest since the previous day's morning; the rest that he had gotten underneath the kitchen table barely did anything to make him feel refreshed. He was unsure whether he'd even survive long enough to reach April, that he'd die of thirst, starvation, fatigue, or any combination of the three, before their horror trip ended.

 

After a long while, the three had reached the doorway that led into April's bedroom. It had been left open--perfectly convient for them, even if they could have most likely fit under the closed door.

The three walked inside of the room. It was somewhat small--which was to be expected, as the house itself was small. Against the far wall in the corner was her bed--covered with a navy blue sheet--and next to it was a nightstand with a lamp set upon it. The curtain over the only window was pulled across, allowing the sunlight to shine inside and illuminate the room. On the side of the bed, between them and it, was a blue rug; the brown flip-flops that April was wearing earlier were placed upon it. There was a cabinet to their right, as well as a dresser with a mirror attached to it. Plastered on the wall were posters of several Rap and Hip-Hop artists such as Ne-Yo, Lil' Wayne, and Kanye West.

"What now?" Juan asked.

"Let's go over there," Henry responded, pointing towards the bed.

"...More walkin'..." Juan let out a sigh.

 

Another while later, they had finished walking the distance to April's bed. As expected, it was gigantic, far moreso than it appeared from the doorway. It rose like a tall building over them. It was huge, yes, but when they considered that April was much more larger, they felt even more insignificant.

"Now what?" Juan asked as the three looked up towards the top of the bed.

"We need to get her attention, right?" Richard asked. "Why don't we climb up and get on the bed?"

"...I see whatchu sayin'," Henry said. "She might be able to hear us then. ...Except I can't climb worth shit."

Richard looked towards Juan. "That leaves you and me."

Juan's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you loco, man? I can't go up there!"

"What, you can't climb, either?" Richard asked.

"Y-yeah, I can, but I'm too tired and hungry..."

"So am I, but you don't hear me bitching about it."

Juan grunted, and looked towards Henry.

"Y'all go up there," Henry said. "I'll wait down here."

Juan gritted his teeth. "Fine, but when he get out of here, you two are gonna pay for this. How the fuck we gonna get up there, anyway?"

"Climbing the leg right there?" Richard suggested as he pointed to the bed leg to their right.

Henry and Juan looked towards the bed leg. Juan turned back towards Henry.

"How the fuck we gonna climb that?!" He said. "We don't have any equipment or anything! What if we fall and break our necks?!"

"Well, as it stands now, we're going to die anyway," Richard said. "We might as well risk taking a shot." With that, he began to walk towards the bed leg.

Juan let out a sigh, and reluctantly followed.

As Henry watched the two depart, he wondered what time it was. He wondered if there was a clock of some sort around, but if there was, it was out of his sight. From the light coming in from the windows, it must have been some time in the afternoon, maybe even approaching evening.

Richard and Juan reached the leg. He could see Juan arguing with Richard again, which ended rather quickly as the two--first Richard, and then the reluctant Juan--grabbed ahold of a corner of the leg, and began to slowly edge themselves upward. As small as they were, it would take yet another long while for them to finally reach the top.

Would April return within that timespan? That remained to be seen.

~~~

Juan's fingers were numb, but at the same time blistered with pain, as he climbed the giant leg of the equally giant bed. He cursed himself over letting Henry and Richard talk him into doing this. Not just the limbing, but the robbery in general. He only agreed to do so because he needed money to pay his own house bills, having been laid off from his construction job months earlier, as well as his unemployment checks drying up.

"How much more of this is it?" he shouted to Richard above him.

"I can see the top!" Richard yelled back. "We're almost there!"

"Gracias a Dios..." Juan muttered to himself.

There was no telling how long the two were on the wooden leg. The fact that they--Juan especially--managed to hold on for taht long was a miracle in itself. It was worse than climbing a mountain, or so he assumed, as there were not any holds to grab onto, so they had to grip their hands and booted feet tightly onto the leg, which was why his fingers stung with pain, despite the gloves that he was wearing.

He looked down below him. They were so far up, that a fall from there would most likely spell instant doom. In fact, seeing the floor so far away made him dizzy. He gulped, and inched his way upward.

 

Soon, the two finally reached the top. Juan pulled himself onto its flat surface, and instantly rolled onto his back to catch his breath.

"Hey, we're not done yet," Richard said.

"...You serious?" Juan could not believe what he had just heard. He almost wanted to throw himself off of the wooden plateau.

"Just that."

Juan looked above him, and saw a blue hill rising before him. It did not take long for him to figure out that it was the sheet-covered mattress. It was not nearly as large as the leg that they had just climbed, which was a relief to the worn Juan.

After taking a few breaths, Juan stood to his feet and made his way towards the mattress, with Richard in tow. He grabbed a handful of the sheet, and began to pull himself upward. Unlike the leg, it was much more easier to climb, and there was not as much stress on his fingers as there was with the wooden leg.

 

The two soon pulled themselves onto the surface of the mattress. Before them was a seemingly endless blue plain. Off in the distance were blue mountains--most likely the bed's pillows. However, between them and the pillows was something else. A red bag of potato chips. It had been opened, but a book with a bookmark inside of it laid on top of the opened end; probably to keep bugs or any other kind of scavenger out.

That said, Juan's stomach began to growl loudly, and with newfound energy, he began to run towards the bag.

"Juan!" Richard called out.

Juan ignored him. There was only one thing on his mind at that moment, and that was getting something to appease the hungry monster in his stomach.

 

Once he reached the gigantic bag, he walked to its opened end and examined it. The book blocked most access to the contents inside, but there was still a small opening on the right side, just big enough for him to crawl in.

"Juan!" Richard called as he reached him. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Chill, man," Juan said as he walked towards the small opening. "I'm just goin' to get somethin' to eat."

Richard started at him for a few seconds. "...Well, hurry up. She could show up any second."

With barely any thought, Juan made his way to the opening, and crawled inside the foil bag. The smell of the barbeque-flavored chips touched his nostrils, and made his mouth water and his stomach roar louder. Once he was completely inside, he stood up and walked towards the source of the smell. It was completely dark inside, so he had to rely on his nose and touch to find the food that he so desired.

It did not take long, as he soon collided with something. One whiff of this object told him that it was a chip. He could not take it anymore, and he bit into the food with all of his might.

~~~

From the floor, Henry looked upward to the bed's surface. He could not see his companions at all, so he could only hope that--from there--they would be able to get April's attention.

Just then, he heard a loud sound off in the distance. It sounded as if something heavy had slammed shut; the door! April had returned.

"Eyyyy!!!!" Henry shouted upward. "She back!!"

He was unsure of whether Juan and Richard heard him, but he hoped that they heard what he heard, and was preparing themselves. Henry then ran underneath the bed, and looked towards the doorway.

Sure enough, he could see April making her way toward the bedroom, her white sneakers creating loud thuds with every step that became even more louder and more violent as she drew closer.

Once inside, she walked towards the bed, and turned around and sat down on it. There, she removed her sneakers, unknowingly revealing her bare feet to him. She then pushed her sneakers under the bed, missing Henry by several feet.

He then heard something rustle above him.

He hoped that Juan and Richard were okay.

~~~

Juan heard it from the bag. He heard Richard yelling frantically for him to get out of the bag. However, before he could make a move, he heard those heavy footsteps walk into the room, and then he felt the ground tilt to the side--most likely the result of her sitting on the bed--and causing him to lose his balance and roll off to the side of the bag.

He stood up, just as a blinding light suddenly shone inside. Most likely the result of the book being lifted off of the bag's opening. However, just as he prepared to make a run for the opening, the bag shook, and then the path to the opening began to tilt. And tilt even futher. To the point where Juan slipped and fell down into the pit of potato chips. As he regained his bearings, he found that the opening was now above him. There was no escaping this prison. At least, not by his own power.

"Hey!!!" He shouted. "Hey!! April, help me!!!"

Juan waited for a response. Any response.

He waited seemingly for minutes, all the while shouting for April's attention.

"April, please!!!" he continued. "Save me!!!"

Then, a huge shadow appeared over the bag's opening. Looking closely, the shadow turned out to be a giant ebony hand that was reaching inside. Had she heard his cries for help?

The hand traveled deeped into the bag, obscuring the light from behind it. In that instant, Juan knew that he had been saved.

Then, he felt the ground shake, and then the hand began to withdraw, except that its fingers had gripped onto one of the many chips inside, and was pulling it out of the bag. He then heard the sound of crunching--or munching--from above him.

She did not hear him. She was just hungry.

Juan became more frantic. "Hey, April!! Please!! Get me outta here!!"

Her hand appeared again, and once again reached into the bag and grabbed onto a chip. Suddenly coming up with an idea, Juan jumped for the chip that she had grabbed, and held onto it as she pulled it out of the bag.

As he was met with the air of the room outside, Juan found the chip that he was holding onto being drawn closer to April's face, specifically her mouth. Yes, she was a rather attractive girl, but that did not matter in the least when one realized that, in seconds, he would become a mean for the unaware girl.

"Hey, wait!!" Juan shouted. "Don't eat me!! Can't you hear me?! Please!!"

Juan looked more closely towards the giantess, and saw that she was not even looking at the chip. Instead, her attention seemed to be drawn elsewhere, towards something below. Furthermore, she had earphones in her ears, and therefore most likely couldn't hear him over the music that she seemed to be listening to.

Juan let out a volley of curses. He looked around, and realized that now was the best time to let go of the chip. Whether it'd be a safe fall or not, he was unsure of. However, he knew that that risk was better than the guaranteed death that would await him if he stayed on.

...However, he soon found that he made this realization too late, as, before he knew it, he was inside of April's mouth. He screamed as her hand released the chip, and then her mouth closed, leaving him in humid darkness.. Then, he was flung back and forth as her teeth began to break down the large chip. Luckily, Juan managed to avoid being crushed by the ivory teeth, though his luck ran out as he soon found himself stuck to the mashed-up pieces of chip mixed with her saliva.

He gave one final scream as the mass was worked towards the back of her mouth, and then swallowed.

~~~

Richard watched as April ate the potato chips from its packaging as she read her book. Minutes ago, as she sat on the bed, Richard had just barely avoided being crushed to death by her demin short-covered butt. He found himself lucky, and could only hope that Juan was unharmed as well.

However, he was now faced with a new problem: How was he going to get her attention? He tried shouting at her, but she was weaing earphones. There was no way that his voice could reach her over the music.

As he contemplated what to do next, he heard a buzzing sound, accompanied by a rap song. April sighed, placed her opened book face-down onto the bed and removed her earphones, and then dug into her pocket. She then pulled out her cell phone, and flipped it open, before bringing it to her ear.

"Yeah, what's up?" She said, with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "...Reading this book. Why? ...For what? I just got back here. ...My sister was having computer trouble, so I had to go over there and reboot her computer, 'cause her ass didn't know how to do it!" She chucked. "Yeah, well, I spent all that money learning PC technology and shit, why the hell shouldn't I use it?"

She placed her left hand onto the bed, close to where Richard was.

"...Shut up," she said in a somewhat teasing manner. "I ain't gonna limit myself just 'cause I'm Black. ...Yeah, I know you were. ...Shit, that's why I'm moving out of this city soon. Ain't no jobs here. ...Maybe California. I hear that there's a lot of IT jobs out there. But their economy is bad, too..."

Richard listened to her conversation, and then looked towards her left hand on the bed. Then, he had an idea. If his voice could not reach her, perhaps the feel of his body would.

He made his way towards the gigantic hand, as each of its fingers tapped up and down, and occasionally grabbing and releasing the blue sheet.

Upon reaching it, he began to rub his hands on its index finger.

"Please work, please work..." Richard chanted to himself.

Initally, for a minute, his technique did not seem to be having any effect, as April continued with her conversation uninterrupted. Richard hastened his pace. He hoped that her hand would stay in place, and that it would not move with her noticing him.

"What the fuck?" April said above him.

The hand moved, and Richard backed away from it. He then looked upward, and saw April's gigantic face looking down directly at him.

"April!!" Richard shouted. "Can you see me?! It's me!! Richard!!"

"...It's some bug," April said into the phone. "A small black bug."

Then, the same left hand that Richard was just rubbing on bore upon him and snatched him between its index finger and thumb. He screamed as he was brought closer to April's face. He struggled in her grasp, and watched as the giantess examined him.

"...Uh-huh, some ugly-ass bug," she said. "...Well, I can't have bugs running around here, right? That's unsanitary. ...By squeezing it."

As soon as she said this, the pressure on Richard's body increased by megatons. Within a split second, the tone of his screaming reached a breaking point, before there was a bright white flash, and then nothing.

~~~

Henry ran out from underneath the bed as soon as April's conversation shifted to "a small black bug." Henry knew exactly what--or who--she was talking about. She had found either Richard or Juan.

Then, he witnessed in horror as he saw her snuff the life out of him with her fingers. However, unlike with DeShawn, this murder was intentional.

He has seen two of his companions--nay, friends--die at her hands. Deep inside, feelings of anger and despair were welling. He wished that he was back to his normal size, so that he could give her a piece of his mind.

He considered giving her foot a hard kick, but he decided against it. Doing so would have probably sealed his fate as well.

"Ugh..." April said in disgust. I need to go wash my hands now. That bug left a nasty mess."

Henry ran away from the titaness as she stood from her bed and walked out of the room, taking her phone with her. He felt disgusted over the fact that one of his friends was going to literally be washed from her hands as if he was dirt.

He then looked up towards the bed again. He wondered which of the two were still alive.

"Hey!!" He shouted. "Can you hear me up there?! Hey!!!"

He waited for a minute. No response. Either his voice did not reach them, or both of them had actually been killed. Henry did not want the latter to be true, that he lost two of his friends within minutes, and that he was the last remaining member of their group.

He had a sudden flashback--back to his younger days; how the four met in elementary school. They always played together at recess, and Henry and DeShawn were teased by it, as Juan and Richard were two of the very few non-Black students at the school. But they ignored their jeers.

They stayed together through middle school, and high school. The four were determined to keep their friendship strong and make something of their lives. Unfortunately, tough economic times, especially here in Detroit, forced them to rob the house of his ex-girlfriend April. The rest afterwards was history.

He did not want to believe that he was the last of his friends left. If he were to leave this house, he did not want to be the only one to do so.

Then, the floor began to vibrate again with the sounds of those familiar footsteps. Henry looked back towards the doorway, and saw April walking back into the room. He ran back under the bed, and hid as April took her seat on the bed. Then, her feet rose off of the floor, and disappeared from sight.

Henry sat down on the floor. He did not know what to do next. Was getting April's attention and help truly the best idea? Would doing so end up with him ending up like DeShawn: nothing more than a stain on the floor?

"...Shit."

There was nothing he could do now, except listen in on April's conversation.

"...Of course it was a bug! ...Well, actually, maybe not. I ain't never seen a bug bleed red blood like that. Plus, I looked close at it. It only had four legs, and a... white face, I think. ...Yeah, I know. Right? ...That security system I installed!! That's right!! No one broke in since I installed it a year ago, and I forgot all about it!!"

"Security system?" Henry repeated to himself.

"...Yeah, that shit was expensive, but they called it a 'breakthrough of home security technology'. ...Well, they say that it has four key features that set it apart from the older kinds. ...Why? Don't you have Internet at your house?" April sighed. "...Whatever. Fine, you lazy ass. I'll go over them again for you."

"...Anyway," she continued. "The first feature would use a high-frequency sound to knock the intruders out. Second, it closes and locks any and all doors in the house, even if they came in through a window. Third, it removes and destroys any dangerous weapons that they have on them. And finally, it shrinks all of the robbers."

Henry gasped. He could not believe what he had just heard. Such an advancement of technology existed? He had heard nothing of the sort.

"I didn't notice anything out of place when I came home last night. But that bug DID look weird... Maybe it was some muthafucka who was stupid enough to break in here."

"Shit!" Henry said to himself. Of all the houses on the street, why did they have to choose April's? Because of lingering bitterness over their break-up perhaps?

"...Yeah, maybe there's more of in here if that's the case. Maybe I should look for them?"

This last sentence sent shivers down his spine.

"...What else am I going to do? They broke into my house! ...I don't care if it's murder. They're robbers! I don't think anyone cares about them being killed! ...How am I going to find them? ...I don't know, but if I see one, I'mma show them why they shouldn't've broke into my house!"

Henry rose to his feet. With those words, the game plan was changed. Begging April for help was useless at this point. Now, she seemed hellbent on seeing the end of him, as well as whoever else was on the bed. Henry felt sorry for whoever it was up there, as they could very well be the first one to go.

"...You really think they had time to come all the way to my room? I walked out of here and into the living room a few times today, and I ain't seen anything. ...Okay, fine. Where would they be? ...Well, that makes sense, I guess. It's like the only hiding place in here..."

Then, April's bare feet returned, landing onto the floor. Followed by her knees. Then her hair and hands. Henry yelped as the titaness lowered herself onto the floor, and turned her attention towards the space underneath her bed.

With no hesitation, Henry turned around and began to run further underneath the bed. He hoped that the darkness would shield him from April's searching eyes.

However, that hope was soon shattered.

"I think I see one of them," her voice boomed throughout the space. "...Yeah. Just barely."

Then, a shadow grew from behind, before her hand appeared directly in his path. Then, the giant hand pulled towards him, eventually capturing him and pushing him out into the light of the room.

"I got him right here now," she said.

Once the hand withdrew, Henry looked above him, and saw April looking right down at him, still on her hands and knees. He was horrified. April still had the same cute face that he remembered her for. However, that did not matter in the least, as at that moment, he was completely at her mercy.

"April, please!!" Henry begged. "I'm sorry I broke in here! I'm sorry! I'll never do it again! Just let me go!! Please!!" At that point, he had been nearly brought to tears.

"...How? ...How do most people kill bugs?"

Then, April stood to her feet, and rose over him like a mountain again. Henry shivered as he looked high up at how far away her face was from him, where just a few seconds ago, it was just several feet away (on his scale). Then, a shadow covered him as that vision was replaced by that of her right foot's sole, particularly her big toe.

"No!!" Henry yelled. "AAAAAPPRILLLLLLL!!!!"

It began to fall down onto him. Henry stood to his feet and tried to run as fast as he could, away from the falling mountain of flesh over him.

The shadow became ever darker, and Henry faster. However, he was not fast enough. He felt the weight of the world push him to the floor, and then felt an absurd amount of pressure exerted on his body. It felt almost like forever, the pain of his entire body--bones, internal organs--being crushed flat. However, it must have only been a second, before there was a flash of light, which was then promptly followed by everlasting darkness.

~~~

April lowered her big toe onto the tiny intruder, and then pressed it against the floor. She twisted it a few times, grinding the already dead burglar into the floor. She then pulled her foot back, and kneeled down to examine her handiwork.

No doubt about it: he was dead. What he left behind was a small red splatter surrounding the black clothes that he was wearing.

"...And he's dead," April said into her cell phone.

The person on the other line, a male, laughed. "Girl, you so evil. You stepped on him?"

"Yep," she responded. "...Barefoot, too."

"Really? How'd it feel?"

"...Nothing special. I've stepped on bugs barefoot before. It felt the same, but it was smaller."

"Aww, that's too bad for you, huh?"

"Uh-huh. ...Maybe I should go find any other robbers in here."

"Well, when you do, record yourself stepping on them, and send it to me."

April chuckled. "Sure, why not?"

"Great!" he sounded excited.

"Anyway, I'mma let you go now, but if I find any others, I'll let you know."

"Okay, April. See ya!"

"Bye!"

She flipped the phone closed, but then flipped it back open. She then turned on the phone's camera, and kneeled down to the crushed burglar on the floor below her. Then, she zoomed the camera lens onto the body, until it took up a good portion of the screen. Finally, she snapped the picture, and sent it to her friend, whom she had just finished talking to.

Then, she placed the phone back into her pocket. After slipping her feet into her brown flip-flops, she made her way out of the room.

If there were more miniturized burglars in her house, she would need the appropriate tools to find them. Such as a flashlight for darker spaces that they could be hiding in (it was by luck that she found that guy under her bed), as well as food for bait. No doubt that they must be hungry by now.

She was determined to grind the life out of any and all of those foolish burglars that had tried to rob her of her hard-earned belongings.

 

[The End]